PDA

View Full Version : Is Jason Fields Tomlin's REAL QB dream?

Bawb the Revelator
03-07-2022, 01:07 AM
First - I DON'T KNOW since I don't mind read minds and half the time I don't read my own mind right. I watched a Trubisky video which "sorta" blamed Matt Nagy the Bears coach AND admitted that Trubisky wasn't worth a #2 pick overall. The NFL Draft is a Meat Market and Tom Brady in Round 6 proves it. But hope is eternal among fishermen and On The Wagon Gambling Sickos just like me [LOL.] Tomlin was all over Fields in his draft year knowing there was NO CHANCE for the Steelers to get Fields. And Tomlin's too smart to denigrate a fellow NFL coach in public. Meanwhile Fields was u very underwhelming in his first season. So Maybe Tomlin, Colbert and the Steelers hope Fields STAYS underwhelming and Matt Nagy STAYS head coach long enough for the Bears to dump Fields as a bust. Arrogance by ownership has made the Bears the Bears the same way Bottom Line Bob Nutting makes the Pirates the Pirates. JUST SAYIN' :)

flippy
03-07-2022, 05:53 AM
I liked Justin Fields and thought he could be the best QB in his year's draft. I like his arm and ability to throw on the move.

But he's gotta overcome the OSU QB stench in the NFL.

I may be wrong, but I think Mike Tomczak was the only ok QB in the NFL. Ok is probably stretching it. But the rest have been awful. Not sure why.

Although Haskins was the reason Burrow had to leave OSU and go play at LSU, so maybe he's better than Burrow?

feltdizz
03-07-2022, 09:38 AM
I liked Justin Fields and thought he could be the best QB in his year's draft. I like his arm and ability to throw on the move.

I may be wrong, but I think Mike Tomczak was the only ok QB in the NFL. Ok is probably stretching it. But the rest have been awful. Not sure why.

Although Haskins was the reason Burrow had to leave OSU and go play at LSU, so maybe he's better than Burrow?

I think some have said Day has recruited QB’s that actually have game and can play at the next level. I think the vest and Meyer weren’t really concerned about pro ready QB’s and went after players who fit their system.

I’ve heard Nagy and company didn’t do Trubisky any favors but I also believe he was over drafted. The kid only had 1 season as a starter and didn’t really have tape that was impressive.

also, isn’t it Justin Fields? lol

WindyCitySteel
03-07-2022, 10:15 AM
also, isn’t it Justin Fields? lol

Yes, and Nagy isn't with the team anymore.

Oviedo
03-07-2022, 10:31 AM

I know why...just like Alabama QBs. They are surrounded by so much talent that they never had to struggle. Receivers are wide open, the OL keeps them clean, play with big leads which opens the whole playback, etc

Oviedo
03-07-2022, 10:33 AM

Haskins couldn't carry Burrow's jock

Buzz
03-07-2022, 10:51 AM
Haskins couldn't carry Burrow's jock

nor would he want to

WindyCitySteel
03-07-2022, 11:56 AM
I know why...just like Alabama QBs. They are surrounded by so much talent that they never had to struggle. Receivers are wide open, the OL keeps them clean, play with big leads which opens the whole playback, etc

That's part of it, but you also had some one year wonders with obvious limitations (Haskins, Cardale Jones), a lot of running QBs who fit Urban's college only system, and in general not a lot of luck recruiting big time QBs for a long time. Craig Krenzel? Steve Belisari? Joe Germaine? Gross.

Fields has all the tools to play in the NFL, I wouldn't give up on him yet. Stroud looked pretty amazing last season, too. Those two are head and shoulders above anyone coming out of OSU in decades.

Before Watson, there were no successful Clemson QBs in the NFL. Before Mahomes, none from Texas Tech.

feltdizz
03-07-2022, 12:50 PM

I think Bama QB’s and OSU QB’s are better than their predecessors.

Mac Jones, Tua and Hurts all look better than the last batch of QB’s who were stiffs who threw to wide open WR’s.

Tua was laser accurate at Bama. Never seen a Bama QB with that type of precision. Mac Jones is similar. Great ball placement

Hurts was ehh, at Bama but he had a year at Oklahoma and really excelled in that offense throwing the ball.

I don’t think you can use history to define these last 3 QB’s.

Same with the Buckeyes. These last few QB’s are not like the previous generation.

Lastly, the NFL is also changing to accommodate these QB’s instead of a one size fits all that didn’t give mobile QB’s much of a chance because OC’s refused to gameplan to their strength’s

whisper
03-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Steelers hope Fields STAYS underwhelming and Matt Nagy STAYS head coach long enough for the Bears to dump Fields as a bust. Arrogance by ownership has made the Bears the Bears the same way Bottom Line Bob Nutting makes the Pirates the Pirates. JUST SAYIN' :)

I'm pretty sure Naggy is out as Bear's HC; Eberflus is now the head coach there, former DC at Indy. As far as ownership goes, it's a 98-year-old Virginia Halas McCaskey.

Bawb the Revelator
03-07-2022, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Naggy is out as Bear's HC; Eberflus is now the head coach there, former DC at Indy. As far as ownership goes, it's a 98-year-old Virginia Halas McCaskey.

I appreciate this info no end, Bro Whisper. Really! Eberflus even sounds like a proper last name for a Bears head coach. George Halas' 98 year old daughter is the perfect owner to hire Coach Eberflus. Please don't send any more details until I've finished enjoying this piece of Life Imitating Art :)