PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Beats the Steelers Like the Steelers

Buzz
01-19-2022, 11:41 AM
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/watch-no-team-beats-the-pittsburgh-steelers-like-the-pittsburgh-steelers/

Just pathetic.

As someone asked in the comment section, are our players too dense to understand what they should be doing? Are our coaches unable to teach them properly? Are we not spending enough time working on these things?

Contrast how well-rehearsed and sharp the Chiefs seemed to be with how out of sync we were. I understand they have some great talent, esp. at key positions, but there was a lot more to this beat-down than that.

Chucktownsteeler
01-19-2022, 11:49 AM
I am having trouble viewing the videos, but I will add the Steelers "weren't a well-oiled machine" by any stretch of the imagination this season. There was missed assignments, poor communications, predictability, etc. all year. Passes behind the LOS, WRs end arounds with little or no blocking, being hell-bent on getting Najee outside, WRs quitting on routes, etc. That's just the offense. The defense had 4 games with the opponents rushing over 200 yards. We saw runs by the opponents of 15 to 20 yards before contact. The year had its warts and how we squeaked into the playoffs is somewhat of a miracle when you think about it.

The person that posted (Hypo Cycloid) may have been a little rough with his description but I can't really argue with his assessment.

T.Ferguson
01-19-2022, 11:57 AM
Very well prepared offense lol. Crazy this team was in the playoffs. Considering how over the hill Ben was this season I think he did kind of an amazing job all things considered dealing with this offense.

On the DJ route that he quits on the pass is actually pretty good if DJ kept running I think he would have had a shot at it. Also nobody was open on that play and it looked like two guys were doing 2 yard crossers, surprise surprise.

Ghost
01-19-2022, 12:13 PM
My 5th grader played O-line this past season, both guard and tackle. After they broke the huddle, they lined up and verbally said and pointed to the guy they were going to block so they other linemen knew. Maybe the Steelers o-line needs to get back to pee-wee coaching to get it right...

papillon
01-19-2022, 12:20 PM
My 5th grader played O-line this past season, both guard and tackle. After they broke the huddle, they lined up and verbally said and pointed to the guy they were going to block so they other linemen knew. Maybe the Steelers o-line needs to get back to pee-wee coaching to get it right...

This made me lol...the line was a hot mess most of the year. It showed signs at times of getting it together but not nearly often enough to make a run in the playoffs. The play in which JC shifted protection to the left and Turner shifted protection to the right that opened a hole for the LB or DL to run through and sack Ben almost at the same time he received the snap was indicative of the OL struggles this year. Just as a side note, that hole was the biggest hole they opened all year, too bad it allowed a defensive player to run through it. :p

Pappy

WindyCitySteel
01-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Discipline and being on the details was never a Tomlin strong suit. Better hope playmakers step up and make enough plays to win.

feltdizz
01-19-2022, 12:44 PM
This made me lol...the line was a hot mess most of the year. It showed signs at times of getting it together but not nearly often enough to make a run in the playoffs. The play in which JC shifted protection to the left and Turner shifted protection to the right that opened a hole for the LB or DL to run through and sack Ben almost at the same time he received the snap was indicative of the OL struggles this year. Just as a side note, that hole was the biggest hole they opened all year, too bad it allowed a defensive player to run through it. :p

Pappy

I never understood how lineman can have a guy directly in front of them and they look to block someone else.

Northern_Blitz
01-19-2022, 12:45 PM

And even that doesn't matter if they keep moving before the snap. :(