PDA

View Full Version : A reason why D Watson has not been traded?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-17-2021, 07:55 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

Well, Robert Kraft might want him.

whatever
03-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Oh oh, let’s see if the ones talking crap about Kraft will say anything about Watson.

Steel Maniac
03-17-2021, 11:59 PM
Oh oh, let’s see if the ones talking crap about Kraft will say anything about Watson.

So he wants out of Houston,,,, and suddenly out of the blue, sexual allegations come up which would (conveniently) make Watson an unattractive player to keep..thus, helping Watson to get traded out of Hoston. How convenient for him. Timing is perfect too..a month before the draft. Amazing how these things work out.

Buzz
03-18-2021, 12:07 AM
I don't think these allegations would be helpful to his market value

SteelBucks
03-18-2021, 12:14 AM
So he wants out of Houston,,,, and suddenly out of the blue, sexual allegations come up which would (conveniently) make Watson an unattractive player to keep..thus, helping Watson to get traded out of Hoston. How convenient for him. Timing is perfect too..a month before the draft. Amazing how these things work out.

This kills his trade value. No one will want him with this lingering over his head.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2021, 12:16 AM
I don't think these allegations would be helpful to his market value

Never know; #metoo.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 01:47 AM

do you ever think before you write ridiculous things like this?

these allegations would not only hurt his market value but also make him undesireable to trade for.

Mr.wizard
03-18-2021, 04:54 AM
These are civil lawsuits not really going to hurt him.

NorthCoast
03-18-2021, 07:24 AM
These are civil lawsuits not really going to hurt him.Money grab. BUT, it's not a good look for the NFL. Roethlisberger was punished over allegations of douchey behavior.

Main question; are there videos?

feltdizz
03-18-2021, 07:47 AM

lmao. Your brain has a funny way of always being wrong.

feltdizz
03-18-2021, 07:48 AM
Never know; #metoo.

this isn’t what metoo means but don’t let that stop you.

Mr.wizard
03-18-2021, 11:41 AM
Money grab. BUT, it's not a good look for the NFL. Roethlisberger was punished over allegations of douchey behavior.

Main question; are there videos?

Dont know if its a money grab but if its something that can go away quietly without suspension, i dont think it deters too many teams.

SteelBucks
03-18-2021, 11:46 AM
Dont know if its a money grab but if its something that can go away quietly without suspension, i dont think it deters too many teams.

Like the stock market, teams hate uncertainty. No one will trade for Watson until this is resolved.

feltdizz
03-18-2021, 11:53 AM
Like the stock market, teams hate uncertainty. No one will trade for Watson until this is resolved.

pretty sure no one could trade for him anyways because the Texans had no interest in trading him.

I believe the timing of this is insurance for the Texans. Seriously doubt Watson’s camp would paint him as a sexual predator to get out of a contract. More than likely it would be used by the franchise to get out if paying for the contract.

Mr.wizard
03-18-2021, 11:53 AM

Well if there are no filed criminal charges then teams dont really have to worry about alot.

SteelBucks
03-18-2021, 11:58 AM
pretty sure no one could trade for him anyways because the Texans had no interest in trading him.

I believe the timing of this is insurance for the Texans. Seriously doubt Watson’s camp would paint him as a sexual predator to get out of a contract. More than likely it would be used by the franchise to get out if paying for the contract.

I agree. A third civil suit was filed today so this isn’t going away anytime soon.

SteelBucks
03-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Well if there are no filed criminal charges then teams dont really have to worry about alot.

NFL could still suspend him. Similar to Antonio Brown.

feltdizz
03-18-2021, 12:06 PM

nah, now teams have to wonder if Goodell will act when he hears about sexual assault allegations.

This could all be true but it could also be the franchise reminding DeShaun to know his place.

If Deshaun knew about these allegations its stupid to try and force your way out when the team is keeping this in their back pocket.

We could’ve done the same thing with AB. I’m sure we knew about his civil suit.

I will always believe the Raiders helped put his dirty laundry out in the open as retribution for how he treated them.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 12:44 PM
lmao. Your brain has a funny way of always being wrong.

you can flip a coin and be right half the time.

amazing how Steel Maniac has the ability to be wrong all the time.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-18-2021, 12:52 PM
This kills his trade value. No one will want him with this lingering over his head.

Exactly. A me too QB, who has more problems with women than AB? Which team wants that? His trade value took a huge hit.

steelguin
03-18-2021, 01:45 PM
I would assume he's looking at 6 game suspension reduced to 4 on appeal like Ben got?

feltdizz
03-18-2021, 01:49 PM
you can flip a coin and be right half the time.

amazing how Steel Maniac has the ability to be wrong all the time.

which is why folks need to laugh at the predictions and guarantees. Might be a good idea to ask SM his picks each week and do the opposite.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-18-2021, 01:59 PM
More Watson news. When one person says it, its debatable. When two people who don't know each other say the same thing it's harder to dismiss. Might other women come out? Suddenly he's Andrew Cuomo.

Watson better lawyer up and get his check book out to keep these women silent. The worst thing he can do it let the legal process play out as it will only look worse in the court of public opinion.

Maybe his team will have his back, Maybe they won't. They should if they want to keep him or trade him. If public opinion becomes bad, a divorce between the Texans and Watson will really hurt the Texans. Cut him and they have ( -$51,200,000 ) in dead money on the cap. OUCH. That would the highest dead money cut ever by a good margin.

Which brings to me an off the field point. Most owners have their own luxury yacht. Well perhaps Green Bay doesn't, but stay with me. There are some key people who aren't married that are into this stuff. Owners should know who they are, and simply call this person and say I've got a private yacht for this type of stuff with no police, international waters law, and no cameras. Scummy? Perhaps. Protecting their assets, heck yes.

Years back the Vikings tried something like this, except they boat was rented & paid for by one of the players. Several of the players including the Quarterback were captured on camera Prostitutes were flown up from Florida and Georgia. There were an estimated 100 women on the boat. It was a really bad day for the NFL which happened before Goodell took office. Had Roger been active, who knows what the fines and suspensions would be.

Four players faced charges. Later the Mike Tice ( Head coach ) was fired but not before wanting to fight the players in this mess ( Mike Tice was a former offensive lineman player not to far removed from his paying days ) , as apparently stuff like this had happened before. One of the players involved was a Steeler.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/17/deshaun-watson-lawsuit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Vikings_boat_party_scandal

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 02:10 PM

just when I think it's impossible for you to say anything stupider, you do.

Northern_Blitz
03-18-2021, 02:40 PM

Yep. This is like AB. Can't spend a bunch of capital to get a guy, then find out he's not allowed to play in the league anymore.

If they wanted to just walk away, they could maybe do that (and recoup signing bonus money) depending on the language in his contract.

But that seems like it would be bad asset management unless there's a conviction or something.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2021, 04:31 PM
Yep. This is like AB. Can't spend a bunch of capital to get a guy, then find out he's not allowed to play in the league anymore.

If they wanted to just walk away, they could maybe do that (and recoup signing bonus money) depending on the language in his contract.

But that seems like it would be bad asset management unless there's a conviction or something.

Seriously thou..

It's too much of a coincidence that he wants to leave and all of a sudden these chicks pop up. This looks like an angry owner getting back at Watson. Good luck to him because I think
this is a frame job.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Seriously thou..

It's too much of a coincidence that he wants to leave and all of a sudden these chicks pop up. This looks like an angry owner getting back at Watson. Good luck to him because I think
this is a frame job.

the first rule of being in a deep hole is to stop digging.

your premise is idiotic, just stop.

whatever
03-18-2021, 05:37 PM
I see some of he same people trashing Kraft refuse to say anything bad about Watson.
Color me correct.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2021, 05:40 PM
I don't know how or why but when Watson came out of Clemson his character was impeccable. Not sure what changed or are these damn lies.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 06:22 PM

this is a frame job.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/ee/a1/96eea10de6d6f4e51e6775fc7337cf4c.jpg

Northern_Blitz
03-18-2021, 06:49 PM
Seriously thou..

this is a frame job.

That would be amazingly stupid. Watson is a huge asset for that franchise whether he plays or he gets traded.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2021, 08:35 PM
That would be amazingly stupid. Watson is a huge asset for that franchise whether he plays or he gets traded.

North,

The owner goes to Watson and says, " what do you want?" We've got this endorsement deal lined up for you , we'll get you a new WR in the draft as well. What do you want?"

Watson says, " I don't care what your offering, I"m out." The best way to ruin him and his trade value is to smear him then. Now, the owner can make those girls go away if Watson says he'll stay
with Houston. This looks like a blackmail job. I don't believe in this "coincidence". Nope..not buying it.

Watson might be dead set in not coming back and this is a good revenge tool. As time goes by, we'll hear more about this.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 08:39 PM

I googled the term" amazingly stupid" and a picture of Steel Maniac appeared.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2021, 10:03 PM
Second lawsuit filed, lawyer claims six total claims are coming against Deshaun Watson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2021

The number of Deshaun Watson apparent accusers continues to increase, thanks to the apparent efforts of a Houston lawyer to solicit more clients.

As promised by attorney Tony Buzbee, a second assault lawsuit was filed on Wednesday against the Texans quarterback. On social media, Buzbee claims that four more are coming.

“Third lawsuit of now six to be filed, against Deshaun Watson, alleging assault,” Buzbee said on Instagram. “This one is the most egregious, to date. Again, I won’t share details here, but we have open courts in our Texas Constitution, meaning all lawsuits are public record. Our staff has received numerous calls. We screen each one, and I personally talk with and screen any individual on whose behalf we file. I’ve been doing this a long time. I don’t need ‘fame,’ and, to be quite honest, and I say this as modestly as I can, if I never made another penny I would be quite okay. Point is, I’m not pursuing these cases for the money, and every woman who has filed thus far has only plead the minimum amount to invoke the court’s jurisdiction ($500). This isn’t about the money!!

“And to be clear: I’ve had many high profile cases in my life. I represented a sitting governor when he faced life in prison. I’ve represented widows, orphans, amputees, and those horribly burned or injured. As lead, I’ve handled many mass torts and class actions recovering hundreds of millions of dollars. I’ve tried and won some of the largest cases in Texas history. But, I will say I’ve never faced the nastiness and vitriol I’ve experienced in this case. People are crazy! Threatening my kids? People I know? Threatening my fiancé? Telling me they will kill me or they hope I die? All because of football?? Get a grip!! Yet: We won’t be deterred or intimidated by key board warriors. As a Recon Marine I’ve seen danger — I’m not at all concerned by dumb ****s with a keyboard. Haha. I’ll continue to proudly represent those who are written off and marginalized in our society. These cases are exactly why many of us became lawyers.”

The second lawsuit, again filed by a plaintiff operating under a pseudonym, looks a lot like the first lawsuit. Both entail massages that the masseuses claim were intended to be more than massages.

In the second case, the masseuse flew from Atlanta to Houston to provide a massage to Watson. Like the first case, the complaint alleges assault.

Watson generally has denied wrongdoing. He deserves the benefit of all protections that apply to those accused of wrongdoing. No one went to the police, and no one filed criminal charges against him. Buzbee has used his social-media platform to recruit others to come forward.

Whether any, some, or all of them can make viable claims backed up by the law and the facts remains to be seen. By all appearances, Watson intends to defend himself in court.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/second-lawsuit-filed-lawyer-claims-six-total-claims-are-coming-against-deshaun-watson/

BURGH86STEEL
03-19-2021, 06:37 AM
I see some of he same people trashing Kraft refuse to say anything bad about Watson.
Color me correct.
Kraft was caught and guilty. Watson is in the accusation stage.

BURGH86STEEL
03-19-2021, 06:46 AM
North,

The owner goes to Watson and says, " what do you want?" We've got this endorsement deal lined up for you , we'll get you a new WR in the draft as well. What do you want?"

Watson says, " I don't care what your offering, I"m out." The best way to ruin him and his trade value is to smear him then. Now, the owner can make those girls go away if Watson says he'll stay
with Houston. This looks like a blackmail job. I don't believe in this "coincidence". Nope..not buying it.

Watson might be dead set in not coming back and this is a good revenge tool. As time goes by, we'll hear more about this.
I don't think Watson would want to bring this kind of heat on himself just to get traded.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-19-2021, 07:16 AM
I think Watson is in NFL jeopardy. Three law suits of soon to be six? Like I said one lawsuit, you can take his word, two he is in deep doo-doo. Now six lawsuits?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-19-2021, 07:23 AM
I don't know how or why but when Watson came out of Clemson his character was impeccable. Not sure what changed or are these damn lies.

Clemson football is fraternity of men. Their coach fits the local culture to a T. I hate to think they turned a blind eye at him in college. But reality, we don't know these guys or have access to character reports.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-19-2021, 08:07 AM
A lawyer claims he has 9 clients with assault claims against Watson. An ask for a massage is not huge deal with the NFL, but assault 9 times? That's a sicko. Watson might have a no trade clause, but I'm going to agree with Steel Maniac. He might be traded Texas penal. Each day the odds increase he will.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/lawyer-claims-he-has-nine-clients-with-claims-against-deshaun-watson/

BURGH86STEEL
03-19-2021, 08:24 AM
A lawyer claims he has 9 clients with assault claims against Watson. An ask for a massage is not huge deal with the NFL, but assault 9 times? That's a sicko. Watson might have a no trade clause, but I'm going to agree with Steel Maniac. He might be traded Texas penal. Each day the odds increase he will.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/lawyer-claims-he-has-nine-clients-with-claims-against-deshaun-watson/
I really don't care one way or another what happens with Watson. Innocent until the facts come out and he is proven guilty.

Eich
03-19-2021, 08:30 AM
Initially the story read like someone trying to get a payday from Watson. Especially with the story of him flying someone to him to give him a massage? Unless the therapist is a known sports massage therapist, is there anyone on the planet that wouldn't assume that the intention was for a little more than a massage? But 6-9 women now willing to file suit for assault? That reads a whole lot different.

feltdizz
03-19-2021, 09:01 AM
I read a rumor that the attorney representing a bunch of the women is a “neighbor” of the Texans owner.

He once claimed he was good friends and neighbors with McNair when he put up billboards begging the Texans to draft Johnny Manziel.

Not saying dude isn’t a legit lawyer but he has pulled some weird stunts.

Filming himself sleeping on the streets with the homeless and then going back to his 5 Star hotel.

Announcing a travel road food show after losing an election.. no episodes were ever released.

When one attorney claims to have 9 women all represented by him I definitely wonder if its being embellished.

whatever
03-19-2021, 09:52 AM
Kraft was caught and guilty. Watson is in the accusation stage.

Kraft was not guilty.
Kraft also was engaging in a mutually agreed upon businesses agreement.
People here were accusing him of trafficking.

Northern_Blitz
03-19-2021, 09:59 AM
North,

As I said, I think that would be very stupid.

It makes it likely that his best player will get suspended.

That hurts their chances of winning games if they want keep him.

Or it destroys his trade value if they want to trade him.

People can certainly be that petty. But it would be really dumb IMO.

steelguin
03-19-2021, 10:38 AM
I googled the term" amazingly stupid" and a picture of Steel Maniac appeared.

I googled "STFU on a football forum with your petty BS that none of us want to hear" and you and him popped up.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-19-2021, 10:48 AM
Initially the story read like someone trying to get a payday from Watson. Especially with the story of him flying someone to him to give him a massage? Unless the therapist is a known sports massage therapist, is there anyone on the planet that wouldn't assume that the intention was for a little more than a massage? But 6-9 women now willing to file suit for assault? That reads a whole lot different.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31086798/houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-accused-sexual-assault-third-civil-lawsuit

Watson should abandon twitter and social media and be silent. Let his attorney and agent handle it from here. 9 assault charges? OMG. I don't doubt some women are doing this for the money, but I don't think all of them are lying either. Let the facts come out.

Ben got 6 games reduced to 4 over an incident that did not have anything close to do with a massage, and assault charges. He also had zero texts to women about meeting him in some random building. Remember Ben was never charged with anything, which really ticked me off.

What's Roger Goodell going to do once the facts and evidence against Watson becomes more visible? With 40% of the fans being women, and the marketing promotions on women being coaches and referees, crimes against women are taken very seriously these days. Yes they should be taken seriously, just saying there is a lot of money and interest promoting women in football. Goodell is going protect his brand at all costs. It wouldn't matter if Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers were the accused with 9 charges against.

Houston is caught in the mess and better be prepared to be kicked in the nuts. I made a mistake, if forced to cut Watson, it's a - $67,140,000 hit against the cap. Plus they lose their star QB forever. That could set a franchise back years.

feltdizz
03-19-2021, 11:05 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31086798/houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-accused-sexual-assault-third-civil-lawsuit

Watson should abandon twitter and social media and be silent. Let his attorney and agent handle it from here. 9 assault charges? OMG. I don't doubt some women are doing this for the money, but I don't think all of them are lying either. Let the facts come out.

Ben got 6 games reduced to 4 over an incident that did not have anything close to do with a massage, and assault charges. He also had zero texts to women about meeting him in some random building. Remember Ben was never charged with anything, which really ticked me off.

What's Roger Goodell going to do once the facts and evidence against Watson becomes more visible? With 40% of the fans being women, and the marketing promotions on women being coaches and referees, crimes against women are taken very seriously these days. Yes they should be taken seriously, just saying there is a lot of money and interest promoting women in football. Goodell is going protect his brand at all costs. It wouldn't matter if Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers were the accused with 9 charges against.

Houston is caught in the mess and better be prepared to be kicked in the nuts. I made a mistake, if forced to cut Watson, it's a - $67,140,000 hit against the cap. Plus they lose their star QB forever. That could set a franchise back years.

Not sure what Ben not having a massage has to do with his suspension.

IMO if the accusations are legit then he should be suspended. The problem IMO is a private massage usually involves being naked or damn near naked.

The difference between the 2 is Ben was accused of assault after having actual sex with a hotel employee the first time. I don’t believe Ben wasn’t suspended for that incident.

Ben was suspended because he was warned to stay out of trouble and then he got hit with another accusation. Rooney was furious and also pushed for it to get Ben to understand he was about to get the boot if he didn’t clean up his act.

I think Deshaun may get 2 games if the story doesn’t go away quietly. Goodell has been swift and heavy with suspensions to protect the shield after the Ray Rice mistake.

feltdizz
03-19-2021, 11:07 AM
As I said, I think that would be very stupid.

It makes it likely that his best player will get suspended.

That hurts their chances of winning games if they want keep him.

Or it destroys his trade value if they want to trade him.

People can certainly be that petty. But it would be really dumb IMO.

an org that gets rid of Hopkins for a bag of rice is a good example of stupidity.

steelguin
03-19-2021, 12:07 PM
Kraft was not guilty.

Do you really believe number 1? Really?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Not sure what Ben not having a massage has to do with his suspension.

IMO if the accusations are legit then he should be suspended. The problem IMO is a private massage usually involves being naked or damn near naked.

The difference between the 2 is Ben was accused of assault after having actual sex with a hotel employee the first time. I don’t believe Ben wasn’t suspended for that incident.

Ben was suspended because he was warned to stay out of trouble and then he got hit with another accusation. Rooney was furious and also pushed for it to get Ben to understand he was about to get the boot if he didn’t clean up his act.

I think Deshaun may get 2 games if the story doesn’t go away quietly. Goodell has been swift and heavy with suspensions to protect the shield after the Ray Rice mistake.

I think we are talking about different things.

Watson is being charged with 7 law suits from 7 different women. Four law suits have been filed to date. The prosecuting attorney said he was going to release the text messages this Friday afternoon at a press conference. Watson words if they are indeed on a text can sink him.

Ben was never charged or arrested.

I don't see only 2 games suspension. Ben got 4 games. Watson has 7 different cases to battle, and what type for lawyer would say he's got text messages to be shown this Friday afternoon and comes up with nothing?

The optics and news for Watson are getting really bad.

BURGH86STEEL
03-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Kraft was not guilty.
Kraft was guilty. The "fix was in" for Kraft to get the charges dropped. The judge threw the incriminating video out. Sounds similar to what happened with spy gate. Kraft knows how to get rid of incriminating evidence. LMAO

whatever
03-19-2021, 01:01 PM
Kraft was guilty. The "fix was in" for Kraft to get the charges dropped. The judge threw the incriminating video out. Sounds similar to what happened with spy gate. Kraft knows how to get rid of incriminating evidence. LMAO

And I’m sure Watson is guilty also.
Ben was also lucky enough that the bar tapes just happened to get taped over or lost.
Money gets you out of lots of things.

whatever
03-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Do you really believe number 1? Really?

Guilty of what?
Trafficking? Hell no.
Agreeing to pay for a handy? Yup
A business transaction that both parties voluntarily agreed to.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2021, 01:11 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2ueg50.jpg

feltdizz
03-19-2021, 01:11 PM
Guilty of what?
Trafficking? Hell no.

sounds like you have experience with this transaction.

also sounds like you really love Kraft and the Pats. You defend them like they are your favorite team.

oh wait.. lmao.

anyways, Kraft was guilty as hell which is why Brady trolled him in that movie coming out of a massage parlor.

ole washy washy nasty asses.

whatever
03-19-2021, 01:39 PM
sounds like you have experience with this transaction.

also sounds like you really love Kraft and the Pats. You defend them like they are your favorite team.

oh wait.. lmao.

anyways, Kraft was guilty as hell which is why Brady trolled him in that movie coming out of a massage parlor.

ole washy washy nasty asses.

Yet not a discouraging word from you about Watson.....wonder why?

steelguin
03-19-2021, 02:29 PM
Guilty of what?
Trafficking? Hell no.

If we both agree to meet and buy/sell Heroin is that ok? Legal? we both agreed to it.
Get it?

He committed a sex crime that usually involves trafficking on some level and paid as he's a billionaire to get out of it. Period

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2021, 06:00 PM
Lawyer says lawsuits against Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson up to 12

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31094724/lawyer-says-civil-lawsuits-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-12

SteelBucks
03-19-2021, 06:10 PM
Lawyer says lawsuits against Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson up to 12

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31094724/lawyer-says-civil-lawsuits-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-12

And talking to 10 others. ��

feltdizz
03-19-2021, 07:44 PM
And talking to 10 others. ��

so Deshaun was out here assaulting 20 women and the Texans didn’t do their DD before his huge contract?

Buzz
03-19-2021, 07:50 PM
I think I'm going to have to take back what I said months ago about Watson being a "class act."

BURGH86STEEL
03-19-2021, 10:06 PM
And I’m sure Watson is guilty also.
Ben was also lucky enough that the bar tapes just happened to get taped over or lost.
Money gets you out of lots of things.

I don't know if Watson is guilty. Accusations are just accusations until proven otherwise. I wasn't the accused but I was involved in a sexual assault "money grab" case.

We don't know the first thing about any of the women involved or Watson. Let's see how things play out before passing judgment.

whatever
03-19-2021, 10:19 PM
I don't know if Watson is guilty. Accusations are just accusations until proven otherwise. I wasn't the accused but I was involved in a sexual assault "money grab" case.

We don't know the first thing about any of the women involved or Watson. Let's see how things play out before passing judgment.

That’s the point I’m making. Kraft was roasted by some posters here but won’t say boo about Watson.
They played the holier than tho role before but now crickets. Just curious why but those won’t answer.

whatever
03-19-2021, 10:24 PM
If we both agree to meet and buy/sell Heroin is that ok? Legal? we both agreed to it.
Get it?

He committed a sex crime that usually involves trafficking on some level and paid as he's a billionaire to get out of it. Period

I get it.
I guess if you think buying and selling heroin is the same as a mutual handy and how the two transactions effect our society equally, so be it.
I never questioned the ‘legality’ of it.
I’m questioning the fans that went crazy over one but aren’t saying anything or defending the other.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2021, 10:27 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2ui23l.jpg

BURGH86STEEL
03-20-2021, 04:50 AM
That’s the point I’m making. Kraft was roasted by some posters here but won’t say boo about Watson.
They played the holier than tho role before but now crickets. Just curious why but those won’t answer.

You are not making a valid argument. The circumstances were/are different. That's the point.

If Watson is guilty I am sure he will receive negative reactions by fans.

I don't know all the details. I don't think Watson is facing a criminal case at this point. Sounds like women want money.

When are athletes going to stop placing themselves in compromising positions?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-20-2021, 07:34 AM

One or two women, I don't know. I'll take the players word. Seven, well that sounds like a predator.

Questions.

Is it normal for a person to hire 7 different people and fly them in from out of town? Aren't team PT's giving massages for free? Why hire so many different women? One reason might be the women hired don't want to work with him ever again.

Usually a player finds a person he likes for sports massages and uses the same person over and over again. That's not the case here. I can't prove anything, but the circumstances and amount of women involved stink like Cleveland at low tide.

AB had issues with his hired trainer. Years back, and this is only speculation, Jason Glidon appears something going on with a female Steeler trainer, but is was only smiles.

Texans star Deshaun Watson now facing seven sexual misconduct lawsuits, under investigation by NFL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-winners-and-losers-juju-smith-schuster-stays-put-justin-simmons-inks-long-term-deal/

BURGH86STEEL
03-20-2021, 09:54 AM
One or two women, I don't know. I'll take the players word. Seven, well that sounds like a predator.

Questions.

Is it normal for a person to hire 7 different people and fly them in from out of town? Aren't team PT's giving massages for free? Why hire so many different women? One reason might be the women hired don't want to work with him ever again.

Usually a player finds a person he likes for sports massages and uses the same person over and over again. That's not the case here. I can't prove anything, but the circumstances and amount of women involved stink like Cleveland at low tide.

AB had issues with his hired trainer. Years back, and this is only speculation, Jason Glidon appears something going on with a female Steeler trainer, but is was only smiles.

Texans star Deshaun Watson now facing seven sexual misconduct lawsuits, under investigation by NFL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-winners-and-losers-juju-smith-schuster-stays-put-justin-simmons-inks-long-term-deal/

All men are "predators" to some degree. Some women are also " predators". Kind of the nature of "the game" men and women play.

Is it normal for women to take flights just to give a masssage? Maybe those women sold sex to other NFL players? We don't know all the facts.

I don't know what is normal or isn't normal in today's society anymore. We don't know the things that go on behind the scenes.

The truth may come out and it might not be pretty for Watson or the women involved. You would understand what I mean if you ever been involved in a sexual harassment case.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-20-2021, 11:57 AM
Like I said, do you think all seven of the women are predators? This is their living

NFL teams have excellent trainers for massages. Why not use one of them?

By flying in women out of state for immoral purposes which the text might show, Watson could have violated the Mann Act. A very old law that has nailed sports athletes, actors, and politicians which says " It is felony to engage in interstate or foreign commerce transport of "any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose". Its primary stated intent was to address prostitution, immorality, and human trafficking, particularly where trafficking was for the purposes of prostitution. It was one of several acts of protective legislation aimed at moral reform during the Progressive Era. In practice, its ambiguous language about "immorality" resulted in it being used to criminalize even consensual sexual behavior between adults.[1] It was amended by Congress in 1978 and again in 1986 to limit its application to transport for the purpose of prostitution or other illegal sexual acts "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act

No-- I have not had 7 women from out of my area come in for massages. I get mine for free because I'm married if needed, well most of the time :)

But there are also the assault charges, the court of Public opinion, and Roger Goodell. Watson is some real trouble. To make matters worse Watson seemly divorced himself from the Houston Texans prior to this news, and the current owner of the Houston Texans is an old white woman from the South who went to a private women's school. She might be extra sensitive on this topic. Just saying...

Steel Maniac
03-20-2021, 12:02 PM
All men are "predators" to some degree. Some women are also " predators". Kind of the nature of "the game" men and women play.

Is it normal for women to take flights just to give a masssage? Maybe those women sold sex to other NFL players? We don't know all the facts.

I don't know what is normal or isn't normal in today's society anymore. We don't know the things that go on behind the scenes.

The truth may come out and it might not be pretty for Watson or the women involved. You would understand what I mean if you ever been involved in a sexual harassment case.

The number of woman are astounding. And like you said , something is going on with woman flying in from across the country to give messages?? Sounds like an undercover, high class prostitution system.

A lot to unravel here but the timing of this is too coincidental. We’ll stay tuned.

hawaiiansteel
03-20-2021, 12:25 PM
The number of woman are astounding. And like you said , something is going on with woman flying in from across the country to give messages?? Sounds like an undercover, high class prostitution system.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/409x298/kraft_16b87264966aebfdf8303d32a76dfba5eac236b3.jpg

BURGH86STEEL
03-20-2021, 06:58 PM
Like I said, do you think all seven of the women are predators? This is their living

NFL teams have excellent trainers for massages. Why not use one of them?

By flying in women out of state for immoral purposes which the text might show, Watson could have violated the Mann Act. A very old law that has nailed sports athletes, actors, and politicians which says " It is felony to engage in interstate or foreign commerce transport of "any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose". Its primary stated intent was to address prostitution, immorality, and human trafficking, particularly where trafficking was for the purposes of prostitution. It was one of several acts of protective legislation aimed at moral reform during the Progressive Era. In practice, its ambiguous language about "immorality" resulted in it being used to criminalize even consensual sexual behavior between adults.[1] It was amended by Congress in 1978 and again in 1986 to limit its application to transport for the purpose of prostitution or other illegal sexual acts "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act

No-- I have not had 7 women from out of my area come in for massages. I get mine for free because I'm married if needed, well most of the time :)

But there are also the assault charges, the court of Public opinion, and Roger Goodell. Watson is some real trouble. To make matters worse Watson seemly divorced himself from the Houston Texans prior to this news, and the current owner of the Houston Texans is an old white woman from the South who went to a private women's school. She might be extra sensitive on this topic. Just saying...
I am not going to pass judgment on the man until all the facts come out. It doesn't appear to be a criminal case at this point so..........

Public always has an opinion regardless.

Old white people in the south condoned the lyching of black people so......... Not saying she did but I am sure you get the point.

NJ-STEELER
03-20-2021, 11:07 PM

Is it normal for a person to hire 7 different people and fly them in from out of town?

you would be surprised at how often it occurs. know someone in vegas who was a concierge for casinos who made arrangements for nba players for private party rooms.
they would fly in strippers from all over the country

Buzz
03-20-2021, 11:49 PM
According to this report, at least 10 women with accusations vs. Watson have come forward and have legal representation ... and those lawyers are talking to an additional 10 women.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31103625/lawyer-representing-women-plans-submit-evidence-affidavits-deshaun-watson-cases-monday

Steel Maniac
03-21-2021, 01:30 AM
you would be surprised at how often it occurs. know someone in vegas who was a concierge for casinos who made arrangements for nba players for private party rooms.
they would fly in strippers from all over the country

Your exactly right.

hawaiiansteel
03-21-2021, 01:41 AM
According to this report, at least 10 women with accusations vs. Watson have come forward and have legal representation ... and those lawyers are talking to an additional 10 women.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31103625/lawyer-representing-women-plans-submit-evidence-affidavits-deshaun-watson-cases-monday

remember, poor Deshaun is being framed by his mean owner who obviously is finding all these women to testify against Watson. :roll:

Seriously thou..

It's too much of a coincidence that he wants to leave and all of a sudden these chicks pop up. This looks like an angry owner getting back at Watson. Good luck to him because I think this is a frame job.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-21-2021, 06:37 AM

Only 10? He's fine until he hits the Bill Cosby level.

feltdizz
03-21-2021, 07:46 AM

report?

that link sounds like its just one lawyer representing all these women.

and IMO that seems a bit suspect. Like he put an ad out in the paper like Better Call Saul.

feltdizz
03-21-2021, 09:40 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/sports/football/deshaun-watson-tony-buzbee-sexual-assault.amp.html

Here is another article on the case.

of the 7 suits he filed only one uses the word “sexual” and while he claimed he has talked with the police the department said they haven’t heard anything about this from him yet.

but the real issue for me is this lawyer has a history of soliciting clients thru instagram. So if you ask women to come forward on “the gram” you will indeed get some action but how much is legit? We shall see.

I will say, a franchise QB like Watson is an idiot for putting himself in this situation. Alone with a woman who probably isn’t a legit masseuse that you found on Instagram? During covid?

hawaiiansteel
03-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Deshaun Watson facing 12th lawsuit

Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2021

In a press conference last week, lawyer Tony Buzbee said he represents 12 women who would be filing lawsuits against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson for sexual misconduct.

All 12 of those lawsuits have now been filed. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle brought word of the latest suit, which was the fifth to be filed against Watson on Monday.

One of the lawsuits filed earlier in the day alleges that Watson engaged in misconduct earlier this month. Buzbee said last Friday that he has spoken to 10 other women who have recounted similar episodes involving Watson.

Watson’s lawyer Rusty Hardin called the allegations “meritless” last week and said that the quarterback would have a response this week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/deshaun-watson-facing-12th-lawsuit/

Buzz
03-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Up to 13 lawsuits now

wow

Mr.wizard
03-23-2021, 04:59 AM
Usually I am on the side of the victims in these cases, but there is something about this whole thing that just doesnt feel right.

NorthCoast
03-23-2021, 08:42 AM
Usually I am on the side of the victims in these cases, but there is something about this whole thing that just doesnt feel right.What doesn't feel right are two things; a) the timing, if these things were happening it's been going on a long time. So why the cases now? (obvious better chance for settlement??), b) no police involvement from the accusers. You would expect at least one or two to file a complaint. idk, this case really doesn't interest me that much.

feltdizz
03-23-2021, 09:19 AM
What doesn't feel right are two things; a) the timing, if these things were happening it's been going on a long time. So why the cases now? (obvious better chance for settlement??), b) no police involvement from the accusers. You would expect at least one or two to file a complaint. idk, this case really doesn't interest me that much.

“Have you given Deshaun Watson a massage in the last year? Call 1-800-HOUSTON for a settlement!!”

NorthCoast
03-23-2021, 06:36 PM
“Have you given Deshaun Watson a massage in the last year? Call 1-800-HOUSTON for a settlement!!”

I would LOL but there is some sad truth there.

No offense to phillyesque but when a country graduates more lawyers than engineers it is probably not a good thing.

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2021, 06:53 PM
What doesn't feel right are two things; a) the timing, if these things were happening it's been going on a long time. So why the cases now? (obvious better chance for settlement??), b) no police involvement from the accusers. You would expect at least one or two to file a complaint. idk, this case really doesn't interest me that much.

If he committed a crime, why are these women not taking him to criminal court; only civil?

hawaiiansteel
03-23-2021, 06:57 PM
If he committed a crime, why are these women not taking him to criminal court; only civil?

civil court is where you can get awarded $$$.

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2021, 07:27 PM
civil court is where you can get awarded $$$.

If he committed a crime , normally you go criminal , then civil.

It seems that these women are going straight for the money and avoiding criminal court so their lives are not opened up to the public.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-24-2021, 02:37 PM
If he committed a crime , normally you go criminal , then civil.

It seems that these women are going straight for the money and avoiding criminal court so their lives are not opened up to the public.

Watson's legal team is doing a very poor job showing the low morals of these women, which makes me believe they were normal hard working types. They have to be trying to paint these women as predators. On a side note Watson himself would be wise to spend some time in public with his very attractive girlfriend assuming she's not being bothered with the news.

https://www.instagram.com/jillyanais/?hl=en

hawaiiansteel
03-25-2021, 12:00 AM
🎙Ross Bolen
@WRBolen

Mar 23

Deshaun Watson is either a legit sexual predator or this is one of the most ruthless character assassinations in sports history and either way holy hell.

https://twitter.com/WRBolen/status/1374406224343560200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1374406224343560200%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Joel Buchsbaum
03-25-2021, 07:47 AM
Now at 16 women and counting. Okay, not all 16 cases are likely true, but some of them are. I saw a sample of his texts. Tony Buzbee might as well give Watson his personal 1-800 Upaynow line and write one massive check to settle the whole thing, then prepare to take it on chin once Roger Goodell reviews the case and prepare to be out of football for a year. Watson looks like a serial predator and an idiot. You go on vacation outside the USA for this stuff.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 08:18 AM
Watson's legal team is doing a very poor job showing the low morals of these women, which makes me believe they were normal hard working types. They have to be trying to paint these women as predators. On a side note Watson himself would be wise to spend some time in public with his very attractive girlfriend assuming she's not being bothered with the news.

https://www.instagram.com/jillyanais/?hl=en

pretty sure Buzbee hasn’t shared any info with Deshauns lawyer.

and Buzbee has done a great job playing this all out in public and on social media.

We have not seen it one photo or image of these women yet since he says its 16 women, everyone believes it. Once they have a chance to discredit these women people will start doubting dome of the claims.

Its how things work now.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-25-2021, 08:20 AM
Mike Florio a former lawyer nails it by dissecting Watson' lawyers use of language. In court and under oath, the Watson defense team is fighting a 16 to 1 war, with the other side in many cases equipped with a place, a date, text messages in some cases Watson saying he's sorry. It could get down to a description of Watson's um, Mr. Johnson. He can't try court, no way. Its a possibility that some of these places have video as well.

The only move for D. Watson here is to write a very big check, but that's problematic as the number acquisitions seems to be moving up again from 16...to 24. Who gets what and how much? Like I said before 1-800-UPAYNOW. Where's Javier Lopez when you need him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/the-flaws-in-the-statements-issued-on-behalf-of-deshaun-watson/

Joel Buchsbaum
03-25-2021, 08:33 AM
pretty sure Buzbee hasn’t shared any info with Deshauns lawyer.

and Buzbee has done a great job playing this all out in public and on social media.

We have not seen it one photo or image of these women yet since he says its 16 women, everyone believes it. Once they have a chance to discredit these women people will start doubting dome of the claims.

Its how things work now.

Discredit? How? His legal team has shown nothing to DQ the character of these women. Buzbee has shown some of Watson's texts. I don't care if the number 16 becomes 6 proven he's still in a world of trouble.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 08:45 AM
Discredit? How? His legal team has shown nothing to DQ the character of these women. Buzbee has shown some of Watson's texts. I don't care if the number 16 becomes 6 proven he's still in a world of trouble.

What do you mean how? Deshaun may have more text from the women who accused him. I heard one of the women said it was consensual but still wanted 30K.

Buzbee has won the first round of public opinion but that isn’t where you win court cases.

I’m not saying DeShaun is innocent but its too early to say if he is guilty. I will say DeShaun is guilty of being an idiot for using Instagram. That’s like the worst place in the world to find women, especially during a pandemic. People hurting for money and you are worth millions? Shieeeet.

but back to discrediting an accuser. They will dig into her past, find out if she has any other civil cases or sexual assault accusations.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 08:54 AM
Now at 16 women and counting. Okay, not all 16 cases are likely true, but some of them are. I saw a sample of his texts. Tony Buzbee might as well give Watson his personal 1-800 Upaynow line and write one massive check to settle the whole thing, then prepare to take it on chin once Roger Goodell reviews the case and prepare to be out of football for a year. Watson looks like a serial predator and an idiot. You go on vacation outside the USA for this stuff.

man.. he doesn’t even have to go outside the country. He should’ve spent some real money on a real service that promises discretion and secrecy.

$50 bucks for a massage? Cmon Deshaun. Who is staying quiet for $50 bucks? Especially if they came to his house or penthouse suite.

That, of course, is IF he did what they claim.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 08:59 AM
Mike Florio a former lawyer nails it by dissecting Watson' lawyers use of language. In court and under oath, the Watson defense team is fighting a 16 to 1 war, with the other side in many cases equipped with a place, a date, text messages in some cases Watson saying he's sorry. It could get down to a description of Watson's um, Mr. Johnson. He can't try court, no way. Its a possibility that some of these places have video as well.

The only move for D. Watson here is to write a very big check, but that's problematic as the number acquisitions seems to be moving up again from 16...to 24. Who gets what and how much? Like I said before 1-800-UPAYNOW. Where's Javier Lopez when you need him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/the-flaws-in-the-statements-issued-on-behalf-of-deshaun-watson/

Florio’s thinking is flawed.

If I’m DeShaun’s lawyer I’m not naming anyone. That would confirm the massage took place and there is no way I would fall into that trap. Even if they have tome and dates and know the names, keep it silent until its time to go to court.

But once Buzbee names them or the names “leak” to TMZ.. that is when Hardin will go after them.

Northern_Blitz
03-25-2021, 09:21 AM
Florio’s thinking is flawed.

If I’m DeShaun’s lawyer I’m not naming anyone. That would confirm the massage took place and there is no way I would fall into that trap. Even if they have tome and dates and know the names, keep it silent until its time to go to court.

But once Buzbee names them or the names “leak” to TMZ.. that is when Hardin will go after them.

I'm a big believer in due process, but I don't think this looks good for Watson.

I think it's pretty clear that this isn't a case of an athlete going through 22 different women to just try to get the absolute perfect massage.

Seems pretty clear that this was about sex. Which would be fine if it was consensual. And maybe it was.

Watson will say that's what it was. That the women knew what it was about. And there's some truth to that IMO.

But if they said no at some point, it should end. And maybe that never happened, we'll never know.

I do think that Watson is getting the benefit of the doubt from major media networks. And I think there's certainly some politics involved in that. This should be a big story in sports media. Big enough that it should turn into a big story in non-sports media.

I know it's a Canadian context, but a guy named Jain Ghomeshi was accused of having non-consensual sex with far fewer women than this (4). He was a small time musician turned radio host. In other words, his profile was way lower than Watson's. But that was a pretty big national story.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-25-2021, 09:23 AM
man.. he doesn’t even have to go outside the country. He should’ve spent some real money on a real service that promises discretion and secrecy.

$50 bucks for a massage? Cmon Deshaun. Who is staying quiet for $50 bucks? Especially if they came to his house or penthouse suite.

That, of course, is IF he did what they claim.

Like I said he's an idiot. How many guys do you know that need 16 massages, when he can get them for FREE with his NFL team of personal trainers? Buzbee has him on the texts alone and can confirm Watson flew in women from out of his area that received the call. If he was really dumb, he didn't use cash. Regarding Florio, he's a very sharp guy, and X lawyer. IMO he know courts and the law better than football in many cases. What he said to me is spot on.

As I said before maybe Watson's legal defense team can DQ some of these women, but they won't be able to DQ them all, and if some were call girls do they really want to bring that up?

There are legitimate places of business for massages. In some cases Watson is spending $100.00's of dollars on a flight, who knows how much on the place ( Which has camera's ) and for the massage itself. I think we all know what the call was about. He did not spend just $50.00 We all know better. I'm saying he's guilty in the eyes of Roger Goodell, and is probably guilty of at least one " assault ". One or two cases, okay. When you get to 16, the odds are some are telling the truth.

No way his legal team will let Watson take the stand in court. Watson could also face solicitation charges. Solicitation of a prostitute is a second-degree misdemeanor for a first violation, which could mean up to 60 days in jail, a fine of up to $500 or both. A second offense is considered a first-degree misdemeanor, which could include up to one year in jail, a fine of up to $1,000 or both. When you have multiple cases... against you its deep doo-doo.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 10:29 AM
I'm a big believer in due process, but I don't think this looks good for Watson.

I think it's pretty clear that this isn't a case of an athlete going through 22 different women to just try to get the absolute perfect massage.

Seems pretty clear that this was about sex. Which would be fine if it was consensual. And maybe it was.

Watson will say that's what it was. That the women knew what it was about. And there's some truth to that IMO.

But if they said no at some point, it should end. And maybe that never happened, we'll never know.

I do think that Watson is getting the benefit of the doubt from major media networks. And I think there's certainly some politics involved in that. This should be a big story in sports media. Big enough that it should turn into a big story in non-sports media.

I know it's a Canadian context, but a guy named Jain Ghomeshi was accused of having non-consensual sex with far fewer women than this (4). He was a small time musician turned radio host. In other words, his profile was way lower than Watson's. But that was a pretty big national story.

true, all it takes is 1 accusation of sexual assault. This many looks extra bad for Watson.

However, it still smells funny due to it coming out while he is threatening a hold out.

AB was nuts but we never heard a word about his sexual assault civil case until he started having contract disputes and left the Raiders.

Maybe its a coincidence but it sure feels like NFL front offices either suppress these incidents or its just 2 athletes who acted terribly and have to pay the price for bad behavior towards women.

but for me, if I was an athlete today I wouldn’t demand anything or threaten to hold out if I had a bone or 16 bones in my closet.

Also makes me wonder if the Texans are like “if we can’t have you, no one else will and we are taking back all that money because we have a clause in the contract”

it smells bad

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 10:43 AM
will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this..

Did Kraft get in any actual punishment by the league?

Buzz
03-25-2021, 10:47 AM

There's no doubt the biased media is dragging their feet on this story. Compare their response to these accusations with the treatment they gave Ben after the first of his two accusers told her story. The bias is even more markedly obvious since we are now so far into the "me-too" era.

Northern_Blitz
03-25-2021, 11:11 AM
true, all it takes is 1 accusation of sexual assault. This many looks extra bad for Watson.

However, it still smells funny due to it coming out while he is threatening a hold out.

AB was nuts but we never heard a word about his sexual assault civil case until he started having contract disputes and left the Raiders.

Maybe its a coincidence but it sure feels like NFL front offices either suppress these incidents or its just 2 athletes who acted terribly and have to pay the price for bad behavior towards women.

but for me, if I was an athlete today I wouldn’t demand anything or threaten to hold out if I had a bone or 16 bones in my closet.

Also makes me wonder if the Texans are like “if we can’t have you, no one else will and we are taking back all that money because we have a clause in the contract”

it smells bad

I would not be surprised to hear that NFL teams try to smooth things over for players with problems off the field.

It's a huge business. And so few humans can do what Watson (or AB) can do on the field.

NorthCoast
03-25-2021, 01:22 PM
There's no doubt the biased media is dragging their feet on this story. Compare their response to these accusations with the treatment they gave Ben after the first of his two accusers told her story. The bias is even more markedly obvious since we are now so far into the "me-too" era.I am curious, what is the basis of the bias?

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 02:26 PM
There's no doubt the biased media is dragging their feet on this story. Compare their response to these accusations with the treatment they gave Ben after the first of his two accusers told her story. The bias is even more markedly obvious since we are now so far into the "me-too" era.

This is pure bullsh!t buzz..

fans always think their guy always had the worst of it and the next guy is getting off easy.

Talk to a DeShaun fan or a Texans fan and best believe they will say he is getting treated unfairly and the women are all skanks who knew the deal and are just out for money.

smh.. last thing anyone should try and do is look for pity because their guy was treated “worse” for sexual assault accusations.

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 02:37 PM
I am curious, what is the basis of the bias?

its because DeShaun is...

a former Clemson Tiger.

They get all the breaks!!!

Now those Miami of Ohio guys? Whole world is out to get them. Those guys are at the bottom of the totem poll. Whole life was a struggle if you went to Miami of Ohio. Its a cold place.

seriously tho, this is simply another boneheaded example of fans not understanding how their fandom clouds their view.

Ask a Texan fan or Deshaun fan if he is being treated with kid gloves.

What’s funny is fans of other teams STILL think Ben got off easy. So that lets you know his media bias rant is bogus.

hawaiiansteel
03-25-2021, 02:46 PM
its because DeShaun is...

black.

black players always get treated so much more fairly than white ones. :D

j/k btw ;)

feltdizz
03-25-2021, 04:01 PM
black.

black players always get treated so much more fairly than white ones. :D

j/k btw ;)

smh.. right?

I see this type of oppression olympics online all the time these days.

white men are being “attacked” and have it so much worse than Black men.

smh.. just horrible and another attempt to paint themselves as the victims when committing or being accused of a crime. A lot of times its just white men being treated like someone who is accused of a crime and its just too much for them to handle.

most of these dudes would fold like a cheap tent if they experienced real bias and discrimination.

Northern_Blitz
03-25-2021, 04:43 PM

As I said above, this doesn't seem like it's getting the amount of press I would have though it would. Although I'm trying to follow a low information diet to preserve my sanity, so maybe it is getting a bunch of press and I just don't see it?

Maybe it's something about it being hard to hold the following opinions in our heads at the same time for the same person:
- Champion for equality of opportunity in upper management positions in the NFL; and
- Reasonable probability of being a chronic sexual predator.

So, cognitive dissonance kicks in and looks past the half of the information that is easiest to ignore (not the same half for everyone).

Journalists can reasonably justify (to themselves and others) not writing a story like this for ethical reasons because there is no proof. And I think that standard should probably be applied all the time.

It's the same with Steelers fans and Ben (or Raven's fans with Lewis). I think it's much easier for us to look at the parts of the story that we like and disregard the parts we don't.

NJ-STEELER
03-25-2021, 05:11 PM
I

prostitution is sort of consensual too, right?

spending large amounts of money to fly in women from all over the country for the amount a massage costs?? that doesn't add up

once the league or perhaps law enforcement start investigating he might be in more trouble just having to pay off some accusers

Joel Buchsbaum
03-25-2021, 05:54 PM
will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this..

Did Kraft get in any actual punishment by the league?

Well -- Roger works for the owners and has or had pictures or Kraft in his home so....

Northern_Blitz
03-25-2021, 05:54 PM
prostitution is sort of consensual too, right?

spending large amounts of money to fly in women from all over the country for the amount a massage costs?? that doesn't add up

once the league or perhaps law enforcement start investigating he might be in more trouble just having to pay off some accusers

I think it's hard to have a bright line on that.

Given the difference in my net worth and Watson's, flying someone across the country might cost him less than me taking someone out for dinner and drinks.

Buzz
03-25-2021, 09:46 PM

Ratings and money?

Because Watson has this image of having a great personality, and the league & media have a vested interest in things staying that way (wasn't it him & Mcaffrey featured on the NFL spots last year)?

Sort of like it was with Peyton Manning. He was chosen as the face of the league and several big corporate sponsors. They were pretty effective at squelching the story of his alleged sexual harassment.

Buzz
03-25-2021, 09:53 PM
This is pure bullsh!t buzz..

fans always think their guy always had the worst of it and the next guy is getting off easy.

Talk to a DeShaun fan or a Texans fan and best believe they will say he is getting treated unfairly and the women are all skanks who knew the deal and are just out for money.

smh.. last thing anyone should try and do is look for pity because their guy was treated “worse” for sexual assault accusations.

Not looking for "pity" for anyone, just noting how it seems Watson has thus far gotten a break from the media. I don't think it's that implausible to think that they would play favorites ... bottom line, what they do is going to be less about what's right and fair, and more about ratings and money.

Mr.wizard
03-26-2021, 03:38 AM
Just finished reading the allegations and all i can say is "yikes!", it doesnt look good for Watson, he is lucky no criminal charges have been filed.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-26-2021, 06:48 AM
https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

Well, Robert Kraft might want him.

We move on from 2 to 24 women in just a few days. Take note, all law suites have a time, date and place attached to it. Watson should know who they are based on that alone. I recommend this link, as Florio as a lawyer breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGl_kGPGJY

feltdizz
03-26-2021, 08:00 AM
We move on from 2 to 24 women in just a few days. Take note, all law suites have a time, date and place attached to it. Watson should know who they are based on that alone. I recommend this link, as Florio as a lawyer breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGl_kGPGJY

that link isn’t saying anything new. it says 2 civil lawsuits after a request for a 6 figure payment.

I didnt read anything about 24 women.

whatever
03-26-2021, 08:54 AM
Not looking for "pity" for anyone, just noting how it seems Watson has thus far gotten a break from the media. I don't think it's that implausible to think that they would play favorites ... bottom line, what they do is going to be less about what's right and fair, and more about ratings and money.

Spot on.
People only want fairness and equality when it benefits them.

Eich
03-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Ben was definitely dragged through the mud in the media with his 2 accusations. But he had already built a less than friendly image of himself and it was no shocker when the accusations came. He was far from a media darling before his accusations. It's amazing the success he had with all the drama surrounding him in his younger years. And kudos to him for how he turned his life around.

With Watson, I think no one saw it coming. So, the media is sort've in shock like the rest of us.

It's got to be incredibly difficult to be a young, super-rich athlete. Especially if you didn't have a very strong support system growing up. And especially now in the age of social media. Once stardom hits, everyone idolizes you. The feeling of entitlement must become overwhelming. I'm sure there are women throwing themselves at you on a regular basis. It's probably easy to forget how to be a decent guy.

feltdizz
03-26-2021, 09:49 AM

what is the break? what do you think is different about this coverage? The amount of reporting time? Guilt vs innocence?

NorthCoast
03-26-2021, 09:59 AM
Ben was definitely dragged through the mud in the media with his 2 accusations. But he had already built a less than friendly image of himself and it was no shocker when the accusations came. He was far from a media darling before his accusations. It's amazing the success he had with all the drama surrounding him in his younger years. And kudos to him for how he turned his life around.

With Watson, I think no one saw it coming. So, the media is sort've in shock like the rest of us.

It's got to be incredibly difficult to be a young, super-rich athlete. Especially if you didn't have a very strong support system growing up. And especially now in the age of social media. Once stardom hits, everyone idolizes you. The feeling of entitlement must become overwhelming. I'm sure there are women throwing themselves at you on a regular basis. It's probably easy to forget how to be a decent guy.A wise man once said "having more money only makes you more of what you already are"

feltdizz
03-26-2021, 10:28 AM
A wise man once said "having more money only makes you more of what you already are"

Definitely, and I believe Ben really received the bulk of negative press ok his second accusation for obvious reasons.

The first was shock and wtf from the media just like DeShaun.

I think what seem need to realize is its March Madness. ESPN is spending Billions on the tournament. Once April rolls around and they have dead air they will fill it with more Deshaun coverage. Not sure about NFL Network since I don’t have the channel but all the sports sites are reporting on Deshaun’s case. The coverage is there, we just aren’t emotionally invested in him.

Buzz
03-26-2021, 10:47 AM
The first was shock and wtf from the media just like DeShaun.

That's not how I recall it. Ben's first accusation got a lot more headlines, and coverage, than Watson's (although Watson's are starting to pick up now; I would think so with the number of accusations!). We were traveling at the time the first Ben story came out, and it was on the national news broadcasts, not just confined to the sports programs.

Again, not shedding tears for Ben, just noting there was a difference.

feltdizz
03-26-2021, 12:38 PM
That's not how I recall it. Ben's first accusation got a lot more headlines, and coverage, than Watson's (although Watson's are starting to pick up now; I would think so with the number of accusations!). We were traveling at the time the first Ben story came out, and it was on the national news broadcasts, not just confined to the sports programs.

Again, not shedding tears for Ben, just noting there was a difference.

Deshaun was also reported on by national news. Again, I believe its simply because we care about Steeler news that it appears Ben was treated unfairly or had worse coverage.

NorthCoast
03-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Not a hot topic on everyone's mind according to google search (#21); (people more interested in their 3rd stimulus check)...

and what's up with South Dakota's interest?!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51073949886_bb276d8411_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kPekUS)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2kPekUS) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51074064697_c6e387b53c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kPeW3n)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2kPeW3n) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

feltdizz
03-26-2021, 01:33 PM
Not a hot topic on everyone's mind according to google search (#21); (people more interested in their 3rd stimulus check)...

and what's up with South Dakota's interest?!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51073949886_bb276d8411_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kPekUS)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2kPekUS) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51074064697_c6e387b53c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kPeW3n)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2kPeW3n) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

This is also a good point and I even wrote a post on it and the. deleted it.

Timing plays a big part.

We have:
Covid news
Stimulus checks
vaccine news
Politics
March Madness

if this Deshaun story broke in April during a normal year (pre-covid) it would definitely feel larger than it does right now.

and Joel keeps linking Florio clips because this is the type of story Florio lives for because he can use his legal chops to give more info. But as we all know when it was Ben it was because Florio HATES THE STEELERS!!! lmao.

I just think with all that is going on at the moment its not going to feel like the media is all over it. But I guess Buzz is right that its about revenue. Do you really see ESPN cutting away from their Billion dollar March Madness games to update us on the latest Buzbee instagram update?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Every fanbase has accused Florio of giving it to them. He reports on it national level, and Ben has not been his news cycle outside of his new contract for a decade. Yes--Florio has a unique perspective that makes sense legally speaking. I never saw Florio target the Steelers beyond the story, and that includes AB and Bell.

I don't know how the NFL will react to Watson, but the standard must be the same for all.

feltdizz
03-27-2021, 10:59 AM
Every fanbase has accused Florio of giving it to them. He reports on it national level, and Ben has to been his news cycle outside of his new contract for a decade. Yes--Florio has a unique perspective that makes sense legally speaking. I never saw Florio target the Steelers beyond the story, and that includes AB and Bell.

I don't know how the NFL will react to Watson, but the standard must be the same for all.

True indeed, every fan is a victim and Florio, women, men, etc are all out to get them when their player makes the news.

Texans fans and Deshaun fans think its a hit job by his owners to keep him in check and will use it to void his contract.

Northern_Blitz
03-27-2021, 12:20 PM
True indeed, every fan is a victim and Florio, women, men, etc are all out to get them when their player makes the news.

Texans fans and Deshaun fans think its a hit job by his owners to keep him in check and will use it to void his contract.

I think they'd be very foolish to void his contract. Unless he's convicted and goes to prison. And that can't happen from a civil suit as far as I know.

feltdizz
03-27-2021, 02:37 PM
I think they'd be very foolish to void his contract. Unless he's convicted and goes to prison. And that can't happen from a civil suit as far as I know.

Texans are a stupid organization. If Deshaun doesn’t want to be there it would make sense to move him. I’m sure they will try to recoup as much money as possible from his bonus with this scandal.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-27-2021, 04:24 PM

A foolish player playing for a foolish team. Depending on what information comes out, Watson could have broke some laws such as solicitation a prostitute. Suddenly things shift from a Civil case to a criminal case. Thankfully for him he did not appear to hit anyone.

With a ton in the news cycle, Waston is sort of skating under the radar here, but if the was during season, I do not think he would be able to function well enough and would be on the commissioner's exempt list.

Northern_Blitz
03-27-2021, 06:39 PM
Texans are a stupid organization. If Deshaun doesn’t want to be there it would make sense to move him. I’m sure they will try to recoup as much money as possible from his bonus with this scandal.

They may because they seem to be run terribly.

But it would be stupid because it's horrible asset management.

In the world we live in, this blows over basically every time for athletes (since Tyson, which was a criminal investigation IIRC).

Watson will pay the hush money (like Ben did) and it will go away.

Even if they don't keep him, it's worth waiting a year for things to shake out.

I'm sure that he can already be suspended without pay (is it still 4 max from the team?) and wouldn't be surprised if they could go after SB money for conduct unbecoming if they want (without terminating his contract).

I guess someone like Louis CK is the counter point. But that's a pretty rare occurrence IMO. And he is coming back. Although elite comics probably have longer careers than elite athletes, so they could wait longer.

feltdizz
03-28-2021, 09:41 AM

In the world we live in, this blows over basically every time for athletes (since Tyson, which was a criminal investigation IIRC).

I'm sure that he can already be suspended without pay (is it still 4 max from the team?) and wouldn't be surprised if they could go after SB money for conduct unbecoming if they want (without terminating his contract).

I guess someone like Louis CK is the counter point. But that's a pretty rare occurrence IMO. And he is coming back. Although elite comics probably have longer careers than elite athletes, so they could wait longer.

Louis CK came back and didn’t change at all. So he went away again.

I agree its bad asset management but this is a team that moved Hopkins for a bag of stale chips. I put nothing past them.

I think this will linger well into the season if Deshaun maintains his innocence. Will be interesting to see how Goodell handles this since its his first issue off field.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-28-2021, 12:31 PM

I think he should pay the hush money now. But here's the thing. Paying hush money to 1 woman, okay. What if 20 of them are in line? I just don't know if Watson has the psyche to recover from this, or what Roger will do to him. I sort of feel sorry from him as long as he's not reported as hitting, or kicking anyone.

There is certainly something wrong with him off the field.

feltdizz
03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
I think he should pay the hush money now. But here's the thing. Paying hush money to 1 woman, okay. What if 20 of them are in line? I just don't know if Watson has the psyche to recover from this, or what Roger will do to him. I sort of feel sorry from him as long as he's not reported as hitting, or kicking anyone.

There is certainly something wrong with him off the field.

Damn, so its okay to sexually assault women as long as you don’t hit or kick them?

Did I read that right?

Joel Buchsbaum
03-28-2021, 03:51 PM
Damn, so its okay to sexually assault women as long as you don’t hit or kick them?

Did I read that right?

No you did not. I'm simply saying he didn't hurt anyone physically ( did he ? ), and I almost feel sorry for the mess he is in. If facts change foe the worse I hope he gets what he deserves. No where did I say what he did was okay,

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Lawsuit accuses Deshaun Watson of deleting Instagram messages, contacting women in attempt to settle cases

Sarah Barshop
ESPN Staff Writer

HOUSTON -- Three new lawsuits accusing Deshaun Watson of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct were filed Sunday night, including one that claims the Houston Texans quarterback is deleting Instagram messages and contacting the women "who formally provided him massages, in an attempt to settle" those cases.

The three lawsuits, which were available Monday morning on the Harris County District Clerk's website, bring the total number of lawsuits filed against Watson to 19.

All three lawsuits accuse Watson of sexually assaulting women during massage sessions by "purposely" touching them with his penis and state that his "behavior is part of a disturbing pattern."

The third lawsuit also includes the accusation that Watson is deleting the Instagram messages and contacting the plaintiffs "as a result of the repeated lawsuits against him."

"Plaintiffs have not brought these cases for money or attention; instead Plaintiffs seek a change in behavior with regard to Watson, and a change of culture in the NFL," said the lawsuit, filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee.

Watson has publicly denied any wrongdoing, and his lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said last week that he believes "any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false."

Hardin also said in a statement that his law firm has "strong evidence" showing that one of the lawsuits alleging sexual assault is false and that it "calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well."

Buzbee said earlier this month that he would submit affidavits and evidence from several women to the Houston Police Department and the Houston district attorney. Buzbee also said he will request that a grand jury consider the evidence and determine whether charges should be brought against Watson by the state of Texas.

Dane Schiller, a spokesperson for the Harris County district attorney, said last week that it would be "inappropriate" for the DA's office to comment on the lawsuits against Watson.

"It would be inappropriate for the District Attorney's Office to comment on a civil lawsuit, and we refrain from publicly discussing allegations in any matter until and if a criminal charge is filed; we do this out of fairness to all," Schiller said in a statement.

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy has stated that "the matter is under review" pertaining to the league's personal conduct policy, and the Texans said in a statement that they would stay in close contact with the NFL during its investigation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31158486/lawsuit-accuses-deshaun-watson-deleting-instagram-messages-contacting-accusers-attempt-settle-cases

Buzz
03-29-2021, 07:57 PM
Now up to 19 accusers.

We should have a contest to guess how many there will be when all is said and done

Mr.wizard
03-30-2021, 04:52 AM
No you did not. I'm simply saying he didn't hurt anyone physically ( did he ? ), and I almost feel sorry for the mess he is in. If facts change foe the worse I hope he gets what he deserves. No where did I say what he did was okay,

So your sympathetic towards a person who sexually assualts someone as long as they dont punch or kick them?

The Man of Steel
03-30-2021, 05:24 AM
Now up to 19 accusers.

We should have a contest to guess how many there will be when all is said and done
To put it in perspective it took Bill Cosby about 50 years to accumulate 60 accusers while Watson already has 19 accusers by the age of 25.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-30-2021, 06:54 AM
To put it in perspective it took Bill Cosby about 50 years to accumulate 60 accusers while Watson already has 19 accusers by the age of 25.

Cosby was date rapping them by using pail to knock the women out for a period of time, I don't think Watson was that bad, but the numbers are eye openers.

Buzz
03-31-2021, 07:23 PM
Now at 21 accusers, # still climbing

Mr.wizard
04-01-2021, 04:23 AM
How many different massage therapists can one guy have, sheesh!

NorthCoast
04-01-2021, 07:34 AM

Don't you know you can never use the same one twice!

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 08:57 AM

I thought this as well since Deshaun supposedly has positive testimony from 18 therapist.

Is that a lot or is that normal for a pro athlete? I imagine most of them get a rub down at least 3 times a week of not more during the season.

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Now at 21 accusers, # still climbing

I’m going to predict that some of these numbers are bogus.

Buzbee said he would give the evidence to police. Now he says he doesn’t trust the police because Deshaun’s lawyer has a son in the department. Of course Buzbee made this announcement on Instagram and not in a press conference.

He’s doing a great job using social media as a courtroom but I don’t buy these numbers.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2021, 09:15 AM
I thought this as well since Deshaun supposedly has positive testimony from 18 therapist.

Is that a lot or is that normal for a pro athlete? I imagine most of them get a rub down at least 3 times a week of not more during the season.

I bet most athletes find elite trainers and stick with them. At least for a fair amount of time.

It seems like Watson was looking for flavor of the month (/ day?) rub and tugs.

To me, it boils down to whether or not it was consensual. It maybe maybe skirts the line of prostitution even if it was consensual, but I highly doubt that goes anywhere.

Like all of these cases, it will come down to he said, she said. Although there are apparently 20 or so "she"s in this case.

NorthCoast
04-01-2021, 09:23 AM
Florio says Watson should settle otherwise he is looking at two or more years of this dragging through courts. And what does a team do while more testimony comes out as the process moves along? The post games would be all about non-football stuff. And you thought AB was distraction?!

Buzz
04-01-2021, 09:41 AM
Don't you know you can never use the same one twice!

not after you do what he was doing

Buzz
04-01-2021, 09:46 AM
I’m going to predict that some of these numbers are bogus.

3/4 of them could be bogus and he'd still have a problem

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Florio says Watson should settle otherwise he is looking at two or more years of this dragging through courts. And what does a team do while more testimony comes out as the process moves along? The post games would be all about non-football stuff. And you thought AB was distraction?!

if he is guilty? yes..

if not, hell no.

eventually people move on, even the media. AB is different because he kept a foot in his mouth while tweeting crazy stuff.

but even AB ended up on a SB team and caught a TD pass and his civil trial doesn’t go to court until December.

its going to get uglier for Deshaun if he fight this but eventually we will become bored and move on.

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 10:05 AM
3/4 of them could be bogus and he'd still have a problem

indeed, all it takes is one but the large tally doesn’t really move me when it comes to this type of stuff with certain attorneys.

If you are known for pulling stunts to get attention I think it works both ways. You get the attention but also a side eye when you keep promising to deliver evidence to the cops but keep coming up with excuses.

and these days ALL of them could be bogus and it will still have an impact on peoples judgement of him.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2021, 10:27 AM
indeed, all it takes is one but the large tally doesn’t really move me when it comes to this type of stuff with certain attorneys.

If you are known for pulling stunts to get attention I think it works both ways. You get the attention but also a side eye when you keep promising to deliver evidence to the cops but keep coming up with excuses.

and these days ALL of them could be bogus and it will still have an impact on peoples judgement of him.

I don't know about the lawyers involved.

Does this lawyer have a history of having such large numbers of complainants? This seems almost unprecedented for an athlete IMO.

Maybe I'm forgetting other athletes with this many accusations? It's 10x what Ben had.

I do think that the numbers are concerning. The people I can think of off the top of my head that probably have more people involved than this are Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and Epstein. The number of people involved still doesn't mean that it wasn't consensual, but that's not great company to be in.

Like all three of those guys, you have to wonder if this was something of an open secret.

NorthCoast
04-01-2021, 11:13 AM
if he is guilty? yes..

if not, hell no.

eventually people move on, even the media. AB is different because he kept a foot in his mouth while tweeting crazy stuff.

but even AB ended up on a SB team and caught a TD pass and his civil trial doesn’t go to court until December.

its going to get uglier for Deshaun if he fight this but eventually we will become bored and move on.You are thinking of it from a moral standpoint which isn't always the correct financial decision. Remember, this is a civil case about wanting money. Completely different approach. Add to this that any testimony given in the civil case can be used in a criminal case if the police decide there is cause. Two years is a long time to keep all your details straight and not get tripped up during a cross examination.

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 11:45 AM
You are thinking of it from a moral standpoint which isn't always the correct financial decision. Remember, this is a civil case about wanting money. Completely different approach. Add to this that any testimony given in the civil case can be used in a criminal case if the police decide there is cause. Two years is a long time to keep all your details straight and not get tripped up during a cross examination.

I get the PR/financial decision to tale the hit and hoping it goes away quickly.

But I also understand why some players don’t cave and fight it.

Unless I know there is some ugly put there that can kill my career I’m fighting it. Especially if I have deep pockets. If he pays them off why wouldn’t another lawyer dig for more unnamed victims.

My first time in the news? Damage already out during a busy sports month. Nah, burden of proof is on the accusers.

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 11:53 AM
I don't know about the lawyers involved.

Does this lawyer have a history of having such large numbers of complainants? This seems almost unprecedented for an athlete IMO.

Maybe I'm forgetting other athletes with this many accusations? It's 10x what Ben had.

I do think that the numbers are concerning. The people I can think of off the top of my head that probably have more people involved than this are Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and Epstein. The number of people involved still doesn't mean that it wasn't consensual, but that's not great company to be in.

Like all three of those guys, you have to wonder if this was something of an open secret.

This lawyer has a history of using the media for publicity. He is a Better Call Saul type lawyer.

The fact that Buzbee switched up and wont submit evidence to police after saying he would leads me to believe a lot of the accusers are bogus.

I believe there are 2 actual cases that may have legit details. Fortunately for Deshaun I believe one of them had already contacted Deshaun looking for hush money.

I’m less concerned with the number of accusers and more concerned with the details.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2021, 12:47 PM
This lawyer has a history of using the media for publicity. He is a Better Call Saul type lawyer.

The fact that Buzbee switched up and wont submit evidence to police after saying he would leads me to believe a lot of the accusers are bogus.

I believe there are 2 actual cases that may have legit details. Fortunately for Deshaun I believe one of them had already contacted Deshaun looking for hush money.

I’m less concerned with the number of accusers and more concerned with the details.

I think it's a bit of a catch-22 with sexual assault cases.

Filing a civil suit and working the media for attention is exactly what you would do if you were making something up or stretching the truth to get money.

It's also exactly what you would do if you were assaulted and look at the long history of criminal cases failing because it's very difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Personally, I think that rape shield laws should cover accusers and accused so that cases like this can follow due process without fighting the PR battle (which is used to smear accusers and accused).

But that's probably never going to happen.

feltdizz
04-01-2021, 01:25 PM

Filing a civil suit and working the media for attention is exactly what you would do if you were making something up or stretching the truth to get money.

It's also exactly what you would do if you were assaulted and look at the long history of criminal cases failing because it's very difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Personally, I think that rape shield laws should cover accusers and accused so that cases like this can follow due process without fighting the PR battle (which is used to smear accusers and accused).

But that's probably never going to happen.

yes, its a slippery slope.

kinda odd how we want victims to have protection while also being okay with them using the media to bash the accused.

Its real easy for a lawyer to inflate numbers this way.

Its also easy to be labeled a misogynist if you ask questions or don’t immediately believe an accusation.

NorthCoast
04-01-2021, 01:46 PM

But that's probably never going to happen.Yep, the bar is lower for plaintiffs in a civil case. It's another reason why settling could make sense. That's why you see insurance companies pay out rather than spend all that time in court. My wife was in an accident (her fault) many years ago and they sued for over a million dollars for what was little more than a fender bender. But they claimed 'mental distress, loss of employment', etc etc. Our insurance company settled for $8000.

Steel Maniac
04-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Yep, the bar is lower for plaintiffs in a civil case. It's another reason why settling could make sense. That's why you see insurance companies pay out rather than spend all that time in court. My wife was in an accident (her fault) many years ago and they sued for over a million dollars for what was little more than a fender bender. But they claimed 'mental distress, loss of employment', etc etc. Our insurance company settled for $8000.

Yep..this is all civil like you said. So as soon as the women are paid, they'll go away. They just want money.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2021, 04:04 PM
Yep..this is all civil like you said. So as soon as the women are paid, they'll go away. They just want money.

what if this had happened to your sister?

how do you know some of these cases aren't legit?

Eich
04-01-2021, 10:46 PM
I certainly sympathize with any woman that was treated improperly. I would also advise any female in my life (daughter, sister..) never to look for or accept an offer via Instagram to be flown to give an incredibly wealthy NFL athlete a massage. If he wanted a legit massage, there are many options that don’t require an airplane.

NorthCoast
04-02-2021, 08:03 AM

how do you know some of these cases aren't legit?I would tell them to file a criminal complaint first. Get it on record with the police. In Watson's case I am guessing the evidence is weak and comes down to he said/she said. In that case the criminal threshold for charges might be tough to meet.

Northern_Blitz
04-02-2021, 09:07 AM
I would tell them to file a criminal complaint first. Get it on record with the police. In Watson's case I am guessing the evidence is weak and comes down to he said/she said. In that case the criminal threshold for charges might be tough to meet.

Without video of the incident, I think it would be hard for this to be anything but he said she(s) said.

I think that's kind of why the numbers do matter somewhat. Conspiracies don't work that well with large numbers of people.

Buzz
04-02-2021, 10:13 AM
I have a few honest questions in light of the reports that have come out about Watson ... maybe y'all can help me out with them.

Is it normal for a professional football player to have had this many different masseusses over a 4-year period of time? By current count, there are 21 different women accusing him of wrong, but I understand 18 came forward to vouch for his integrity ... that's 39 altogether, and I think the indications are that there are even more who have not come forward. Even if you had to have this treatment every day, would you need dozens of different masseuses to carry it out? Wouldn't you find a few good ones and stick with them?

Doesn't the team have people hired to do this kind of work?

Why would you need to fly people in from other parts of the country? Would you not be able to find enough competent therapists in a city the size of Houston?

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 10:14 AM

how do you know some of these cases aren't legit?

and what if your brother was the accused?

Not a fan of the “what if it was your family” guilt trip when debating this stuff.

Unfortunately I have known a victim of an assault while in college. I quit my job when they wouldn’t give me the info for a guest who was accused of assaulting her.

I worked for a homeless shelter in college and she said the guy mentioned he was part of the program before he attacked her once her guard was down.

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 10:35 AM
I have a few honest questions in light of the reports that have come out about Watson ... maybe y'all can help me out with them.

Is it normal for a professional football player to have had this many different masseusses over a 4-year period of time? By current count, there are 21 different women accusing him of wrong, but I understand 18 came forward to vouch for his integrity ... that's 39 altogether, and I think the indications are that there are even more who have not come forward. Even if you had to have this treatment every day, would you need dozens of different masseuses to carry it out?

Doesn't the team have people hired to do this kind of work?

Why would you need to fly people in from other parts of the country? Would you not be able to find enough competent therapists in a city the size of Houston?

While I agree using Instagram makes Deshaun look suspect. The amount of people working on him doesn’t seem high to me.

I think its odd for people to wonder why a professional athlete has so many massages. His body is his business so I expect athletes to work with a bunch of people when it comes to massages. A team has trainers but its also 60 players on a team.

So yes, if you work with a facility that massages and stretches I wouldn’t expect the same person every tome you go. So if they have 4 or 5 on staff I would expect all 4 or 5 to work on you due to scheduling conflicts.

and we have no idea if the actual number of 21 is legit or all women. I know at least one of the 18 vouching for Deshaun is a man named Craig.

I think its dangerous to automatically believe its 21 people just because the attorney said so on Instagram.

Which brings me to my last point. Instagram is used by a lot of businesses and its one of the reasons Buzbee is using it as his primary platform. While we scoff at using the gram.. its normal for a 25 year old to use it. Stupid when you are worth so much, but completely normal. We think “why would he fly women in?” but when you are worth millions a plane ticket is like using Uber.

Buzz
04-02-2021, 10:52 AM
While I agree using Instagram makes Deshaun look suspect. The amount of people working on him doesn’t seem high to me.

I think its odd for people to wonder why a professional athlete has so many massages. His body is his business so I expect athletes to work with a bunch of people when it comes to massages. A team has trainers but its also 60 players on a team.

So yes, if you work with a facility that massages and stretches I wouldn’t expect the same person every tome you go. So if they have 4 or 5 on staff I would expect all 4 or 5 to work on you due to scheduling conflicts.

and we have no idea if the actual number of 21 is legit or all women. I know at least one of the 18 vouching for Deshaun is a man named Craig.

I think its dangerous to automatically believe its 21 people just because the attorney said so on Instagram.

Which brings me to my last point. Instagram is used by a lot of businesses and its one of the reasons Buzbee is using it as his primary platform. While we scoff at using the gram.. its normal for a 25 year old to use it. Stupid when you are worth so much, but completely normal. We think “why would he fly women in?” but when you are worth millions a plane ticket is like using Uber.

But why would he need to fly them in in the first place? Are there not enough good trained and licensed masseuses in the Houston area to take care of Watson's treatments?

I didn't think I implied he would need to have the same therapist working on him all the time ... but why would he need to have as many as he has utilized?

Buzz
04-02-2021, 11:06 AM
Just found this article --

Former NFL Player Reacts To Number Of Deshaun Watson’s Masseuses
Chris Rosvoglou 1 day ago

On Wednesday, Deshaun Watson’s lawyer released a statement that included the names of 18 massage therapists. None of them, however, sued the Houston Texans’ quarterback for sexual misconduct.

The 18 masseuses that were named on Wednesday were actually vouching for Watson. This would mean that roughly 40 massage therapists have allegedly worked with the Pro Bowl quarterback since he’s facing lawsuits from 21 others.

Former NFL offensive lineman Jermon Bushrod is a bit confused as to why so many masseuses have worked with Watson this early in his career.

“I played for 12 years, I think I had half of that throughout my whole career,” Bushrod wrote on Twitter.

I played for 12 years, I think I had half of that throughout my whole career. https://t.co/wh3ZZPMnkf

— Jermon Bushrod (@j_bushrod7475) March 31, 2021

Bushrod was then asked by a fan if players usually stick with one masseuse for an extended period of time. That question led to an interesting response from the former Pro Bowler.

“Yes. No way I could have multiple therapists per game week. They get familiarized with you, your body and know your issues and how you’re body responds to massage.”

Yes. No way I could have multiple therapists per game week.

They get familiarized with you, your body and know your issues and how you’re body responds to massage.

— Jermon Bushrod (@j_bushrod7475) March 31, 2021

Bushrod isn’t the only former or current NFL player to comment on Watson’s situation. He’s one of the first, though, to provide some insight on an athlete’s massage routine.

It’s way too early to figure out what will come out of all these lawsuits involving Watson. After all, even the Texans said they’ll just have to let the legal process take care of itself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/former-nfl-player-reacts-to-number-of-deshaun-watson-s-masseuses/ar-BB1faWwq?ocid=uxbndlbing

Buzz
04-02-2021, 11:26 AM
BTW, Bushrod played for 3 different teams over the course of his career, including 2 different stints with the Saints. Going by what he said, if he'd stayed in one place, the number of masseuses he had would likely have been quite a bit fewer.

Northern_Blitz
04-02-2021, 12:00 PM
But why would he need to fly them in in the first place? Are there not enough good trained and licensed masseuses in the Houston area to take care of Watson's treatments?

I didn't think I implied he would need to have the same therapist working on him all the time ... but why would he need to have as many as he has utilized?

I don't know, but it seems to me that pro athletes looking for any kind of trainer / therapist to maximize their performance wouldn't be trolling for them on Instagram.

Presumably the 21 making claims are all women. So is the 1 that gave an interview who isn't suing. Do we know about the other 18 who said he didn't assault them? I am assuming that they are all women too...because it would be odd of a defense attorney to trot out a bunch of male masseuses and say Watson never sexually assaulted him.

So Watson went through at least a new masseuse every ~ month for 4 years (that's 48 people, and we're "only" at 40 here).

I wonder if he ever hired a male masseuse through Instagram in the last 4 years?

Maybe he doesn't want to end up worrying about it moving like George...

https://i.imgur.com/ppIt7BA.gif

Northern_Blitz
04-02-2021, 12:03 PM

It's not suspect that he has so many massages.

It's that he has so many masseuses.

And that they all seem to be female.

And that more than half of them are claiming that they were sexually assaulted.

None of that makes him guilty.

But I think it certainly makes him look suspicious.

Maybe you're right and a new trainer every month is normal for pro athletes? And that many of them don't hire men.

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 12:25 PM

because he really likes/needs massages?

Not sure they all happen in Houston. I’m sure he gets them during away games too.

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 12:45 PM
It's not suspect that he has so many massages.

It's that he has so many masseuses.

And that they all seem to be female.

And that more than half of them are claiming that they were sexually assaulted.

None of that makes him guilty.

But I think it certainly makes him look suspicious.

Maybe you're right and a new trainer every month is normal for pro athletes? And that many of them don't hire men.

They aren’t all female but most of them are female.

and if you work with a company that specializes in massages and physical treatment surely you will have more than one masseuse.

its a civil case and I’m always hesitant when I see high numbers. Not because the accused isn’t capable of being a sick perv but because people see a high number and immediately say “how could there be so many”

Its a common tactic used by prosecutors like Buzbee. They throw out numbers but when pressed to submit evidence they always change the story. Buzbee said he was in contact with the police when this first started. Police said they hadn’t heard from him. He then says he will submit evidence in the coming days. Now he says he doesn’t trust the police and won’t submit evidence and will use other means to present evidence. Funny how no one questions Buzbee but hey, that’s how this works.

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 01:08 PM
this is why I pause when it comes to Buzzbee

"Our team has been roundly criticized because these numerous brave women haven't filed formal criminal complaints with HPD (although we have provided info to other organizations)," Buzzbee said. "Here is my worry: When I ran for Houston mayor against the current mayor, I called for the resignation of the former police chief. I was thus reluctant initially in these important cases to provide info to HPD, at least while Art Acevedo was the Police Chief — even though my brother in law is a long-term HPD officer. Mr. Acevedo has now left Houston for Miami.
"Yet, I've since learned that my legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD. I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers — I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities."

Buzz
04-02-2021, 01:29 PM
because he really likes/needs massages?

Not sure they all happen in Houston. I’m sure he gets them during away games too.

Maybe. But when I hear what Jermon Bushrod had to say (see posts on previous page), I really have to wonder.

feltdizz
04-02-2021, 01:52 PM
Maybe. But when I hear what Jermon Bushrod had to say (see posts on previous page), I really have to wonder.

Jermon Bushrod also deleted that tweet.

He said he had half the amount of people in a 12 year career. But that doesn’t prove anything. Just means Jermon may not get as many massages. I’m sure he probably also spends a lot more time eating and packing on calories to keep his weight up.

No 2 players are the same, especially a QB and a lineman.

Not sure his tale really proves anything besides giving his routine vs Deshaun’s.

I’m not saying Deshaun is innocent, I have no idea.. but I think when it comes to these numbers we have to be careful when it comes to believing all of them are legit. If even one is legit its a serious problem for Deshaun.

Buzz
04-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Jermon Bushrod also deleted that tweet.

He said he had half the amount of people in a 12 year career.
But in those 12 years, he played for the Saints, Bears, Dolphins and Saints again ... so he had half the amount of therapists in 3x as many seasons, playing in 3 different cities. Even considering all the aspects you've raised, that seems like a pretty drastic difference.

I'm not saying Watson is guilty. But to me, something doesn't seem quite right with his "routine" over his young career.

Buzz
04-02-2021, 08:06 PM
Today, the Houston PD opened an investigation into Watson after a formal complaint was filed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/houston-police-investigating-nfl-quarterback-deshaun-watson-n1262949

SteelBucks
04-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Today, the Houston PD opened an investigation into Watson after a formal complaint was filed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/houston-police-investigating-nfl-quarterback-deshaun-watson-n1262949

This is getting bad for Watson. If it wasn’t already.

NJ-STEELER
04-02-2021, 10:01 PM

i think if we were able to see pictures of these "masseuses" we would have the answer.

instahoes is the term millennials like to use

Oviedo
04-03-2021, 11:08 AM
I read something about the Panthers wanting to trade for Watson

I don't think I've seen a fall from grace as fast as Watson since Vick and the dog fighting

feltdizz
04-03-2021, 12:52 PM

I don't think I've seen a fall from grace as fast as Watson since Vick and the dog fighting

Panthers are a bit of a mess right now. They have an impatient yet extremely rich owner who is willing to overpay to win. We all know spending doesn’t equal wins tho.. lol.

whatever
04-03-2021, 01:03 PM
Panthers are a bit of a mess right now. They have an impatient yet extremely rich owner who is willing to overpay to win. We all know spending doesn’t equal wins tho.. lol.

Does he spend any more than the rest of the owners?

feltdizz
04-03-2021, 01:35 PM
Does he spend any more than the rest of the owners?

Yes.. at RB. :)

$16 mill per year. Remember when you congratulated McCaffrey on his deal?

hawaiiansteel
04-03-2021, 01:53 PM
Billions!!!!!!!

well, we all know he spends more Billions more than our owner because Rooney doesn't care about winning. :roll:

Joel Buchsbaum
04-04-2021, 02:53 PM

Houston Police investigating report concerning Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31184500/houston-police-investigating-report-concerning-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson

>>> I don't think Watson will be traded anytime soon. More details are needed. Roger could put him on the exmpt list, or kick him out of the NFL for a year before the season starts.

What Vick did IMO was sick. Speak to someone familiar with illegal dog fighting. You get the drug dealers, and hard core criminals in that crowd, most of whom do business at the event and have their own dog trained to rip another dog's throat out. Vick often ended the life of the losers.

hawaiiansteel
04-05-2021, 01:35 AM
NFL silent on criminal complaint against Deshaun Watson

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2021

The controversy surrounding Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson fundamentally changed on Friday, when someone filed a criminal complaint with the Houston Police Department.

Regardless of what happens with the criminal investigation, a criminal investigation now exists. With one person making a criminal complaint, more could follow.

It’s unclear whether the person who filed the complaint is one of the 21 persons who have sued Watson. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents all of the plaintiffs who have filed suit, recently said he won’t provide evidence to the Houston Police Department. Regardless, the activation of the criminal process takes the entire controversy to a different place, one that in theory could result in Watson losing more than money and/or a portion of his playing career.

Before Watson faces a conviction and potential incarceration, a prosecutor would have to decide to pursue charges. Most prosecutors avoid filing formal charges unless they believe that they can satisfy the very high standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Still, it eventually will be up to the prosecutor, and if the prosecutor: (1) believes the complainant tells a compelling and credible case; and (2) assumes Watson will exercise his Fifth Amendment right to not testify, the prosecutor could decide to roll the dice on getting a jury that completely believes the accuser.

The mere existence of criminal complaint will become a factor in the NFL’s handling of Watson. The league office did not respond to a Saturday morning email requesting comment on the filing of criminal complaint against Watson. A follow-up has been sent.

While something along the lines of “no comment” should be expected, silence doesn’t seem to be a viable strategy as the offseason continues to unfold. One of the best players in the NFL has now had a criminal complaint filed against him, on the heels of the filing of 21 sexual assault civil lawsuits.

With the draft happening in less than four weeks and workout programs due to commence later this month, the clock will be ticking toward the NFL having something more substantive than to say nothing at all — especially if, as it appears, there won’t be an effort to bring his accusers together for a mediation sessions aimed at resolving these issues in a way that makes everyone believe they’ve been heard and have received a fair and satisfactory outcome.

Watson’s intention to stay away from the Texans while he waits for a potential trade reduces some of the pressure on the league to act. With Watson apparently planning to be absent from the offseason program, the league won’t have to tell him to stay away. With Watson apparently unwilling to show up for training camp, the league can also choose to do nothing.

For Watson, the question becomes whether he believes he’ll land on the Commissioner Exempt list. If so, he can show up and then be placed on paid leave and receive his full salary for as long as the league keeps him in that status. If he doesn’t show up, he gets nothing — and he risks forfeitures and fines that will exceed the $10 million he’s due to earn in 2021 salary.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/04/nfl-silent-on-criminal-charge-against-deshaun-watson/

hawaiiansteel
04-06-2021, 12:47 AM
Cal McNair: Texans take allegations against Deshaun Watson “very seriously”

Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2021

The Texans haven’t said much publicly regarding the 20-day-old controversy involving quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Monday, owner Cal McNair said plenty.

Via the Houston Chronicle, McNair sent a letter to season-ticket holders that addressed the situation in strong terms.

“We want to take this opportunity to address the complaint filed with the Houston Police Department and the allegations made in the civil lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson,” the letter explains. “We want to assure you that we take these allegations very seriously. As reported, HPD and the National Football League are conducting investigations and we will cooperate fully. We respect the legal process and will continue to monitor the situation closely. . . .

“While we await the conclusion of these investigations, we express our strong stance against any form of sexual assault. Our family and the entire Houston Texans organization are deeply troubled by any form of abuse and we condemn this type of behavior. We will continue to commit resources to help prevent abusive behaviors from occurring in our community and ensure respect for all. . . . This is deeply personal to our family and remains a priority.”

The Texans, after initially resisting the notion of trading Watson, had seemed to begin to warm to the possibility of sending him to a new team. Then the first of 22 lawsuits was filed, placing everything on hold.

With so many civil actions, all being handled by a lawyer who seems to understand and to relish the value of publicity to his practice, it’s hard to imagine that this situation will be resolved in an expeditious manner. The pause button has been pressed on his football career; a trade is as a practical matter impossible. Indeed, his best chance of getting paid in 2021 could come from showing up for training camp and being placed on the Commissioner Exempt list. Unless the Texans cut him, they’ll owe him his full salary (he’s due to make more than $10 million this year) while the league decides whether and to what extent Watson should be suspended without pay.

There’s a good chance Watson won’t play at all in 2021. There’s a chance he’ll miss multiple seasons, if the league decides that he won’t be permitted to play until the civil cases are resolved.

There’s also a chance, now that a criminal investigation has commenced, that he’ll eventually be charged and convicted of crimes that could derail if not end his football career. At this point, it’s simply too early to know how any of this will play out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/05/cal-mcnair-texans-take-allegations-against-deshaun-watson-very-seriously/

Mr.wizard
04-06-2021, 04:53 AM
What a turn of events for Watson, we went from wondering what team would be lucky enough to get him to wondering if he will play again.

hawaiiansteel
04-06-2021, 11:28 PM
What a turn of events for Watson, we went from wondering what team would be lucky enough to get him to wondering if he will play again.

I heard one of the women accusing Watson speak today, she sounded very believable and convincing.

this definitely will not blow over quickly for Deshaun, wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses at least this next season.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-07-2021, 07:40 AM
I heard one of the women accusing Watson speak today, she sounded very believable and convincing.

this definitely will not blow over quickly for Deshaun, wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses at least this next season.

Same here. Just wait until more come out. Waston if he has an image person needs to kick in high gear. And he needs to smile more / do motive things for the community. I think he's out for the year and traded for less than he's worth as a player.

NorthCoast
04-07-2021, 10:43 AM
It's all allegations right now. But if Roethlisberger was suspended a month on allegations I could see where Watson might be sitting for a while.

feltdizz
04-07-2021, 10:46 AM
It's all allegations right now. But if Roethlisberger was suspended a month on allegations I could see where Watson might be sitting for a while.

it was Ben’s second accusation but yes, in 2021 I can see Deshaun being suspended for 8 games and having it reduced to 6 or 4.

Northern_Blitz
04-07-2021, 10:59 AM

I think the push for the longer suspension came from the team and not the league.

I thought it was reported that Rooney want to the league to ask for 6 because the team could only do 4 by itself. I think they were really going for the scare Ben straight method. But maybe I just bought into a narrative that was going around at the time.

But post #metoo, you'd think that the league would come down hard on this. Although their general policy off field stuff seems to involve a random number generator. Unless there is stunning video evidence that gets leaked to the public...or you're Kraft (although maybe those videos were only discussed and not leaked?).

Basically, if there's bad PR the league will squash you. If not they will let it ride. More heartfelt press conferences like this might increase the negative PR which Watson seems to have mostly avoided so far.

hawaiiansteel
04-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Nike suspends Deshaun Watson sponsorship; Beats by Dre ends deal, sources say

Nike has suspended its endorsement deal with Deshaun Watson, and sources told ESPN that Beats by Dre is ending its sponsorship of Watson amid the sexual assault and inappropriate behavior allegations against the Houston Texans quarterback.

"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson. We will continue to closely monitor the situation," Nike said in a statement Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31208850/nike-suspends-sponsorship-deshaun-watson-amid-sexual-assault-allegations

feltdizz
04-07-2021, 01:18 PM
I think the push for the longer suspension came from the team and not the league.

I thought it was reported that Rooney want to the league to ask for 6 because the team could only do 4 by itself. I think they were really going for the scare Ben straight method. But maybe I just bought into a narrative that was going around at the time.

But post #metoo, you'd think that the league would come down hard on this. Although their general policy off field stuff seems to involve a random number generator. Unless there is stunning video evidence that gets leaked to the public...or you're Kraft (although maybe those videos were only discussed and not leaked?).

Basically, if there's bad PR the league will squash you. If not they will let it ride. More heartfelt press conferences like this might increase the negative PR which Watson seems to have mostly avoided so far.

yes, I kept trying to remind those who said Ben was treated harsher his first time around to just wait until after the NCAA tourney.

Now that its over Nike has pulled the plug.. surely they didn’t want to make an announcement during tourney time.

As we get closer to the draft we will hear more about this case and that is when the NFL will move on Deshaun.

Chucktownsteeler
04-07-2021, 03:43 PM
I just feel sick about this. He was a great guy with high character coming out of Clemson. That or a great actor.

feltdizz
04-07-2021, 04:40 PM
I just feel sick about this. He was a great guy with high character coming out of Clemson. That or a great actor.

Do you realize how many players come into the NFL as God fearing players who swear they won’t let fame ruin them?

This happens a lot.

Also, while its a bit different, I never bought into the “nice guy” stuff because I used to promote shows in college. All the positive rappers were mostly *******s and the scary “gangsta” rappers were nice as hell.

I used to work at a homeless shelter in college too. The nice ones.. always ended up scamming or thieving because you let your guard down. The mean and nasty one’s.. you could trust them because they showed you their worst.

A good guy has no where to go but down.. and unless we grew up with them we don’t know them personally so how can we call them nice guys?

whatever
04-07-2021, 05:05 PM
Yes.. at RB. :)

$16 mill per year. Remember when you congratulated McCaffrey on his deal?

So he spends more on a rb but the same overall cap.
Actually didn’t Rooney offer to make bell the highest paid rb ever?
Only his stupidity saved us from that.
Yup, mccaffrey did it right. Worked hard, said the right things, honored his word and produced.

Ghost
04-09-2021, 02:08 PM
In a decision that is expected to impact nearly all 22 of the civil lawsuit cases against Deshaun Watson, a judge ruled that the Houston Texans quarterback has the legal right to know the name of one of the Jane Doe plaintiffs who is accusing him of sexual assault.

This ruling could cause all the other 21 suits to be refiled with real names and not as Jane Doe.

Buzz
04-16-2021, 09:24 AM
All 22 of the women suing Watson have now identified themselves

whatever
04-16-2021, 09:25 AM

Oh oh.......

feltdizz
04-16-2021, 10:56 AM
Deshaun is an idiot. So his lawyer admits he was using the gram to hook up with ladies who gave “massages”

That’s just dumb. So dumb I now understand why the FO didn’t listen to his recommendations for coaches.. lol.

Doesn’t mean he is a rapist.. but he sure is dumb.

feltdizz
04-16-2021, 10:58 AM

one of them dropped their lawsuit. I imagine a few more may drop once they start digging into records and text messages.

He will have to pay for this and may be mire than finances

Northern_Blitz
04-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Deshaun is an idiot. So his lawyer admits he was using the gram to hook up with ladies who gave “massages”

That’s just dumb. So dumb I now understand why the FO didn’t listen to his recommendations for coaches.. lol.

Doesn’t mean he is a rapist.. but he sure is dumb.

But it has been blatantly obvious that it's true from the beginning (50 massage therapists in a year...trolled from instagram...likely all very attractive women).

And I wouldn't be surprised if the accusers have some evidence to back it up.

I think there has also been an additional woman that came forward in the civil action.

And apparently 5 (?) that have gone to Houston PD to pursue criminal charges.

Northern_Blitz
04-16-2021, 12:08 PM
one of them dropped their lawsuit. I imagine a few more may drop once they start digging into records and text messages.

He will have to pay for this and may be mire than finances

Or as they agree to settlements.

NorthCoast
04-16-2021, 12:16 PM
Or as they agree to settlements.Could turn into some mighty expensive handjobs :Boobs

Blitzburgh
04-16-2021, 02:00 PM
Could turn into some mighty expensive handjobs :Boobs

Watson would have been better off paying prostitutes, but something tells me he enjoyed the art of seducing the woman. that fantasy/kink is what's gonna cost him a lot of money.

Northern_Blitz
04-16-2021, 02:14 PM
Could turn into some mighty expensive handjobs :Boobs

They already have given the loss / suspension of endorsement deals.

And this will probably take a while to figure out, so he's probably losing a fair amount money even if he ends up not guilty on all counts.

And the accusations never fully come off, even if not found guilty. I think this is a big reason why Ben didn't get SB MVP. And has probably cost him higher level endorsement deals (not that he's hurting for income).

papillon
04-16-2021, 03:19 PM
It gets expensive when the wrong head starts to do the thinking...just sayin.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2021, 04:48 PM
Watson would have been better off paying prostitutes, but something tells me he enjoyed the art of seducing the woman. that fantasy/kink is what's gonna cost him a lot of money.

that's exactly what they are. the new age call girls. they are up with the times and use social media, Phone APPs etc

hawaiiansteel
04-19-2021, 02:52 PM
Deshaun Watson's attorney files response to 22 lawsuits against Houston Texans QB

Sarah Barshop
ESPN Staff Writer

HOUSTON -- Attorney Rusty Hardin has filed an answer to the 22 lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson that says the Houston Texans quarterback's legal team has "already uncovered evidence that numerous allegations in this onslaught of cases are simply not true or accurate."

From March 16 to April 14, 23 lawsuits were filed against Watson alleging inappropriate conduct and sexual assault. One lawsuit was dropped by a plaintiff "for now," according to court documents, "in light of privacy and security concerns."

The answer, filed Monday, says the lawsuits filed against Watson are "replete with mischaracterizations of [his] conduct."

"These range from being misleading, to fraudulent, to slanderous," the document says. "Importantly, only two of the twenty-two lawsuits allege that Mr. Watson forced any type of sexual activity -- an allegation Mr. Watson again vehemently denies."

From trade talk to 22 lawsuits: How the narrative around Texans QB Deshaun Watson flipped

Watson's legal response alleges that after eight of the plaintiffs massaged Watson, all "bragged about, praised, and were excited about massaging Mr. Watson." The document also says seven plaintiffs "willingly worked or offered to work with Mr. Watson after their alleged incidents," three plaintiffs "lied about the number of sessions they actually had" with Watson, three plaintiffs "lied about their alleged trauma and resulting harm" and five plaintiffs "told others they wanted to get money out of" Watson.

The answer goes into detail refuting allegations made by several of the women who filed the lawsuits against Watson, naming 16 plaintiffs specifically.

"It was not until the plaintiffs saw an opportunity for a money grab that they changed their stories to convert therapy sessions they bragged about to friends and family to something much more nefarious," Watson's answer alleges.

"Mr. Watson has been adamant that he did not engage in any improper conduct and we strongly believe him," Hardin said in a statement released Monday afternoon. "Therefore, the answer to the question of whether we are saying that all 22 plaintiffs are lying about the allegations of sexual misconduct by Mr. Watson is a resounding yes."

ESPN has reached out to attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the women who have filed the 22 lawsuits, for comment.

Before this answer, Watson's lone comments came when he posted a statement on Twitter saying he had not seen the lawsuit but had previously rejected "a baseless six-figure settlement demand."

"I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect," Watson said in his statement.

The NFL has launched an investigation into Watson under its personal conduct policy, and on April 6, NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy called the allegations against the quarterback "deeply disturbing."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31290199/deshaun-watson-attorney-files-response-22-lawsuits-houston-texans-qb

Buzz
04-19-2021, 04:17 PM
Texans have now dropped Watson from their promotional video

Steel Maniac
04-19-2021, 04:55 PM
that's exactly what they are. the new age call girls. they are up with the times and use social media, Phone APPs etc

Exactly. All these girls are prostitutes looking for a big payday. That’s what prostitutes do is “ get money “ using their sexual means in any manner possible .

Legal fees will be something else for him when all this wraps up.

hawaiiansteel
04-19-2021, 05:06 PM
Texans have now dropped Watson from their promotional video

that's the type of move which is going to cause even more long-term damage to the relationship between the Texans and Watson.

there's a very good chance that Watson has played his last game for them.

Buzz
04-19-2021, 11:33 PM
At least 2 of the women suing Watson have agreed to meet with the NFL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/19/report-at-least-two-of-the-women-suing-deshaun-watson-have-agreed-to-meet-with-the-nfl/

feltdizz
04-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Will be interesting how this proceeds if its true that 8 women have been exposed for having more engagements with DeShaun after their alleged assaults took place.

Regardless Deshaun is taking a financial hit for this. If you pay for the booty you better pay 4 figures and not $55.

feltdizz
04-20-2021, 01:34 PM
Sure feels like Florio wants Watson to settle out of court. He can’t keep his opinion to himself on this one?

Just report the “facts” dude.. lol

hawaiiansteel
05-11-2021, 08:19 PM
Silence persists regarding Deshaun Watson situation

Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2021

The first month of the Deshaun Watson legal controversy featured numerous social-media posts, written statements, and press conferences. For nearly three weeks, silence has prevailed in the Watson situation.

It’s obvious, given the sharp shift in efforts by the lawyers away from scoring points in the court of public opinion, that the lawyers are trying to work out the 22 civil lawsuits against Watson. All of the claims arise from allegations of misconduct during massage therapy sessions.

The longer the silence lingers, the greater the possibility that that cases will eventually be resolved, allowing the Texans to trade Watson to a new team before the start of training camp.

Peter King offered up some rough odds in his latest Football Morning in America column. And it’s clear that he’s been hearing the same things we’ve been hearing: Watch the Eagles.

With the caveat that the trade would happen in 2022, King has Philly and Carolina at 3-1 each, Washington at 5-1, Denver at 6-1, Houston at 8-1, New Orleans at 9-1, Miami at 10-1, Minnesota at 20-1, Pittsburgh at 25-1, and the field at 35-1.

As we see it in light of the ongoing silence, here are the current odds for Watson for 2021: 4-1 Dolphins, 5-1 Eagles, 7-1 Texans (on Commissioner Exempt list and not playing), 8-1 Panthers, 10-1 Washington, 12-1 Broncos, 20-1 field, 50-1 Texans (actually playing).

Even if the litigation is resolved, Watson will surely serve a suspension, under the same reasoning that applied to Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in 2010. But teams will likely make a move if/when the lawsuits are resolved. If they’re resolved before the start of training camp, Watson will become available — and the Dolphins and Eagles likely will be the two teams at the front of the line, in our view.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/11/silence-persists-regarding-deshaun-watson-situation/

Joel Buchsbaum
05-12-2021, 06:52 AM
It gets expensive when the wrong head starts to do the thinking...just sayin.

Pappy

How much are these 22 women asking for? Is one asking more than the other because she " worked "more?

Outside of a colossal embarrassment, the NFL kicking him out of football for a year, and an assault on his wallet, Watson's good name and endorsements are toast.

Will the refs / NFL treat him fairly after the book on his massaging hair pie stories ends?

hawaiiansteel
05-25-2021, 02:01 AM
Seriously thou..

this is a frame job.

Ashley Solis had been in touch with Buzbee during the Texans' season, which torpedoes some whacky conspiracy theories

Originally, Buzbee had said that Ashley Solis (Plaintiff number one) had come to him in January 2021 with her allegations against Watson. As it turns out, she was actually in touch with Buzbee several months before that, and one massage therapist who was central to this piece (but not involved in any litigation, she was under the pseudonym "Susan" in the piece) was contacted about talking to one of Buzbee's associates prior to Week 16 of the NFL season (late December).

This is important because there was rampant conspiracy theory speculation that the Texans themselves were behind the rise of these lawsuits, perhaps out of spite over Watson's wanting out of Houston. (Forget about how dumb it would be for them to torpedo the value of the one key asset that can help accelerate their rebuild. People are dumb.

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/new-revelations-in-sicom-article-on-watson-legal-saga-11569468

Joel Buchsbaum
05-25-2021, 07:45 AM
The NFL had another black eye, when former offensive lineman Eugene Chung, an Asian American was told he's not the minority " they " are looking for to coach football.

Apparently the Rooney rule is narrower than we think. The NFL has had a really bad offseason, this is 2021, not 1971. The lone exception is for those minorities who fit the narrative, most of whom never suited up. Women. Gotta get those ratings, right?

As a side note higher education schools are emerging / offering non player types into the coaching ranks of basketball and football. A typical high school or lower level coach's salary team can greatly exceed what the average job pays. Yes, this will trickle up the NFL who wants to hire these people, at least some of them with the right type of gender and ethnicity.

The NFL is also guilty of an openly racists concussion policy, saying that African American players who suffer concussion start at a lower level on the " normal scale " and can not sue for cognitive difficulties as easily.

A really good lawyer is needed to clean the NFL's clock on this crap. As for Watson, he needs to make his next move soon if he wants to play in 2021, and when he does, no way he can fight 22-1. Get that checkbook out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-assistant-coach-eugene-chung-was-told-he-was-not-the-right-minority-during-coaching-interview/

NorthCoast
05-25-2021, 09:00 AM
The NFL had another black eye, when former offensive lineman Eugene Chung, an Asian American was told he's not the minority " they " are looking for to coach football.

Apparently the Rooney rule is narrower than we think. The NFL has had a really bad offseason, this is 2021, not 1971. The lone exception is for those minorities who fit the narrative, most of whom never suited up. Women. Gotta get those ratings, right?

As a side note higher education schools are emerging / offering non player types into the coaching ranks of basketball and football. A typical high school or lower level coach's salary team can greatly exceed what the average job pays. Yes, this will trickle up the NFL who wants to hire these people, at least some of them with the right type of gender and ethnicity.

The NFL is also guilty of an openly racists concussion policy, saying that African American players who suffer concussion start at a lower level on the " normal scale " and can not sue for cognitive difficulties as easily.

A really good lawyer is needed to clean the NFL's clock on this crap. As for Watson, he needs to make his next move soon if he wants to play in 2021, and when he does, no way he can fight 22-1. Get that checkbook out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-assistant-coach-eugene-chung-was-told-he-was-not-the-right-minority-during-coaching-interview/Doesn't sound like a Rooney rule problem. Sounds like a pinhead team rep's interpreting the rule.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-25-2021, 09:46 AM
Doesn't sound like a Rooney rule problem. Sounds like a pinhead team rep's interpreting the rule.

Or the PR value.

Northern_Blitz
05-25-2021, 09:51 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-assistant-coach-eugene-chung-was-told-he-was-not-the-right-minority-during-coaching-interview/

I'm pretty sure that you're wrong about concussions.

My understanding is that baseline are set on an individual level, not by group identity (which is the only sensible way IMO).

I have heard that players try to sandbag the test so they have recorded baselines less than reality so they can get back in quicker. Not sure how true that is though.

feltdizz
05-25-2021, 10:50 AM
Doesn't sound like a Rooney rule problem. Sounds like a pinhead team rep's interpreting the rule.

yep..

It was a stupid thing for that rep to say but its a nice view into how some people in charge of hiring actually think of certain people of color.

We also have no idea what race the person is who said this.

Some people see things in Black and White but there are more hues/races out there who can coach.

feltdizz
05-25-2021, 11:00 AM

My understanding is that baseline are set on an individual level, not by group identity (which is the only sensible way IMO).

I have heard that players try to sandbag the test so they have recorded baselines less than reality so they can get back in quicker. Not sure how true that is though.

No, I believe he is correct. I think he is talking about concussion results and labs being used to evaluate former players.

NFL is doing all they can to pay as little as possible. Most NFL players are Black and insurance will ALWAYS do their best to save money.

Not sure what this has to do with DeShaun tho.. lol.

Anyway.. where is this story right now? Last I heard the women were saying they interviewed with the NFL and felt like the NFL dismissed them.

Maybe its true.. but I also wonder if the NFL was just asking tough questions and doing a thorough investigation instead of just taking them at their word

Northern_Blitz
05-25-2021, 12:36 PM
No, I believe he is correct. I think he is talking about concussion results and labs being used to evaluate former players.

NFL is doing all they can to pay as little as possible. Most NFL players are Black and insurance will ALWAYS do their best to save money.

Not sure what this has to do with DeShaun tho.. lol.

Anyway.. where is this story right now? Last I heard the women were saying they interviewed with the NFL and felt like the NFL dismissed them.

Maybe its true.. but I also wonder if the NFL was just asking tough questions and doing a thorough investigation instead of just taking them at their word

Thanks.

I think I misread his comment thinking it was about allowing players back into playing after having a concussion.

Sorry Joel.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-25-2021, 01:31 PM
Thanks.

I think I misread his comment thinking it was about allowing players back into playing after having a concussion.

Sorry Joel.

No worries at all.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-26-2021, 05:59 PM

it's a pretty f'd up rule. i'm not even sure how they're going to get away with that...

Joel Buchsbaum
05-27-2021, 07:42 PM
it's a pretty f'd up rule. i'm not even sure how they're going to get away with that...

If feels like this rule is left over from the 1960's, The owners should prepare to settle and withdraw this very racist claim in court. You can't have different standards for different types of people and rule on the books to pay hurt players less compensation based on race. But yet they do, one guys life is worth more than another.

While the young players won't care about this stuff, after all who thinks of getting hurt while doing what they want to do, the bald truth is the NFL wants limit claims from the non star players who are injured because they were black, keep Asian Americans out of the coaching community, and hire women who for all I know are severely under qualified, maybe not as officials but .as positional coaches for ratings and marketing reasons.

The current NFL union boss strikes me as cooperate / political sleaze. If he's for the players and fairness this stuff should be at the top of the agenda. Should. Meanwhile Rog and friends fine, he only makes 30 million a season and works for billionaires. Something is very wrong here, and one gifted lawyer needs to expose the light of the law on this carp. Big time.

feltdizz
05-28-2021, 10:22 AM
I agree with most of what you are saying Joel except for women being under qualified to be coaches. We have no idea how long these women have been in the game. I don’t really see the PR value in hiring an under qualified woman to be a position coach.

The Asian thing was ridiculous but not unexpected. There are hurdles when it comes to being a head coach and everyone is trying to get their foot in the door.

Definitely agree on the concussion claims. But this is the NFL and they tried to hide this stuff for decades. Now that we see the science and the damage caused by the game its no surprise insurance is trying to save a grip of money.

Insurance is a nice hustle.

hawaiiansteel
06-01-2021, 05:32 PM
if Deshaun Watson doesn't play this year, the Texans might become the first NFL team to ever go 0-17.

Joel Buchsbaum
06-02-2021, 07:07 AM
I agree with most of what you are saying Joel except for women being under qualified to be coaches. We have no idea how long these women have been in the game. I don’t really see the PR value in hiring an under qualified woman to be a position coach.

The Asian thing was ridiculous but not unexpected. There are hurdles when it comes to being a head coach and everyone is trying to get their foot in the door.

Definitely agree on the concussion claims. But this is the NFL and they tried to hide this stuff for decades. Now that we see the science and the damage caused by the game its no surprise insurance is trying to save a grip of money.

Insurance is a nice hustle.

Anyone can be a coach, but to be at the highest level it sure helps to have played the game at some level. It's a marking grab. As a group I'd say women are more qualified to be officials or front office people than coaches. The NFL knows 40% of the fans watching are women A huge number. They want women on the field. So they give them assistant coaching jobs.

Wether women will ascend all the way to head coaching spot remains to be seen. I can see a female Steeler assistant coach in the not so distant future.

hawaiiansteel
10-27-2021, 01:35 AM
Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Texans, Dolphins agree on compensation, Miami wants legal issues resolved first

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-rumors-texans-dolphins-reportedly-agree-on-compensation-but-miami-wants-legal-issues-resolved/

crushedspirit
10-27-2021, 08:40 AM
I could see a scenario where he is traded, allowed to play, and then backlash from media and public, leading to Mr Roger backtracking and placing him on the exempt list.

Northern_Blitz
10-27-2021, 08:56 AM
Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Texans, Dolphins agree on compensation, Miami wants legal issues resolved first

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-rumors-texans-dolphins-reportedly-agree-on-compensation-but-miami-wants-legal-issues-resolved/

For anyone that doesn't want to read it.

It's basically saying that Miami will only make the trade if Watson settles the cases out of court. And for Goodell to be transparent about upcoming discipline.

My understanding was that Watson's legal problems were beyond settlement out of court because there were criminal filings. But everything I know about law comes from TV shows and what I remember of my dad's incessant watching / taping of the OJ Simpson trial...which is to say I basically know nothing.

feltdizz
10-27-2021, 09:54 AM
For anyone that doesn't want to read it.

It's basically saying that Miami will only make the trade if Watson settles the cases out of court. And for Goodell to be transparent about upcoming discipline.

My understanding was that Watson's legal problems were beyond settlement out of court because there were criminal filings. But everything I know about law comes from TV shows and what I remember of my dad's incessant watching / taping of the OJ Simpson trial...which is to say I basically know nothing.

As far as I know its all civil cases but I’m not sure they have gone to a grand jury yet to see if criminal charges will be filed.

From what I know, the police are still investigating and the FBI interviewed Watson but I think it was over text messages by one lady trying to get him to pay some hush money.

feltdizz
10-27-2021, 09:56 AM
I could see a scenario where he is traded, allowed to play, and then backlash from media and public, leading to Mr Roger backtracking and placing him on the exempt list.

I think as long as no tapes are released Watson’s backlash will be minimal.

Its been so long since the story just dropped I think a lot of fans have moved on.

crushedspirit
10-27-2021, 10:09 AM
I think as long as no tapes are released Watson’s backlash will be minimal.

Its been so long since the story just dropped I think a lot of fans have moved on.

Maybe so, but part of it could be because he hasn't taken the field yet. All things could change very quickly.

Northern_Blitz
10-27-2021, 11:27 AM
if Deshaun Watson doesn't play this year, the Texans might become the first NFL team to ever go 0-17.

There is another team in the league that will give them a run for their money their. But typing their name might impact our record, so I won't.

Northern_Blitz
10-27-2021, 11:29 AM
As far as I know its all civil cases but I’m not sure they have gone to a grand jury yet to see if criminal charges will be filed.

From what I know, the police are still investigating and the FBI interviewed Watson but I think it was over text messages by one lady trying to get him to pay some hush money.

Thanks. My understanding is that settling out of court wouldn't impact whatever criminal investigations were going on.

And I think at least ten of the women filed criminal complaints.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/criminal-justice/2021/07/27/404214/multiple-women-file-criminal-complaints-with-hpd-against-texans-qb-deshaun-watson/

Maybe the investigations for those things have ended, but my guess is that the process takes longer than that.

I think it's better that these things get handled by the actual police / FBI vs. an internal NFL investigation. Because we all know that internal NFL investigations can be BS.

Joel Buchsbaum
10-28-2021, 01:32 AM
Thanks. My understanding is that settling out of court wouldn't impact whatever criminal investigations were going on.

And I think at least ten of the women filed criminal complaints.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/criminal-justice/2021/07/27/404214/multiple-women-file-criminal-complaints-with-hpd-against-texans-qb-deshaun-watson/

Maybe the investigations for those things have ended, but my guess is that the process takes longer than that.

I think it's better that these things get handled by the actual police / FBI vs. an internal NFL investigation. Because we all know that internal NFL investigations can be BS.

Agreed. I think he's guilty of something. Too many people filed against him.