PDA

View Full Version : Browns shut down facility

Disco1981
12-30-2020, 02:54 PM
More positive tests...Ventured over to the Browns Board and, they're already speculating..

A) They'll have to play short-handed ( sorry, This should be the one and only outcome )
B) Forfeit ( haha, ya right.. They screwed the Steelers over, and wouldn't even consider this for a regular season game )
C ) Move the game to Monday or Tuesday ( BS...Again screwing the Steelers...Short week heading into the post-season )

flippy
12-30-2020, 03:02 PM
I don't want our players to get Covid and have to sit out during the playoffs.

Disco1981
12-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Multiple players,in a hot tub, no masks...Sorry, If they have to play with ALL practice squad players, So be it!

Only the Browns could have the post season gift wrapped ..And **** it away lol

SteelBucks
12-30-2020, 03:45 PM
They won’t move this game right before the playoffs. They’ll have to play short handed. If the NFL did move it, I’d thumb my nose to the league and keep the team in Pittsburgh. This is Cleveland’s problem...let them deal with it.

feltdizz
12-30-2020, 03:46 PM
Aren’t we being investigated for breaking Covid protocol for dancing?

Not defending the Browns but I think once you get a positive test it will usually result in a “WTF were they thinking” when you go back and use contact tracing.

feltdizz
12-30-2020, 03:47 PM
They won’t move this game right before the playoffs. They’ll have to play short handed. If the NFL did move it, I’d thumb my nose to the league and keep the team in Pittsburgh. This is Cleveland’s problem...let them deal with it.

yeah, no way they can move this game.

if anything you just cancel it. Can’t risk our players getting infected before the playoffs.

Eich
12-30-2020, 03:48 PM
Aren’t we being investigated for breaking Covid protocol for dancing?

Not defending the Browns but I think once you get a positive test it will usually result in a “WTF were they thinking” when you go back and use contact tracing.

We're full of our own WTF moments. That doesn't excuse others.

Disco1981
12-30-2020, 04:06 PM
How could they just " cancel " it...How would they decipher who would make the playoffs then?

SteelBucks
12-30-2020, 04:09 PM
How could they just " cancel " it...How would they decipher who would make the playoffs then?

Tie breakers. I personally don’t care. Let the league figure it out.

Buzz
12-30-2020, 04:09 PM

I don't see the NFL canceling the game. However, I could see them moving it to Monday or Tuesday, screwing us over again by giving us another short week. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they do that.

SteelBucks
12-30-2020, 04:14 PM
I don't see the NFL canceling the game. However, I could see them moving it to Monday or Tuesday, screwing us over again by giving us another short week. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they do that.

Not one starter would see the field if they moved it. It won’t be moved.

papillon
12-30-2020, 04:16 PM
This should be interesting

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
12-30-2020, 04:52 PM

They'd have to go by win percentage.

I think that this was discussed when they first started playing this season as a potential alternative if they needed to cancel games.

Northern_Blitz
12-30-2020, 04:53 PM
I hope they don't move it, but it could be advantageous to know the result of all the other games if we have to play later.

Lots of special teamers getting snaps if that's the case.

Eich
12-30-2020, 04:55 PM
This should be interesting

Pappy

Or frustrating

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Multiple players,in a hot tub, no masks...Sorry, If they have to play with ALL practice squad players, So be it!

Only the Browns could have the post season gift wrapped ..And **** it away lol

Was talking with a buddy last night who is a lifelong Browns fan - pre-Ravens :D. He told me that two weeks ago his son happily came up to him and said that the next-gen stats say that there is a 95% chance that the Browns make the playoffs. As a lifelong fan, my friend replied with "why did you have to say that?" LOL. Now we see the scratching and clawing just for the chance to go one and done.

Sly
12-30-2020, 05:54 PM
They'd have to go by win percentage.

I think that this was discussed when they first started playing this season as a potential alternative if they needed to cancel games.

But if the Browns forfeit, neither the Browns nor Steelers would be paid for that game. I can't see the players agreeing to that. Also, no way the game will be rescheduled. That was bad enough during the regular season; unacceptable with the upcoming playoffs. So the Browns will have to make do with what players they can find.

Sly
12-30-2020, 05:55 PM
Was talking with a buddy last night who is a lifelong Browns fan - pre-Ravens :D. He told me that two weeks ago his son happily came up to him and said that the next-gen stats say that there is a 95% chance that the Browns make the playoffs. As a lifelong fan, my friend replied with "why did you have to say that?" LOL. Now we see the scratching and clawing just for the chance to go one and done.

I think those odds just fell.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-30-2020, 06:03 PM
I think those odds just fell.

Gotta be under 93% by now. :D

Buzz
12-30-2020, 06:56 PM
Sounds as though Browns facility was reopened and they practiced this afternoon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/30/browns-reopen-facility-will-practice-wednesday-afternoon/

Northern_Blitz
12-31-2020, 05:37 AM
But if the Browns forfeit, neither the Browns nor Steelers would be paid for that game. I can't see the players agreeing to that. Also, no way the game will be rescheduled. That was bad enough during the regular season; unacceptable with the upcoming playoffs. So the Browns will have to make do with what players they can find.

Don't know if canceling the game is the same as forfeit.

But if it is, I think you're right that the players won't pass on the game check.

I had forgotten about this from the Ravens game.

What is it about playing is that has teams getting outbreaks?

Northern_Blitz
12-31-2020, 05:37 AM
Sounds as though Browns facility was reopened and they practiced this afternoon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/30/browns-reopen-facility-will-practice-wednesday-afternoon/

Good news?

Or given our luck this year, an opportunity for more Browns to get sick.

kindlecatsb'ng
12-31-2020, 10:51 AM
Browns facility closed again--breaking news out of C-town. 2 more players positive testing but not saying who yet.
This was announced on the air with 93.7 fan guys interviewing their counterpart in Cleveland.

Eich
12-31-2020, 10:53 AM
Ugh. This isn't good.

Sly
12-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Ugh. This isn't good.

There's still a lot the medical profession doesn't understand about this virus. Players are tested before they are allowed to play in a game. But suppose a player tests negative on Sunday, but positive on Monday. Could that player infect others on Sunday, even if he tested negative that day? I believe the covid incubation period is about 5 days, but I have no idea when there's enough of the virus in the body to show up on the tests.
I only know one person who had covid and he had no symptoms. The only reason he was tested was because his girlfriend was infected, and so he had to be tested. So did he infect her or did she infect him? Who knows.

If I were a Steeler player I'd be wearing a face shield and gloves during the game.

Northern_Blitz
12-31-2020, 12:30 PM
There's still a lot the medical profession doesn't understand about this virus. Players are tested before they are allowed to play in a game. But suppose a player tests negative on Sunday, but positive on Monday. Could that player infect others on Sunday, even if he tested negative that day? I believe the covid incubation period is about 5 days, but I have no idea when there's enough of the virus in the body to show up on the tests.
I only know one person who had covid and he had no symptoms. The only reason he was tested was because his girlfriend was infected, and so he had to be tested. So did he infect her or did she infect him? Who knows.

If I were a Steeler player I'd be wearing a face shield and gloves during the game.

This seems to have clearly happened in some cases.

There's no way that (1) a bunch of guys test positive for the Browns before last game; (2) everything is perfectly fine on Sunday; (3) they need to shut down their facility early in the next week because of a second outbreak of covid.

The good news is that there doesn't seem to have been much if any transmission between teams in these cases.

SteelBucks
12-31-2020, 01:24 PM
Browns facility closed again--breaking news out of C-town. 2 more players positive testing but not saying who yet.
This was announced on the air with 93.7 fan guys interviewing their counterpart in Cleveland.

TE Harrison Bryant and LB Malcolm Smith.

hawaiiansteel
12-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Browns CB Denzel Ward positive for COVID-19, out vs. Steelers

By Zac Wassink | Last updated 12/31/20

The Cleveland Browns may be staring at a legitimate COVID-19 crisis.

Hours after the Browns closed their practice facility because of positive coronavirus tests for the second straight day, they confirmed that top cornerback Denzel Ward has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Browns added that the facility will remain closed through at least the end of Thursday, and Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reported that Ward tested positive for COVID-19. That could keep the 2018 Pro Bowl selection sidelined through wild-card weekend if the Browns qualify for the playoffs.

Ward joins linebackers Malcolm Smith and B.J. Goodson, tight end Harrison Bryant and safety Andrew Sendejo on the growing list of Cleveland players unavailable to take the field for Sunday's pivotal game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As had been expected, Browns wide receivers Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and KhaDarel Hodge were all activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list after they missed last Sunday's loss to the New York Jets because of coronavirus-related protocols. Linebacker Jacob Phillips also returned from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Browns have been dealing with COVID-19 issues for the better part of the past week and haven't yet had a normal practice day ahead of a game they likely must win to secure a playoff berth. As Daryl Ruiter of radio station 92.3 The Fan explained earlier in the week, Cleveland can back into the playoffs via seven other scenarios.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/browns_cb_denzel_ward_positive_for_covid_19_out_vs _steelers/s1_13132_33701849?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=sport spyder

SteelBucks
12-31-2020, 08:06 PM
Ward is a huge loss for the Brownies.

hawaiiansteel
12-31-2020, 11:45 PM

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/attachments/fb_img_1609440481900-jpg.7081/

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-02-2021, 01:24 AM

Or at lease he would be if the Steelers had a QB with the ability to get it to a WR. :stirpot

Sly
01-02-2021, 10:30 AM
Or at lease he would be if the Steelers had a QB with the ability to get it to a WR. :stirpot

Justin Fields didn't seem to have any problems last night completing passes to WRs. Maybe Ohio State could lend him to the Steelers for Sunday's game. ;)

Buzz
01-02-2021, 02:31 PM

Welp, looks like we lost Haden, probably cancels out the Browns' loss of Ward

fordfixer
01-02-2021, 05:02 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that offensive line coach Bill Callahan and assistant offensive line coach Scott Peters won't coach Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Assistant Ryan Cordell will handle their responsibilities, per Schefter.

The Browns' facilities were previously closed Wednesday and Thursday to conduct contact tracing after multiple positive tests, per ESPN's Jake Trotter.

Cleveland received clearance from the NFL to resume practice Friday ahead of Sunday's critical Week 17 game against the AFC North rival Steelers.

The team has placed 11 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list since last Saturday—Andrew Sendejo, Denzel Ward, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Harrison Bryant, Jacob Phillips, Jarvis Landry, Javon Patterson, Karl Joseph, KhaDarel Hodge, Malcolm Smith and Rashard Higgins—per Trotter.

However, Dr. Allen Sills of the NFL said the situation doesn't rise to the level of an outbreak because there's no evidence of coronavirus transmission between players, according to the ESPN report.

"To date, we don't see any connection among the recent positive cases with the Browns, so there's no evidence of transmission within the facility," Sills said Wednesday. "But obviously we're going to continue to work through that and continue to monitor the test results on a day-to-day basis."

The Browns can clinch their first playoff berth since 2002 with a victory over the Steelers. And there are seven other scenarios that can still earn them a spot in the postseason with a tie or loss.

Cleveland lost a previous meeting with Pittsburgh, 38-7, in mid-October.

Sunday's matchup so far remains on schedule for a 1 p.m. ET kickoff at FirstEnergy Stadium.

NorthCoast
01-02-2021, 08:52 PM
The Browns closed their facility again today per radio.

Steel Maniac
01-02-2021, 11:47 PM
Welp, looks like we lost Haden, probably cancels out the Browns' loss of Ward

This game seems tailor made for the browns to win.

hawaiiansteel
01-03-2021, 01:45 AM
This game seems tailor made for the browns to win.

I'm sure somehow it's Tomlin's fault :roll: