PDA

View Full Version : Steelers record vs the playoffs compared to others.

Steelhere10
12-30-2020, 07:56 AM
Kc 3-0
steelers 4-1
ravens 2-4
cleveland 2-2
bills 3-2
miami 2-4
titans 2-4

Northern_Blitz
12-30-2020, 09:36 AM
That's an interesting stat.

If we can get back to form, I think we'll be competitive with any of the playoff teams.

If we play like we did against Cincy and Washington, we lost by a fair margin.

It's pretty obvious, but I think we need the D to keep generating turnovers + at least average play from Ben.

Sly
12-30-2020, 09:50 AM
Yeah but is losing 4 of your last 5 games to end the regular season the right formula for making a Super Bowl run?

IMO one of the most important factors in winning football games is confidence. When Ben was at his prime and the Steelers were down 4 points with about a minute to play, the team was 100% confident that Ben would lead them to a TD. And they were right since Ben rarely failed to win in those conditions. Tomlin obviously feels that the team has regained its confidence, and that rest is more important than building more momentum heading to the playoffs.

Steelhere10
12-30-2020, 09:51 AM
If my memory serves me right, if you count the teams in contention for a seed Indy, Dallas etc for all teams, it changes from
KC 4-0
STEELERS 6-1 or 6-2 depending on Dallas or Washington
Ravens 3-4
Colts 2-4
Miami 2-4
And I think the Browns 3-3
To name a few.

Steelhere10
12-30-2020, 10:13 AM
The Steelers and Ravens add a win, if the Colts make it Steelers add 2 if Dallas makes it or drop1 if Washington makes it. Bills drop 1 if the Cards make it. Etc

Steelhere10
01-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Final records vs playoff teams
AFC Records vs Playoff Teams
KC: 4-0
BUF: 3-2
PIT: 5-3
TEN: 4-4
BAL: 4-4
CLE: 4-3
IND: 3-4

Buzz
01-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Final records vs playoff teams
AFC Records vs Playoff Teams
KC: 4-0
BUF: 3-2
PIT: 5-3
TEN: 4-4
BAL: 4-4
CLE: 4-3
IND: 3-4

We're about to go to 9-3 vs. playoff teams

SteelerMaine83
01-04-2021, 07:47 PM
We’ve played 5 of them and beat 4 of them. Bottom line: having a winning record against playoff teams is a good indicator. We play our best against the best.

Steel Maniac
01-05-2021, 02:54 AM
We’ve played 5 of them and beat 4 of them. Bottom line: having a winning record against playoff teams is a good indicator. We play our best against the best.

Can’t wait.

Steelhere10
01-06-2021, 01:50 PM
We're about to go to 9-3 vs. playoff teams

I hope you are correct.

Steelhere10
01-06-2021, 01:51 PM
It's time for my nervous breakdowns to begin.

Steel Maniac
01-06-2021, 01:54 PM
I hope you are correct.

We hope you are correct.

flippy
01-06-2021, 02:01 PM
Vegas has us behind the Chiefs, Bills, and Ravens in their current SuperBowl odds.

Our numbers look better because of our hot start. But it's now how you start, it's how you finish.

Our recent trends don't look so good.

Sly
01-06-2021, 09:50 PM
It's time for my nervous breakdowns to begin.

I find that liquor helps. ;)

Northern_Blitz
01-07-2021, 05:52 AM
Vegas has us behind the Chiefs, Bills, and Ravens in their current SuperBowl odds.

Our numbers look better because of our hot start. But it's now how you start, it's how you finish.

Our recent trends don't look so good.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'd probably put us ahead of the Ravens because we should face KC a game later.

But the Ravens have looked like the much better team since our last game.

NorthCoast
01-10-2021, 09:15 AM
The Steelers will win IF they win the TO battle. As I posted elsewhere, in every one of their playoff losses in the last 5 yrs they lost the TO battle.

Obviously this means Bad Ben needs to stay home today....

Sly
01-10-2021, 10:44 AM
I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'd probably put us ahead of the Ravens because we should face KC a game later.

But the Ravens have looked like the much better team since our last game.

The best time to face KC may be after their bye. Some of their key players haven't played in 3 weeks, so there may be some rust. If KC wins and sustains no injuries in their game, they will likely be tougher to beat in the AFC championship game.

Northern_Blitz
01-10-2021, 11:26 AM
The best time to face KC may be after their bye. Some of their key players haven't played in 3 weeks, so there may be some rust. If KC wins and sustains no injuries in their game, they will likely be tougher to beat in the AFC championship game.

I think your boys will beat the crap out of them.

Playing them after that (or having a home game against BAL) would be good IMO.

flippy
01-10-2021, 11:51 AM

Ill take any team the week after they play Baltimore.

My worry is the Titans seem to have Baltimore’s number and I think they have the coaching edge for 1 game. So Baltimore could beat up the Titans who will then be teed up to get destroyed by KC and then KC could cruise into the AFCC against us.

The more I look at these teams, the more I realize they’re all flawed and that gives me some hope for our chances.

I enjoyed watching that Heineken kid last night for the WFT. Wonder if we could try to trade for him in the off-season? We want to go after every other QB out there and I think that kid has some real potential.

Sly
01-10-2021, 01:37 PM

I'd love to see a Steelers/Ravens game because it means that both teams won their playoff games. Based on the playoff games that I watched, t's impossible to predict what will happen with any degree of confidence. If the Colts weren't led by brain dead coaches, they would have beat the Bills. Not taking the 3 points and going for it on 4th and 4 was plain stupid. And you knew that stop was going to fire up the Bills offense which it did. And who would have thought that Washington with a 4th string QB would give Tampa a good game.

feltdizz
01-10-2021, 02:02 PM
I'd love to see a Steelers/Ravens game because it means that both teams won their playoff games. Based on the playoff games that I watched, t's impossible to predict what will happen with any degree of confidence. If the Colts weren't led by brain dead coaches, they would have beat the Bills. Not taking the 3 points and going for it on 4th and 4 was plain stupid. And you knew that stop was going to fire up the Bills offense which it did. And who would have thought that Washington with a 4th string QB would give Tampa a good game.

Colts coach was chasing points for no reason. Still doubt they win if they kicked the FG’s and extra point. Bills still had to march 96 yards and the Colts couldn’t stop them.

Colts had a chance to tie or win but Rivers is terrible in those circumstances.

I have to give it up to Heineke. He balled out. Never seen him play that well before in Carolina.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2021, 03:38 PM
I have to give it up to Heineke. He balled out. Never seen him play that well before in Carolina.

Heineken made himself some money.