PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland has the Covid

steelerkeylargo
12-26-2020, 06:50 PM
Jarvis, Higgins and Donovan Peoples Jones are out vs Jets tomorrow. Wonder who else might fall.

steeler_george
12-26-2020, 07:03 PM
Jarvis, Higgins and Donovan Peoples Jones are out vs Jets tomorrow. Wonder who else might fall.

Who is going to be their WRs?

hawaiiansteel
12-26-2020, 07:39 PM
Cleveland Browns down four wide receivers vs. New York Jets due to COVID-19 protocols

Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer

Cleveland Browns will be without four wide receivers and linebacker Jacob Phillips for Sunday's game against the New York Jets, the team announced Saturday.

Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, KhaDarel Hodge and Phillips were all placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list after a Browns player tested positive for the virus.

The Browns delayed their flight to New Jersey and shut down their facility after the positive test but are now set to depart at 7 p.m. ET.

Starting linebacker B.J. Goodson was also placed on the COVID-19/reserve list on Saturday.

The Browns elevated wide receivers Ja'Marcus Bradley and Derrick Willies and linebacker Montrel Meander from the practice squad.

Starting left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr., who was placed on the list earlier this week after coming into contact with an individual outside the organization who tested positive, was activated off the list on Saturday.

The Browns could clinch their first playoff berth in 18 years on Sunday with a victory, and losses by either Miami, Baltimore or Indianapolis.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30600941/cleveland-browns-delay-flight-player-tests-positive-covid-19

D Rock
12-26-2020, 07:48 PM
I've been in isolation with covid myself for the past 9 days. I'm 33 years old and have what would be considered a mild case. I couldn't even imagine trying to run 3 or 4 routes after this, much less play a whole game.

That's going to hurt the Browns next week against the Steelers as well

steelerkeylargo
12-26-2020, 07:58 PM
I've been in isolation with covid myself for the past 9 days. I'm 33 years old and have what would be considered a mild case. I couldn't even imagine trying to run 3 or 4 routes after this, much less play a whole game.

Wishing you a speedy recovery D Rock. Hoping the Browns WR's take a couple weeks.

SteelBucks
12-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Hand the ball off to Chubb...win by 20.

SteelBucks
12-26-2020, 08:27 PM

Glad it’s only a mild case. I had a rough two weeks back in early November. I still get fatigued and winded easily.

Get well!!!

Sly
12-26-2020, 09:39 PM
Who is going to be their WRs?

According to the NFL Network the Browns only have one receiver for the Jets game. It's challenging to stop the Brown's running and passing game, but not so sure how challenging it is to just stop their running game. The Jets could win this game, and if the Colts lose to the Steelers, they can rest their starters in the Browns game.

Starlifter
12-26-2020, 09:57 PM
the steelers are a hot mess right now. I don't care about any other game or team other than what we're going to see tomorrow. I'm hoping they found a way this week to right the ship - if not, it makes little difference what's going on elsewhere in the league.

Steel Maniac
12-26-2020, 10:36 PM

Take care of yourself buddy. Praying for you and your family.

SteelBucks
12-26-2020, 10:38 PM
According to the NFL Network the Browns only have one receiver for the Jets game. It's challenging to stop the Brown's running and passing game, but not so sure how challenging it is to just stop their running game. The Jets could win this game, and if the Colts lose to the Steelers, they can rest their starters in the Browns game.

Rest may not be best for this team. They need reps to fix what’s broken. I’d make good use of the final two games.

whisper
12-27-2020, 01:13 AM
the steelers are a hot mess right now. I don't care about any other game or team other than what we're going to see tomorrow. I'm hoping they found a way this week to right the ship - if not, it makes little difference what's going on elsewhere in the league.

/\/\/\/\/\ this

steeler_george
12-27-2020, 06:11 AM
Speedy recovery D rock!

D Rock
12-27-2020, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone

Northern_Blitz
12-27-2020, 12:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and take full responsibility for this one.

This outbreak happened the day after I picked up Mayfield for my FF team.

You're welcome everyone!

Northern_Blitz
12-27-2020, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone

Get better soon D Rock!

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2020, 01:58 PM
I'm going to go ahead and take full responsibility for this one.

This outbreak happened the day after I picked up Mayfield for my FF team.

You're welcome everyone!

good job, well done! :Clap

Buzz
12-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Clowns lose to Jest

I think that, plus our win over Indy, clinches the North for us?

hawaiiansteel
12-27-2020, 05:37 PM
Clowns lose to Jest

I think that, plus our win over Indy, clinches the North for us?

yes, time to buy those new AFC North Division Champions t-shirts!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-27-2020, 06:46 PM

Speedy recovery D Rock. I friend of mine has it, says he has had good and bad days. My kid is in quarantine because any traveler from outside the country has to do a 14 day in home quarantine regardless, unless considered an essential worker.