PDA

View Full Version : vs. Colts

Buzz
12-23-2020, 01:55 PM
Steelers rebound and get their 12th win (because I predicted they would get 12 wins in the reg. season) --

Pittsburgh 23
Indy 20

hawaiiansteel
12-23-2020, 02:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDJ95sOptU

Disco1981
12-23-2020, 02:31 PM
Steelers rebound and get their 12th win (because I predicted they would get 12 wins in the reg. season) --

Pittsburgh 23
Indy 20

Pretty early for the hard stuff

Buzz
12-23-2020, 02:42 PM

Lot of us Steelers fans on it right now

Sly
12-23-2020, 02:43 PM
I guarantee you that the Colts wished that the Steelers had easily defeated the Bengals. You never want to play a team after such an embarrassing performance. If the Steelers do lose to the Colts, a good but not great team, then it's all over. They'll lose to the Browns and be a wild card team.

It's hard to believe that it was only three weeks ago when I thought that the Steelers had a good chance to go 16 and 0.

whisper
12-23-2020, 02:50 PM
The Colts are a good team, not great. But plenty good enough to easily beat our joke-of-a-team. Cinci beating us was no fluke. I honestly think we'd would also lose to the Jets at this point. Not even kidding.

Sly
12-23-2020, 03:04 PM
The Colts are a good team, not great. But plenty good enough to easily beat our joke-of-a-team. Cinci beating us was no fluke. I honestly think we'd would also lose to the Jets at this point. Not even kidding.

Nothing's certain in the NFL, but I'll be surprised if the Colts beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. I understand that it's hard to be optimistic after such a puzzling performance, but let's not forget this team was 11 and 0 just a few weeks ago. I know that there have been injuries, but every NFL team has them. I have confidence that Tomlin can turn this around.

Chucktownsteeler
12-23-2020, 04:02 PM
O.T:

Steelers 27

Colts 24

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-23-2020, 04:17 PM
I just told my kid that I like the Steelers big this week. Why? Because when they look like it is impossible to play any worse, that is when they suddenly play like we wanted them to all along.

Northern_Blitz
12-23-2020, 04:47 PM

What if I started on Monday night?

I think we still win the division through any combination of 1 win or Browns loss.

Let's wrap it up this weekend so we can play Mason in the final game and pretend it's because we're resting Ben.

SteelBucks
12-23-2020, 05:28 PM
I’m done wasting my Sundays. I’m playing golf in the bitter cold. I’ll catch the game on my DVR.

Sly
12-23-2020, 05:41 PM
What if I started on Monday night?

I think we still win the division through any combination of 1 win or Browns loss.

Let's wrap it up this weekend so we can play Mason in the final game and pretend it's because we're resting Ben.

If the Steelers can't beat the Colts in Pittsburgh, it's virtually certain they won't beat the Browns in Cleveland. So the Colts game is critical.

hawaiiansteel
12-23-2020, 05:45 PM
If the Steelers can't beat the Colts in Pittsburgh, it's virtually certain they won't beat the Browns in Cleveland. So the Colts game is critical.

Brownies are currently favored by 4 points in that game.

Northern_Blitz
12-23-2020, 05:59 PM

I refuse to put anything past the Browns.

Sly
12-23-2020, 06:19 PM
Brownies are currently favored by 4 points in that game.

Amazing how quickly things change in the NFL. After defeating the Ravens the second time, most NFL pundits believed the Steelers were a lock to retain the one seed. Now, just a few weeks later, it seems that many believe that the Steelers will be the wild card team.

fordfixer
12-23-2020, 09:54 PM
Steelers 2 Colts 0

Northern_Blitz
12-23-2020, 10:13 PM
Steelers 2 Colts 0

Might be the only way we get the W.:p

papillon
12-23-2020, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see a path to victory unless Ben finds what he's lost in the last 4 weeks. The decline is astonishing in such a short period of time. Of course, I've seen Ben pull the rabbit out of the hat a few times over his career so that's what I'm hanging my hat on. But, I don't think they'll win.

Colts: 27 (or more)
Steelers: 16 (get a short field for the TD or garbage time)

Pappy

Sly
12-23-2020, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see a path to victory unless Ben finds what he's lost in the last 4 weeks. The decline is astonishing in such a short period of time. Of course, I've seen Ben pull the rabbit out of the hat a few times over his career so that's what I'm hanging my hat on. But, I don't think they'll win.

Pappy

The only thing that concerns me is Ben's health. If you can win with sheer toughness, Ben will get the job done. But if he has some serious injury which affects his passing ability, then no amount of toughness will help. I watched the Ravens play the Steelers twice and the Colts once, and IMO the Steelers are the superior team. I appreciate that it's hard to be optimistic after the Bengals debacle, but the Steelers should win this game.

Mr.wizard
12-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Steelers will win by at least 2 touchdowns.

feltdizz
12-24-2020, 10:29 AM
I’m done wasting my Sundays. I’m playing golf in the bitter cold. I’ll catch the game on my DVR.

what were you wasting your sundays on the last month?

We haven’t had a Sunday daytime game since 11/22

feltdizz
12-24-2020, 10:31 AM

Pappy

JuJu can’t dance on the Colts logo since its a home game so obviously we will win!!!

Eich
12-24-2020, 11:09 AM
My expectations are completely reversed at this point. I expect a blowout and not in our favor.

Given that I've predicted almost nothing correctly this season, maybe that's a good thing.