PDA

View Full Version : Coach Drake

Chucktownsteeler
12-22-2020, 10:46 AM
Probably something not spoken about is the passing of WR coach Drake before last season. I just wonder how his death has affected this receiver group. They look lost and confused at times.

Also, Chase Claypool is giving me a little unrest. At least twice last night he lost composure, once early on when he perceived to be open and put his hands up to somewhat show-up your QB. The second after he was tackled and went after the Cinci player who had inadvertently kicked him after the play.

From my viewpoint JJSS and Ebron can walk after the season and mark my words Claypool will be our next head-case.

The only 2 I'd like to see come back from FA is DuPree and Hilton. Probably won't happen.

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 02:41 PM
I love how everyone needs to be cut now.

If this site were the GM we would probably have like 18 players and most
of them would be from the Ivy League because they play the game the right way.

Chucktownsteeler
12-22-2020, 04:01 PM

Why come to this site if we can't vent and BS a little? Don't take it so seriously.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-22-2020, 04:27 PM

In a salary cap league, you are probably better served, in this case, going through a house cleaning if you've determined that you are moving on from the Ben era. You clear future space under the cap, have enough money to retain some of those FAs that we aren't otherwise sure can be retained, keep money in the bank to sign TJ and Minkah, and suck badly enough to draft Ben's replacement the following year. in the meantime re-build the OL through the draft and still enough talent from the current core.

Northern_Blitz
12-22-2020, 04:56 PM
In a salary cap league, you are probably better served, in this case, going through a house cleaning if you've determined that you are moving on from the Ben era. You clear future space under the cap, have enough money to retain some of those FAs that we aren't otherwise sure can be retained, keep money in the bank to sign TJ and Minkah, and suck badly enough to draft Ben's replacement the following year. in the meantime re-build the OL through the draft and still enough talent from the current core.

Yep. If it's not next year that we pay the piper, it will be soon after.

That's the price you pay for having a great QB for so long.

And I'm happy we've paid it, even though I think it's going to suck in the near future.

SidSmythe
12-22-2020, 05:56 PM
Was not a Fan of Claypool's antics either.

As Lawson (i believe thats who made the play on him) was standing up from the tackle he seemed to have tripped. Was that Claypool grabbing his foot??
THEN he got up and pushed him in the back??
Then Hausnauer intervened and he was pushing him.....
Did his head get big after his fast start???

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 06:14 PM
Why come to this site if we can't vent and BS a little? Don't take it so seriously.

You think my post about 18 players from the Ivy league was a serious post.

flippy
12-22-2020, 06:14 PM

I'd cut the 18 Ivy League players too.