PDA

View Full Version : Wisniewski

Disco1981
12-20-2020, 05:43 PM
Not good enough to play for our Star studded Line, But good enough to to start for the Super Bowl Champs...Another tremendous call Super Mike.. About as good as the FB Watt call that you never play!

Disco1981
12-20-2020, 06:21 PM
Typical Tomlin Sheep... We're picking up practice squad guys, who can't stick with any team...When we had a Super Bowl starting Guard.. Who couldn't play on our pathetic Line...

Watch tomorrows game...And answer me why

The Man of Steel
12-20-2020, 06:44 PM
From what I just saw Wisniewski appears to have better pass-catching skills than our receivers do.

hawaiiansteel
12-20-2020, 07:26 PM
Typical Tomlin Sheep... We're picking up practice squad guys, who can't stick with any team...When we had a Super Bowl starting Guard.. Who couldn't play on our pathetic Line...

and risk thwarting J.C. Hassenauer's development?

rpmpit
12-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Watching the game yesterday armpit jr. said "isn't he on our IR?" We had no idea he had been waived.

Why keep him on IR for 2 months, activate him and then waive him??

Edit (looked it up):
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers have officially activated linebacker Avery Williamson to their 53-man roster. They've also promoted Jayrone Elliott.
Williamson was traded for last Sunday night in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round draft pick. The Steelers also received a 2022 seventh-round pick. Elliott was promoted from the team's practice squad.
To make room for the moves, the Steelers have waived guard Stefen Wisniewski and running back Trey Edmunds.

Northern_Blitz
12-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Watching the game yesterday armpit jr. said "isn't he on our IR?" We had no idea he had been waived.

Why keep him on IR for 2 months, activate him and then waive him??

Edit (looked it up):
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers have officially activated linebacker Avery Williamson to their 53-man roster. They've also promoted Jayrone Elliott.
Williamson was traded for last Sunday night in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round draft pick. The Steelers also received a 2022 seventh-round pick. Elliott was promoted from the team's practice squad.
To make room for the moves, the Steelers have waived guard Stefen Wisniewski and running back Trey Edmunds.

A casualty of all the non-season ending injuries we've endured so far.

rpmpit
12-21-2020, 01:41 PM
A casualty of all the non-season ending injuries we've endured so far.

Its a shame. Could have really used him.

Northern_Blitz
12-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Its a shame. Could have really used him.

2 years in a row where we've lost a playable OL late in the season due to roster moves.

Sucks. Especially given the condition of our OL.

hawaiiansteel
12-21-2020, 02:13 PM
2 years in a row where we've lost a playable OL late in the season due to roster moves.

Sucks. Especially given the condition of our OL.

let's see how Fred Johnson plays tonight against his old team.

oh wait, he doesn't start for the lowly Bungles...

Northern_Blitz
12-21-2020, 02:15 PM

I said playable, not good. :p

It's nice to have playable OL around, especially if they can play more than 1 position.

Oviedo
12-21-2020, 04:03 PM

I forgot about Fred "Key to the Super Bowl" Johnson. Can't start for the Bumgals but we desperately need him because a few fans got boy crushes on him. Another example of how ridiculous some posters are and how they will do anything to find a negative to fit their agenda

flippy
12-21-2020, 04:12 PM
I forgot about Fred "Key to the Super Bowl" Johnson. Can't start for the Bumgals but we deperately need him because a few fans got boy crushes on him. Another example of how ridiculous some posters are and how they will do anything to find a negative to fit their agenda

I think everyone just gets themselves up for games in their own unique way.

Some don't like to get their hopes up so they aren't let down. Others see no point in anything short of optimistic euphoria. Most think they are realists no matter where they are on the spectrum.

I was talking to a buddy about this IRL. I kept telling him to be patient and enjoy the ride cause we're winning the SuperBowl this year. He told me he doesn't want to get his hopes up a be let down. He's already been let down when we lost our first game.

I know that a "bad" fan to some, but we all live and die by these games in our own way. Might as well let people psyche themselves up and prepare however they want. It all good. It's an emotional release. We all want the same thing. To have fun watching the team we love. Whatever floats anyone's boat is good by me.

Oviedo
12-21-2020, 04:15 PM
I think everyone just gets themselves up for games in their own unique way.

Some don't like to get their hopes up so they aren't let down. Others see no point in anything short of optimistic euphoria. Most think they are realists no matter where they are on the spectrum.

I was talking to a buddy about this IRL. I kept telling him to be patient and enjoy the ride cause we're winning the SuperBowl this year. He told me he doesn't want to get his hopes up a be let down. He's already been let down when we lost our first game.

I know that a "bad" fan to some, but we all live and die by these games in our own way. Might as well let people psyche themselves up and prepare however they want. It all good. It's an emotional release. We all want the same thing. To have fun watching the team we love. Whatever floats anyone's boat is good by me.

To each his own, but what a sad way to go through life waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Especially something you have zero control over.

flippy
12-21-2020, 04:23 PM
To each his own, but what a sad way to go through life waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Especially something you have zero control over.

I think you're over projecting on them at least a little.

They could make the same extreme statement about feeling sad for you setting yourself up repeatedly for the let down.

It's all good. It just comes down mostly to our personalities, DNA, our childhoods, and life experiences. They're just different. None better than the other. None worse. Just different. And the world usually only makes sense through our own point of view. Life is confusing, but I know I'm rational most of the time and assume everyone else must be, otherwise, that's a bad way to go through life thinking negatively about someone else who's feelings we have zero control over :)

It's all weird circular logic.

And I'm an optimist. :)

steeler_george
12-21-2020, 05:32 PM
At the time, it was the right move and I think it still is.

We probably would of put him on end of season IR, he was not healthy enough to practice. So he would of been lost for the year.
If we kept him, it wasn't him it would of been another player who is on the active roster cut and lost.

Get real guys, Dotson past him up in the ranks as guard, maybe Haussner was ahead of him at center as well.

It just sucks that Feiler and Dotson got hurt same game and time, what are the chances of that happening?