PDA

View Full Version : Ju Ju's Stupidity

Buzz
12-14-2020, 12:29 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-defense-had-extra-fire-after-catching-juju-smith-schuster-dancing-on-logo-before-win-over-steelers/

Tomlin needs to call him into his office and have a hard talk with him. We don't need this garbage, certainly not when we are struggling the way we are right now. You'd think Ju Ju would be embarrassed to strut like this with the offense doing as poorly as it is.

Too many meatheads on this team.

The Glory Days
12-14-2020, 12:39 PM
I think Tomlin has bigger issues than reigning in a TikTok influencer who doesn't let building his brand distract him on gameday. He could have sent the Bills gift baskets with muffins and scones and handwritten notes telling each and every one of them just how much he respected them and we still would have gotten smashed.

This isn't about JuJu firing up a good team. It's about a bad Steelers team showing up unprepared and overmatched.

SteelBucks
12-14-2020, 12:49 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-defense-had-extra-fire-after-catching-juju-smith-schuster-dancing-on-logo-before-win-over-steelers/

Tomlin needs to call him into his office and have a hard talk with him. We don't need this garbage, certainly not when we are struggling the way we are right now. You'd think Ju Ju would be embarrassed to strut like this with the offense doing as poorly as it is.

Too many meatheads on this team.

I usually don’t care about stuff like this but this should stop. The Bills mentioned it in the post game. Sounds like it fired them up a bit.

IDK. Everything looks bad when you’re losing.

SidSmythe
12-14-2020, 12:50 PM
I usually don’t care about stuff like this but this should stop. The Bills mentioned it in the post game. Sounds like it fired them up a bit.

By the time the Bills got their A$$ in gear this whole thing was ancient history.

SteelBucks
12-14-2020, 12:58 PM
By the time the Bills got their A$$ in gear this whole thing was ancient history.

Until next week in Cincinnati.

Steel Maniac
12-14-2020, 01:33 PM

So the Bills mentioned this huh?? And we had Tuitt's social media splurge a few weeks ago about the Ravens. Hmmmmmmm

Northern_Blitz
12-14-2020, 01:33 PM
I think Tomlin has bigger issues than reigning in a TikTok influencer who doesn't let building his brand distract him on gameday. He could have sent the Bills gift baskets with muffins and scones and handwritten notes telling each and every one of them just how much he respected them and we still would have gotten smashed.

This isn't about JuJu firing up a good team. It's about a bad Steelers team showing up unprepared and overmatched.

This.

Maybe worth telling him not to do that stuff.

But almost certainly not on the top 5 reasons we lost.

NorthCoast
12-14-2020, 02:15 PM
My only question is who is he trying to entertain? Certainly not me. Maybe the millenials like that stuff.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-14-2020, 02:27 PM
So the Bills mentioned this huh?? And we had Tuitt's social media splurge a few weeks ago about the Ravens. Hmmmmmmm

To me, I don't buy that a team lost a game because of bulletin board material, however, why put yourself and your team through this stupidity. What benefit is there other than pushing YOUR BRAND?

If I'm the coach I advise JuJu to just lay off this stuff for awhile. Off season, sure be a tik tok superstar. In season...football.

Steel Maniac
12-14-2020, 03:43 PM
To me, I don't buy that a team lost a game because of bulletin board material, however, why put yourself and your team through this stupidity. What benefit is there other than pushing YOUR BRAND?

If I'm the coach I advise JuJu to just lay off this stuff for awhile. Off season, sure be a tik tok superstar. In season...football.

I agree with this...be a social media darling in the off-season but keep it quiet in-season.

hawaiiansteel
12-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Until next week in Cincinnati.

I think we rebound well against the Bumgals.

feltdizz
12-14-2020, 03:54 PM
lmao. it was only a matter of time.

Every time we lose people look for anything as a reason for the loss. He probably does it before every game and while we were winning no one had an issue with it.

Trust me, teams aren’t sitting around thinking “we would lose tonight but now that a player danced on our logo in warm-ups we are now going to win this game”

Buzz
12-14-2020, 04:08 PM
lmao. it was only a matter of time.

Every time we lose people look for anything as a reason for the loss. He probably does it before every game and while we were winning no one had an issue with it.

Trust me, teams aren’t sitting around thinking “we would lose tonight but now that a player danced on our logo in warm-ups we are now going to win this game”

I never said it was the reason for the loss. But it's stupid, and unhelpful, right along with Tuitt's tweets and Ebron's proclamation that we're as good as in the Super Bowl.

Buzz
12-15-2020, 09:13 PM
Josh Allen says the Ju Ju logo dance ticked the Bills off and provided extra motivation for them in the game. I don't know where the veteran leadership on this team is, but Ben or Heyward or Pouncey ought to be laying down the law with Ju Ju. If they won't do it, Tomlin needs to.

Steel Maniac
12-15-2020, 11:37 PM
Josh Allen says the Ju Ju logo dance ticked the Bills off and provided extra motivation for them in the game. I don't know where the veteran leadership on this team is, but Ben or Heyward or Pouncey ought to be laying down the law with Ju Ju. If they won't do it, Tomlin needs to.

You mean the head coach???? Hmmmmm

Eich
12-16-2020, 09:25 AM
Juju is a guy that likes to have fun. Everything I've read about him seems to indicate that he's generally a nice guy. I really think he did it without intending it to be disrespectful. Maybe that's just what I want to think. But that's what I'm going with until I see something more to prove otherwise.

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 09:34 AM
My only question is who is he trying to entertain? Certainly not me. Maybe the millenials like that stuff.

You asked a question when you knew the answer.. lol.

Of course its for his young fans.. not old, dusty dans like us.

He’s probably done this all season or his whole career.. its just something for fans to nitpick after a loss.

Eich
12-16-2020, 09:42 AM

My 14 year old daughter loves that stuff. We got Juju's autograph in Latrobe his rookie year and she was thrilled. HOWEVER, even she was disappointed when she saw his dance on the Bills logo. She knew right away that it was disrespectful. Her first comment to me was that it was like someone stepping on the terrible towel. So, either Juju is pretty oblivious or he didn't care that it would come off as disrespectful.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 10:41 AM

*accurate... VERY accurate*

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 11:25 AM
My 14 year old daughter loves that stuff. We got Juju's autograph in Latrobe his rookie year and she was thrilled. HOWEVER, even she was disappointed when she saw his dance on the Bills logo. She knew right away that it was disrespectful. Her first comment to me was that it was like someone stepping on the terrible towel. So, either Juju is pretty oblivious or he didn't care that it would come off as disrespectful.

yeah, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care and has been doing it for a lot longer than last game.

I predicted a while back when everyone loved JuJu that eventually fans would turn on him.

Its all fun and lighthearted until you lose a game or 3 or have a video dancing and then we end up losing the game.

dancing on a logo.. thats what helped us lose this game? c’mon.

I bet some of those Bills didn’t even see it when it happened but after the game someone asked them about it and they all go “yeah, that motivated us”

NorthCoast
12-16-2020, 11:31 AM
If he wants to dance and build his brand then sign up for Dancing w the Stars... no need for it on a football field

(yea, paint me a fuddy-duddy)

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 11:36 AM
I've always thought these were the dumbest conversations that fans could have.

"You gave them motivation". Like this is some superhuman boost of the oppositions Madden ratings. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As a professional, you should give your best effort on every Sunday. If you don't, someone will take your spot.
And if that's what it takes to get your best effort, you won't be a pro for long...

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 11:39 AM
If he wants to dance and build his brand then sign up for Dancing w the Stars... no need for it on a football field

(yea, paint me a fuddy-duddy)

yeah.. it doesn’t bother me but a few friends definitely wanted him to stop because they knew how it would play out.

Dancing if fine as long as we are winning but once we start losing...

“Get off my lawn and get back to work!!!!

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 11:41 AM

"You gave them motivation". Like this is some superhuman boost of the oppositions Madden ratings. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As a professional, you should give your best effort on every Sunday. If you don't, someone will take your spot.
And if that's what it takes to get your best effort, you won't be a pro for long...

like teams were going to half-ass against us but since someone wrote something on a whiteboard.. “its on now!!!”

NorthCoast
12-16-2020, 11:59 AM

And if that's what it takes to get your best effort, you won't be a pro for long...We don't know what motivates players preparing for a game. I am sure it affects different players differently, some not at all.
What is possible though is that the offender becomes a target in a game. Why bring that on yourself?

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 12:12 PM
We don't know what motivates players preparing for a game. I am sure it affects different players differently, some not at all.
What is possible though is that the offender becomes a target in a game. Why bring that on yourself?

I’m not really going to question what motivates a professional athlete. What JuJu has done for years has made him into a pretty successful player.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 12:28 PM
I’m not really going to question what motivates a professional athlete. What JuJu has done for years has made him into a pretty successful player.
And why didn't anyone complain when he went out to the star before the cowboys game?
Jeez, when the team loses and fans find the most random ish to complain about.

The league is encouraging celebrations. Most stadiums now have a big camera in the end zone. let the defense get a turnover and the whole damned defense runs the length of the field to the camera.

A defender gets a sack and he's shovel digging, jumping, stomping or whatever his signature move is.

But, let's blame it all on JuJu. Only HIM doing HIS thing motivates other teams.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 12:30 PM
We don't know what motivates players preparing for a game. I am sure it affects different players differently, some not at all.
again, if "paychecks" and "keeping the starting job" isn't in the equation, they won't be professionals for long.

Steel Maniac
12-16-2020, 12:33 PM

I hear you; but the truth is that players say that they need their home fans. Especially late in the game when they are tired. They say when their tired, the fans do give them the additional boost to still perform. An adrenaline boost perhaps.

They were talking about this earlier when Green Bay was playing the Jags at home. Green Bay players to a man said if the home crowd were there, that game wouldn't have been close. These guys are professionals like you've said, but they are only human. And respond to human factors.

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 12:41 PM
And why didn't anyone complain when he went out to the star before the cowboys game?
Jeez, when the team loses and fans find the most random ish to complain about.

The league is encouraging celebrations. Most stadiums now have a big camera in the end zone. let the defense get a turnover and the whole damned defense runs the length of the field to the camera.

A defender gets a sack and he's shovel digging, jumping, stomping or whatever his signature move is.

But, let's blame it all on JuJu. Only HIM doing HIS thing motivates other teams.

there used to be a huge debate on acceptable celebrations.

AB and Bells first down point used to frustrate people on here.

but Keisel’s bow and arrow sack celebration was fine.

it really depends on how the team is doing and who is doing the celebrations.

no one has any issues at all with TJ’s celebrations.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 01:24 PM
I hear you; but the truth is that players say that they need their home fans. Especially late in the game when they are tired. They say when their tired, the fans do give them the additional boost to still perform. An adrenaline boost perhaps.

They were talking about this earlier when Green Bay was playing the Jags at home. Green Bay players to a man said if the home crowd were there, that game wouldn't have been close. These guys are professionals like you've said, but they are only human. And respond to human factors.
Fans absolutely give an adrenaline boost. As does a big play, especially when you thought it was hopeless. Adrenaline in that case is a very different situation than bulletin board stuff.

Pre-game motivation lasts about 1 series into the game. if you're spend the whole game thinking "but, juju danced" -- i LOL'd typing that cuz it's that silly -- but, if you ARE thinking JuJu danced, then good. Cuz you're not thinking about covering or tackling.

NorthCoast
12-16-2020, 01:57 PM
because when the team loses, the team ends up with negative pub. ...this isn't a great look. It's easy enough to find another way to get attention without blowback;
https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/juju-smith-schuster-pregame-dance-on-bills-logo-backfires

Northern_Blitz
12-16-2020, 02:06 PM

Yep.

This isn't HS football (the level most of us fans played the game).

The guys that survive the gauntlet to get to the NFL are the guys that were super motivated to play / practice / work out / excel all day every day.

I think they do lie to themselves about these things (like MJ saying people disrespected him). But guys like MJ find ways to lie to himself about being disrespected with or without help from other players.

feltdizz
12-16-2020, 02:45 PM

If GB players really said that are full of it.. and I’m not talking about cheese. That’s like saying if the Jags had home fans they would have more than 1 win.

Fans definitely give you an advantage when it comes to crowd noise and they can hype you up but it still comes
down to execution.

Fans cant make you block better or cover a player better.

Is it really that hard to give an opposing team credit? smh..

Cleveland sure had a lot of fans in their stadium on Monday night and they still lost to a QB who can’t even throw for 200 yards or throw outside the numbers.

Buzz
12-16-2020, 03:27 PM

Uh, I did ... and I remarked that it was a good thing Conner pulled him back from dancing on the star during the game, like Ju Ju was intending to do.

Look, it's not like it's some mystery that going and dancing on an opponent's logo is a sign of disrespect to that team and its fans. Dumb, juvenile move.

hawaiiansteel
12-16-2020, 03:42 PM
Uh, I did ... and I remarked that it was a good thing Conner pulled him back from dancing on the star during the game, like Ju Ju was intending to do.

Look, it's not like it's some mystery that going and dancing on an opponent's logo is a sign of disrespect to that team and its fans. Dumb, juvenile move.

I agree, it shows no class.

the Pittsburgh Steelers organization is better than that.

NorthCoast
12-16-2020, 05:34 PM
I agree, it shows no class.

the Pittsburgh Steelers organization is better than that.I agree... something you expect from Oakland..err, Las Vegas.

hawaiiansteel
12-16-2020, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshHg_sWyVo

SteelerOfDeVille
12-16-2020, 06:34 PM

now, the star - i'll admit that *I* had a problem with and i'm good with JuJu being a "kid" and enjoying life.

But, i'm pretty sure a cowboys player knocked the ball out of his hand before Conner even got to him. but, tomayto, tomahto in that case.

but, the whole idea of "disrespected me" and therefore, i will somehow magically turn into Joe Montana is ridiculous.

If Mike Tyson disrespected me, i could try all i want, but I'm still gonna take a whooping cause he's better.

What hawaiian says above about class, that I buy and agree with.
But the whole motivation thing is laughable..

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-17-2020, 02:08 PM
now, the star - i'll admit that *I* had a problem with and i'm good with JuJu being a "kid" and enjoying life.

But, i'm pretty sure a cowboys player knocked the ball out of his hand before Conner even got to him. but, tomayto, tomahto in that case.

but, the whole idea of "disrespected me" and therefore, i will somehow magically turn into Joe Montana is ridiculous.

If Mike Tyson disrespected me, i could try all i want, but I'm still gonna take a whooping cause he's better.

What hawaiian says above about class, that I buy and agree with.
But the whole motivation thing is laughable..

I agree with what you are saying. It is simply that when you do something like this you are shining a spotlight on yourself, and in a team sport asking your teammates to back it up. When you lose you just look like a jackass, when you win it is no big deal. I get the whole culture of players who push their own brand. Not a fan but I'm not a "get off my lawn" guy either. I liked most of Chad Johnson's celebrations, I liked the cell phones and sharpies. The difference on those is that it seems like something to boost your own profile, not a symbolic whipping out your d*** and pissing on the other team.

As far as the comparison to talking crap to Mike Tyson, when you do that then it is up to one person to back himself up against one person. With this, you are asking 52 others to back you up against 53 players on the other side, all because you wanted to push your image on tik tok.

feltdizz
12-17-2020, 02:29 PM
I agree with what you are saying. It is simply that when you do something like this you are shining a spotlight on yourself, and in a team sport asking your teammates to back it up. When you lose you just look like a jackass, when you win it is no big deal. I get the whole culture of players who push their own brand. Not a fan but I'm not a "get off my lawn" guy either. I liked most of Chad Johnson's celebrations, I liked the cell phones and sharpies. The difference on those is that it seems like something to boost your own profile, not a symbolic whipping out your d*** and pissing on the other team.

As far as the comparison to talking crap to Mike Tyson, when you do that then it is up to one person to back himself up against one person. With this, you are asking 52 others to back you up against 53 players on the other side, all because you wanted to push your image on tik tok.

hmm.. I don’t buy it.

every week players need all 52 teammates to help them win.

dancing on a logo, stepping on a towel..

none of that stuff puts added pressure on a team to perform well.

these are professional athletes and they have millions of reasons to perform well every week. a dance, quote, tweet, ect. doesn’t move the needle at all. its good for tv drama and superstition but we all know the plaus on the field, adjustments and execution are the reasons you win or lose.

No one is digging extra deep when they want to give up or they are exhausted because someone danced on a logo.

now during the game? Definitely. But 3 hours prior to kick off? Who cares.. thats not going to fire anyone up.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-17-2020, 02:57 PM
hmm.. I don’t buy it.

these are professional athletes and they have millions of reasons to perform well every week. a dance, quote, tweet, ect. doesn’t move the needle at all. its good for tv drama and superstition but we all know the plaus on the field, adjustments and execution are the reasons you win or lose.

No one is digging extra deep when they want to give up or they are exhausted because someone danced on a logo.

now during the game? Definitely. But 3 hours prior to kick off? Who cares.. thats not going to fire anyone up.

I agree it has no impact on the game itself, but if you lose the game you look like an idiot. Then you, your teammates, your coach have to answer questions like "The Bills talked about how much...." or "What impact do you think......." and eventually they get tired of it and will resent the player for always having to answer for you.

BURGH86STEEL
12-17-2020, 03:02 PM

Don't teams and players piss on other teams in various ways throughout the course of a season? Some times players and units celebrate. Some times teams blow out other teams. On the field trash talk.

I don't think any of the off or on the field antics really matters. That is unless players hurt the team via penalty.

Players won't be in the league very long if they are not self motivated.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Smith-Schuster To Continue Pregame Logo Dances: ‘I’m Not Going To Stop Being Myself’

By Dave Bryan
Posted on December 16, 2020

The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Cincinnati Bengals on the road Monday night and there’s a good chance that wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster will be doing his TikTok dancing on the opposition’s logo at Paul Brown Stadium way before that game gets underway.

On the heels of Smith-Schuster doing his pregame logo dance routine against the Buffalo Bills Sunday night, which seemingly gave some players on the opposition extra motivation, Smith-Schuster made it clear on Wednesday that he has no plans to stop his pregame routine.

“I’m not going to stop being myself,” Smith-Schuster said on Tuesday. “I’m going to be the JuJu I came into me. Authentic. TikTok is a new platform that I’ve used to touch my fans and grow. This is something that I’ve been doing since I started the season, midseason. I even did it on the Cowboys logo, so it’s not just their (the Bills) logo, but the Steelers logo, and I plan to just keep doing it. I’m just having fun, doing myself.”

So, there you go. Whether you approve or disapprove of Smith-Schuster dancing on the logo of opposing team’s prior to games, it doesn’t matter. He likes doing that and providing it as pregame content to his social media followers. As far as he’s concerned, players on the other teams can just get over it.

“Yes, we lost, (and) they had a few words to say and it is what is,” Smith-Schuster said Wednesday, “So, yeah, I’m not going to stop doing it.”

For whatever it’s worth, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin let it be known on Tuesday that he’s pretty much unfazed by Smith-Schuster’s pregame logo dance routine.

“You know, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Tomlin said when asked about Smith-Schuster’s Sunday night pregame logo dancing video. “That’s the first I’ve heard of that. You know, these are professional players. These guys are motivated each and every week. Sometimes they say things in an effort to provide, you know, a vision of motivation and things of that nature, but I doubt, knowing the group that coaches that team, Sean McDermott, I’m sure that they were motivated in all the proper ways and that had very little relevance in terms of how the game was played.”

We’ll now wait and see what happens Monday night in Cincinnati prior to the game against the Bengals getting underway. At this point, you have to know a few Bengals players are well-aware of what Smith-Schuster is likely to do. Will one or more attempt to prevent Smith-Schuster from dancing on the Bengals midfield logo Monday night during pregame warm-ups? Might we have some pregame fireworks? We’ll see.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/smith-schuster-to-continue-pregame-logo-dances-im-not-going-to-stop-being-myself/

Northern_Blitz
12-17-2020, 03:21 PM
I agree it has no impact on the game itself, but if you lose the game you look like an idiot. Then you, your teammates, your coach have to answer questions like "The Bills talked about how much...." or "What impact do you think......." and eventually they get tired of it and will resent the player for always having to answer for you.

This is basically how I feel about it too.

Important only because of the narrative it creates after the game.

And no real reason to do it in the 1st place.

flippy
12-17-2020, 03:33 PM
This is basically how I feel about it too.

Important only because of the narrative it creates after the game.

And no real reason to do it in the 1st place.

The way I look at it is why does JuJu do it?

Best I can come up with is why do people take pictures of landmarks or food or anything else?

I think it's the same reason. To show people you were there and to have a memory to look back on.

In this case, what better place to have a video than right smack dab in the middle of the field. Non players wouldn't likely have that access. It's unique. It's just a photo/video collection of places JuJu's been. Every kid that plays a sport dreams of being on the field or in lots of different stadiums.

Maybe the whole point is innocent fun.

Now if he was dropping his pants and leaving a present on the field for someone to clean up, that would be totally unacceptable.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2020, 03:36 PM

my question would be why does Tomlin allow it?

flippy
12-17-2020, 03:46 PM
my question would be why does Tomlin allow it?

Why should Tomlin care?

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Why should Tomlin care?

I don't think allowing one individual to disrespect our opponents before games sheds a positive light on the Steelers organization.

NorthCoast
12-17-2020, 05:06 PM
I'd prefer JJSS embarrass the other team on the field during the game... that's the way to make a statement.

Northern_Blitz
12-17-2020, 05:51 PM

Best I can come up with is why do people take pictures of landmarks or food or anything else?

I think it's the same reason. To show people you were there and to have a memory to look back on.

In this case, what better place to have a video than right smack dab in the middle of the field. Non players wouldn't likely have that access. It's unique. It's just a photo/video collection of places JuJu's been. Every kid that plays a sport dreams of being on the field or in lots of different stadiums.

Maybe the whole point is innocent fun.

Now if he was dropping his pants and leaving a present on the field for someone to clean up, that would be totally unacceptable.

The average salary of someone with 1M subs on Youtube (what JuJu has) is apparently ~ $60k.

https://contentcareer.com/blog/average-salary-of-a-youtuber-with-1-million-subscribers/#:~:text=Now%20let's%20say%20they%20uploaded,subsc ribers%20is%20%2457%2C200%20per%20year.

Maybe it's a similar amount of money on Tik Tok too?

And that's just direct revenue. Building a "brand" like JuJu has will probably also lead to other endorsements.

It's not too much compared to an NFL salary, but my guess is that most NFLers have a bunch of hangers on. And something like this pays for them without hurting the player's bottom line.

It's almost certainly a business decision on JuJu's part.

And while it probably has a small negative impact on the team, teams have been telling players that it's just a business for a long time. So it's not surprising that players treat it that way too IMO.

There's probably something about narcissism too.

LordVile
12-17-2020, 06:58 PM
yeah, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care and has been doing it for a lot longer than last game.

I predicted a while back when everyone loved JuJu that eventually fans would turn on him.

Its all fun and lighthearted until you lose a game or 3 or have a video dancing and then we end up losing the game.

dancing on a logo.. thats what helped us lose this game? c’mon.

I bet some of those Bills didn’t even see it when it happened but after the game someone asked them about it and they all go “yeah, that motivated us”

you're "PRETTY SURE or flat out wrong?? i'll do with wrong.

just before the bills came out of the tunnel Allen gave them alittle speech about JUJU's clown dance.. no one asked him.

time to GROW UP and respect your opponents. he's acting like a 12 year old GIRL out there begging for attention,

Cowher would never put up with this. T.O. got suspended a game when he did it. I hope someone smashes JUJU and teaches him a lesson..

what an attention seeking CLOWN. of course it isn't the reason we lost but we got the makings of another AB diva..

I hope he signs elsewhere next year.

LordVile
12-17-2020, 07:24 PM
hmm.. I don’t buy it.

STOP IT bro..

when teams trash the terrible towel, I see our players speak about it and get fired up. Cowher would never allow this childish behavior.

stop making excuses for the BABY attention wh*re

ppl like you are the problem, you caudle this clown behavior. time to MAN UP and focus

flippy
12-17-2020, 07:34 PM
I don't think allowing one individual to disrespect our opponents before games sheds a positive light on the Steelers organization.

I guess I don't see Juju disrespecting anyone. Just a kid having fun and living his dream of being an NFLer.

I see your point if he's intentionally disrespecting and that's why I originally made the ridiculous point of him not taking a dump in the middle of the field. :)

flippy
12-17-2020, 07:38 PM

Maybe that's true to.

It's kinda my initial gut reaction when I hear something like this and a report sways me, but then the logical side of my head reminds me 99.9% are just reasonable humans trying to have fun until they die and we sometimes (especially media - traditional and social) try to make something out of nothing.

Who knows? I'm usually naive in search of the perpetual silver lining in everything.

Buzz
12-17-2020, 09:04 PM
I guess I don't see Juju disrespecting anyone. Just a kid having fun and living his dream of being an NFLer.

I see your point if he's intentionally disrespecting and that's why I originally made the ridiculous point of him not taking a dump in the middle of the field. :)

I don't know what Ju Ju's intent is, but some opponents take it as disrespectful, just as we would if someone wiped their feet on the Terrible Towel. I would think our veteran players & coaching staff would be emphasizing that we don't need anyone pulling another Anthony Smith.

Mr.wizard
12-17-2020, 09:14 PM
If you think this had any part in losing the last two games you are out of your mind. He just does a fun little dance before the game, it is completely harmless.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2020, 10:03 PM
He just does a fun little dance before the game, it is completely harmless.

if it's just a fun harmless little dance, then why does it have to be on the other team's logo?

feltdizz
12-17-2020, 10:05 PM
STOP IT bro..

when teams trash the terrible towel, I see our players speak about it and get fired up. Cowher would never allow this childish behavior.

stop making excuses for the BABY attention wh*re

ppl like you are the problem, you caudle this clown behavior. time to MAN UP and focus

lmao.. everyone always tries to use the last coach as some type of threat.

feltdizz
12-17-2020, 10:23 PM
The average salary of someone with 1M subs on Youtube (what JuJu has) is apparently ~ $60k.

https://contentcareer.com/blog/average-salary-of-a-youtuber-with-1-million-subscribers/#:~:text=Now%20let's%20say%20they%20uploaded,subsc ribers%20is%20%2457%2C200%20per%20year.

Maybe it's a similar amount of money on Tik Tok too?

And that's just direct revenue. Building a "brand" like JuJu has will probably also lead to other endorsements.

It's not too much compared to an NFL salary, but my guess is that most NFLers have a bunch of hangers on. And something like this pays for them without hurting the player's bottom line.

It's almost certainly a business decision on JuJu's part.

And while it probably has a small negative impact on the team, teams have been telling players that it's just a business for a long time. So it's not surprising that players treat it that way too IMO.

I met 2 women who were on some reality show called Bad Girls Club season who knows.. but anyway, they were talking about a Carolina player they met at the club and how he had less followers than they had and they laughed about it and deleted his contact. 2 broke chicks laughing at an athlete who probably made millions because of his lack of followers.

So yeah, this isn’t just about the money from Youtube, I’m sure when discussing any branding opportunities he uses his millions of followers to help negotiate a deal. Its an easy way to directly market any product to 1 million followers

and thats where the real money comes in because companies are always trying to directly tap into a pipeline that already has loyalty and trust.

feltdizz
12-17-2020, 10:34 PM

just before the bills came out of the tunnel Allen gave them alittle speech about JUJU's clown dance.. no one asked him.

time to GROW UP and respect your opponents. he's acting like a 12 year old GIRL out there begging for attention,

Cowher would never put up with this. T.O. got suspended a game when he did it. I hope someone smashes JUJU and teaches him a lesson..

what an attention seeking CLOWN. of course it isn't the reason we lost but we got the makings of another AB diva..

did he give another speech right before the pick 6 and at half time too?

I sure didn’t see anything before the pick 6 that told me that speech and the dancing fired them up before the game.

Buffalo was the better team that night and the dancing played no part in the end result.

We lost to a 9-3 team in their house. It happens. Its not because Josh said “let them do the talking and dancing.. we do the work” before they took the field. Every team tries the “protect this house” speech before a home game.

Buzz
12-17-2020, 11:51 PM
If you think this had any part in losing the last two games you are out of your mind. He just does a fun little dance before the game, it is completely harmless.

I don't know that it had any part in losing the last two games, but why would the team want to take the chance?

feltdizz
12-18-2020, 12:29 AM
I don't know that it had any part in losing the last two games, but why would the team want to take the chance?

The whole team didn’t dance but it worked for the first 5 games so maybe he didn’t want to jinx the team?

Its hilarious how the last fee weeks of bad football have fans combing for anything besides the obvious as a reason we have struggled.

NJ-STEELER
12-18-2020, 12:59 AM

its becoming really odd.
first there were posters here claiming tuiits tweet wouldnt have any effect on Baltimore players.

now we actually have a quote
From a bills player saying it ticked them off.

but we shouldn’t believe that. We should believe what some random message board posters thinks motivates players.

all righty then

Steel Maniac
12-18-2020, 01:07 AM
its becoming really odd.
first there were posters here claiming tuiits tweet wouldnt have any effect on Baltimore players.

but we shouldn’t believe that. We should believe what some random message board posters thinks motivates players.

all righty then

Because it's a pattern; Tuitt shooting off his mouth on social media, Juju taunting the opponent by dancing on their logo...who's responsible for all these antics? Why do these antics constantly persist on this team? You can't blame AB anymore, can't blame Bell anymore. Who is responsible when the players on this team continue to do and say stupid things on social media and act out antics before games??

hawaiiansteel
12-18-2020, 01:51 AM
Because it's a pattern; Tuitt shooting off his mouth on social media, Juju taunting the opponent by dancing on their logo...who's responsible for all these antics? Why do these antics constantly persist on this team? You can't blame AB anymore, can't blame Bell anymore. Who is responsible when the players on this team continue to do and say stupid things on social media and act out antics before games??

you seem so much happier now that we've lost.

you had to wait a long time, huh?

LordVile
12-18-2020, 03:36 AM
lmao.. everyone always tries to use the last coach as some type of threat.
Harrison and half a million thousands hunbreds brilllions are mad.. i wonder why?

i like when others clown u

LordVile
12-18-2020, 03:38 AM

tomlin is olbivious to this child selfish. bitcch behavior.. JUJU is the leaders of this crap.. we're fkd

flippy
12-18-2020, 05:25 AM
I don't know what Ju Ju's intent is, but some opponents take it as disrespectful, just as we would if someone wiped their feet on the Terrible Towel. I would think our veteran players & coaching staff would be emphasizing that we don't need anyone pulling another Anthony Smith.

Lets say there was bad intent with Juju. IÂ’d still say it probably doesnÂ’t matter and is just something for fans to complain about.

GuyÂ’s performance impacts their ability to keep collecting million dollar checks. This is a profession and IÂ’m sure these are things that most donÂ’t have time to even think about.

ItÂ’s like a WWE story line. We need a good guy and a bad guy in every situation and the majority of us need to see the good guy win or get vindicated in the future and make a comeback. How can justice prevail? Will Mike T bring the hammer down on Juju? Will the evil Juju devise another clever scheme to dance on a logo next week?

Is this football or the summary of the movie Footloose? Maybe Juju can teach Ben to dance with him. Maybe they need to cross the state line and go to OH to dance. Hmmm.

Seriously, I get sucked into the drama. And I took out my frustration on ASmith when Tom Brady beat us. It was easier getting mad at ASmith for costing us the game rather than accepting that the Pats were better than us. Just like the Bills are a much better team than us at this point.

I also understand how easy it is to be drawn to complain about stuff the older we get. ItÂ’s also a way to socially signal to other fuddy duddies that weÂ’re virtuous abd above this and make ourselves feel better about our choices in life. I can feel proud I never danced in a logo when I played ball back in the day. I should be out there now and IÂ’d show these kids how to be respectful because I live a perfect life, etc.

ItÂ’s so easy to get sucked into a negative reaction and I get easily sucked in. ItÂ’s a little crazy we care when you take a step back. Ahhh, the logic in being a fanatic. :)

Mr.wizard
12-18-2020, 06:44 AM
its becoming really odd.

all righty then

Who cares if it ticked them off, why does that matter? Funny they didnt seem that motivated by it in the first half when Allen was running for his life.

BURGH86STEEL
12-18-2020, 06:47 AM
Because it's a pattern; Tuitt shooting off his mouth on social media, Juju taunting the opponent by dancing on their logo...who's responsible for all these antics? Why do these antics constantly persist on this team? You can't blame AB anymore, can't blame Bell anymore. Who is responsible when the players on this team continue to do and say stupid things on social media and act out antics before games??Fail in your attempt to blame the HC. Individuals are responsible for their own actions.

It's hard to believe how much people want to make out of the chatting and dancing that happened. Players talk trash. Players dance and celebrate after making plays or TDs. Some people don't care, some people don't like it, some people enjoy it, and some make more of it than is necessary. I don't think players perform better or play harder because of the dancing, celebrating, or trash talk.

Oh and we still don't have a head coaching problem. I guess it's important for you to try and point that out.

Northern_Blitz
12-18-2020, 06:55 AM
Fail in your attempt to blame the HC. Individuals are responsible for their own actions.

It's hard to believe how much people want to make out of the chatting and dancing that happened. Players talk trash. Players dance and celebrate after making plays or TDs. Some people don't care, some people don't like it, some people enjoy it, and some make more of it than is necessary. I don't think players perform better or play harder because of the dancing, celebrating, or trash talk.

Oh and we still don't have a head coaching problem. I guess it's important for you to try and point that out.

This.

Fix the between the whistles stuff.

The rest is mostly noise.

Northern_Blitz
12-18-2020, 06:57 AM

TO did it during a game.

Juju did it before a game in warm up.

It's nowhere close to the same thing.

And you might get your wish and we lose our most consistent skill player due to cap concerns.

feltdizz
12-18-2020, 08:39 AM
This.

Fix the between the whistles stuff.

The rest is mostly noise.

Its hard for people to accept that their QB outplayed ours and thats the main reason why we lost.

feltdizz
12-18-2020, 08:47 AM
Fail in your attempt to blame the HC. Individuals are responsible for their own actions.

The only consistent thing is football players doing what football players do.

this didn’t start with Tomlin. We just have twitter and more cameras watching players.

Joey Porter got tossed an hour before a game for fighting. Trash talk, taunting, etc.. its not new or some Tomlin invention.

NJ-STEELER
12-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Who cares if it ticked them off, why does that matter? Funny they didnt seem that motivated by it in the first half when Allen was running for his life.

at least they had the coaches to make the proper adjustments

BURGH86STEEL
12-18-2020, 02:06 PM

You mean players that performed better right? Games generally boil down to execution. I can point those out for you.

feltdizz
12-18-2020, 02:22 PM

Buffalo coaches.. “hey Josh, throw it to your best WR.”

Steeler coaches.. “Ben, throw it to the other team”

BURGH86STEEL
12-18-2020, 07:14 PM

this didn’t start with Tomlin. We just have twitter and more cameras watching players.

Joey Porter got tossed an hour before a game for fighting. Trash talk, taunting, etc.. its not new or some Tomlin invention.
It says something about people that like to push certain agendas when they name a handful of players out of the hundreds that played under Tomlin as the standard of negativity.

Ever team has players that act up from time to time for whatever reason. Some people like to use NE as the standard. Even NE had their owner, HC, QB, and players go astray.

feltdizz
12-18-2020, 08:26 PM
It says something about people that like to push certain agendas when they name a handful of players out of the hundreds that played under Tomlin as the standard of negativity.

Ever team has players that act up from time to time for whatever reason. Some people like to use NE as the standard. Even NE had their owner, HC, QB, and players go astray.

NE is the craziest of all of them when it comes to pointing out what a team will tolerate.

Tom’s wedding shootout in south america

coke dealing safety

crazy murdering TE

but yeah, they know how to control their players and don’t tolerate any of that nonsense.

hawaiiansteel
12-18-2020, 08:43 PM

Steel Maniac has been waiting since the beginning of the season to trash Tomlin, us losing was the opportunity he was looking for.

Steel Maniac
12-18-2020, 09:31 PM

Nope...

I asked an open question to you. I didn’t name any names. I wanted you to answer it honestly and you immediately assumed I was hitting at Tomlin.

I’ll ask you again...
In your opinion, who is responsible for those things??

Steel Maniac
12-18-2020, 09:33 PM
tomlin is olbivious to this child selfish. bitcch behavior.. JUJU is the leaders of this crap.. we're fkd

Then juju needs for someone to pull him aside.

Captain Lemming
12-18-2020, 10:26 PM

Chargers find beat in Steelers' rap video

PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers had it all figured out. This game was a formality. A nuisance. The Chargers? No problem, thank you.

After practice one day last week, a handful of Steelers got together and practiced the song they would perform on their Super Bowl rap video.

When a reporter from Baltimore asked a Steelers official for an interview with quarterback Neil O'Donnell, he was told, "You can talk to him at the Super Bowl."

Sure, the players and coaches all tried to say the right things. Compliment the Chargers. Act worried.

But it didn't work.

"We knew exactly what they thought of us, which was not much," San Diego defensive end Chris Mims said yesterday after the Chargers had rallied to beat the Steelers, 17-13, in the AFC championship game at Three Rivers Stadium. "I mean, the video thing said it all, didn't it? I could understand them having it in the back of their minds, but to talk about it publicly, man, that was a total slap. That was all we needed to hear."

NJ-STEELER
12-19-2020, 06:30 AM
You mean players that performed better right? Games generally boil down to execution. I can point those out for you.

I can point out where Buffalo adjusted their game after the 2nd half and easily won from there.

mor you can just watch it again if you like

NJ-STEELER
12-19-2020, 06:33 AM
Buffalo coaches.. “hey Josh, throw it to your best WR.”

Steeler coaches.. “Ben, throw it to the other team”

but yet you’re praising him like allah when they’re 11-0.

Responsible for all the wins but he’s Teflon tommy when there’s a loss and he’s clearly out coached

feltdizz
12-19-2020, 07:02 AM
but yet you’re praising him like allah when they’re 11-0.

Responsible for all the wins but he’s Teflon tommy when there’s a loss and he’s clearly out coached

please link to these post where I praised Tomlin for being 11-0 this year.

I know its been a hard year waiting 13 games to go into bitch mode but at least have some honesty and dignity.

BURGH86STEEL
12-19-2020, 10:31 AM
Nope...

I asked an open question to you. I didn’t name any names. I wanted you to answer it honestly and you immediately assumed I was hitting at Tomlin.

I’ll ask you again...

The individuals.

BURGH86STEEL
12-19-2020, 10:33 AM
I can point out where Buffalo adjusted their game after the 2nd half and easily won from there.

I can point out the execution of the plan which is more obvious.

Mr.wizard
12-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Nope...

I’ll ask you again...

Read the first sentence of his response, it clearly answers your question. Also this isn't a behavior that needs correcting, I actually like it.

Mr.wizard
12-19-2020, 12:31 PM

Wasn't the adjustments that killed us, it was our offenses lack of execution that killed us. Their inability to get first downs simply wore our defense out.

hawaiiansteel
12-19-2020, 03:48 PM

Cowher must have allowed that.

NorthCoast
12-19-2020, 05:49 PM
STEELERS NEWSBengals S Vonn Bell On JuJu Smith-Schuster’s Dancing: ‘You’ve Got To Go Out There And Hit Him And Let Him Know Where He Stands’ Like I said, regardless of what fans think of the dancing, making yourself a target of the opponent is just plain stupid.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/bengals-s-vonn-bell-on-juju-smith-schusters-dancing-youve-got-to-go-out-there-and-hit-him-and-let-him-know-where-he-stands/

feltdizz
12-19-2020, 06:52 PM
Like I said, regardless of what fans think of the dancing, making yourself a target of the opponent is just plain stupid.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/bengals-s-vonn-bell-on-juju-smith-schusters-dancing-youve-got-to-go-out-there-and-hit-him-and-let-him-know-where-he-stands/

some players thrive off being a “target”

I remember an NFL defensive player writing a to ESPN back when they had page 2 and after every paragraph he would say “and someone is going to light Hines Ward up one day”

it was hilarious but it was also an instance where it showed players try to make other players targets for various reasons.

the same guys saying JuJu is a target may play undisciplined football in an attempt to get him which leads to a mistake.

these things aren’t serious at all. Its just a little trash talk and head games used by players.

hopefully these next few weeks have JuJu getting more attention and Claypool benefits from the extra attention.

BURGH86STEEL
12-19-2020, 07:11 PM
Like I said, regardless of what fans think of the dancing, making yourself a target of the opponent is just plain stupid.

Players are targets of the opposition whether they celebrate or not. Teams are targets when they have success.

This the age we live in where everyone is overly sensitive and wants to make a big deal out of everything. The older dudes forgot what it was like to be young and have fun. Juju is just a young man that likes to have fun. At the end of the day his pregame ritual doesn't mean anything.

If the opposition is thinking about his pregame ritual then maybe it gets the opposition out of their game? I don't believe that's how it works but just sayin.

Players and teams are going to perform or not perform regardless of what happens on or off the field or what's said on or off the field. They are professional athletes.

No one would even be talking about this if the Steelers had a losing record.

NorthCoast
12-19-2020, 11:52 PM
Players are targets of the opposition whether they celebrate or not. Teams are targets when they have success.

This the age we live in where everyone is overly sensitive and wants to make a big deal out of everything. The older dudes forgot what it was like to be young and have fun. Juju is just a young man that likes to have fun. At the end of the day his pregame ritual doesn't mean anything.

If the opposition is thinking about his pregame ritual then maybe it gets the opposition out of their game? I don't believe that's how it works but just sayin.

Players and teams are going to perform or not perform regardless of what happens on or off the field or what's said on or off the field. They are professional athletes.

No one would even be talking about this if the Steelers had a losing record.....again you completely dismiss emotional side of sports.

High-performance athletes claim that 90% of their success comes from mental training and ability. In professional sports, there aren’t huge differences between athletes in terms of potential, training, or physical ability. The determining factors of success, therefore, lie in the psychological realm.

LordVile
12-20-2020, 12:03 AM
TO did it during a game.

Juju did it before a game in warm up.

It's nowhere close to the same thing.

And you might get your wish and we lose our most consistent skill player due to cap concerns.

he tried to do it against dallas but conner was smart enuff to stop him.. so yes, it's the same thing he attempted. good riddance. another AB attention monger that we don't need. he's gona be a cancer and corrupt Claypool.. i do hope he will be someone else's problem next year.. he can be our cheerleader perhaps!! haaa

BURGH86STEEL
12-20-2020, 01:21 AM
....again you completely dismiss emotional side of sports.
Psychological realm is different than the emotional realm.

Steel Maniac
12-20-2020, 03:30 AM

agreed..............

Steel Maniac
12-20-2020, 05:24 AM
Psychological realm is different than the emotional realm.

They all tie together. That's the point. People are not robots; at this level of sport, the little things separate winners and loser. Such as emotion/motivation/focus. These kinds of antics before a game causes the opponent to re-focus on the job at hand. We don't need this.

Captain Lemming
12-20-2020, 08:54 AM

To which Juju says...BRING IT!

https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572fef44aa49ec323e813b06d2d9.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/1140x_a10-7_cTC/20171204pdSteelers21-1569544804.jpg
https://tenor.com/view/vontaze-burfict-juju-smith-gif-10448744

flippy
12-20-2020, 09:12 AM
some players thrive off being a “target”

I remember an NFL defensive player writing a to ESPN back when they had page 2 and after every paragraph he would say “and someone is going to light Hines Ward up one day”

it was hilarious but it was also an instance where it showed players try to make other players targets for various reasons.

the same guys saying JuJu is a target may play undisciplined football in an attempt to get him which leads to a mistake.

these things aren’t serious at all. Its just a little trash talk and head games used by players.

hopefully these next few weeks have JuJu getting more attention and Claypool benefits from the extra attention.

Great point.

Reminds me of Joey Porter talking trash about his Huckleberry leading up to XL. The media focus was all on Porter instead of a young 2nd year QB.

Sometimes these misdirections by players getting the media to focus on one thing instead of another is a good thing.

Take pressure off the OL, RBs, QB, injuries, etc. Juju’s gonna be fine. And Tomlin is smart enough, he woulda called him out if he needed to.

There’s a way to play the media and fans to your advantage. PR is often a sleight of hand.

Captain Lemming
12-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Juju dont fear no retribution....HE IS retribution!

https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572fef44aa49ec323e813b06d2d9.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.c om/1140x_a10-7_cTC/20171204pdSteelers21-1569544804.jpg

feltdizz
12-20-2020, 09:24 AM
To which Juju says...BRING IT!

https://tenor.com/view/vontaze-burfict-juju-smith-gif-10448744

JuJu’s been a target ever since that hit. Dancing surely isn’t what has the Bengals wanting to take his head off.

BURGH86STEEL
12-20-2020, 09:56 AM
They all tie together. That's the point. People are not robots; at this level of sport, the little things separate winners and loser. Such as emotion/motivation/focus. These kinds of antics before a game causes the opponent to re-focus on the job at hand. We don't need this.

I exercise 3 to 5 times a week. It's a phycological state of mind to exercise for my health. My exercise regime has little to do with my emotional state of mind.

My wife is a distance runner. She can out run me long distance regardless of my "fired up" emotional state at the beginning of the race. My "fire up" emotional state will allow me to believe I can win. Her life long training and preparation shows me that she's the boss in long distance running.

"Fired up" emotional states in sports are unstainable. The psychology of preparation and training is what matters. Players can be "fire up" for whatever reasons they deem necessary. What gets them through when they are tired, struggling, ect is the preparation and training.

Did the antics before the game cause the Bills to refocus or did the antics take the Bills out of their game? I choose to believe the dancing didn't matter one way or the other. Players were not thinking about Juju's dancing when they were out on the field.

Both teams came to play. The team that made the least amount of mistakes and executed better won the game.

NorthCoast
12-20-2020, 11:53 AM
I exercise 3 to 5 times a week. It's a phycological state of mind to exercise for my health. My exercise regime has little to do with my emotional state of mind.

My wife is a distance runner. She can out run me long distance regardless of my "fired up" emotional state at the beginning of the race. My "fire up" emotional state will allow me to believe I can win. Her life long training and preparation shows me that she's the boss in long distance running.

"Fired up" emotional states in sports are unstainable. The psychology of preparation and training is what matters. Players can be "fire up" for whatever reasons they deem necessary. What gets them through when they are tired, struggling, ect is the preparation and training.

Did the antics before the game cause the Bills to refocus or did the antics take the Bills out of their game? I choose to believe the dancing didn't matter one way or the other. Players were not thinking about Juju's dancing when they were out on the field.

Both teams came to play. The team that made the least amount of mistakes and executed better won the game.

Emotions are at the top of the Prime Sport Pyramid (above motivation, confidence, intensity, and focus) because they will ultimately dictate how you perform throughout a competition.

You perform your best by feeling, not by thinking. When I talk about feeling, I’m referring to two types of feelings.

First, your physical feelings. To perform your best, you must feel physically ready. The foundation of that physical feeling is being fit and healthy (no illness or injuries). That comes from being committed to your conditioning program, eating healthily, and getting enough sleep.

On the day of a competition, that physical feeling involves being warmed up, having your muscles primed and firing, and being at your ideal intensity—whether relaxed, a bit fired up, or fires blazing—as you enter the field of play.

The second feeling I’m referring to are your emotions. I believe that emotions are the real fuel that propels you to outstanding athletic performance. It’s so important that you generate emotions that power you rather than hold you back. Emotions that can act as an anchor can include fear, anxiety, frustration, disappointment, sadness, and despair. All of these negative emotions hurt you mentally (e.g., causing doubt, worry, and distractions) and physically (e.g., muscle tension, racing heart, too much or not enough adrenaline, choppy breathing), and prevent you from performing your best.

You want to identify the emotions that make you perform your best. Most often, it’s positive emotions, such happiness, contentment, joy, excitement, pride, and inspiration, that produce great athletic performances. At the same time, some negative emotions can also be effective fuel for your engine. Anger, for example, can be serious rocket fuel for performing your best, though I don’t recommend it because it just doesn’t feel good. So, you want to figure out what emotions make you perform your best and do everything you can to generate those emotions on the day of a competition
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-power-prime/201801/great-sports-performance-is-about-feelings-0

BURGH86STEEL
12-20-2020, 12:49 PM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-power-prime/201801/great-sports-performance-is-about-feelings-0
I don't believe Juju's antics had any impact on the outcome of the game. There isn't any proof to suggest his antics had an impact one way or the other.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-20-2020, 03:39 PM
....again you completely dismiss emotional side of sports.

There was a funny story about Jordan in the "Last Dance" documentary. I don't remember all the details but it went something like this:

The Bulls were playing a home and home against IIRC the Cavs. In the first game Jordan played awful and some rook kid went off against him for something like 30-something points. After the game Jordan was saying that the kid came over to him and kind of game him a sarcastic "nice game". Jordan was incensed. Teammates talked about how they'd never seen him so pissed. The next night he went off on this kid for the same 30-something points in the first half alone. He called for the ball at every turn and made it his personal mission to abuse and embarrass the kid. He absolutely humiliated him.

The funny part? Jordan later admitted that the kid did not actually make the comment that supposedly pissed him off so much. :D

hawaiiansteel
12-20-2020, 03:46 PM
James Skalski says Clemson was motivated by Notre Dame trash talk

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports
Last updated 12/20/20

Clemson beating Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game on Saturday was extraordinarily satisfying for James Skalski.

Skalski had five tackles and a sack in the Tigers’ 34-10 bulldozing of the Fighting Irish. The senior linebacker missed some games this season due to a groin injury and did not play in the first meeting between Clemson and Notre Dame, which the Tigers lost.

Skalski said after Saturday’s win that he and Trevor Lawrence, who also did not play in the first game, remember the feeling of giddy Notre Dame fans celebrating last time. He also said that Notre Dame’s talk in the week leading up to this game motivated them.

What kind of talk bothered Skalski? Maybe a quote from Notre Dame quarterback Ian Book, who talked about silencing people with a win.

That obviously didn’t happen, as Clemson won the rematch handily. Now Notre Dame will have to wait and see whether they make the playoff. At least one Clemson member has their back.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/james_skalski_says_clemson_was_motivated_by_notre_ dame_trash_talk/s1_127_33614738

Captain Lemming
12-20-2020, 04:26 PM
You know what you NEVER SEE?
All the times disrespected teams get smoked.
It happens ALL THE TIME!!!

Had the Steelers won...nobody even notices what Juju did.

Article says he did it all season.
How were we the last undefeated team if Juju's antics are the kiss of death?

feltdizz
12-20-2020, 04:40 PM

exactly.. every team who wins has 30 guys with stories about being disrespected by their opponent or their fans.

feltdizz
12-20-2020, 04:44 PM
James Skalski says Clemson was motivated by Notre Dame trash talk

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports
Last updated 12/20/20

Clemson beating Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game on Saturday was extraordinarily satisfying for James Skalski.

Skalski had five tackles and a sack in the Tigers’ 34-10 bulldozing of the Fighting Irish. The senior linebacker missed some games this season due to a groin injury and did not play in the first meeting between Clemson and Notre Dame, which the Tigers lost.

Skalski said after Saturday’s win that he and Trevor Lawrence, who also did not play in the first game, remember the feeling of giddy Notre Dame fans celebrating last time. He also said that Notre Dame’s talk in the week leading up to this game motivated them.

What kind of talk bothered Skalski? Maybe a quote from Notre Dame quarterback Ian Book, who talked about silencing people with a win.

That obviously didn’t happen, as Clemson won the rematch handily. Now Notre Dame will have to wait and see whether they make the playoff. At least one Clemson member has their back.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/james_skalski_says_clemson_was_motivated_by_notre_ dame_trash_talk/s1_127_33614738

and if ND won you would hear tons of stories about how everyone thought the first game was a fluke.

but here is the thing, Trevor Lawrence is good, really, really good and the LB is the leader of their D. So I think their actual talent and presence on the field had more to do with the win than anything ND said to the press.

I’m sure the rest of the Clemson team felt disrespected in the first matchup when people picked ND because Trevor was out.

NJ-STEELER
12-20-2020, 09:27 PM

how many good teams have they played on the road?

feltdizz
12-21-2020, 01:27 PM
how many good teams have they played on the road?

Wouldn’t that mean its the talent level and not the taunting that determines the outcome of games?

Northern_Blitz
12-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Wouldn’t that mean its the talent level and not the taunting that determines the outcome of games?

It's obviously terrible coaching. :p :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
12-21-2020, 02:10 PM
It's obviously terrible coaching. :p :stirpot

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/44163134.jpg

flippy
12-21-2020, 04:15 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/44163134.jpg

That looks like Unleash Hell face to me :)

SteelerOfDeVille
12-21-2020, 06:27 PM

yup. that's the point i was making a few pages ago with the mike tyson thing. either you're better or you're not. and trash talking doesn't change the fact that yer gonna take a butt-whippin

NJ-STEELER
12-21-2020, 07:19 PM

giving a good team extra motivation is always a good thing.
lol

flippy
12-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Juju danced on the Cincy logo.

im wearing my Juju jersey tonight.

let’s see who’s right.

Buzz
12-21-2020, 10:46 PM
It's obvious that Ju Ju's logo dance got the Bengals fired up tonight

you can see them firing off, especially when they hit Ju Ju

Steel Maniac
12-21-2020, 10:52 PM

Not according to some posters. :rolleyes:

feltdizz
12-21-2020, 10:57 PM

its not Ben and the offense..

its the dancing..

smh

NJ-STEELER
12-21-2020, 11:10 PM

worst part of all this BS is he has clay capturing the video. corrupting our level headed rookie

Steel Maniac
12-21-2020, 11:11 PM
worst part of all this BS is he has clay capturing the video. corrupting our level headed rookie

Yeah.......

hawaiiansteel
12-22-2020, 12:22 AM

let’s see who’s right.

that settles that argument...

Buzz
12-22-2020, 12:28 AM

its the dancing..

smh

Again, not saying Ju Ju's dance is the whole reason we lost, or even the major part of it

BUT

don't think you can argue that the Bengals weren't the more physical team tonight, from the starting whistle

who's to say they weren't charged up as a result of feeling disrespected

Again, if you're the veteran leaders on this team, or the head coach, why do you allow that to happen? So unnecessary and foolish

hawaiiansteel
12-22-2020, 12:35 AM
Again, not saying Ju Ju's dance is the whole reason we lost, or even the major part of it

BUT

don't think you can argue that the Bengals weren't the more physical team tonight, from the starting whistle

who's to say they weren't charged up as a result of feeling disrespected

Again, if you're the veteran leaders on this team, or the head coach, why do you allow that to happen? So unnecessary and foolish

I agree 100%, as a head coach I would never allow an individual to purposely disrespect the other team and provide extra motivation for them.

I hope Tomlin tells him to stop, it's not like it's motivating JuJu to play better.

3 receptions for 15 yards and a lost fumble when the Bengals clocked him.

NorthCoast
12-22-2020, 12:41 AM

Regardless of the effect it has on the opponent its bush league when you are losing games.

Think about it. If a Cleveland brown danced on the Steelers logo he would be a laughingstock (ok, up until this year anyway)

Buzz
12-22-2020, 12:45 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1341201630713266179

LordVile
12-22-2020, 02:01 AM

its the dancing..

smh

didnt' you see him fumble? the song he dances like a clown with has pure cuss words and N BOMBS. some role model for our YOUTH.. he's trash

LordVile
12-22-2020, 02:03 AM

let’s see who’s right.

you're WRONG.. haaaaaa

juju fumbling. soft

Buzz
12-22-2020, 02:03 AM
didnt' you see him fumble? the song he dances like a clown with has pure cuss words and N BOMBS. some role model for our YOUTH.. he's trash

I won't call him trash, but I think I'm OK with letting him go in free agency after this season

LordVile
12-22-2020, 02:04 AM

yup. he's becoming another AB CANCER and Tomlin needs to put an end to it.

flippy
12-22-2020, 07:44 AM
you're WRONG.. haaaaaa

juju fumbling. soft

you have been vindicated. congrats.

flippy
12-22-2020, 07:50 AM
that settles that argument...

yup. juju is to blame for the loss.

tomlin should be fired for allowing it.

claypool should be sent home for filming it.

and ben almost threw 10 INTs for supporting Juju.

this is a house of cards and tik tok was the only thing holding it all together.

the biggest disappointment is juju cost tomlin COTY and ben the MVP trophy.

oh well, back to unleashing hell and onwards to the next SuperBowl :)

Buzz
12-22-2020, 10:39 AM
oh well, back to unleashing hell and onwards to the next SuperBowl :)

:) Ebron's making Super Bowl reservations and Tuitt's already looking to pad his stats

can a new Ju Ju dance move be far behind?

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 10:46 AM
you're WRONG.. haaaaaa

juju fumbling. soft

he’s not soft but he got rocked..

That was on Ben though, maybe he did it on purpose to teach JuJu a lesson.

or maybe teams know we throw 0 yard routes on 3rd and 7?

congrats tho.. maybe next week he breaks a leg and you can really celebrate.

Chucktownsteeler
12-22-2020, 10:49 AM
JJSS can be the next Steeler turned NY Jet. He wants reunited with Darnold, don't let the door hit you.

Buzz
12-22-2020, 11:01 AM
Bengals' Vonn Bell says hit on JuJu Smith-Schuster gave Cincinnati 'so much energy' in upset win over Steelers

Bell had a huge hit on Smith-Schuster that set the tone for the Bengals

By Jeff Kerr

All Vonn Bell wanted to do was set the tone for the Cincinnati Bengals, a team that had lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 11 consecutive times (including the postseason). The Bengals safety had that opportunity in the first quarter against their AFC North rivals, planting Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster as he was coming across the middle of the field near midfield -- a microcosm of the Bengals' upset victory over the Steelers.

There was some added motivation toward hitting the Steelers wide receiver, who infamously dances on the opponent's midfield logo prior to road games.

"I seen 19," Bell said as he pointed out Smith-Schuster's number, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic. "I'm not a boastful guy, man. I just go out there and let my play do the talking. It just happened that it comes to that. I'm just playing football, man. Just going out there and trying to make a play."

Bell made some headlines leading up to the game with a message to Smith-Schuster if he danced on the midfield logo, calling the act "disrespectful" and saying the Bengals defense "had to hit him and let him know where he stands."

That hit clearly sparked the Bengals defense, as they allowed just 17 points and 244 yards in Monday's win over Pittsburgh. The Steelers finished just 4 for 16 on third down and were held to 3.9 yards per play. The Bengals defense went the first 12 games allowing over 300 yards in each game. The last two games have been under 275 yards, a sign of their late-season improvement.

"I felt our defense was playing with a ton of energy," Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said. "They were getting guys on the ground, and I didn't see many missed tackles...Our guys controlled the energy."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-vonn-bell-says-hit-on-juju-smith-schuster-gave-cincinnati-so-much-energy-in-upset-win-over-steelers/

flippy
12-22-2020, 11:06 AM
Juju got lit up on that play for sure. I am curious why there wasn't a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit on him?

Chucktownsteeler
12-22-2020, 11:09 AM
Juju got lit up on that play for sure. I am curious why there wasn't a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit on him?

I thought the same thing but no flag was thrown.

Buzz
12-22-2020, 11:23 AM

maybe the refs were sick of his dancing, too

j/k

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-22-2020, 01:09 PM
I am curious why there wasn't a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit on him?

First off I am not saying this as using reffing as an excuse for losing. The team has played like garbage the last 4 games and deserve the results. But.....

There was obvious H2H on that play. The long 4th Q pass to Claypool was also obvious PI that was not called. There have been numerous examples of both the last month or so but:

No mention on the broadcast of that being helmet to helmet, despite the fact that they showed the replay numerous times to see if it should have been a fumble.
Only mentioned well later the PI on Claypool.
Talked about how a Bengals incompletion should have been a hit to the head despite the fact that it was not and replay showed that.

Steeler receivers have been manhandled badly since the second half against Washington and there is a disturbing lack of flags on those plays.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-22-2020, 01:16 PM
First off I am not saying this as using reffing as an excuse for losing. The team has played like garbage the last 4 games and deserve the results. But.....

There was obvious H2H on that play. The long 4th Q pass to Claypool was also obvious PI that was not called. There have been numerous examples of both the last month or so but:

No mention on the broadcast of that being helmet to helmet, despite the fact that they showed the replay numerous times to see if it should have been a fumble.
Only mentioned well later the PI on Claypool.
Talked about how a Bengals incompletion should have been a hit to the head despite the fact that it was not and replay showed that.

Steeler receivers have been manhandled badly since the second half against Washington and there is a disturbing lack of flags on those plays.
they also mentioned the early contact on Ebron...

and in all fairness, it was helmet to facemask, which doesn't stand out as much. i don't think the commentators are biased - they just don't see it all like *we* do.... for example, why wasn't Watt's injury a block in the back?

NJ-STEELER
12-22-2020, 01:26 PM

on ben? lol right on cue

juju got 3 long stride feet down by the time he was contacted, that is not a suicide pass.

NJ-STEELER
12-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Bengals' Vonn Bell says hit on JuJu Smith-Schuster gave Cincinnati 'so much energy' in upset win over Steelers

Bell had a huge hit on Smith-Schuster that set the tone for the Bengals

By Jeff Kerr

All Vonn Bell wanted to do was set the tone for the Cincinnati Bengals, a team that had lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 11 consecutive times (including the postseason). The Bengals safety had that opportunity in the first quarter against their AFC North rivals, planting Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster as he was coming across the middle of the field near midfield -- a microcosm of the Bengals' upset victory over the Steelers.

There was some added motivation toward hitting the Steelers wide receiver, who infamously dances on the opponent's midfield logo prior to road games.

"I seen 19," Bell said as he pointed out Smith-Schuster's number, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic. "I'm not a boastful guy, man. I just go out there and let my play do the talking. It just happened that it comes to that. I'm just playing football, man. Just going out there and trying to make a play."

Bell made some headlines leading up to the game with a message to Smith-Schuster if he danced on the midfield logo, calling the act "disrespectful" and saying the Bengals defense "had to hit him and let him know where he stands."

That hit clearly sparked the Bengals defense, as they allowed just 17 points and 244 yards in Monday's win over Pittsburgh. The Steelers finished just 4 for 16 on third down and were held to 3.9 yards per play. The Bengals defense went the first 12 games allowing over 300 yards in each game. The last two games have been under 275 yards, a sign of their late-season improvement.

"I felt our defense was playing with a ton of energy," Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said. "They were getting guys on the ground, and I didn't see many missed tackles...Our guys controlled the energy."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-vonn-bell-says-hit-on-juju-smith-schuster-gave-cincinnati-so-much-energy-in-upset-win-over-steelers/

another actual NFL player that says this sparked his team.

or we can believe a couple of internet posters. lol

NJ-STEELER
12-22-2020, 01:29 PM

helmet to helmet can occur when the player is running with the ball, not deemed defenseless

if the defender lowered his head to strike with the helmet, then it should be a penalty. i don't recall if the bengals player did that or not

hawaiiansteel
12-22-2020, 02:18 PM
Mike Tomlin will talk to JuJu Smith-Schuster about pregame dancing

Posted by Josh Alper on December 22, 2020

Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster‘s fondness for filming pregame dance moves on the midfield logos of opposing teams has drawn negative reactions in recent weeks.

Bills safety Jordan Poyer said it gave the Buffalo defense “extra fire” and Bengals safety Vonn Bell called it “disrespectful” before blasting Smith-Schuster with a huge hit that resulted in a fumble in Monday night’s loss.

During a Tuesday video conference, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked about Smith-Schuster’s dancing. Tomlin said that he doesn’t think the wideout’s moves are “legitimate” motivation for what’s gone down on the field the last two weeks, but that he will “have a conversation” with Smith-Schuster.

Tomlin said that conversation would be about “respect” and we’ll have to wait a week to see if there’s a change to Smith-Schuster’s routine because the Steelers are at home against the Colts this Sunday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/22/mike-tomlin-will-talk-to-juju-smith-schuster-about-pregame-dancing/

NJ-STEELER
12-22-2020, 02:22 PM
tomlin gonna unleash hell on juju

flippy
12-22-2020, 02:32 PM
another actual NFL player that says this sparked his team.

or we can believe a couple of internet posters. lol

If NFLers are extra worried about getting Juju, that just means they're less worried about DJ, CC, JW, and everyone else.

Not that we have been able to take advantage :)

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 02:36 PM
If NFLers are extra worried about getting Juju, that just means they're less worried about DJ, CC, JW, and everyone else.

Not that we have been able to take advantage :)

we are so much better when our QB throws to the open guy and not the one who is triple covered.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-22-2020, 02:54 PM
helmet to helmet can occur when the player is running with the ball, not deemed defenseless

if the defender lowered his head to strike with the helmet, then it should be a penalty. i don't recall if the bengals player did that or not

Considering that the original call was an incomplete pass, and that the flag usually flies anytime it even looks close, should have been a flag there.

NorthCoast
12-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Not that we have been able to take advantage :)Look at the coverage to see who the defenses are worried about. It ain't DJ.

LordVile
12-22-2020, 05:19 PM

he had the ball and took 3 steps. stop making excuses for your cheerleader.
nah, he's okay for next week since we're playing at home. Tomlin gave him a spanking today so he can grow up. time out and no more video games, social media for the baby.

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 05:27 PM
nah, he's okay for next week since we're playing at home. Tomlin gave him a spanking today so he can grow up. time out and no more video games, social media for the baby.

I don’t are if he took 4 steps... he was hung out to dry.

I’m not even much of a JuJu fan as a #1 WR and have no problems with moving on from him unless we get a legit #1 so he can feast in the slot like he did his rookie year..

but this idea that JuJu is the reason our D can’t stop anyone or Ben can’t hit a guy 20 yards down field is laughable.

He isn’t the reason we are losing.

Steel Maniac
12-22-2020, 08:15 PM
Look at the coverage to see who the defenses are worried about. It ain't DJ.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30582637/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-tomlin-plans-talk-juju-smith-schuster-dancing-antics

hawaiiansteel
12-22-2020, 08:24 PM
I think JuJu will have a big game this week to make up for his TikTok gate.

feltdizz
12-22-2020, 08:26 PM
Tomlin..

I understand it's about the quality of play inside the white lines," Tomlin said. "I'm not seeking comfort or looking for excuses based on our recent performances on things that occur in pregame or things of that nature that are social media related."

Steel Maniac
12-22-2020, 09:36 PM

Let’s see what he does now before the Colts game.

MCHammer
12-22-2020, 09:39 PM
Only going to say this once and I'm sure others have said something similar already. I am disappointed in JuJu for acting selfishly, but I am more disappointed in Tomlin, Ben and the rest of the team for permitting it to continue.

JuJu's dancing is a small issue and not responsible in and of itself for this team's recent string of horrendous losses. He seems like a quality young man and is probably just having some fun. But he allowed himself to become a distraction and in doing so deliberately put himself and his own perceived interests above the team. It is particularly poor form to engage in this sort of thing during a time when the team is struggling in such an embarrassing fashion.

It wasn't that long ago where AB was considered a consummate team player and one of the hardest working receivers in football. Then his ego took hold and now look at him.

I was under the impression that after watching Bell and then AB's acrimonious departure, that Tomlin and the team had learned a hard lesson about letting this sort of thing go unaddressed. I thought we were done with the loose ship routine. Apparently, some people can't learn simple lessons.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-22-2020, 09:42 PM

Colts game is at home.

hawaiiansteel
12-22-2020, 09:49 PM

why, do you think Tomlin will permit him to fly to Indianapolis before the game to dance on their logo before returning home to play the game?

flippy
12-23-2020, 04:59 AM
why, do you think Tomlin will permit him to fly to Indianapolis before the game to dance on their logo before returning home to play the game?

I think that’s what they’re planning to discuss. ;)

hawaiiansteel
12-23-2020, 01:07 PM
I think that’s what they’re planning to discuss. ;)

yeah, they have to work out the flight schedules so JuJu is back in time to have Claypool film him dancing on our home logo also.

Sly
12-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Mike Tomlin will talk to JuJu Smith-Schuster about pregame dancing

Posted by Josh Alper on December 22, 2020

Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster‘s fondness for filming pregame dance moves on the midfield logos of opposing teams has drawn negative reactions in recent weeks.

Bills safety Jordan Poyer said it gave the Buffalo defense “extra fire” and Bengals safety Vonn Bell called it “disrespectful” before blasting Smith-Schuster with a huge hit that resulted in a fumble in Monday night’s loss.

During a Tuesday video conference, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked about Smith-Schuster’s dancing. Tomlin said that he doesn’t think the wideout’s moves are “legitimate” motivation for what’s gone down on the field the last two weeks, but that he will “have a conversation” with Smith-Schuster.

Tomlin said that conversation would be about “respect” and we’ll have to wait a week to see if there’s a change to Smith-Schuster’s routine because the Steelers are at home against the Colts this Sunday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/22/mike-tomlin-will-talk-to-juju-smith-schuster-about-pregame-dancing/

Below is Bengals safety Vonn Bell's response regarding the dance on the logo. It leaves little doubt about how he feels.

“It’s kind of disrespectful at the end of the day. But they’re on top right now so you can’t really say nothing right now,” “We just gotta go out there, between the lines, go out there and hit him and let him know where he stands.”

hawaiiansteel
12-28-2020, 01:27 PM
Postgame TikTok dance could be expensive for the Steelers

Curt Popejoy
December 28, 2020

The Pittsburgh Steelers celebrated their 12th win of the season and the AFC North crown on Sunday evening. After a huge comeback win, the Steelers players were elated and couldn’t hold back their emotions in the locker room. This included a group TikTok dance in honor of the win as well as a way of supporting wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster who took some heat for his pregame dances earlier in the season.

But this move could end up costing the Steelers. Basically what happened is the Steelers players put out a video openly violating COVID-19 protocol. According to Pittsburgh news anchor Josh Rowntree, this is just like the situation that cost the New Orleans Saints $500,000 and a seventh-round pick earlier in the season.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/28/steelers-postgame-tiktok-dane-fine-nfl/

NorthCoast
12-28-2020, 01:30 PM

Curt Popejoy
December 28, 2020

The Pittsburgh Steelers celebrated their 12th win of the season and the AFC North crown on Sunday evening. After a huge comeback win, the Steelers players were elated and couldn’t hold back their emotions in the locker room. This included a group TikTok dance in honor of the win as well as a way of supporting wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster who took some heat for his pregame dances earlier in the season.

But this move could end up costing the Steelers. Basically what happened is the Steelers players put out a video openly violating COVID-19 protocol. According to Pittsburgh news anchor Josh Rowntree, this is just like the situation that cost the New Orleans Saints $500,000 and a seventh-round pick earlier in the season.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/28/steelers-postgame-tiktok-dane-fine-nfl/Take it outa JJSS's game check.

feltdizz
12-28-2020, 01:33 PM

Curt Popejoy
December 28, 2020

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/28/steelers-postgame-tiktok-dane-fine-nfl/

wait.. players have to distance in the locker room after being next to each other all game and walking into the tunnel?

Sly
12-28-2020, 01:36 PM
The big difference is that the Saints had several covid violations and warnings from the NFL. The Steelers will definitely be fined, but no loss of draft picks.

BURGH86STEEL
12-28-2020, 01:44 PM
Obviously the Colts celebration dances in the end zone fired the Steelers up enough to win. Tongue in cheek.

flippy
12-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Obviously the Colts celebration dances in the end zone fired the Steelers up enough to win. Tongue in cheek.

It is Tomlin’s fault.

He will meet with them this week to discuss and that should nip it in the Bud.

feltdizz
12-28-2020, 04:44 PM
JuJu’s mother received death threats and hate mail from grown ass men over his pregame dancing..

which one of you crazies went too far?

fordfixer
12-28-2020, 05:39 PM
JuJu’s mother received death threats and hate mail from grown ass men over his pregame dancing..

This is just crazy someone needs to grow up, and get a life.

flippy
12-28-2020, 05:54 PM

Serious? Or just kidding?

Seems to ridiculous to be real which makes it seem real now.

feltdizz
12-28-2020, 06:18 PM
Serious? Or just kidding?

Seems to ridiculous to be real which makes it seem real now.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924452-juju-smith-schusters-mom-says-she-received-death-threats-for-wrs-logo-dances

Buzz
12-28-2020, 09:20 PM

Threats were most likely coming from fans of other teams who felt he was disrespecting them and their teams by dancing on their logo

NorthCoast
12-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Threats were most likely coming from fans of other teams who felt he was disrespecting them and their teams by dancing on their logo

Thought the same

LordVile
12-28-2020, 10:19 PM

like i say, play stupid games.. win stupid prizes..

i been trying to protect him from being a target

LordVile
12-28-2020, 10:29 PM
wait.. players have to distance in the locker room after being next to each other all game and walking into the tunnel?

common sense is uncommon.

the defense wore masks with their celebration in the locker room. but then again we have baby juju leading the offense as our cheerleader

MCHammer
12-28-2020, 10:53 PM

The "distancing" and mask rules have little impact on COVID spread when you are spending extended periods of time with the same people (which is why wearing a mask in your own household makes no sense). I cannot comment on the NFL rules. They probably make as much sense as the BS the rest of us are being forced to living with. But I obey my employer's rules when I show up to work. If JuJu didn't, it's well past time he be reined in.

I keeping hearing what a wonderful guy he is. Yet he keeps putting himself above the team. Week in and week out. I don't blame him. Apparently, nobody at Steelers HQ cares either.

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2020, 12:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWSAi7BPeO4

flippy
12-29-2020, 06:47 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924452-juju-smith-schusters-mom-says-she-received-death-threats-for-wrs-logo-dances

It’s hard to understand how someone gets to this point. Makes 0 sense like a lot of things these days.

I used to think social media was making everyone crazy, but there’s gotta be more to it. Maybe a mental health issue? Maybe related to COVID cause people are hurting/struggling?

This is just entertainment and I don’t understand how people take it so far and get so wrapped up in this.

I know we get passionate about our team and have fun cheering and complaining when we lose, but I know it’s all in jest and good fun for all of us. I just don’t get how this becomes real for some?

feltdizz
12-29-2020, 08:15 AM
It’s hard to understand how someone gets to this point. Makes 0 sense like a lot of things these days.

I used to think social media was making everyone crazy, but there’s gotta be more to it. Maybe a mental health issue? Maybe related to COVID cause people are hurting/struggling?

This is just entertainment and I don’t understand how people take it so far and get so wrapped up in this.

I know we get passionate about our team and have fun cheering and complaining when we lose, but I know it’s all in jest and good fun for all of us. I just don’t get how this becomes real for some?

people say a lot of stuff online that they would never say to a person in real
life unless drunk.

Sly
12-29-2020, 09:39 AM

I'll put my Doctor Phil hat on. I played football and other sports in high school and college. During those years I played on teams that lost some tough games, but I would get over my disappointment quickly. I always gave everything I had in practice and in games and if my team lost, I knew that I couldn't have done more. So I just acknowledged the fact that on that day the other team was better.

Now that I'm a spectator, I feel a lot worse when my team loses than I did when I played. It's probably because the emotional investment is the same for a fan or a player. But fans don't have the benefit of having the physical release of playing the game. So all the emotion and disappointment stays internalized much longer.

Anyway FWIW that's my take.

Eich
12-29-2020, 09:52 AM
I'll put my Doctor Phil hat on. I played football and other sports in high school and college. During those years I played on teams that lost some tough games, but I would get over my disappointment quickly. I always gave everything I had in practice and in games and if my team lost, I knew that I couldn't have done more. So I just acknowledged the fact that on that day the other team was better.

Now that I'm a spectator, I feel a lot worse when my team loses than I did when I played. It's probably because the emotional investment is the same for a fan or a player. But fans don't have the benefit of having the physical release of playing the game. So all the emotion and disappointment stays internalized much longer.

Anyway FWIW that's my take.

I completely agree with all of that. When you can't do anything to help the outcome, a loss feels a lot worse. My daughter says that she takes a Steelers loss a lot harder than a volleyball tournament that she plays in.

But I still can't fathom how some people are big enough idiots to threaten someone's mom over it.

Sly
12-29-2020, 10:19 AM
I completely agree with all of that. When you can't do anything to help the outcome, a loss feels a lot worse. My daughter says that she takes a Steelers loss a lot harder than a volleyball tournament that she plays in.

But I still can't fathom how some people are big enough idiots to threaten someone's mom over it.

Absolutely no excuse for threatening a player's mom. Can't think of more of a cowardly action than that.

Buzz
12-29-2020, 10:33 AM
Absolutely no excuse for threatening a player's mom. Can't think of more of a cowardly action than that.

$$$$$

Unfortunately, there are a few people out there who are on the edge -- crazy can sometimes end up doing crazy -- so you've got to watch out for that
Hopefully the authorities are engaged and Ju Ju's mom is taking necessary precautions, and no physical harm comes from this

Captain Lemming
12-29-2020, 12:09 PM

Almost spit my coffee on that one. :)

feltdizz
12-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Almost spit my coffee on that one. :)

you know one of them texted or DM’d her... lol

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-29-2020, 01:56 PM
people say a lot of stuff online that they would never say to a person in real
life even if drunk.

Fixed that for you.

NJ-STEELER
07-01-2021, 06:42 PM
apparently devin bush is not of fan of tik tokers

If you a grown man & you got TikTok on yo phone stay TF from around me.

Disco1981
07-01-2021, 08:11 PM
apparently devin bush is not of fan of tik tokers

If you a grown man & you got TikTok on yo phone stay TF from around me.

Another day, another underperforming Steeler player whose mouth is better than his game...Glad Popcorn runs such a tight ship...Never seen a team that never won S***...Talk so much S***

Northern_Blitz
07-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Another day, another underperforming Steeler player whose mouth is better than his game...Glad Popcorn runs such a tight ship...Never seen a team that never won S***...Talk so much S***

Don't worry Disco.

Your Tic Tok still has a chance to be successful even if you don't get Bush.

LordVile
07-03-2021, 12:03 AM

stay away from around DEVIN BUSH!!!! tiktok is more important than winning games.. time for JUJU to grow up

Captain Lemming
07-03-2021, 02:27 PM

You don't watch other teams then.

Oviedo
07-03-2021, 03:33 PM
You don't watch other teams then.

This!!!

I'm here in Central Florida and we get Jag, Buc and Dolphin news. Our players are no different than theirs and to suggest they somehow are outliers because of the coach is pure stupidity or a deliberate attempt to perpetuate a feeble justification for the hatred of our coach. Probably both

Northern_Blitz
07-03-2021, 05:17 PM
This!!!

I'm here in Central Florida and we get Jag, Buc and Dolphin news. Our players are no different than theirs and to suggest they somehow are outliers because of the coach is pure stupidity or a deliberate attempt to perpetuate a feeble justification for the hatred of our coach. Probably both

Noll and Cowher never let their players use Tik Tok or Twitter. :p

Oviedo
07-03-2021, 05:26 PM
Noll and Cowher never let their players use Tik Tok or Twitter. :p
They also kept them off Facebook and Instagram

Captain Lemming
07-03-2021, 07:31 PM
They also kept them off Facebook and Instagram

This is what’s so funny.
It was EASY for Noll to “run a tight ship” when players had no power and a FRACTION the ability and tools to speak their mind.

Even so we know:
1. Bradshaw despised Noll and the city of Pittsburgh
2. Greene wanted out of Pittsburgh for the first 4 years he was there.
3. Blount resented Noll taking a potshot at him
4. Swannie was THE diva receiver of his era and had an ego to match

We knew this WITHOUT Twitter. Those guys today?

The days of rule by an iron thumb is a thing of the past. The ONLY coach who could get away with it was Hoodie and that was AFTER it became clear that as long as he had Brady….championships were gonna happen. I promise you those days are done in NE.

In today’s NFL either Noll handles players differently or the dynasty NEVER happens.

NorthCoast
07-04-2021, 06:56 AM
This is what’s so funny.
It was EASY for Noll to “run a tight ship” when players had no power and a FRACTION the ability and tools to speak their mind.

Even so we know:
1. Bradshaw despised Noll and the city of Pittsburgh
2. Greene wanted out of Pittsburgh for the first 4 years he was there.
3. Blount resented Noll taking a potshot at him
4. Swannie was THE diva receiver of his era and had an ego to match

We knew this WITHOUT Twitter. Those guys today?

The days of rule by an iron thumb is a thing of the past. The ONLY coach who could get away with it was Hoodie and that was AFTER it became clear that as long as he had Brady….championships were gonna happen. I promise you those days are done in NE.

In today’s NFL either Noll handles players differently or the dynasty NEVER happens.

Very hard to put the water back in after the dam has broken.

Oviedo
07-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Very hard to put the water back in after the dam has broken.

Yep! I hate how current players are treated like the rest of us and allowed to express themselves. The NFL was so much better when they had no outlets to express themselves or have fun and were robots kept out of sight until football season. Perhaps we could repurpose Guantanamo Bay as a place to tuck these guys away out of sight. Could be sold as a nice tropical resort

feltdizz
07-04-2021, 11:37 AM
Yep! I hate how current players are treated like the rest of us and allowed to express themselves. The NFL was so much better when they had no outlets to express themselves or have fun and were robots kept out of sight until football season. Perhaps we could repurpose Guantanamo Bay as a place to tuck these guys away out of sight. Could be sold as a nice tropical resort

lmao.. it is a bit silly how fans expect players in 2021 to “shut up and just dribble or catch the football”

How dare they express their opinions on anything else besides the game?

These athletes act like they are free.

NorthCoast
07-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Unreasonable to try to stop social media. But like the company I worked for, it's written right in the employee handbook that "any social media publication that jeopardizes the company's reputation or conduct of business is considered a serious offense and subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. "
This gives the company wide berth on policing.

Northern_Blitz
07-04-2021, 02:06 PM
lmao.. it is a bit silly how fans expect players in 2021 to “shut up and just dribble or catch the football”

They are certainly free to do what they like.

But there have certainly been players that hurt their ability to make money by using social media.

FWIW, I think the advice of staying off social media extends to all of us not just athletes. I think the data consistently shows that it's very bad for mental health. Particularly for young women. We'll be keeping our girls (currently 3, 9, 11) cell phone free and off social media for as long as possible.

And this site, a Youtube page where I distribute course content, and a facebook page I check maybe once / month are the extent of my own social media involvement...but I'm a old man frequently shaking my fist at clouds.

whisper
07-04-2021, 02:21 PM

Yea, those who seemed to take it too far got what they deserved, although AB did win a ring in his post-moron phase. Bell was not as lucky.

NorthCoast
07-05-2021, 11:05 AM

Expressing opinions is one thing but stuff like this is a problem;

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/04/steelers-devin-bush-nfl-tweet/
Some of these guys have no filters. That's the biggest problem.

Disco1981
07-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Nahhhhhh .. He's just expressing himself, nothing to see here...You have to let todays Athletes express themselves! They've been bottled up for years! This isn't Nolls Steelers! These players need to spread their wings! A cat hurled off a rooftop to his death, Is just a way of having his voice be heard after all these years!

hawaiiansteel
07-05-2021, 02:35 PM

anyone who posts a video of a cat falling to its death needs to get TF away from around me.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-05-2021, 02:42 PM

The players can do whatever they want, but they can't expect to use their platform to give their opinion, and not receive pushback from those on the other side. Often their statements are overly simplistic or misinformed. Remember, with social media your reach and therefore stature on a topic is based on the number of people who follow you based on celebrity, not your ability to intelligently discuss that topic.

BURGH86STEEL
07-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Unreasonable to try to stop social media. But like the company I worked for, it's written right in the employee handbook that "any social media publication that jeopardizes the company's reputation or conduct of business is considered a serious offense and subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. "
This gives the company wide berth on policing.
The NFL might eventually adapt a similar type of policy. Fines and suspensions might be the league's way of handling the situation? I guess any deal would need to be agreed to by the players union.

I am not a social media person. I don't have facebook, twitter, instagram, tictok ect. I attempt to keep some of my life private. I don't need stalkers. In many ways I am glad I didn't grow up in the "time of social media" as a child or teenager. Younger people probably feel that social media is a necessary part of their lives.

BURGH86STEEL
07-05-2021, 03:33 PM

Do you have an issue with movies and TV shows that display muder, death, sex, killing animals ect ect ect? Often times, movies and TV shows cross the line of what should be acceptable. Video games? As a result, you get what you get from anyone, anywhere, at anytime.

Maybe the real issue is that our society has become and continues to become desensitized?

Northern_Blitz
07-05-2021, 04:47 PM
The players can do whatever they want, but they can't expect to use their platform to give their opinion, and not receive pushback from those on the other side. Often their statements are overly simplistic or misinformed. Remember, with social media your reach and therefore stature on a topic is based on the number of people who follow you based on celebrity, not your ability to intelligently discuss that topic.

This is great advice for all celebrities.

It's a pretty terrible business move to make hyperbolic public statements that alienate large swaths of your audience / fan base. Especially since these public statements stick around forever and it's super easy for anyone with time on their hands to show how much of a hypocrite you are (because you were probably pandering to the opposite side for favor sometime in the past).

Ideally, we get over the obsession with purity testing (and the virtue signaling that goes hand in hand) sometime in the very near future.

Eddie Spaghetti
07-05-2021, 06:12 PM
won't affect his career in pitt but anyone who thinks throwing a live animal off a building is funny is a giant POS

feltdizz
07-06-2021, 08:47 AM

That is weird because Bush just posted about tictok videos but then again, its just a plot to get attention or throwing a thought into the social media wind

I have a love hate relationship with social media. I love being able to get “closer” to athletes and reading their thoughts.. but it also gives us a glimpse into how their minds work or “don’t work” depending on the post.

Some people have overshare and put their careers at risk.

There is a woman, John Legends wife, she went from social media star to straight up villain just because the tides changed. What was once funny is now seen as bullying.

I think in the long run most people will “learn” from these mistakes but they will continue to happen because people are going to push the boundaries until they have their day in the cross hairs.

NorthCoast
07-06-2021, 11:36 AM
The players can do whatever they want, but they can't expect to use their platform to give their opinion, and not receive pushback from those on the other side. Often their statements are overly simplistic or misinformed. Remember, with social media your reach and therefore stature on a topic is based on the number of people who follow you based on celebrity, not your ability to intelligently discuss that topic.Outstanding post :Clap.

NorthCoast
07-08-2021, 07:19 AM
Do you have an issue with movies and TV shows that display muder, death, sex, killing animals ect ect ect? Often times, movies and TV shows cross the line of what should be acceptable. Video games? As a result, you get what you get from anyone, anywhere, at anytime. I don't have a problem with those things. I know the difference between reality and make-believe. The nightly news?.... now that is disturbing.

Maybe the real issue is that our society has become and continues to become desensitized? This is likely true for a segment of the population.​_____________

Oviedo
07-08-2021, 08:52 AM

I tell my kids that you can make choices in life but don't think you have control over the consequences. That is why you have to think through every decision.

Northern_Blitz
07-08-2021, 09:41 AM
I tell my kids that you can make choices in life but don't think you have control over the consequences. That is why you have to think through every decision.

I think this is good advice.

Do you best to make good choices.

Try to stay flexible because there's always something unpredictable coming down the pipe.

One of the personal finance podcasts I listen to says something like "Plans aren't all that useful, but planning is vitally important."

Or maybe it's like the Mike Tyson (?) quote: "Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth".

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-08-2021, 03:03 PM

LOL, I've told my kids since they were small almost the exact same thing. I've always told them that when you mess up you don't get to choose your consequences.

Imagine you are driving drunk. You might make it home without incident. You might get pulled over and your license revoked. You might hit someone and serve jail time. The choice to commit the act is yours, but consequences are beyond your control.

NorthCoast
08-30-2021, 03:47 PM
One week before the season starts...smh. I guess he feels if he's playing on a discount he can do whatever he wants regardless of the possible injury:

Throughout his NFL career, I have tried to be impartial to how Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster lived his life. But this one is pretty tough to justify. This TikTok video of Smith-Schuster was shared on Twitter showing Smith-Schuster doing the crate challenge just a week before the start of the regular season.

If you don’t know what the crate challenge is, it is essentially a dangerous task of climbing a stack of milk crates. All you have to do is a quick search and you will see person after person falling and injuring themselves. Replies to these videos have been mixed but for the most part, fans aren’t happy with this one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1432380003988168705

This isn’t dancing on an opponent’s logo before the game or doing the Smeeze in the locker room. This is risky and I hope this is just a case of Smith-Schuster not thinking about it rather than not caring that he could seriously hurt himself a week before the start of the regular season.

feltdizz
08-30-2021, 04:53 PM
Not surprised he would do this dumb azz challenge.

I’m more worried about the Blonde hair. That usually is a sign of a guy who is about to do some crazy things.. lol.

D Rock
08-30-2021, 05:18 PM
Social media will be the downfall of society.

It takes Darwin Award winners glorifies them so that even MORE people want to win the award

Flasteel
08-30-2021, 05:31 PM
Not surprised he would do this dumb azz challenge.

I’m more worried about the Blonde hair. That usually is a sign of a guy who is about to do some crazy things.. lol.

Agreed. It goes to DEFCON 1 when that truism extends to the upper lip. :-D

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_16:9%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cg_fa ces:center%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_768/MTY4MDA3NTQxNjYzMjEyOTI4/antonio-brown-blond-mustachejpg.jpg

feltdizz
08-30-2021, 09:45 PM
Agreed. It goes to DEFCON 1 when that truism extends to the upper lip. :-D

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_16:9%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cg_fa ces:center%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_768/MTY4MDA3NTQxNjYzMjEyOTI4/antonio-brown-blond-mustachejpg.jpg

lmao.. so that’s why he was talking so
crazy, lol

NorthCoast
10-06-2021, 06:25 AM
Juju gonna Juju.... this time in a good way......nicely done....:Clap:Clap:Clap

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51557166123_ecab8503a9_w.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mxVXgi)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2mxVXgi) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

Buzz
10-06-2021, 09:33 AM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51557166123_ecab8503a9_w.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mxVXgi)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2mxVXgi) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

Nice. Got to give him his props for this.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Nice. Got to give him his props for this.

I think he is generally a good kid. A bit immature maybe but overall a good character.

whatever
10-06-2021, 02:05 PM

That’ awesome.
Nice to hear about the few good ones in the nfl.

SteelerOfDeVille
10-06-2021, 02:27 PM
I think he is generally a good kid. A bit immature maybe but overall a good character.
That's it. He's a good person, who happens to be 22-23 or some such nonsense.
I know I did stupid stuff at that age...Honestly, this fanbase pisses me off when it comes to JuJu... It'd be one thing if he was out there punching women - but if the worst thing he could do is the same silly social media challenges that other 20-somethings are doing, then shaddup and tell your own kids to stop posting.

Oviedo
10-06-2021, 02:41 PM

I find it funny that some here euqte "fun loving" with immaturity. He's 23 years old and wants to enjoy life. Somehow that is seen as bad

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2021, 05:18 PM
I find it funny that some here euqte "fun loving" with immaturity. He's 23 years old and wants to enjoy life. Somehow that is seen as bad

I'd say more youthful than fun loving. The fact that he needed to be spoken to regarding the logo dancing is evidence. He probably did not consider the backlash, and it got ahead of him.

As Deville mentioned, in the big picture a 20-something acting 20-something is not the biggest deal. He did not beat up tiny horses, he was not shot in Denver, he didn't crash his motorcycle without a helmet, and he did not shoot at helicopters. I give him some leeway when his biggest infraction is acting his age.