PDA

View Full Version : Goats of the Game

Buzz
12-14-2020, 12:49 AM
Besides some of the usual suspects, I'll put Roethlisberger's name on the list. Some bad throws in big spots, some bone-head decisions, and a troubling lack of sharpness. He's getting worse as the season goes on. He keeps it up, and moving on to life post-Ben becomes a whole lot easier to imagine.

SteelBucks
12-14-2020, 01:00 AM
Besides some of the usual suspects, I'll put Roethlisberger's name on the list. Some bad throws in big spots, some bone-head decisions, and a troubling lack of sharpness. He's getting worse as the season goes on. He keeps it up, and moving on to life post-Ben becomes a whole lot easier to imagine.

Not with the QBs that are currently on the roster.

feltdizz
12-14-2020, 01:02 AM
scheme is trash.

Starlifter
12-14-2020, 01:03 AM
I say we tank and go for trevor lawrence.......

NorthCoast
12-14-2020, 01:04 AM
The QB ain't the problem. You have an OL that literally forces him to unload the ball in record time. And it doesn't help that he can no longer move around like he used to.

Northern_Blitz
12-14-2020, 08:15 AM
The QB ain't the problem. You have an OL that literally forces him to unload the ball in record time. And it doesn't help that he can no longer move around like he used to.

Is it the chicken or the egg?

Since the deep balls he throws aren't that good, I'm guessing that it's the QB.

Hopefully I'm wrong because if it's Ben, I think there's nothing we can do to fix it.

Jooser
12-14-2020, 08:41 AM
WTF is up with all the 40 yd. heaves on 3rd and short? He has been doing this all season and they never work. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Dangit!

feltdizz
12-14-2020, 09:45 AM
I’ll add Conner to the list. Not only did he fumble (thank goodness for JuJu) but I think he needs glasses. OL isn’t helping him out much but dude really just runs into people instead of running around them. If the hole isn’t there find somewhere else to run. you don’t just run into a guys back.

feltdizz
12-14-2020, 09:46 AM
WTF is up with all the 40 yd. heaves on 3rd and short? He has been doing this all season and they never work. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Dangit!

its either a pass for 2 yards on 3rd and 4 or a wing and a prayer. He’s not even giving guys a chance to catch the ball half the time, just hoping for a PI call.

BURGH86STEEL
12-14-2020, 10:37 AM

The QB play in the Bills game was certainly a problem. Teams have adjusted. If Ben can make teams pay the offense will continue to struggle.

feltdizz
12-14-2020, 12:02 PM

Half the time Ben isn’t even seeing pressure.

Northern_Blitz
12-14-2020, 02:16 PM

I think he's been doing this for a long time.

I think the idea is that he wants to take a shot when he thinks he has a mismatch 1 on 1.

If we hit some of these, it's probably the kind of thing that would take some defenders out of the box.

NorthCoast
12-14-2020, 09:18 PM
The QB play in the Bills game was certainly a problem. Teams have adjusted. If Ben can make teams pay the offense will continue to struggle.
Upon further review I agree. J Allen was under extreme pressure in the game but he made the Steelers pay with plays down the field. In fact, his play was exactly what I was looking for Roethlisberger to do all night. But he just couldn't get it done. Maybe he's just too gun-shy with those plays because he is struggling with his accuracy?

One other thing, not sure anyone noticed he seemed to be taking some velocity off the ball in an attempt to help the receivers out of the drops. His pick six looked a little lobbed to me.

Terrapin
12-14-2020, 10:32 PM
James Connor looks atrocious. No vision, no burst, no speed whatsoever. Snell and Samuels suck too. RB is definitely a need this offseason.

SteelBucks
12-14-2020, 10:52 PM
Can we add coaches to the list? Randy Fitchner for making zero offensive adjustments in the last two games. He’s one of the captains of this rudderless ship.

Steel Maniac
12-14-2020, 10:56 PM
Can we add coaches to the list? Randy Fitchner for making zero offensive adjustments in the last two games. He’s one of the captains of this rudderless ship.

But coach Tomlin said hiring Fitchner was one of the easiest things he done. Hahahahahaha

Buzz
12-14-2020, 11:06 PM
But coach Tomlin said hiring Fitchner was one of the easiest things he done. Hahahahahaha

Firing Fichtner ought to be even easier

NorthCoast
12-14-2020, 11:17 PM
James Connor looks atrocious. No vision, no burst, no speed whatsoever. Snell and Samuels suck too. RB is definitely a need this offseason.Man, I watched a few minutes of MIN/TB game yesterday and was so jealous of Dalvin Cook. The cuts and bursts he made against a strong Tampa defense was wonderous.