PDA

View Full Version : Drops and New Steeler Pup Name

rpmpit
12-10-2020, 07:56 AM
Someone might have brought this up but... commentators always discuss the wrs' youth. Could it be as simple as that? Going undefeated puts a lot of pressure on players. And obviously more on the younger guys. Maybe now everyone can relax and start catching the damn ball. And Washington needs to get more opportunities. He seems to be the most mature one out of the group. He reminds me of Randall from This is Us (you know you watch it). Seems almost uncomfortable with the celebrations, tik-tok stuff, etc. Not opposed to the celebrations. I like them. Just get rid of the drops.

New Rottweiler pup joining Bettis is Ben. Big Ben ROTTlisberger :)

Northern_Blitz
12-10-2020, 09:39 AM
Someone might have brought this up but... commentators always discuss the wrs' youth. Could it be as simple as that? Going undefeated puts a lot of pressure on players. And obviously more on the younger guys. Maybe now everyone can relax and start catching the damn ball. And Washington needs to get more opportunities. He seems to be the most mature one out of the group. He reminds me of Randall from This is Us (you know you watch it). Seems almost uncomfortable with the celebrations, tik-tok stuff, etc. Not opposed to the celebrations. I like them. Just get rid of the drops.

Hoping that you're right and it's youth / jitters / short weeks / etc. Something that naturally goes away.

Great name for your pup. Hope he gets to see his first Steelers SB win this season!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Maybe now everyone can relax and start catching the damn ball.

Never thought about that but it makes sense. The pressure of being perfect can get to people in all walks of life. I've believed for years now that the Steelers prioritize character in their draft picks. People of character grow in adversity. Hopefully the young players are able to learn and grow as players from this.

And to your point of Washington's maturity, I've always believed that hockey players are typically more mature than athletes in other sports. Reason is because traditionally many of them were raised as "small town farm boys" and learned the humility and discipline that comes with that. They learn the value of hard work and determination. Washington was raised as a small town farm boy, and his long days were in far greater heat than those hockey players in Saskatchewan I am sure. :D

Lonbull
12-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Youth
The Pressure of going undefeated
Covid
Playing on weird days
Ebron running practices.....(wait..no we need to fix that one).

Also, if I may add - Ben is a different quarterback this season - or should I write - Ben is throwing the ball quicker and it's just a different rhythm -- they should absolutely catch the ball more, but I certainly think this is one of the best WR'ing squads out there - give them time.

Great name for your pup - although Rotty Bleier could have been "old school"

Good post rpmpit.

rpmpit
12-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Youth
The Pressure of going undefeated
Covid
Playing on weird days
Ebron running practices.....(wait..no we need to fix that one).

Also, if I may add - Ben is a different quarterback this season - or should I write - Ben is throwing the ball quicker and it's just a different rhythm -- they should absolutely catch the ball more, but I certainly think this is one of the best WR'ing squads out there - give them time.

Great name for your pup - although Rotty Bleier could have been "old school"

Good post rpmpit.

Thanks. Rocky was actually the name we had picked. Then one of my son's friends got a pup and named it Rocky. So we couldn't copy. Franco was my choice. But ultimately we decided on Ben.

hawaiiansteel
12-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Thanks. Rocky was actually the name we had picked. Then one of my son's friends got a pup and named it Rocky. So we couldn't copy. Franco was my choice. But ultimately we decided on Ben.

got overruled by the wife and kids? ;)

rpmpit
12-14-2020, 07:46 AM
got overruled by the wife and kids? ;)

Armpit Jr. liked Franco as well. But father-in-law's name is Frank so the Mrs. thought it would be weird.