PDA

View Full Version : get ready for the unthinkable.....

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 11:22 PM
I'll preface this with the post loss maniacal meltdown many of us experience after not just a loss, but a really bad stretch of football over the past several weeks.

But if I can put the emotion aside:

the Steelers have serious issues on offense that need to be resolved quickly. I don't think anyone disputes that.

I expect the Bills to be favored this week (deservedly) and while I'm hoping for a turnaround - let's say the bills win.

That puts us at 11-2. we follow up with bengals, colts and browns. probably beat the bengals - colts are a tossup. that puts us at maybe 12-3 going into the last game.

Browns have the rats, giants, jets than us. figure they go 2-1 the first three of those games.

I'm not sure how tiebreakers stand - but we could go into week 17 with the division title still on the line.

now it is cleveland after all. they could lose to the rats, giants and even tank agains the jets. but things just got iffy all around.

now i'm gonna go puke before bed.

Eich
12-08-2020, 09:52 AM
The "unthinkable" for me is finishing the season at 11-5. One-and-done in the playoffs. If the offense continues this way, it's not outside the realm of possibilities.

Ghost
12-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Three of our upcoming teams have 8 or 9 wins. With the offensive struggles and the injuries we've sustained; it's more than plausible we could lose all three. Heck, the Browns could easily win their next three and have a better record than the Steelers come the last week.

Chucktownsteeler
12-08-2020, 02:33 PM
So we go 2 and 2 and finish 13-3. Slight chance we beat Cleveland and go 14-2. Who knows, the Steelers are money in prime-time, anything can happen against the Bills.

feltdizz
12-08-2020, 02:57 PM
I could see us going 13-3 or 14-2. That’s much better than I expected this year.

I’m not even sure I want the bye this year since there really is no advantage besides resting an extra week and the last thing I want is a team resting and coming out flat.