PDA

View Full Version : WAS at PIT

Pages : [1] 2

NorthCoast
12-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Whew. I'm still decompressing from Wednesday but it's time to move on. Picks have come in a lot slower because there was no game Thursday. But as has been the case all season, PIT is heavily favored (93%) to win straight up. Interesting though that almost 70% take WAS ATS (currently +8.5) so they are expecting a fairly close game...or at least not a blowout by PIT.

WAS Offense:

Someone said since Alex Smith was inserted at QB they've offensively been a different football team. Of course, this could be schedule influenced but generally they've had an easy one throughout (it is the NFC Least afterall). Their 4 wins have been against sad-sack opponents (DAL 2X, CIN, PHI).
Looking at the offensive success rates:

Season Overall
Post-Smith

Passing
26th
5th

Rushing
18th
12th

Explosive Pass
22nd
12th

Explosive Rushing
17th
4th

Clearly a significant change with Smith at QB. I think PIT can hold their own against the pass offense. But what should be concerning to PIT fans is the explosive rushing as the PIT defense has slipped to 32nd in explosive runs allowed in the last 3 weeks.
RB#1 McKissic isn't much of a rusher averaging just 20 yds/gm. BUT, he really excels as a receiver, has 46 catches for 338 yds. RB#2 Gibson is in the mold of Conner, averaging just under 60 yds/gm. But he's used as a receiver as well, averaging 21 yds/gm. Gibson can break tackles, with 23 on the season.
WAS is very good at outside the tackle runs. This is a matchup worry for the Steelers because of the injuries to Bush and now Dupree. The Steelers run defense has been leaky lately. Can Highsmith set the edge in the run game? Can Spillane/Williamson get off blocks and get to the outside? I expect WAS to test this early in the game.
In the passing game, some might think of Smith as a game managing QB throwing short passes to methodically move the ball. But, this season he has been good when throwing 15+ yds down field. Primary targets are McLaurin and TE L Thomas, and pretty much nobody else. McLaurin has 900+ yds on the season with about half of them YAC (#8 in the NFL)... dude would look great in a Steelers uniform.... gotta wrap this guy up!
TE Thomas is in the mold of Ebron; similar targets and yds on the season...averages ~30 yds/gm... can make plays but not scary dangerous. As a blocker he is on par with Ebron.
Fortunately, I think the Steelers match up well against their passing game. Put Haden on McLaurin, and combo of Fitz/Edmunds on Thomas.

WAS Defense:

Against quality opponents they've allowed an average ~31 pts. While they are #1 in passing yds/against take it with a grain of salt considering their schedule (heard that story somewhere else ;)).
They can get after the QB as they have 32 sacks on the season; expect them to test the middle of the Steelers OL with Pouncey out.
Similar story with their RZ defense; overall stats look decent but against quality opponents they are bottom half of the league, especially against the rush. Bodes well for Benny Snell Football.
In terms of limiting explosive plays, they are ranked better than PIT. Fuller and Moreland are decent CBs, Fuller on par with Haden in % completions allowed; so teams target Darby who allows almost 60% completion rate.

Hopefully the Steelers took heed of their play in the last game and knuckle down for Monday. I am most interested in how the Steelers defense looks after losing Dupree. Like the experts, I think the game will be closer than the odds indicate. And the Steelers can't play one quarter of ball and expect a W in this one.

Let's go

:tt2:tt2:tt2

Oviedo
12-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Great analysis.

I'm confident we win, but I'm just hoping I don't get another ulcer

Eich
12-04-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm fulling expecting an ulcer with this one! I feel like we'll win. But Alex Smith makes WFT a little dangerous.

fordfixer
12-04-2020, 11:55 AM
I’m going out on a limb here Steelers 2 WFT 0

Steel Maniac
12-04-2020, 12:00 PM
We've owned Alex Smith pretty much while he was in KC. This is a lesser version of him now. Only issue is that we don't know how effective our pass rush will be now with no BD. If we can get to him, we can make him the same check down charlie he's been for most of his career. Keep stuff in front of us and get the turnovers.

Northern_Blitz
12-04-2020, 12:15 PM
I think our O comes out with something to prove this week.
But our D struggles a bit getting used to the loss of Bud.

Good guys: 38
No names: 30

Chucktownsteeler
12-04-2020, 12:19 PM
WTF is a better team than their record indicates and they are dangerous. They have a good defense.

This is a trap game but I think the offense has something to prove.

Steelers 31

WTF 17

SteelBucks
12-04-2020, 12:43 PM
Washington has a legit front 4. It’ll be interesting to see how the Steelers handle it. Gotta keep Ben upright and it would be nice to establish a running game for once.

flippy
12-04-2020, 01:30 PM
I'm not too concerned about Smith. He's averaged 23/38, 249 yds, 1.0 TD, 0.3 int in 6 games vs the Steelers.

Although Alex has a 6.9 YPA vs Ben's 6.5 YPA making them both equally not scary.

And both D's are pretty close in terms of performance overall. We've got the slight edge.

When you dig into it, despite the records, this looks like it could be close.

The Glory Days
12-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Wednesday, we had 2 things going against us that even a depleted raisins team didn't have to contend with. First was the game-time scratch of Pouncey. That changes a lot and puts us in an immediate deficiency we couldn't prepare for. Second thing is gameplanning. They know exactly who we are and what we do. There's nothing unpredictable about us on offense OR defense. Unfortunately, we had absolutely no game film on RGIII and this offense this season. Add that to the uncertainty of the week, our own players dropping out, buying into our own hype, and our schedule repeatedly changing, we simply weren't focused like they were.

I think that game did more than keep us undefeated. It might have helped us continue the streak. I can't imagine anyone in the organization buying into any hype about this team. And I believe their focus will be renewed.

Our front 7 will get after Smith. Our receivers will have virtual stickum on their hands. And I think we're going to run angry for maybe the first time this season. Don't turn the ball over and we're in victory formation at the 2 minute warning with more than a touchdown separating us.

SidSmythe
12-04-2020, 02:45 PM
If the Pittsburgh Football Team LOSES any game this season - as tough a pill as it would be to swallow it would be this game.
An Non Conference loss would give the Steelers a tie breaker edge over the Kansas City Football Team (Assuming both teams end the season 15-1)

hawaiiansteel
12-04-2020, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2t6zlbum4w

NorthCoast
12-04-2020, 03:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2t6zlbum4wNinkovich is spot on... GOING UNDEFEATED IS MEANINGLESS IF YOU DON"T WIN THE SB!

Buzz
12-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Last Wednesday, we had 2 things going against us that even a depleted raisins team didn't have to contend with. First was the game-time scratch of Pouncey. That changes a lot and puts us in an immediate deficiency we couldn't prepare for. Second thing is gameplanning. They know exactly who we are and what we do. There's nothing unpredictable about us on offense OR defense. Unfortunately, we had absolutely no game film on RGIII and this offense this season. Add that to the uncertainty of the week, our own players dropping out, buying into our own hype, and our schedule repeatedly changing, we simply weren't focused like they were.
Welcome to the board. Good discussion, but I can't agree with you. While the game-time scratch of Pouncey was not good, compared with what the Ravens had to do in replacing players, it looks pretty small. While it's true the Ravens know us very well, we know them (or should) just as well. We didn't need game film on RGIII; he didn't do anything we shouldn't have anticipated. Why should we have more of an excuse for being unfocused than the Ravens did, with all they had to go through leading up to the game?

I think that game did more than keep us undefeated. It might have helped us continue the streak. I can't imagine anyone in the organization buying into any hype about this team. And I believe their focus will be renewed.
I'd like to think you're right here, yet yesterday we had Ebron yapping like we are a shoo-in for the Super Bowl. I'm afraid it may take an actual loss to wake up many of these guys.

The Glory Days
12-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the board. Good discussion, but I can't agree with you. While the game-time scratch of Pouncey was not good, compared with what the Ravens had to do in replacing players, it looks pretty small. While it's true the Ravens know us very well, we know them (or should) just as well. We didn't need game film on RGIII; he didn't do anything we shouldn't have anticipated. Why should we have more of an excuse for being unfocused than the Ravens did, with all they had to go through leading up to the game?
Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here.

And I'm good with your disagreement. You make good points. I just felt that our center dropping out a few hours before the game was a substantial hit to the team, not just for the game-time change, but for our preparation leading up to it. Just one of the couple of reasons I felt got us out of synch. No doubt the raisins had more to overcome. No doubt. And we certainly know who RGIII is and what he "can" do. But within that offense, we don't know "what" he will do. No tendencies. No tells. No formations. No scheme. A lot of what is done in preparation is looking over the past games with the current personnel and their strengths as a unit. We didn't have that. And we had absolutely no excuses for anything that happened in that game. We should have been ready. We weren't. We could have lost. That shouldn't have ever been a possibility.

I'd like to think you're right here, yet yesterday we had Ebron yapping like we are a shoo-in for the Super Bowl. I'm afraid it may take an actual loss to wake up many of these guys.
Well, screw me running backward. Someone needs to take ahold of that boy.

NorthCoast
12-04-2020, 04:04 PM

Our front 7 will get after Smith. Our receivers will have virtual stickum on their hands. And I think we're going to run angry for maybe the first time this season. Don't turn the ball over and we're in victory formation at the 2 minute warning with more than a touchdown separating us.Game film on RGIII?... just drag out last year's finale with BAL. They were not going to change what they do with him at QB anyway.

Pouncey out at the last minute hurt but not as much as if BAL was intact defensively. And besides, JCH had been taking snaps on Roethlisberger's days off according to one article.

And I am still not sure how people can interpret not catching a ball as being disrespectful or buying hype?! More like lack of concentration, which I put on the stupid scheduling. They catch those balls and the game is over before the 3rd quarter.

NorthCoast
12-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Line is now -7. A week ago it opened at -10.5. Seems people are beginning to buy talking heads view that the Steelers aren't all that. I am thinking this game could set the tone for the rest of the schedule.

... might have to start drinking tomorrow.....:Beer

NorthCoast
12-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Tuitt back in the fold for Monday;
https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-activate-tuitt

This is pretty huge and he's rested.

feltdizz
12-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Line is now -7. A week ago it opened at -10.5. Seems people are beginning to buy talking heads view that the Steelers aren't all that. I am thinking this game could set the tone for the rest of the schedule.

... might have to start drinking tomorrow.....:Beer

I wouldn’t touch any double-digit lines with this team. Not saying they can’t win by more than 11 but winning counts whether its by 5 points or 20 points.

This reminds me of Ben’s rookie season. 15 wins and people were complaining about style points and Ben not throwing more than 22 times a game.

fordfixer
12-05-2020, 02:56 PM
I wouldn’t touch any double-digit lines with this team. Not saying they can’t win by more than 11 but winning counts whether its by 5 points or 20 points.

This reminds me of Ben’s rookie season. 15 wins and people were complaining about style points and Ben not throwing more than 22 times a game.
Him not throwing enough is not a problem now. :D

Buzz
12-05-2020, 03:19 PM
Ben is listed as questionable. I think he will probably play, but not practicing all week probably won't help his accuracy. Expect another slow start for our offense while he tries to knock off the rust.

Sloppy, below-the-line play continues

Steelers 20
WFT 19

SteelBucks
12-05-2020, 03:24 PM
Nelson listed as doubtful. Don’t like that.

NorthCoast
12-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Roethlisberger and Boswell sound held out as precautionary. Nelson?... yeah that's not good but WFT has few receiving weapons to worry about. Would rather Nelson is full go for BUF.

Northern_Blitz
12-05-2020, 07:34 PM
Washington has a legit front 4. It’ll be interesting to see how the Steelers handle it. Gotta keep Ben upright and it would be nice to establish a running game for once.

I think we handle it by throwing the ball quickly.

Remember all those times that we had teams that could generate good pressure. Then we'd go against Manning on Brady and get no sacks and few hurries.

Ben is that QB now with the read and quick release (although I don't think he's as good as either of those guys at their peak).

We'll see, but I think we'll do an OK to good job keeping him clean.

Northern_Blitz
12-05-2020, 07:35 PM
I'm not too concerned about Smith. He's averaged 23/38, 249 yds, 1.0 TD, 0.3 int in 6 games vs the Steelers.

Although Alex has a 6.9 YPA vs Ben's 6.5 YPA making them both equally not scary.

And both D's are pretty close in terms of performance overall. We've got the slight edge.

When you dig into it, despite the records, this looks like it could be close.

I've been thinking that Ben is the new Alex Smith for this season (and even his previous complete season).

Northern_Blitz
12-05-2020, 07:37 PM

Our front 7 will get after Smith. Our receivers will have virtual stickum on their hands. And I think we're going to run angry for maybe the first time this season. Don't turn the ball over and we're in victory formation at the 2 minute warning with more than a touchdown separating us.

This.

It sucked to have another anxiety provoking game, but I think it will help the team focus / remember that they're beatable.

NorthCoast
12-06-2020, 09:35 AM
I think we handle it by throwing the ball quickly.

Remember all those times that we had teams that could generate good pressure. Then we'd go against Manning on Brady and get no sacks and few hurries.

Ben is that QB now with the read and quick release (although I don't think he's as good as either of those guys at their peak).

We'll see, but I think we'll do an OK to good job keeping him clean.Agreed. PHI has a strong pass rush as well but Roethlisberger was only sacked once in that game. I don't think WFT has enough good DBs to cover all the Steeler receivers. They will take away Claypool and maybe DJ, but that leaves JJSS and the RBs.

Much more concerned about the defense in this game.

The Man of Steel
12-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Steelers 12
Redskins 0

Sword
12-06-2020, 05:57 PM
What network channel will this be on? Issues with nbc and tv cable not broadcasting last game....Im in NC

Northern_Blitz
12-06-2020, 06:00 PM
What network channel will this be on? Issues with nbc and tv cable not broadcasting last game....Im in NC

Looks like Fox?

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-vs-football-team-how-to-watch-listen-to-the-game#:~:text=TV%20coverage%3A%20Broadcast%20on%20F OX,New%20York%2C%20Philadelphia%2C%20Tampa.

But they list select markets: Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, Tampa

Sounds like DirectTV outside of of those markets.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop_2x/f_png/steelers/xxxgqi2fhqgw91i1qfba.png

I'm generally not comfortable with illegal streams, so I listen on steelersnationaratio.com when games are not broadcast in my area (upstate NY).

https://www.steelers.com/audio/steelers-nation-radio/

NorthCoast
12-06-2020, 07:11 PM
Fox for some; Sunday Ticket for the rest:

https://506sports.com/2020/13-FOX-M.png

SteelBucks
12-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Fox for some; Sunday Ticket for the rest:

https://506sports.com/2020/13-FOX-M.png

I have both but I’m in the red. Hope these weird game times/days are done for the season. Players value routines.

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Steelers are only favored by 6.5 points now.

NorthCoast
12-06-2020, 08:39 PM
Boz now doubtful for the game... could be critical miss.

SteelBucks
12-06-2020, 08:50 PM
So who’s the kicker?

SteelBucks
12-06-2020, 08:59 PM
No Bush, Bud, Boz, Nelson. Is Ben playing? Getting an uneasy feeling about this one.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Washington’s front 7 is legit. One of the best in the league

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2020, 09:02 PM
So who’s the kicker?

ex-UCF K Matthew Wright will be promoted from the practice squad to make his NFL debut.

SteelBucks
12-06-2020, 10:57 PM
ex-UCF K Matthew Wright will be promoted from the practice squad to make his NFL debut.

Go for 2.....

hawaiiansteel
12-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Go for 2.....

he's actually a pretty accurate kicker, just lacks leg strength for 50+ yard FGs.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Hodge on SNR:

"WFT run game may be a problem. They've played very well that last 4 games. They block things very uniquely"

"Steelers need to utilize perimeter running. Doesn't make sense to bang your head against their front seven."

Oviedo
12-07-2020, 10:14 AM
We win by 10 today!!!!

"BuzzNuter"
12-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Steelers 31
Washington 13

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Roster moves:

Steelers make multiple roster moves
Dec 07, 2020 at 01:59 PM
Steelers_Logo_2560x1440_safe
Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers elevated kicker Matthew Wright from the practice squad to the Active/Inactive roster for today's game against the Washington Football Team. The team also activated offensive tackle Jerald Hawkins from the Reserve/COVID-19 List and elevated offensive lineman Anthony Coyle to the Active/Inactive Roster from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement.

Kicker Chris Boswell landed on the team's injury report on Saturday with a hip injury and was listed as questionable to start. He was downgraded to doubtful on Sunday, which is why the team elevated Wright to the roster.

Wright is no stranger to the Steelers. He signed with the team as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft and spent the 2019 training camp with the team. Wright played at the University of Central Florida (UCF) where he still holds the school record for career points (375) and field goals made (55).

Hawkins, who was signed in September after a previous stint with the team, has played in eight games this season and is a backup at the tackle position. He was placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 List on Nov. 27.

Coyle, who played at Fordham, was also elevated for the Baltimore game. He was signed this offseason after playing for the New York Guardians in the XFL. He was released before the start of the regular season but signed back to the practice squad. He entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft with the Houston Texans. After spending time with the Texans, he was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad. He also spent part of the 2019 season on the Atlanta Falcons practice squad. Coyle played in 48 games at Fordham, starting 10 at right tackle and 34 at left tackle. He was first-team All-Patriot league in his final two seasons.

The Glory Days
12-07-2020, 03:43 PM
As a pure fan who can look ahead and circle games and "predict" things, this is the game we can lose as long as there are no injuries. It doesn't drop us below the Chiefs. I would rather us play the backups and probably lose just so that our starters get to rest and avoid injury.

But I'm only about 20% "that" fan. We need to take the best every team can throw at us and keep getting better. We have a lot of "getting better" to do before we're playing our best ball at the end of the regular season.

This is a game we absolutely should win. We should win on paper and should win on the field. In years past, this would be a game that we lose. This year, we've exorcised those demons. For our season to remain "magical," we must win this game, not just for our record, but to continue to prove that we can find ways to win and not play down to the level of our opponents. And regardless of the WFT's recent performance, they are not on our level. They have a stout front 7, but that doesn't take away a running game that we rely on for victory. And offensivley, they shouldn't light up the scoreboard on our defense.

This is a "must win" for many reasons (of which none really matter).

Let's just get out of this game healthy and everything else will be peachy.

:tt2

feltdizz
12-07-2020, 03:45 PM
why would we need to rest our starters? They had like 10 days off before their last game and another 6 days to rest/regroup.

Secure the number one seed and then rest starters.

until then, all hands on deck.

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 05:59 PM
No rest for the victorious.

My heart is telling me this will be a complete game and Steelers win 34-13

My head tells me to be nervous - but I’m staying on target.

SidSmythe
12-07-2020, 06:04 PM
This should be an easy one.
Good game to Pad some Stats.
TJ should get at least 4 sacks and Ben 500 yards

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 06:09 PM
3 and out to start. What a shocker.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:10 PM
3 and out to start. What a shocker.

At least we got a good punt.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:10 PM
3 and out. Must be our first quarter offense.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:11 PM
I understand the quick throws but at least get to the sticks.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Nice hit Allen.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:12 PM
FOX may want to check the roster. Ray Ray McDonald doesn’t exist.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:14 PM
FOX may want to check the roster. Ray Ray McDonald doesn’t exist.

That was funny.

D Rock
12-07-2020, 06:15 PM
what a mess for Fox so far haha

several graphics issues, Ray Ray 'McDonald', calling it 3 and out for Washington

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:16 PM
OK. These first 15 scripted plays suck.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:17 PM
Another 0 yard reception for Juju.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
what a mess for Fox so far haha

several graphics issues, Ray Ray 'McDonald', calling it 3 and out for Washington

JD Hassenauer

SteelBucks
3 and out.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 06:18 PM
This is one of the worst offenses in the league right now. And another drop.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Juju caught DJ hands.

flippy
12-07-2020, 06:19 PM
59 yard punt. 0 hang time.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:21 PM
Well they script the first 15 plays for every game. 9 more plays to go.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Shocking. Edmunds with another whiff

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 06:22 PM
This is one of the worst offenses in the league right now. And another drop.

5 passes, 1 run for zero yards the first 6 plays results in two 3 and outs.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Gonna start a new stat for the Steelers; YAD - Yet Another Drop

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Gonna start a new stat for the Steelers; YAD - Yet Another Drop

How about TAO?

Three and outs in the first quarter

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:35 PM
How is that not DPI??

D Rock
12-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Diontae better ask for some Focus Factor for Christmas.

He wont make many receptions when he is running his routes out of bounds

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 06:37 PM
How is that not DPI??

Darby pushed DJ out of bounds

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Hahhaaa infected WFT with the drops

D Rock
12-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Darby pushed DJ out of bounds

Nah, I just re-watched the play

DJ turned and backpedaled out of bounds on his own while looking for the ball

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:41 PM
The pillow fight between these teams continues....

Northern_Blitz
12-07-2020, 06:41 PM
Would be nice if I had more confidence in McCloud.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Let’s see how many 1 yard routes we run this possession.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Wow. Converted a 1 yd 3rd down....progress!

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:47 PM
That was the most boring quarter of offense that I’ve ever watched.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 06:48 PM
8 yards rushing in the first quarter

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-07-2020, 06:49 PM
8 yards rushing in the first quarter

7 on one run

skyhawk
So many wasted first downs.

This team goes nowhere with Finctner

NorthCoast
Stupid play by Fichnter

SteelBucks
I absolutely hate those bubble screens. They didn’t work years ago, they don’t work now.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:50 PM
2 drops and counting

skyhawk
Finally a simple route!

SteelBucks
Wow. A downfield throw. Novel concept.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:51 PM
9 guys up near the LOS

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:52 PM
These floaters scare the heck out of me.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Ebron not backing his words

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 06:57 PM
7-0. That was exhausting. lol

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 06:58 PM
that was a nice catch by DJ

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:00 PM
that was a nice catch by DJ

He is maddening to watch. Drops easy ones makes tough ones

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:03 PM
Highsmith looking strong so far

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:04 PM
Didn't get there

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:11 PM
FB in there, split out wide....smh

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:12 PM
Watt whiffed

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:14 PM
We got problems getting 1 freaking yard.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:15 PM
Can't make 1 ft... so sad

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:15 PM
That. Is. Pitiful.

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Steelers run game suckkks lol wow

D Rock
12-07-2020, 07:16 PM
....................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 07:17 PM
We got problems getting 1 freaking yard.

how many teams have we seen this bad movie?

skyhawk
Like I said, they go nowhere with Finctner.

Steelwolf
Stink stank stunk lol

flippy
12-07-2020, 07:19 PM
James Conners job is safe.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:19 PM
We got a 6’5” QB. I don’t care if he has a bum knee. Just follow the center. We’ve seen this team all season not have the ability to get one yard.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 07:21 PM
we're up to 12 yards rushing now

NorthCoast
D Watt plays so little he forgets how to block

SteelBucks
From now on, kick the FG. A yard is a mile to this offense.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:23 PM
Thank god washington didn’t get tackled at the 1.

Ernie
12-07-2020, 07:24 PM
James Conners job is safe.

I agree. The RBs are not the problem though.

Ernie
12-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Like I said, they go nowhere with Finctner.

If we dont develop some semblance of a running game in the next few weeks.. we are prime for an upset come playoff time

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Hilton putting together highlight reel

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:27 PM
A Williamson sighting.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Minkah down.. not good

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:31 PM
Hope minkah is okay

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Why oh why Samuels!?!

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:34 PM
I don’t even know why we try to run the ball.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:35 PM
Another pass behind the LOS

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:35 PM
At least run routes past the sticks.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Pathetic tacking

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Layne being schooled back to back plays

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:40 PM
Our inability to execute third and short is going to gift wrap point to Washington before the half.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:43 PM
What the!?!?

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Holy shaft job

D Rock
12-07-2020, 07:46 PM
wait wait wait....so Washington runs off the field with the ball

and that gets them a stoppage to be able to spot the ball?!?

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Our inability to execute third and short is going to gift wrap point to Washington before the half.

Exactly. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Eich
12-07-2020, 07:48 PM
So, the QB can take the ball off the field to give yourself a “timeout”. Good to know. SMH

Mr.wizard
12-07-2020, 07:48 PM
That is bizarre, you can run away with the ball and get a free clock stoppage??? That cant be the rule.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 07:49 PM
Should have been delay of game. On Alex.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2020, 07:49 PM
If we dont develop some semblance of a running game in the next few weeks.. we are prime for an upset come playoff time

10 rushes for 13 yards in the first half, and 7 of those yards came on one run.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:52 PM

Absolutely zero push by the OL on the goalline. In fact one play they were pushed back two yards! The whole freaking line!

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Lmao. Tony Gonzales: "6 plays from the 1 yd line. That's something they'll have to get corrected in the lockerroom"

Guess he's late to the party

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Absolutely zero push by the OL on the goalline. In fact one play they were pushed back two yards! The whole freaking line!

Likely the worst line play I've seen since the early nineties.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Lmao. Tony Gonzales: "6 plays from the 1 yd line. That's something they'll have to get corrected in the lockerroom"

Guess he's late to the party

In fairness they did move the ball 12 inches.... 2 inches per attempt

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 07:58 PM

This isn’t getting fixed. It’s Week 12.

Put Ben in the shotgun and get creative.

flippy
12-07-2020, 08:01 PM
There was a play where AV, Feiler, Chuks. and DD watched the RB get tackled. Our C must have been lying on his back off the screen.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Now the defense is crapping the bed.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:06 PM
VW took out Spillane.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:07 PM
I sense a Tomlinburger (special) coming.

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 08:07 PM
God not another acl

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:08 PM
Sutton misplayed that

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Need a long offensive drive to rest the defense

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Frustrating team to watch sometimes. 14-10

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Another Christmas gift from this steelers team

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:14 PM
Need a long offensive drive to rest the defense

This is where a running game helps.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Passes 5 yds behind LOS

flippy
12-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Booooooooooo. Sorry, we’re gonna win this.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Another horizontal pass for 1 yard. Then Ebron drops an easy one

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:20 PM
Drop 5....

Who said one bad game last week!?

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:20 PM
Offense is ugly. I’d start punting on first down.

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 08:21 PM
This team is gonna get smoked in the playoffs. Nobodys on the same page

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:21 PM
So tired of this soooo overrated offense. Just wow.

Buzz
12-07-2020, 08:22 PM
Disappointing so far

flippy
12-07-2020, 08:23 PM
I’m feeling glass half full right now.

Ernie
Better believe the whole league is watching this ballgame tonight.. taking notes on how the Washington D is scheming us

Eich
The offense has somehow regressed. It actually now looks worse than last year without Ben

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:24 PM
How is anyone surprised? Even the pundits predicted this.

My chiefs fan friend bet $200 on WFT. Even he knows.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:25 PM
So we lost another LB?

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Does Heinz field pipe in boo sounds?

NorthCoast
I’m feeling glass half full right now.

Would that be full of vomit?

SteelBucks
No one can catch. McCloud almost botched another. We’re giving “JV teams” a bad name.

feltdizz
12-07-2020, 08:33 PM
How is anyone surprised? Even the pundits predicted this.

My chiefs fan friend bet $200 on WFT. Even he knows.

knows how to lose $200?

what was the spread on his bet?

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 08:33 PM
Come on steelers get it done

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:36 PM
Drop 6.... ..

SteelBucks
Drop 6 or 7?

flippy
5 drops tonight. Must be frustrating to be Ben.

skyhawk
Ebron sucks. Period.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:39 PM
5 drops tonight. Must be frustrating to be Ben.

You missed a few flippy

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:39 PM
There was our token run for no yards

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:40 PM
There was our token run for no yards

You mean wasted first down too?

feltdizz
time for a TD

SteelBucks
All our running game does is kill drives

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:41 PM
The offense looks tired.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:41 PM
Uh oh... new kicker needs to step up

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Good job Wright!!

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Uh oh... new kicker needs to step up

Good!

----

feltdizz
Ebron sucks. Period.

yeah, I was afraid his hands could be a problem.

SteelBucks
At least he made it. Barely got it there.

Starlifter
To be 11-0 in December and ready to throw up is excruciating.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:45 PM
We need a turnover bad

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 08:46 PM
We may squeak this out - but Buffalo is salivating right now.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Missed fumble recovery. Huge

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:47 PM
We may squeak this out - but Buffalo is salivating right now.

They’re not salivating yet. They play in 45 minutes.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Better not hear a peep from Ebron this week.
Spouting off about Superbowl...

Steelwolf
12-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Better not hear a peep from Ebron this week.
Spouting off about Superbowl...

Tons of tik tok videos of our crew lol

Mr.wizard
12-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Ben is going to put the nail in the coffin this drive.

skyhawk
Another wasted 1st down.

Fire OC. Now.

SteelBucks
For the love of god, stop with the horizontal passes.

feltdizz
Calm down.. we are going to win this game. I think we get a TD soon and then the D gets a TO to put it out of reach.

Lets go!!!

Mr.wizard
12-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Maybe not.....

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:52 PM
This offense flat out sucks and one of the worst in the league. Change my mind.

SteelBucks
3rd and 10. Run a draw and lose 2

NorthCoast
Center blew his block

SteelBucks
I’ve flipping had it with this offense.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Calm down.. we are going to win this game. I think we get a TD soon and then the D gets a TO to put it out of reach.

Lets go!!!

Do you have any solid evidence for this?

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 08:54 PM
The truth is, our O-line isn’t getting it done. It all starts there and the starts are awful on near every play. We need munchak back - whatever it takes.

Eich
12-07-2020, 08:55 PM
I’m ready to fire Fichtner. It might not even be his fault. But someone should get fired for this pathetic display.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:56 PM
Haden down not good

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:56 PM
I’m ready to fire Fichtner. It might not even be his fault. But someone should get fired for this pathetic display.

True this.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 08:58 PM
This team needs a wake up call. They’re not exactly playoff ready.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 08:58 PM
Blown cover

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 08:59 PM
VW getting torched

Steelwolf

Nope not at all

skyhawk

They go nowhere with Fink

Steelwolf
Defense getting worn

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Please cover someone

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Blown coverage all over the field

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Maybe a loss is what we need. They look flat out awful.

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 09:03 PM
We felt so good after Cincy. It’s been a $hit show ever since.

Ernie
12-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Maybe a loss is what we need. They look flat out awful.

Feels like a loss either way. We can't afford to fall behind KC. We need the bye

flippy
12-07-2020, 09:04 PM
This is a disaster.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Feels like a loss either way. We can't afford to fall behind KC. We need the bye

They got more important things to worry about than the bye.

Starlifter
12-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Actually we’ve been on borrowed time I think.

But this is the part of the game we need a run offense to keep the clock going and control the ball.

But we don’t have that. Could be a quick 3 and out.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:07 PM
Dink and dunk no longer works in this league. Fire fink before it's too late

Steelwolf
43 passes 14 runs

SteelBucks
Haden is concussed.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:08 PM
They got more important things to worry about than the bye.

This offense wins no games in the postseason

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:10 PM
"Weapons "

Boy this team is overrated

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Breaking news. We fail on third and 1 again.

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:11 PM
McFarland...smh

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:11 PM
This team is on drugs.

Ernie
12-07-2020, 09:12 PM
3rd and 1.. and that's the best we can do?

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:12 PM
LBs can't cover Mckissic

D Rock
12-07-2020, 09:13 PM
Last year's offense was better.

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 09:13 PM
Last year's offense was better.

Not sure about that but they are regressing.

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:14 PM
That non recovery by watt cost them this game.

SteelBucks
Just let them score

NorthCoast
Sutton burned

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:15 PM
3rd and 1.. and that's the best we can do?

Worst play call. Ben is on drugs. Srsly

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:15 PM

Watt is far from the problem

flippy
12-07-2020, 09:16 PM
Omg. Are we done?

Terrapin
12-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Get somebody on this f'n team that can catch the ball. These scrubs cannot do it.

Also, what is the outright obsession by Tomlin and Fichnter to throw deep EVERY f'n time they have 4th and 1? God knows they can't run the ball whatsoever, by why the need to chuck it 30 yards when you need a foot?

Stupid coaching, once again.

Oh, and get 'Ray Ray' the **** off this team. He's muffed at least 4 punts this year, and almost dropped another earlier.

skyhawk
Watt is far from the problem

Not the problem. Still cost them big time

The Man of Steel
I thought the lack of urgency at the end of the first half was where this game went off the rails. No 2 minute offense.

D Rock
12-07-2020, 09:19 PM
At least we have 2 full minutes to work with

D Rock
I thought the lack of urgency at the end of the first half was where this game went off the rails. No 2 minute offense.

Agreed. Momentum changed there

feltdizz
Didn’t happen

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:20 PM
3 pts since 2nd quarter says it all

NorthCoast
12-07-2020, 09:20 PM
There's the game

No running game ser you up for these TOs

SteelBucks
12-07-2020, 09:21 PM
11-1. Sorry ass performance.

Steelwolf
Lol game woww

Terrapin
lol............

skyhawk
Ben with a batted ball.

That NEVER happens!

Fire Fincnter now.

feltdizz
ouch. that hurt

skyhawk
12-07-2020, 09:22 PM
My chiefs fan friend just won $400. Even he know how bad this offense is.

Starlifter
Ball game.......

NorthCoast
It's just one bad game... oh wait

Ernie
League is taking note.. this quick/short BS out of the gun is washed up

flippy
Our lack of pass blocking shows up again in tipped passes.