PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis on Steelers-Ravens rivalry

D Rock
11-27-2020, 12:43 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-vs-ravens-ray-lewis-recalls-how-one-of-the-nfls-fiercest-rivalries-truly-began/amp/

Great read of Ray Lewis recounting his respect for the Steelers and how when he came into the league and was establishing a culture and identity for the newly formed Ravens, it was Pittsburgh that he modeled their team dynamic after.

feltdizz
11-28-2020, 07:21 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-vs-ravens-ray-lewis-recalls-how-one-of-the-nfls-fiercest-rivalries-truly-began/amp/

Great read of Ray Lewis recounting his respect for the Steelers and how when he came into the league and was establishing a culture and identity for the newly formed Ravens, it was Pittsburgh that he modeled their team dynamic after.

There is a hate for the Ravens and i think its because there is also a healthy amount of respect.

First time I knew Baltimore would be a problem was back at Three Rivers. Bettis caught a screen pass and Ray Lewis destroyed him. I’m talking “feet in the air, de-cleating, hit so hard you pop right back up because you bounced off the turf” type of hit.

That’s when I realized this team was going to be a problem. I had never seen Bettis hit like that before.

Ghost
11-30-2020, 12:12 PM
T Suggs always had good things to say about Ben being a football player. He and Ben exchanged jerseys after the 2nd game of the 2018 season, Suggs last as a Raven.

"Just respect," Suggs said. "I've been a part of the rivalry for 16 years. That team has raised my level of play. Even rivals can show respect. I respect them tremendously. The player I am is because of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Northern_Blitz
11-30-2020, 12:15 PM
If you like Steelers football, it's hard not to have a grudging respect for the Ravens (especially when you remember that they're actually the Browns dressed up in different uniforms).

They basically modeled their franchise around ours and they found success doing so.

And I still hate them :tt2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-30-2020, 02:21 PM
The difference between the Ravens rivalry and the Bengals rivalry is that there was a mutual respect between the Steelers and Ravens. The Bengals were just a bunch of lowlife thugs who didn't belong in the same discussion, no mater how hard they tried to enter the mix.