PDA

View Full Version : Solution Rats vs Steelers

"BuzzNuter"
11-26-2020, 10:12 AM
They should cancel the Washington vs Steelers game and cancel the Ravens Cowboys game. Both games are non conference. The Steelers and Ravens can play Thursday 12/3. What a game that would be.

Disco1981
11-26-2020, 10:21 AM
They should cancel the Washington vs Steelers game and cancel the Ravens Cowboys game. Both games are non conference. The Steelers and Ravens can play Thursday 12/3. What a game that would be.

No...There should only be 2 options left now...

1) The Ravens play with a severely depleted roster ( That's the reason they implemented all these extra players )

2) Forfeit...And I think this should be the option...Sorry, This is the 2nd time the Steelers have done the right thing and get screwed over it

I realize 2020 sucks Ass...But the Steelers keep getting the shaft...While doing nothing wrong!

The Man of Steel
11-26-2020, 10:48 AM
The Ravens organization should really step up and do the right thing by asking the NFL to award them a forfeit loss so then both teams can just move on.

"BuzzNuter"
11-26-2020, 11:03 AM
The NFL wants this game to happen. The build up for this solution will be great. I know we get the shaft but it seems that outsiders love the Rats. We will embarrass them in front of a national audience, fair or not. The Steelers will beat the Rats by 2 TDS. Book it!

Buzz
11-26-2020, 11:16 AM
The NFL wants this game to happen. The build up for this solution will be great. I know we get the shaft but it seems that outsiders love the Rats. We will embarrass them in front of a national audience, fair or not. The Steelers will beat the Rats by 2 TDS. Book it!

And what if we lose our playoff bye week in the process? You'd be happy to beat the Ravens, but then lose a playoff advantage we might earn for having the best record?

If the Ravens can't go on Sunday, they should have to forfeit.

"BuzzNuter"
11-26-2020, 11:24 AM
I know it's not fair but look at the marketing side for the NFL. We are the most hated team , they verified this by polls. You have a villain (us) and their darling (rats & MVP). I just think this will happen and we will destroy them. I am not worried about us losing to the rats, it's not going to happen. If it does we don't deserve the #1 seed.

"BuzzNuter"
11-26-2020, 11:40 AM
11/05/2007, Sunday night football. Steve McNair was QB of the Rats. They were playing us of course. A lot of hype going into that one. We destroyed them 38-7. That was Brian Billicks last year as coach. History repeats it self. We are living in some grand times brothers, enjoy it while it's here.

flippy
11-26-2020, 12:28 PM
I want to beat 16 teams in the regular season and then 3 more on our way to hoisting the Lombardi.

No asterisks.

And we usually come out sluggish after a bye, so maybe the Ravens at the end of the season taking away our bye helps us.

Buzz
11-26-2020, 01:22 PM
I want to beat 16 teams in the regular season and then 3 more on our way to hoisting the Lombardi.

No asterisks.

And we usually come out sluggish after a bye, so maybe the Ravens at the end of the season taking away our bye helps us.

I also would prefer to play a 16-game slate, but don't want to be penalized for the Ravens' transgressions. I can't agree that a physical matchup with the Ravens following week 17, taking away our playoff bye week, would be a help to us. As far as asterisks, this whole season is, in a sense, an asterisk season, isn't it? It's bad enough to lose a big part of home field advantage because we have no/few fans in the stands. There's no way to perfectly run this screwed-up season, but they should aim for a decent level of fairness.

Steel Maniac
11-26-2020, 02:10 PM
The Ravens organization should really step up and do the right thing by asking the NFL to award them a forfeit loss so then both teams can just move on.

That would require Harbaugh not being a jerk. Won’t happen,

hawaiiansteel
11-26-2020, 02:14 PM

that will happen right about the time this happens:

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/400x/12723741.jpg

Northern_Blitz
11-26-2020, 02:57 PM
And what if we lose our playoff bye week in the process? You'd be happy to beat the Ravens, but then lose a playoff advantage we might earn for having the best record?

If the Ravens can't go on Sunday, they should have to forfeit.

If they get rid of the bye for the first seed, then finishing 1st vs 2nd masters way less.

It would allow us to rest guys in the last game or two of the regular season.

There is a 0% chance of a forfeit IMO

bostonsteeler
11-27-2020, 12:00 AM
The NFL wont want a forfeit. They will lose money. The TV stations will lose money. Too much money involved.

Captain Lemming
11-27-2020, 08:53 AM

Get real dude. Nobody is gonna do that.

I promise you NOT ONE OF YOU would suggest we do that if the tables were turned. Lets give up our undefeated season and possible top seed to "do the right thing"?

If the league forced a forfeit on us because a trainer was an idiot, you all would scream bloody murder over it.

It is hilarious the bias....the league is out to get us cause they hate the Steelers?

They did us a favor. They did the right thing.

If the league did what YOU want, WE could have an outbreak on OUR team.

feltdizz
11-27-2020, 09:31 AM

I promise you NOT ONE OF YOU would suggest we do that if the tables were turned. Lets give up our undefeated season and possible top seed to "do the right thing"?

If the league forced a forfeit on us because a trainer was an idiot, you all would scream bloody murder over it.

It is hilarious the bias....the league is out to get us cause they hate the Steelers?

They did us a favor. They did the right thing.

If the league did what YOU want, WE could have an outbreak on OUR team.

I always say politics is like sports. The other side is ALWAYS cheating and getting special treatment from the media.

Buzz
11-27-2020, 11:07 AM

Of course, no Steelers fan would like losing our undefeated season and possibly giving up the top seed ... but if the league keeps postponing all these covid make-up games, it's likely to create a much bigger mess that they can't fix. What if there's continued outbreak (or a new one) on the Ravens, and they have to postpone another game or two of theirs this season? That's quite feasible, isn't it? Are they going to add an extra 2 or 3 weeks just to accomodate Ravens make-up games? Are they going to have other playoff teams wait those 2 or 3 weeks without playing until they can determine whether the Ravens make the playoffs? And not just the Ravens, it wouldn't be too surprising to end up with another team or two having to play these make-up games. Just as nobody likes a tie, nobody really likes a forfeit (with the possible exception of fordfixer), but I think the cleanest way to proceed with the season might well be to use it in these instances. I would much rather see that than the mess that could come if they have to play a bunch of extra games after week 17.

feltdizz
11-27-2020, 12:43 PM
Denver just had to shut their facility down.

Anyone who watched the FAKE NOOZ knows cases are going up like crazy. There is no conspiracy by the NFL and the Rats. Just regular people making bad decisions or thinking it can’t happen to them.

I think the NFL will probably have to push the playoffs back a week or 2 because it’s going to continue to spike these next few weeks.

Steel Maniac
11-29-2020, 12:04 PM
Of course, no Steelers fan would like losing our undefeated season and possibly giving up the top seed ... but if the league keeps postponing all these covid make-up games, it's likely to create a much bigger mess that they can't fix. What if there's continued outbreak (or a new one) on the Ravens, and they have to postpone another game or two of theirs this season? That's quite feasible, isn't it? Are they going to add an extra 2 or 3 weeks just to accomodate Ravens make-up games? Are they going to have other playoff teams wait those 2 or 3 weeks without playing until they can determine whether the Ravens make the playoffs? And not just the Ravens, it wouldn't be too surprising to end up with another team or two having to play these make-up games. Just as nobody likes a tie, nobody really likes a forfeit (with the possible exception of fordfixer), but I think the cleanest way to proceed with the season might well be to use it in these instances. I would much rather see that than the mess that could come if they have to play a bunch of extra games after week 17.

There won’t be any forfeitures. The greed is too high.

There is a national spiking of Covid so for the NFL to think they’d be excluded from it is just asinine. I don’t believe anyone should be fined or draft picks taken away. It is what it is at this point.

They talk about a vaccine by March/ April. But at this rate, everyone in this country will have been exposed by then. Won’t be a need because everyone will have antibodies developed in their systems.

Eich
11-29-2020, 01:22 PM
They talk about a vaccine by March/ April. But at this rate, everyone in this country will have been exposed by then. Won’t be a need because everyone will have antibodies developed in their systems.

A lot of exposures? Yes. Everyone? Not even close. We'll need the vaccine as soon as it’s available. And for at least the next few years and maybe forever if antibodies don’t last more than a year.

hawaiiansteel
11-29-2020, 03:57 PM

don't believe everything you read in the National Enquirer :roll:

"BuzzNuter"
11-30-2020, 05:36 PM
Looks like I'm going to be right.

NorthCoast
12-02-2020, 09:42 AM
I got a pit in my stomach over the thought that Harbaugh might instruct his players to be sure to spit and cough when they are on the field against the Steelers. Easy way to sabotage the Steelers' season. Maybe the Steelers should require face shields on all helmets?

Disco1981
12-02-2020, 09:55 AM
I got a pit in my stomach over the thought that Harbaugh might instruct his players to be sure to spit and cough when they are on the field against the Steelers. Easy way to sabotage the Steelers' season. Maybe the Steelers should require face shields on all helmets?

As much as I hate Hairball...I don't even think he would resort to that...Cheap shots, Absolutely!

feltdizz
12-02-2020, 12:04 PM

huh? all teams spit and cough on the field during football games.

fordfixer
12-02-2020, 12:18 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-encouraging-players-to-wear-new-face-shields-but-not-expected-to-make-them-mandatory-per-report/

I’m not sure how many if any of the players are using these.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-02-2020, 12:26 PM

As much as I dislike the Ravens, this is not the 2015 Bengals. As was discussed on another thread, the Steelers/Ravens rivalry is built on mutual respect as football organizations. IMO Harbaugh would do anything as a competitor to win this game and destroy the unbeaten season, but not that.

NorthCoast
12-02-2020, 12:45 PM
As much as I dislike the Ravens, this is not the 2015 Bengals. As was discussed on another thread, the Steelers/Ravens rivalry is built on mutual respect as football organizations. IMO Harbaugh would do anything as a competitor to win this game and destroy the unbeaten season, but not that.mostly agree with you with one big BUT... a desperate team with their post season on the line, it could be very tempting to send the Steelers on a covid slide in the last weeks of the schedule. Shudder to imagine facing that schedule without Roethlisberger at QB for example.