PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the season...

whisper
11-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Two things are on my mind: 1.) Us winning the division. 2.) Us grabbing the 1st seed overall to have a chance of beating KC.

Pgh

@Jax - We all know it's on our minds: a Tomlin turd vs. a bad team. Make no mistake, this Jags team is bad; it's devoid of almost any talent. I watched some of their game this week and they are just lacking all over, but somehow managed to stay in the game in GB, 20-24. And historically, the Jags beat us more than we beat them, going back to their very 1st game vs. us in the franchise history, which we had no business in losing. But I, like most of you, am hoping our days of losing to the worst teams is over. But I just can't quite assume 100% a win, here.

Balt - Enormous, Thanksgiving, primetime game. We were lucky to win the 1st matchup; they ran the ball down our face and we were anemic trying to rush the ball. We were a pick 6 and a final last second pass from a loss. I know many feel the league has figure Jackson out, but it took every break to win the first game against them.

Wash - Actually have more talents than Jax, but not much. We got to win this one.

@Bills - I know they just lost to an up-in-coming AZ team, but this game scares me. We are going to need to be able to rush the ball, and, right now, there are no signs of a rushin game, if they keep Conner as the guy getting all the carries.

@Cinci - Looking at Sunday's game, it's hard to think Cinci has a great chance.

Colts - No gimmee game.

@Browns - they will likely be playing for something, not sure if we will be or not.

Balt Schedule

TN - have fallen way down lately but still could be a challenge for Ravens.

@Steelers.

Cowboys - a win.

@Browns - Not a gimmee. Browns could pose a challenge. They are learning how to win.

Jags. Win.

Giants.

@Cinci.

KC Schedule

@LV.
@Tampa.
Broncos.
@Fins.
@NO.
Falcons.
Chargers.

That's 4 really tough games.

Considering all that, we got a real chance at winning the div. and a 1 seed.

Steel Maniac
11-16-2020, 04:16 PM
I think the Titans rebound. 10 days off to get ready for an opponent that they beat in the playoffs and they don't have to learn a new recipe to beat them again. I like the Titans this coming week in a key playoff positional game for both. Ravens are currently the 7th seed in a cluster of teams fighting for playoff spots.

whisper
11-16-2020, 04:56 PM
I think the Titans rebound. 10 days off to get ready for an opponent that they beat in the playoffs and they don't have to learn a new recipe to beat them again. I like the Titans this coming week in a key playoff positional game for both. Ravens are currently the 7th seed in a cluster of teams fighting for playoff spots.

It's a tough call - both are looking to bounce back. Ravens favored by 6.5.

BURGH86STEEL
11-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Again every team in the league has talent. Even the Jags. The Jags gave the Packers a tough game. Teams can win if they can compete.

hawaiiansteel
11-16-2020, 05:24 PM
Again every team in the league has talent. Even the Jags. The Jags gave the Packers a tough game.

you're not kidding, I had the Packers in Survivor yesterday and don't have any fingernails left.

BURGH86STEEL
11-16-2020, 05:27 PM
you're not kidding, I had the Packers in Survivor yesterday and don't have any fingernails left.

Sometimes it's not even about the talent. It's boils down to how well the teams perform. Because every team in the NFL has talent.

I'm not sure why some people don't understand this by now??

Oviedo
11-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Sometimes it's not even about the talent. It's boils down to how well the teams perform. Because every team in the NFL has talent.

I'm not sure why some people don't understand this by now??

Because they look for something to complain about regarding the team they claim to be fans of. Only the Steelers have bad losses

hawaiiansteel
11-16-2020, 09:02 PM
Because they look for something to complain about regarding the team they claim to be fans of. Only the Steelers have bad losses

yup, notice how with a certain poster in the Lamar Jackson thread it's always LJ's fault when his team loses but whenever the Steelers lose it's always Mike Tomlin's fault?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-16-2020, 09:26 PM

Me too....and the Steelers the week before. It took all week for me to grow those back.

hawaiiansteel
11-16-2020, 09:28 PM
Me too....and the Steelers the week before. It took all week for me to grow those back.

same here, great minds obviously think alike!!

who are you thinking about taking this week?

Starlifter
11-16-2020, 11:38 PM
mike vrabel is a heckuva lot smarter than harbaugh. 10 days to prepare and Tenn has to know they may need the tie breaker against the rats. Patriots ran right up the middle on the rats.

I think (and I hope) the titans make a statement win.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 12:08 AM
mike vrabel is a heckuva lot smarter than harbaugh. 10 days to prepare and Tenn has to know they may need the tie breaker against the rats. Patriots ran right up the middle on the rats.

Exactly; 10 days to prep; I like the Titans. Bye bye Ratbirds.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-17-2020, 12:23 AM
same here, great minds obviously think alike!!

who are you thinking about taking this week?

Depending on who you have left I like the Browns, Dolphins and Vikes. Maybe New England if you need to gamble depending on who you have left.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 12:32 AM
Depending on who you have left I like the Browns, Dolphins and Vikes. Maybe New England if you need to gamble depending on who you have left.

thanks, I have all of those teams left except the Dolphins who I used in Week 6 against the Jets.

Northern_Blitz
11-17-2020, 06:17 AM
yup, notice how with a certain poster in the Lamar Jackson thread it's always LJ's fault when his team loses but whenever the Steelers lose it's always Mike Tomlin's fault?

I think this is an interesting observation.

feltdizz
11-17-2020, 07:46 AM

We see it on here with a few posters. We win in spite of coaching and lose because of it.

Oviedo
11-17-2020, 08:21 AM
We see it on here with a few posters. We win in spite of coaching and lose because of it.

This^^^^

The constant noise you hear are the goal posts being moved for Tomlin. If we go 16-0 he will be criticized for not winning the Super Bowl, ignoring that 16-0 has only hapened twice before in the history of the NFL. If we win the Super Bowl, he will be criticized for not winning more.

The will always be a "but" by some who hate Tomlin no matter the accomplishments

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 01:16 PM

Northern, that is hear say. That was never stated. Never. Don’t take his word for gospel. Just more made up stuff.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 01:26 PM
Northern, that is hear say. That was never stated. Never. Don’t take his word for gospel. Just more made up stuff.

you can't make the stupid stuff you say up.

just when I think you have reached an all-time low in stupidity and ignorance you outdo yourself once again.

Starlifter
11-17-2020, 01:54 PM
I miss the Trib boards. People were civil there........

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 01:56 PM

the Trib board was equivalent to the Wild Wild West :D

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 02:03 PM

Starlifter, you know what's going on; this cornball's ignorance knows no bounds. All he does is follow me like a school girl. He's decided to mess up all the threads that I'm having discussions in. He doesn't care about ruining his fellow poster's experience. He doesn't. He's not even intelligent enough to apologize to his fellow posters for his continued actions. It's so comical to me that he reminds me of crying Arsenio Hall in the movie, Harlem Nights. Haahahahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXxlYCU0aY

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 02:04 PM

I apologize for his ignorance; since he doesn't have good enough sense to do it. That's why he's on ignore. I will continue to step over his dead body and continue normal
football conversations.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 02:05 PM
he reminds me of crying Arsenio Hall in the movie, Harlem Nights. Haahahahaha

you have the maturity level of a 12 year old.

and I apologize to all the 12 year olds in this world for insulting them like that.

Oviedo
11-17-2020, 02:28 PM
Starlifter, you know what's going on; this cornball's ignorance knows no bounds. All he does is follow me like a school girl. He's decided to mess up all the threads that I'm having discussions in. He doesn't care about ruining his fellow poster's experience. He doesn't. He's not even intelligent enough to apologize to his fellow posters for his continued actions. It's so comical to me that he reminds me of crying Arsenio Hall in the movie, Harlem Nights. Haahahahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXxlYCU0aY

He is right in that you won't own the fact you hate Tomlin and always have. Recent begrudgingly giving faint half hearted praise doesn't change that.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 02:36 PM
He is right in that you won't own the fact you hate Tomlin and always have. Recent begrudgingly giving faint half hearted praise doesn't change that.

Oveido, you are wrong. I don't hate Tomlin. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and that's the ramblings of a mad man. I don't hate anybody. You give this poster room waaaaaay too much credit. Why would anybody have to lie about how they feel about someone to a bunch of strangers your never going to meet????
Oveido, I can assure you, I don't hate Tomlin.

**** Why can't we focus on our goal of winning the division/securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs? This is an awesome time for all of us Steeler fans. We should be happy/hopeful for a great rest of the season. I understand Hawiian's issues (mental) but why are there others who are just focusing on negativity on an undefeated/first place team in the division?? This is a great time for us.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 02:48 PM
Oveido, you are wrong. I don't hate Tomlin. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and that's the ramblings of a mad man. I don't hate anybody. You give this poster room waaaaaay too much credit. Why would anybody have to lie about how they feel about someone to a bunch of strangers your never going to meet????

**** Why can't we focus on our goal of winning the division/securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs? This is an awesome time for all of us Steeler fans. We should be happy/hopeful for a great rest of the season. I understand Hawiian's issues (mental) but why are there others who are just focusing on negativity on an undefeated/first place team in the division?? This is a great time for us.

we're 9-0, yet you still have your sig wanting Tomlin fired.

you are a walking contradiction.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 03:18 PM
When you talk about rest of the season, we can start with Chris Wormley returning to practice this week. I know we've been concerned about teams running on us so this is a step in the right direction in
addressing that.

Oviedo
11-17-2020, 03:25 PM

Well, to me "madness" is denying what you have written in your sig and not considering changing it

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Well, to me "madness" is denying what you have written in your sig and not considering changing it

Oviedo, can you and I talk? I'm willing to hear you out.

What about my sig is bugging you so? Please be specific. I"m hoping I can put this to bed once and for all. Because we are talking about other great things that are
going on with us and then it always comes back to the sig.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 03:47 PM
What about my sig is bugging you so? Please be specific. I"m hoping I can put this to bed once and for all. Because we are talking about other great things that are

you mean the sig where you want Tomlin fired even though we're 9-0 now? :roll:

Northern_Blitz
11-17-2020, 04:17 PM

I love the faux open mindedness.

Oviedo
11-17-2020, 04:20 PM

"Faux" means fake...correct?

Oviedo
11-17-2020, 04:21 PM

Eliminate your negative sig and we are good as gold

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 04:23 PM

Northern_Blitz, you too? I wouldn't ask if I wasn't being sincere. Gzzz. I"m trying to get some constructive dialog here.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 04:24 PM
Eliminate your negative sig and we are good as gold

Is it the reference to Miami Dolphins fans that your referring to? Please be more specific.

whisper
11-17-2020, 04:27 PM

Balt. was missing two beasts on the DL, including Campbell, who is a freaking monster.

whisper
11-17-2020, 04:31 PM

So you had to turn this thread into a Steel Maniac bashing as well...is there any thread that you don't do this?

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 04:32 PM

no kidding, feigned sincerity is worse than brutal honesty.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 04:37 PM

Northern_ Blitz, can you and I get on the same page about just a couple of things?

1. Can we not do this in every thread? It's not fair to the rest of us posters who just want to talk Steeler football.
2. Can you set up one thread where all this can be addressed so that way it doesn't spill into other threads? You can call it, " Steel Maniac's sig" if you wish. Something along those lines.

There, we can hash all this out. We need to be considerate to other posters.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 04:41 PM
We need to be considerate to other posters.

you should look in the mirror, ever wonder why so many posters on this board find you annoying?

if you stop, others will stop.

whisper
11-17-2020, 04:52 PM

So what? He's not allowed to dislike someone? Why? Should we tell him which flavor of icecream is his favorite? And also, he's not allowed to change his mind? I was a huge Tomlin fan until about 2012, and there were some seasons in there I thought he was making some horrid decisions and he was far too "player friendly" and rarely had to the team focused for the weak teams. We endlessly lost to the worst teams in the league; that is not good coaching. Then we had the "Release hell in December" which was an embarrassing joke.

But he's improved the last 2 seasons. And with his better performance, I like him better. So? Was this thread about Tomlin?

whisper
11-17-2020, 04:54 PM
you should look in the mirror, ever wonder why so many posters on this board find you annoying?

if you stop, others will stop.

Others? I don't see "others" trashing every thread SM posts in. You're obsessed with the guy. Smoke some sticky icky icky and chill out.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 04:56 PM
So what? He's not allowed to dislike someone? Why? Should we tell him which flavor of icecream is his favorite? And also, he's not allowed to change his mind? I was a huge Tomlin fan until about 2012, and there were some seasons in there I thought he was making some horrid decisions and he was far too "player friendly" and rarely had to the team focused for the weak teams. We endlessly lost to the worst teams in the league; that is not good coaching. Then we had the "Release hell in December" which was an embarrassing joke.

But he's improved the last 2 seasons. And with his better performance, I like him better. So? Was this thread about Tomlin?

I don't want to talk about it in this thread. They need to start a specific thread about this and I'll be happy to listen to North_Blitz, Oviedo, Northcoast, Wizard, Feltzdizz. Anyone who isn't on my ignore list. But we need to put this in another thread.

feltdizz
11-17-2020, 05:52 PM

wait.. you were a fan of Tomlin until right after the last SB appearance and the obvious rebuild that took place after 2 SB runs in 3 years?

How convenient.. lmao, thanks for the honesty.

and it was UNLEASH HELL!!! Get it right. ;)

whisper
11-17-2020, 05:57 PM
you mean the sig where you want Tomlin fired even though we're 9-0 now? :roll:

Yea, why don't you get over it; you're the only one who is obsessed with it.

whisper
11-17-2020, 06:14 PM
wait.. you were a fan of Tomlin until right after the last SB appearance and the obvious rebuild that took place after 2 SB runs in 3 years?

and it was UNLEASH HELL!!! Get it right. ;)

It wasn't "right after." And it was a full 4 years after his lone SB win. That's a full college career. And who thinks they have any right to tell others how to feel about anyone? That's horse crap.

whisper
11-17-2020, 06:16 PM
I don't want to talk about it in this thread. They need to start a specific thread about this and I'll be happy to listen to North_Blitz, Oviedo, Northcoast, Wizard, Feltzdizz. Anyone who isn't on my ignore list. But we need to put this in another thread.

Nope, he's going to continue to pollute this board by bringing it up in any thread you comment in. I started this thread, and it was a good subject. But now it's back to trolling.

Steel Maniac
11-17-2020, 06:52 PM
Rest of the season....

We've got guys coming back; I'm just hoping to get to 14 win now. Which I think can lock up best record in the AFC. I want the buy; that's one less playoff game we have to play and we will need that week
off considering our normal bye week went up in Covid smoke. I'm thinking (hoping) Chiefs drop another game and give us some breathing space. Needless to say, I'm keeping an eye on the Chiefs/Raiders game this weekend. I"ll be a Raider fan that day. :tt2

Northern_Blitz
11-17-2020, 07:13 PM
Northern_Blitz, you too? I wouldn't ask if I wasn't being sincere. Gzzz. I"m trying to get some constructive dialog here.

I'm not trying to pile on (too much) here.

But I think it's clear that you don't like Tomlin and that nothing will change your mind (even another SB win IMO).

I'm not going to try to convince you to believe that firing Tomlin is a stupid idea anymore because I think you're anchored in pretty hard.

I've accepted that and I'm not trying to be a dick about it.

And if we do win this year (that would be Tomlin's 3rd SB trip and 2nd win), I'm sure there'll be some equivalent of "not Tomlin's players" goal post moving that happens to deal with the cognitive dissonance.

Northern_Blitz
11-17-2020, 07:22 PM

Oui oui ("yes yes" or maybe "yeah yeah")

One downside of growing up in Canada (even the unilingual English parts) is that we end up picking up a bit of French even if we're terrible at / have very little interest in languages (like me). [Maybe it helps with being a pretentious academic :p]

Another downside is that living in the US, it grates on my nerves when people say "foyer" (CDN "foy - eh" US "fo - yer") or "niche" (CDN "ni - SHH" US: "Nitch"). But it's worse for my wife, who's French Canadian :p.

OTOH, my students have to deal with my "ehs", my "a-boot"s, and my "eh?"s (and my discussions about Kraft Dinner, Ketchup Chips, and Canadian Thanksgiving).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpThrDfQEI

Captain Lemming
11-17-2020, 08:52 PM

No dude. "Faux" is a small wolf like canine...common in his native Canada.

Its spelled that way (rather than "fox") because it's a Canadian thing.

My state of Idaho borders Canada so I know the lingo, up there. Over time you get to be bye-lingual in this state. I have become quite proficient in both the English and Canadian languages.

I feel like I constantly have to educate you people!!!

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Steeler fan when I see the lack of world knowledge in this place.

feltdizz
11-17-2020, 09:02 PM
It wasn't "right after." And it was a full 4 years after his lone SB win. That's a full college career. And who thinks they have any right to tell others how to feel about anyone? That's horse crap.

a full college career? What the hell does that even mean?

Most NFL teams don’t win a SB... ever. Let alone in a full college career.

Seattle
San Fran
LA Rams
Tampa
Dallas
WFT
Miami
Seattle
New Orlean
Chicago
Green Bay

I could keep going but you get the idea. It’s definitely horsecrap to think Tomlin needs to win another SB within 4 years or he’s not up to the job.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2020, 09:07 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c789ed030d6c2311b90766adea0a5485/tenor.gif?itemid=12889291

whisper
11-17-2020, 09:15 PM

My state of Idaho borders Canada so I know the lingo, up there. Over time you get to be bye-lingual in this state. I have become quite proficient in both the English and Canadian languages.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Steeler fan when I see the lack of world knowledge in this place.

Pullleeeezeeee. "Faux" is the paper that comes out of a "faux machine" that was popular in the 80's before the "Internaux" caught on.

Captain Lemming
11-17-2020, 11:46 PM
Pullleeeezeeee. "Faux" is the paper that comes out of a "faux machine" that was popular in the 80's before the "Internaux" caught on.

Nice......... :)

Captain Lemming
11-17-2020, 11:52 PM
Oui oui ("yes yes" or maybe "yeah yeah")

One downside of growing up in Canada (even the unilingual English parts) is that we end up picking up a bit of French even if we're terrible at / have very little interest in languages (like me). [Maybe it helps with being a pretentious academic :p]

Another downside is that living in the US, it grates on my nerves when people say "foyer" (CDN "foy - eh" US "fo - yer") or "niche" (CDN "ni - SHH" US: "Nitch"). But it's worse for my wife, who's French Canadian :p.

OTOH, my students have to deal with my "ehs", my "a-boot"s, and my "eh?"s (and my discussions about Kraft Dinner, Ketchup Chips, and Canadian Thanksgiving).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpThrDfQEI

AND Poutine...
Idaho, the land of the potato wants desperately for that dish to grow in popularity on this side of the border. :)

Captain Lemming
11-18-2020, 12:14 AM
One more reason I love Canada...it is where most of my people (Lemmings) are from.

It is also why I hate "fauxes" those bloodthirsty murderers

whisper
11-18-2020, 12:57 AM
a full college career? What the hell does that even mean?

Most NFL teams don’t win a SB... ever. Let alone in a full college career.

Seattle
San Fran
LA Rams
Tampa
Dallas
WFT
Miami
Seattle
New Orlean
Chicago
Green Bay

I could keep going but you get the idea. It’s definitely horsecrap to think Tomlin needs to win another SB within 4 years or he’s not up to the job.

That's a beautiful straw man and all. I never stated I grew weary of Tomlin because he didn't win a Super Bowl between 08 and 2012, I said that's when I started to not be a fan. Big difference. But enjoy your straw men, it's all good.

flippy
11-18-2020, 05:15 AM
AND Poutine...
Idaho, the land of the potato wants desperately for that dish to grow in popularity on this side of the border. :)

The first time I had Poutine in Montreal I didn't realize it was a thing in Canada and just thought they stole the idea from the Potato Patch @ Kennywood park. Getting fries at the Potato Patch was always one of my favorite summertime memories as a kid.

I've also noticed in the last 5-10 years different foodie cities having gourmet poutine offerings. Think Primantis meets poutine. Can't remember where but I had some poutine like meal from a food truck with a fried egg on top with choices of a lot of other weird toppings.

Speaking of Canadian phrases, the couple that always stand out for me are:

1. Sorry (pronounced sore-eeee) - Not sure why but it seems every 5 min conversation includes a sorry. I know a lot of apologetic people in Canada.

2. Toronto (pronounced Turr-ronno) - This one almost sounds yinzer like except we'd replace the o's with a's as in Turr-ranna.

3. Pop - Canadians, Pittsburghers, and Colorado-ians can bond over pop. Although pop tastes different in Canada without the chemicals.

4. double double - I never knew what this was for the longest time. i actually thought it was a brand of coffee from Timmies hearing so many people order it. i would try to fit in and not stand out, so i'd order them thinking i was getting some special canadian blend.

There's a bunch more, but I've always thought Canadian-speak would come from a family heritage of Yinzers, Southerns, and French people mixing their DNAs.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 05:48 AM

We do love adding "u" to words for no reason.

And watch out for those F-ing fauxes!

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/fox-species-photography-fb__700.jpg

Sure they look cute, but those b!itches will eat your poutine without even having the courtesy to say sorry.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 05:51 AM
AND Poutine...

I've tried some here in NY, but it's not that good.

Honestly, it's not that good in most places around Toronto where I grew up.

You basically need to be in Quebec (or at least close because they seem to do it pretty well around Ottawa). There's something about the taste of the gravy around there (and I think the cheese curds are higher quality).

But poutine is kind of like Pizza. Even "bad" poutine is still good.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 06:07 AM
The first time I had Poutine in Montreal I didn't realize it was a thing in Canada and just thought they stole the idea from the Potato Patch @ Kennywood park. Getting fries at the Potato Patch was always one of my favorite summertime memories as a kid.

I've also noticed in the last 5-10 years different foodie cities having gourmet poutine offerings. Think Primantis meets poutine. Can't remember where but I had some poutine like meal from a food truck with a fried egg on top with choices of a lot of other weird toppings.

Speaking of Canadian phrases, the couple that always stand out for me are:

1. Sorry (pronounced sore-eeee) - Not sure why but it seems every 5 min conversation includes a sorry. I know a lot of apologetic people in Canada.

2. Toronto (pronounced Turr-ronno) - This one almost sounds yinzer like except we'd replace the o's with a's as in Turr-ranna.

3. Pop - Canadians, Pittsburghers, and Colorado-ians can bond over pop. Although pop tastes different in Canada without the chemicals.

4. double double - I never knew what this was for the longest time. i actually thought it was a brand of coffee from Timmies hearing so many people order it. i would try to fit in and not stand out, so i'd order them thinking i was getting some special canadian blend.

There's a bunch more, but I've always thought Canadian-speak would come from a family heritage of Yinzers, Southerns, and French people mixing their DNAs.

These are all great.

I think the craziest one for pronunciations is how Canadians are technically supposed to say "left - tenant" instead of "lieutenant".

I don't know if they actually do that in the military, but I've only heard people saying this in jest (because it's so obviously a stupid pronunciation when there's no "f" or any combination of letters that could make an "f" sound).

We got this one from the British instead of the French.

We also do the "don't pronounce the letters in the middle of city names like Gloucester" too (pronounced "Gloster" and not "Glo-chester"). Also from the English. I think they got jealous of the French who often don't pronounce any consonants after you get past about the halfway point in any word.

The other one that gets me in class is "z" being "zee" instead of "zed" (because sometimes we use that letter in math). But I think I've mostly worked this out of my vocabulary (unlike eh, which I hold on to as a point of pride).

"Zee" is better IMO because using it makes for better rhyming in the song.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 06:26 AM

This is the winner here I think.

The worst part is that they still want me to use "faux" machines (or snail mail) if I have to send information to the government. I'm not sure if they trust the "internaux" up there yet...and since it was arguably created in Boston, I'm not sure you can blame them (hard to trust anything that could have ties to the Pats).

Oviedo
11-18-2020, 09:10 AM
I've tried some here in NY, but it's not that good.

Honestly, it's not that good in most places around Toronto where I grew up.

You basically need to be in Quebec (or at least close because they seem to do it pretty well around Ottawa). There's something about the taste of the gravy around there (and I think the cheese curds are higher quality).

Love the fries and gravy, but can't get past the cheese curd...and I love cheese

Captain Lemming
11-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Love the fries and gravy, but can't get past the cheese curd...and I love cheese

Dude...thats the best part. To each his own.

flippy
11-18-2020, 09:40 AM

Agreed. I can’t remember which city I was flying out of, but I wanted to grab food for the flight, was running out of time, and only Burger King was close to my gate. So I ordered poutine to go.

It made me think of buying the cheapest frozen pizza that’s got no flavor, but I’d still have it again in a pinch. It was still ok.

I also thought Canadians must think I’m an idiot buying poutine from BK. Kinda like buying sushi from a gas station.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 10:58 AM
Agreed. I can’t remember which city I was flying out of, but I wanted to grab food for the flight, was running out of time, and only Burger King was close to my gate. So I ordered poutine to go.

It made me think of buying the cheapest frozen pizza that’s got no flavor, but I’d still have it again in a pinch. It was still ok.

I also thought Canadians must think I’m an idiot buying poutine from BK. Kinda like buying sushi from a gas station.

I'm just cringing at the idea of gas station sushi.

Steel Maniac
11-18-2020, 11:18 AM
I'm just cringing at the idea of gas station sushi.

Take a book to the rest room ; you’ll be there for a while after you eat that!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Come on guys. If I wanted to talk all things Canadian I would have joined a hockey forum.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2020, 06:36 PM
Dude...thats the best part. To each his own.

Lemming, you're doing the internet wrong on this one.

whisper
11-19-2020, 12:23 AM
Exactly; 10 days to prep; I like the Titans. Bye bye Ratbirds.

Both good teams; very angry and hungry for a win. Both have been exposed to a degree. This is a tough game to call. Line is Balt. -6.5.

whisper
11-19-2020, 12:29 AM
This is the winner here I think.

The worst part is that they still want me to use "faux" machines (or snail mail) if I have to send information to the government. I'm not sure if they trust the "internaux" up there yet...and since it was arguably created in Boston, I'm not sure you can blame them (hard to trust anything that could have ties to the Pats).

:D Now that's funny.