PDA

View Full Version : So, Tampa adds AB and all of a sudden...

whisper
11-10-2020, 01:27 AM
...they get creamed, O is shut down. Brady gives him too many targets, team looks discombobulated. SMH. Has AB ruined team chemistry?

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 01:43 AM
Please, no more AB threads!

hawaiiansteel
11-10-2020, 01:46 AM
...they get creamed, O is shut down. Brady gives him too many targets

in all fairness Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Fournette all got more targets than AB.

but watching them implode was certainly a thing of beauty!

whisper
11-10-2020, 01:47 AM
Please, no more AB threads!

I agree with you, except this is new news, not rehashed. You KNOW Brady pushed for signing AB and he was trying to prove it was a good idea. Right now, it doesn't appear it was. Lots of football left, but AB is AB.

hawaiiansteel
11-10-2020, 01:49 AM
You KNOW Brady pushed for signing AB

maybe Tom already knew that the Bucs weren't good enough and needed more pieces to compete for a Super Bowl.

whisper
11-10-2020, 01:54 AM
in all fairness Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Fournette all got more targets than AB.

I thought it would be a good game...negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHBsWXaHN8

Oviedo
11-10-2020, 06:42 AM

If you watched the game, Brady was forcing it to Brown with joyful failure. I hope it continues

NorthCoast
11-10-2020, 08:46 AM
heard on the radio yesterday that there might be a power struggle between BA and TB; seems TB wants to take over all playcalling. Let's see how that goes down with BA...hahaha

Eich
11-10-2020, 09:11 AM
heard on the radio yesterday that there might be a power struggle between BA and TB; seems TB wants to take over all playcalling. Let's see how that goes down with BA...hahaha

BA may have bitten off more than he can chew! Just a few months ago, BA publicly says they have no interest in AB, given BA's history with him. Then TB gets his way and AB is signed. If TB really wants play calling duties, this could be good drama.

I hope the whole experiment goes down in flames.

flippy
11-10-2020, 09:14 AM
...they get creamed, O is shut down. Brady gives him too many targets, team looks discombobulated. SMH. Has AB ruined team chemistry?

Just as Shazier projected :)

Oviedo
11-10-2020, 09:15 AM
BA may have bitten off more than he can chew! Just a few months ago, BA publicly says they have no interest in AB, given BA's history with him. Then TB gets his way and AB is signed. If TB really wants play calling duties, this could be good drama.

That would be wonderful viewing pleasure. I have to think there is a lot of tension in the locker room especially with the WRs who were there to have this "carpetbagger" AB come in and take touches from them. Could be lots of resentment if they think Brady is playing puppet master pulling all the strings. Really undermines the whole coaching staff

Eich
11-10-2020, 09:24 AM
That would be wonderful viewing pleasure. I have to think there is a lot of tension in the locker room especially with the WRs who were there to have this "carpetbagger" AB come in and take touches from them. Could be lots of resentment if they think Brady is playing puppet master pulling all the strings. Really undermines the whole coaching staff

And AB is not only getting their touches on the field, but he's LIVING with TB. That's beyond strange IMO. Brady has basically told the team that the receivers aren't good enough without AB and he'll go as far as playing father to AB to get this to work. I can't imagine that sits well with the team.

But who knows, Brady has pulled magic out of his rear before. Nothing will surprise me, including them winning out our flaming out. I hate to admit, but I'd love to see AB melt down in all the ways we know he can.

whisper
11-10-2020, 10:28 AM
And AB is not only getting their touches on the field, but he's LIVING with TB. That's beyond strange IMO. Brady has basically told the team that the receivers aren't good enough without AB and he'll go as far as playing father to AB to get this to work. I can't imagine that sits well with the team.

But who knows, Brady has pulled magic out of his rear before. Nothing will surprise me, including them winning out our flaming out. I hate to admit, but I'd love to see AB melt down in all the ways we know he can.

How much things change in 1 week: Prior to this week's games, it looked like Tom was crushing the Hoodie/Brady drama - Pats looked God-awful, Bucs were being called the best team in the NFC. Then, TB adds AB and got destroyed as bad as any team ever and Pats actually win a game (albeit vs. the terrible Jets, but, hey, it's a win).

Another consecutive loss, and the wheels may come off down in TB.

Oviedo
11-10-2020, 11:55 AM

I'll happily admit I'd like to see an AB melt down and him out of the NFL for good. The guy is a POS

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 12:17 PM

And Arians did the situation no favors by throwing Brady under the bus in the press conference.

Starlifter
11-10-2020, 12:36 PM
I'm not prepared to write off Brady just yet - we've all been burned by that too many times over the years.

But it would certainly be delicious if it was AB that was the catalyst that started the descent into the basement for TB12.

And on a more serious note - no one can ever give Bruce Arians props for his perceived social justice sensitivity. With this signing he has again confirmed the NFL is about people who can play and not a damn thing more. Punch a woman but can run the ball? you're hired. Pull out your junk and shove it in a woman's face but you can catch the ball? you're hired.

AB (and others like him) isn't some misunderstood kid. He's a self-absorbed diva who has had his a$$ kissed his entire career and is clearly textbook narcissistic and potentially sociopathic.

TB and BA are welcome to him - and if it goes south as many predict, it couldn't happen to a better pair.

feltdizz
11-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Slow down.. lol.

I live in Carolina so I see and hear a ton of NFC South football. This division is crazy. You really have no idea what team will show up each game and a blowout one week means squat the next.

I’m sure every team in this division wants to embarrass Brady for thinking he could waltz in and take the crown.

I also think Brady’s struggles in Florida are legit and he will have a hard time adjusting to the weather. No more cold ass NE games where teams just want to get on the first thing smoking with a working heater.

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 01:07 PM
I think Todd Bowles is a good defensive coordinator but Payton had his number the other night. Brees was never really pressed and was just surgical.

Buzz
11-10-2020, 02:27 PM

Getcher popcorn ready. If both Hoodie and Marcia have their teams blow up, it could provide quite the entertainment.

feltdizz
11-10-2020, 02:55 PM
I think Todd Bowles is a good defensive coordinator but Payton had his number the other night. Brees was never really pressed and was just surgical.

I haven’t seen Brees play that well in a while. Honestly, I think the other QB Hill, who they use for gadget plays, had a huge impact on that game.

It’s been a weird year.
Bucs destroy Green Bay
Saints destroy the Bucs
Panthers take KC to the brink
Bills destroy Seattle
Pats barely beat the Jets
Chargers almost beat everyone but always lose
and Steelers are the only undefeated team.

I think the second half is where we might see some teams start to figure out who they are and separate from the pack

or maybe it’s 2020 and the freaking Bills win a SB on a FG.

Disco1981
11-10-2020, 03:08 PM
I'll happily admit I'd like to see an AB melt down and him out of the NFL for good. The guy is a POS

I should be the bigger person but....Damn, That would be nice!

feltdizz
11-10-2020, 03:20 PM
How much things change in 1 week: Prior to this week's games, it looked like Tom was crushing the Hoodie/Brady drama - Pats looked God-awful, Bucs were being called the best team in the NFC. Then, TB adds AB and got destroyed as bad as any team ever and Pats actually win a game (albeit vs. the terrible Jets, but, hey, it's a win).

Another consecutive loss, and the wheels may come off down in TB.

I thought Seattle was still the team to beat in the NFC... until the Bills beat them.

Tampa looks legit on paper but it’s still Tampa and they haven’t been that many winning seasons down there.

whisper
11-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Slow down.. lol.

I live in Carolina so I see and hear a ton of NFC South football. This division is crazy. You really have no idea what team will show up each game and a blowout one week means squat the next.

I’m sure every team in this division wants to embarrass Brady for thinking he could waltz in and take the crown.

I also think Brady’s struggles in Florida are legit and he will have a hard time adjusting to the weather. No more cold ass NE games where teams just want to get on the first thing smoking with a working heater.

I think the "adjustment to the weather" thing has came and went. In FL, you are now looking at temps in the 70's, not 90's. The "adjustment" would have been during camp and in Sept., where the temps and humidity are grueling. Come Nov. and the rest of the season, it's a dream. I am sure he won't be missing up north the rest of the way.

Djfan
11-11-2020, 10:29 AM
I haven’t seen Brees play that well in a while. Honestly, I think the other QB Hill, who they use for gadget plays, had a huge impact on that game.

It’s been a weird year.
Bucs destroy Green Bay
Saints destroy the Bucs
Panthers take KC to the brink
Bills destroy Seattle
Pats barely beat the Jets
Chargers almost beat everyone but always lose
and Steelers are the only undefeated team.

I think the second half is where we might see some teams start to figure out who they are and separate from the pack

or maybe it’s 2020 and the freaking Bills win a SB on a FG.

Great post.

whisper
11-12-2020, 05:15 PM
I thought Seattle was still the team to beat in the NFC... until the Bills beat them.

Tampa looks legit on paper but it’s still Tampa and they haven’t been that many winning seasons down there.

Seattle is mostly just Russell Wilson, who is feakin' unreal. But no rushing game and a soft D. They will be getting some RBs back, but I can't see them contending for a ring with that weak of D. They made the Bills O look like the 80's 9ers.

Steel Maniac
11-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Seattle is mostly just Russell Wilson, who is feakin' unreal. But no rushing game and a soft D. They will be getting some RBs back, but I can't see them contending for a ring with that weak of D. They made the Bills O look like the 80's 9ers.

Seattle added Dunlap and Jamal Adams will start to play as well. I'm expecting to see impact from both those guys in the second half of the season. Then we'll see just where Seattle is at.

whisper
11-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Seattle added Dunlap and Jamal Adams will start to play as well. I'm expecting to see impact from both those guys in the second half of the season. Then we'll see just where Seattle is at.

Good point. And they got a good coach.

hawaiiansteel
11-13-2020, 04:10 PM
Good point. And they got a good coach.

Pete Carroll hasn't won a Super Bowl in more than 6 years.

time to fire him...