PDA

View Full Version : Steelers player tests positive for COVID-19

hawaiiansteel
11-09-2020, 05:31 PM
Nov 09, 2020

Statement from Pittsburgh Steelers Spokesman Burt Lauten:

The Steelers were informed this morning that a player has tested positive for COVID-19. The player immediately was self-quarantined, and the organization continues to be in the NFL's Intensive Protocol. We have been in contact with the NFL and medical advisors to complete the necessary contact tracing. The player will be placed on the team's Reserve/COVID-19 List today.

The health and safety of our players, coaches and staff members remain our highest priority.

https://www.steelers.com/news/statement-from-steelers-spokesman-x0329

Oviedo
11-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Maybe we will get our bye back

NorthCoast
11-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Nov 09, 2020

Statement from Pittsburgh Steelers Spokesman Burt Lauten:

The Steelers were informed this morning that a player has tested positive for COVID-19. The player immediately was self-quarantined, and the organization continues to be in the NFL's Intensive Protocol. We have been in contact with the NFL and medical advisors to complete the necessary contact tracing. The player will be placed on the team's Reserve/COVID-19 List today.

The health and safety of our players, coaches and staff members remain our highest priority.

https://www.steelers.com/news/statement-from-steelers-spokesman-x0329Damn you Baltimore Ravens.:mad:

Buzz
11-09-2020, 06:38 PM
It's Vance McDonald, and he's already ruled out for the Bengals game

Question is, will anyone else have to be held out?

SteelBucks
11-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Concerning since they were all on the plane ride back. Not sure if masks are required for the team charter flights.

I currently have covid. One thing I learned is this thing is super contagious.

Steel Maniac
11-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Concerning since they were all on the plane ride back. Not sure if masks are required for the team charter flights.

SteelBucks, are you okay?

Buzz
11-09-2020, 09:10 PM

McDonald sat out of practice Friday because he was ill. If he was already experiencing COVID symptoms, the Steelers may have screwed up by not isolating him at that point.

Steel Maniac
11-09-2020, 09:11 PM
McDonald sat out of practice Friday because he was ill. If he was already experiencing COVID symptoms, the Steelers may have screwed up by not isolating him at that point.

Oh boy. Going to be an interesting week.

Oviedo
11-09-2020, 09:25 PM

Get well.

My parents (over 80) both got it. Bad three or four days then rebounded quick. Hardest thing was weakness.

SteelBucks
11-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Get well.

My parents (over 80) both got it. Bad three or four days then rebounded quick. Hardest thing was weakness.

Thanks. I thought I had a really bad cold but the fatigue was something that was unusual. All I wanted to do was sleep and I would get winded just walking down the hall. I also have really bad congestion in my head and chest. Nights are definitely the worst when all the symptoms seem to come back. I wasn’t shocked when my test came back positive.

My wife also got it but we’re starting to see some improvement. We both got our sense of taste back today. To this day we have no clue how we got it. We both wear our masks and are careful when going out. It’s a crazy virus.

SteelBucks
11-09-2020, 09:53 PM
SteelBucks, are you okay?

I was in bad shape Friday and Saturday. Thankfully I started to feel a lot better today. This thing came out of nowhere. Felt great one day and stuck in bed the next.

fordfixer
11-09-2020, 11:07 PM
Thanks. I thought I had a really bad cold but the fatigue was something that was unusual. All I wanted to do was sleep and I would get winded just walking down the hall. I also have really bad congestion in my head and chest. Nights are definitely the worst when all the symptoms seem to come back. I wasn’t shocked when my test came back positive.

My wife also got it but we’re starting to see some improvement. We both got our sense of taste back today. To this day we have no clue how we got it. We both wear our masks and are careful when going out. It’s a crazy virus.

I read an article a few weeks ago that said that 85% of people who got COVID wore masks for at least the previous 2 weeks or more. I’ll post the article if I can find it again

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 12:27 AM
I was in bad shape Friday and Saturday. Thankfully I started to feel a lot better today. This thing came out of nowhere. Felt great one day and stuck in bed the next.

Take care of yourself bro; our thoughts are with you.

Buzz
11-10-2020, 12:41 AM
I read an article a few weeks ago that said that 85% of people who got COVID wore masks for at least the previous 2 weeks or more. I’ll post the article if I can find it again

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, masks are not supposed to be effective in keeping you from getting the virus, only in helping to keep an infected person from transmitting it.

Buzz
11-10-2020, 12:42 AM
Maybe we will get our bye back

I think we can kiss our bye bye.

hawaiiansteel
11-10-2020, 12:56 AM
I think we can kiss our bye bye.

I think the only way we can get a bye is to have the best record in the AFC.

Sword
11-10-2020, 01:43 AM
Get well.

yep ...father had it for same amount of time..81...fine now

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 01:45 AM
Outstanding!

Oviedo
11-10-2020, 06:47 AM

Glad to here you are on the mend. There is no rhyme or reason to who gets it. My parents only go out for graceries. Always wearmasks. Like you, the fatigue and weakness is what shocked them. Never had respiratory issues other than a cough.

You and your wife stay well

NorthCoast
11-10-2020, 08:43 AM
Vaccine on the way.... stay tuned!

Steelwolf
11-10-2020, 11:00 AM
Big ben, Hawkins and vm all on the covid list and needs to test negative each day if they plan to play.... wonderful

kindlecatsb'ng
11-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Big ben, Hawkins and vm all on the covid list and needs to test negative each day if they plan to play.... wonderful

Jaylen Samuels as well.

Will be informative to hear Coach T's noon update today.

Ghost
11-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Glad to hear the folks on here or their family that got it re recovering nicely. My wife has a co-worker (no underlying symptoms) that got it about 5 weeks ago, it cleared up but now all of sudden he has days where is suffers concussion like symptoms out of the blue. This past Friday had to call off because he was disoriented, massive headache, fatigue and nauseous. Scary stuff.

NorthCoast
11-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Jaylen Samuels as well.

Will be informative to hear Coach T's noon update today.I would welcome Samuels not getting on the field.

Mr.wizard
11-10-2020, 11:19 AM

I have Covid also and I was exactly the same way, was feeling great and then I felt like a truck hit me, also I lost my sense of smell which is weird. Just a warning for people, don't rely on the rapid test, my rapid test came back negative while my lab results came back positive, I am currently working from home in 10 day quarantine.

Disco1981
11-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Jaylen Samuels as well.

Will be informative to hear Coach T's noon update today.

I'll do it " We don't live in our fears, we acknowledge that, we embrace that, we accept that, we don't live in our fears, unleash anti-Covid hell, defend every blade of mask "

Steel Maniac
11-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Reports are coming in that Ben sat next to McDonald on the plane ride home. This makes me real nervous; Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Northern_Blitz
11-10-2020, 01:52 PM

That sucks man.

Praying for a speedy recovery and safety of your family.

Buzz
11-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Reports are coming in that Ben sat next to McDonald on the plane ride home. This makes me real nervous; Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone else not excited at the prospect of Lollipop Mason under center?

No NFL team has beaten us this season, but Covid might.

whisper
11-10-2020, 02:20 PM
I would welcome Samuels not getting on the field.

McFly needs those reps. We need to find out what we have there, I think another RB will be taken by the 2nd round in 2021.

whisper
11-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Anyone else not excited at the prospect of Lollipop Mason under center?

No NFL team has beaten us this season, but Covid might.

I was already concerned about the up-in-coming Cinci team, I would actually favor them to win if we have Ru-suck in there.

whisper
11-10-2020, 02:24 PM
I'll do it " We don't live in our fears, we acknowledge that, we embrace that, we accept that, we don't live in our fears, unleash anti-Covid hell, defend every blade of mask "

:D Good one.

Shawn
11-10-2020, 02:36 PM

My wife also got it but we’re starting to see some improvement. We both got our sense of taste back today. To this day we have no clue how we got it. We both wear our masks and are careful when going out. It’s a crazy virus. I'm glad yall are ok.

flippy
11-11-2020, 06:39 AM
Glad to hear everyone is ok. I’m sure the Steelers will be too.

If Ben doesn’t play and has to sit out, I think it could be a blessing because it will force the rest of the team to step up their game.

The D elevated last season in response and I think we could use a boost all around on this team.

We’re winning some nail biters and never giving up, but it’s clear there’s so many areas we need to improve. Our starting QB being unavailable could be a jolt everyone needs and will make us better when Ben returns.

Buzz
11-14-2020, 05:10 PM
Dotson now on the Covid list.

Good news, though ... Ben, Vince, Hawkins and Samuels have all been cleared to go to the active roster.

NorthCoast
11-14-2020, 05:12 PM
Dotson now on the Covid list.

Good news, though ... Ben, Vince, Hawkins and Samuels have all been cleared to go to the active roster.Samuels... aarghh....