PDA

View Full Version : 8-0-Best start ever

Oviedo
11-08-2020, 08:42 PM
Sorry haters. Wait another week

Starlifter
11-08-2020, 08:45 PM

now now, I don't think there are many haters. But those who get frustrated with playing down to bad teams, sloppy ball, porous defense, horrible special teams and questionable coaching calls late in the game MAY have a few points to make.

But we're 8-0 so all is well!

Oviedo
11-08-2020, 09:12 PM
I dont think 16-0 is realistic but are 14 win are within reach

Buzz
11-08-2020, 09:13 PM
8 wins down and 11 more to go!

Steel Maniac
11-08-2020, 09:21 PM
8 wins down and 11 more to go!

I’m happy to play a tough divisional opponent next week in the bengals. Total team focus will be there.

flippy
11-08-2020, 09:39 PM

Who are you talking to?

Call me naive, ignorant, whatever...but I have no idea who on this board hates the Steelers being 8-0.

NorthCoast
11-08-2020, 09:41 PM
It's unbelievable watching history being made!!

SteelBucks
11-08-2020, 09:49 PM

My covid infected body could have done without the stress. My doctor said to relax and I did the exact opposite.

8-0. Keep the train rolling!

NorthCoast
11-08-2020, 09:56 PM
My covid infected body could have done without the stress. My doctor said to relax and I did the exact opposite.

8-0. Keep the train rolling!

All that adrenaline should wreak havoc on those nasties.

hawaiiansteel
11-08-2020, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbigBoBab18

SteelBucks
11-08-2020, 10:14 PM
All that adrenaline should wreak havoc on those nasties.

I’m exhausted. lol

Oviedo
11-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Who are you talking to?

Call me naive, ignorant, whatever...but I have no idea who on this board hates the Steelers being 8-0.

I won't call you "naive, ignorant, whatever" because you aren't any of those things. However, if you don't think there weren't posters waiting for three quarters drafting their posts to slam Tomlin for "playing down," "unfocused," etc. then you haven't paid attention to the last several years. There are a few posters here who while they claim to be fans just want to post negatives.

Oh BTW...Tomlin just tied the all time record for most consecutives non-losing seasons to start an NFL coaching career

flippy
11-09-2020, 11:04 AM
I won't call you "naive, ignorant, whatever" because you aren't any of those things. However, if you don't think there weren't posters waiting for three quarters drafting their posts to slam Tomlin for "playing down," "unfocused," etc. then you haven't paid attention to the last several years. There are a few posters here who while they claim to be fans just want to post negatives.

Oh BTW...Tomlin just tied the all time record for most consecutives non-losing seasons to start an NFL coaching career

Thats a pretty cool star for Tomlin.

And I do get some folks are more pessimistic than others. But I don’t think they hate us being successful. I think they’re probably happier than you or I most of the time because sometimes the anger seems to come from wanting to win so bad.

i don’t think there’s bad intent at all. And when you want the team to win so bad and they repeatedly don’t fix things that seem obvious, I can see how someone’s feelings snowball.

I can understand that perspective because I’ll complain at the tv in the moment or to anyone around who’s listening. It’s cathartic. I suspect you do the same. In fact, I’ve never been around a Pittsburgh fan that I haven’t heard complain. It’s kinda in our DNA.

But I let go of things pretty quick. I bet you do too and just go with the flow most of the time.

it’s hard to tell intent when you read something g online. I always just assume the other person always had good intentions or hopes.

raycafan
11-09-2020, 11:18 AM
It was an ugly win, but a win. So far most of the games have been kind of ugly. My hopes are that this team trends in the direction of previous season (ex 2019) and start playing their best ball moving forward. I still think Ben is not quite on track yet, (it’s like Steve Austin learning how to use his bionics) for you old timers out there(like me). He has moments, then he throws a pass a little short or high off target. Some is still game speed with all his toys, if he gets it clicking, then some of the defensive failures could evaporate( think Browns). I don’t care if they go 16-0, I want them kicking all cylinders when playoffs come around.

Starlifter
11-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Let’s not also overlook a brutal 3 game stretch. Up and coming browns, Titans at home followed by rats at home and coming off their bye. So maybe an ugly Dallas game isn’t quite the surprise it appeared to be.

Now we get the bungles who have been in every game this year and coming off THEIR bye.

Hoping for 9-0 but this will be a really tough game I think.

Steel Maniac
11-09-2020, 12:24 PM
it’s hard to tell intent when you read something g online. I always just assume the other person always had good intentions or hopes.

And that's been my point about a lot of these post. You can't tell intent when reading something. But I don't think there were a ton of posters waiting to slam Tomlin. I wasn't. It was clearly a let down game by us after a super big win against the Ratbirds. Posters (including me) should have saw it coming. Basically, it was human nature to have a let down.

I"m just looking for smoother play against the Bengals next week. Especially from the defense.

Steel Maniac
11-09-2020, 12:25 PM
Let’s not also overlook a brutal 3 game stretch. Up and coming browns, Titans at home followed by rats at home and coming off their bye. So maybe an ugly Dallas game isn’t quite the surprise it appeared to be.

Now we get the bungles who have been in every game this year and coming off THEIR bye.

Hoping for 9-0 but this will be a really tough game I think.

Three games straight on the road is always tough. On any team. But I'm not too worried about the Bengals game. Team should have learned a valuable lesson after escaping Dallas. I think the guys come to practice this week ready and focused. You never overlook a divisional
opponent. And the tape they see on JB will get all their attention. He's a beast. JB is the next great QB in this division.

hawaiiansteel
11-09-2020, 01:05 PM
And that's been my point about a lot of these post. You can't tell intent when reading something. But I don't think there were a ton of posters waiting to slam Tomlin. I wasn't.

well, we're 8-0 and you still have your sig wanting to fire Tomlin.

NorthCoast
11-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Cowherd rips Steelers; "we've seen this Steelers before".... "look good and then disappoint".

Trent Dilfer defends; "they haven't played a complete game yet and they are 8-0".... "they are one of the most complete teams right now".