PDA

View Full Version : Steelers release G Stefan Wisniewski, announce other roster moves

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Steelers release G Stefan Wisniewski, announce other roster moves

Curt Popejoy
November 7, 2020

The Pittsburgh Steelers are flying to Dallas to take on the Cowboys and while that is happening the team continues to shuffle the roster. Here’s a rundown of the moves announced on Saturday.

Pittsburgh elevated newly-acquired linebacker Avery Williamson to the 53-man roster. The Steelers traded for Williamson with the New York Jets earlier in the week.

The Steelers also elevated safety Antoine Brooks Jr. and linebacker Jayrone Elliott to the 53-man roster. In addition, the Steelers signed defensive tackle Demarcus Christmas to the practice squad to fill the void.

Pittsburgh also announced they were releasing guard Stefen Wisniewski. Wisniewski was signed to provide veteran experience to the offensive line but was just unable to stay healthy.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/07/steelers-release-stefan-wisniewski-roster-practice-squad-cowboys/

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2020, 05:22 PM
Steelers also released RB Trey Edmunds.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-make-more-roster-moves

Disco1981
11-07-2020, 06:09 PM
I know Dotson is playing lights out but, Quite a shocker...Mostly money related?

whisper
11-07-2020, 06:12 PM
I know Dotson is playing lights out but, Quite a shocker...Mostly money related?

I don't know dude, maybe part of the reason he "couldn't stay healthy" was he looked about 100 lbs heavier than he should have been. Am I the only one who noticed?

Buzz
11-07-2020, 08:44 PM
I know hindsight is 20/20 but ...
never shoulda let Finney go/signed Wisniewski

Dotson is playing well, so we'll probably be OK anyway

steeler_george
11-07-2020, 09:12 PM
I am thinking that it has to be related to the comp pick calculation, just like how we had to cut Moncrief.

I think it was Chicko or that one ILB/ST, anyways one of our lost FA from last, year was cut a month ago. Or could the BJ Finney being traded mess up the calculations.

Buzz
11-08-2020, 12:56 AM
I am thinking that it has to be related to the comp pick calculation, just like how we had to cut Moncrief.

I think it was Chicko or that one ILB/ST, anyways one of our lost FA from last, year was cut a month ago. Or could the BJ Finney being traded mess up the calculations.

I think Wisniewski is just done