PDA

View Full Version : Dalton out for week 9

steelerkeylargo
11-03-2020, 03:29 PM
He's got the 'Rona. DeNucci or Cooper Rush here we come.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 03:36 PM

thanks, that makes this week's Survivor pick rather easy. :tt2

NorthCoast
11-03-2020, 03:41 PM
talk about baptism by fire... (or more correctly by Watt, Dupree, VWill, & Hilton)...

with Heyward and Alualu unlikely go's, expect the Boys to run all day long anyway

The Man of Steel
11-03-2020, 03:47 PM
talk about baptism by fire... (or more correctly by Watt, Dupree, VWill, & Hilton)...
with Heyward and Alualu unlikely go's, expect the Boys to run all day long anyway
After Buggs, Tuitt, and Mondeaux is there any depth even left on the DL for this game?

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 03:55 PM

they might try to run all day long, but their OL is in shambles also.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 03:56 PM
After Buggs, Tuitt, and Mondeaux is there any depth even left on the DL for this game?

rookie 7th round draft choice Carlos Davis might dress for the first time.

Northern_Blitz
11-03-2020, 03:58 PM
I think not having to play the Steelers was a condition of his contract when he signed with the Cowboys. Too many bad memories.

Northern_Blitz
11-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Big Dan's just sitting out there on a practice squad...

BURGH86STEEL
11-03-2020, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys are going to run the rock. OLB will be able to play run defense instead of spy LJ defense which should help. I expect the Cowboys will attempt to get outside with Zeke's speed.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 04:10 PM
The Cowboys are going to run the rock. OLB will be able to play run defense instead of spy LJ defense which should help. I expect the Cowboys will attempt to get outside with Zeke's speed.

I watched the Eagles-Cowgirls game because I took the Eagles in Survivor and Ben DiNucci is not ready to play QB in the NFL.

Ezekiel had 19 carries for 63 yards, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as explosive as he used to be.

Steel Maniac
11-03-2020, 04:16 PM
I think not having to play the Steelers was a condition of his contract when he signed with the Cowboys. Too many bad memories.

hahahahahahahahahahahah. It was a stipulation in his contract??? We are going to feast on this DeNucchi guy.

Steel Maniac
11-03-2020, 04:17 PM

Zeke is going to meet Spillane up close and personal. We are going to sit on Zeke. And Zeke is having fumbling issues too?

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 04:22 PM

speculation is the Cowgirls are seriously contemplating calling up Cooper Rush from their practice squad to start vs the Steelers.

after watching DiNucci play, I don't blame them.

BURGH86STEEL
11-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Zeke is going to meet Spillane up close and personal. We are going to sit on Zeke. And Zeke is having fumbling issues too?
Our Dline is banged up at the moment. Splliane is good when he reads and recognizes a play quickly. Spillane doesn't have the speed or quickness to get outside. Spillane also has issues taking on and getting off of blocks. If a guard meets Spillane 1st it's probably a done deal. Those were a few of the issues with Spillane vs the Ravens.

Buzz
11-03-2020, 05:11 PM

Good place for him, IMO -- on someone else's practice squad.

NorthCoast
11-03-2020, 05:38 PM
hahahahaaaa, Dalton opting out on playing the Steelers...:)

NJ-STEELER
11-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Big Ben vs. Little Ben

SidSmythe
11-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Looks like the Steelers get their 1st Preseason Game of the Year.

Northern_Blitz
11-03-2020, 06:53 PM
hahahahaaaa, Dalton opting out on playing the Steelers...:)

We sacked him 8 times the last time he played us.

https://www.nfl.com/games/bengals-at-steelers-2019-reg-4

Ghost
11-03-2020, 07:08 PM
I watched the Eagles-Cowgirls game because I took the Eagles in Survivor and Ben DiNucci is not ready to play QB in the NFL.

Ezekiel had 19 carries for 63 yards, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as explosive as he used to be.

Didn't see it but read a few accounts of the game and the consensus was DiNucci was completely overwhelmed by the speed of the game.

Northern_Blitz
11-03-2020, 07:43 PM
Didn't see it but read a few accounts of the game and the consensus was DiNucci was completely overwhelmed by the speed of the game.

The simple reason for this is that he's on one of my fantasy teams.

whisper
11-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Yea, we know he could give us 2 to 3 plays before he's exhausted.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 11:19 PM
Reports: Cowboys could turn to Cooper Rush at QB this week

Posted by Josh Alper on November 3, 2020

The Cowboys won’t be getting Andy Dalton back this week and that could lead them to start their fourth different quarterback of the season.

Dalton is being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, so he’s going to miss the game even if he is able to clear the concussion protocol. The Cowboys started Ben DiNucci against the Eagles in Week 8, but the rookie may not get another turn.

Multiple reports peg Cooper Rush as a real possibility to start against the Steelers. Rush was signed to the practice squad after Dak Prescott was lost for the season and he was also with the team from 2017-2019, so he’s familiar with offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and Moore’s offensive scheme.

DiNucci was 21-of-40 for 180 yards in Sunday night’s loss and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday that facing the Eagles was “frankly more than he could handle.”

Rush has appeared in five games and completed 1-of-3 passes for two yards during the 2017 season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/03/reports-cowboys-could-turn-to-cooper-rush-at-qb-this-week/

NorthCoast
11-04-2020, 09:00 AM
Reports: Cowboys could turn to Cooper Rush at QB this week

Posted by Josh Alper on November 3, 2020

The Cowboys won’t be getting Andy Dalton back this week and that could lead them to start their fourth different quarterback of the season.

Dalton is being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, so he’s going to miss the game even if he is able to clear the concussion protocol. The Cowboys started Ben DiNucci against the Eagles in Week 8, but the rookie may not get another turn.

Multiple reports peg Cooper Rush as a real possibility to start against the Steelers. Rush was signed to the practice squad after Dak Prescott was lost for the season and he was also with the team from 2017-2019, so he’s familiar with offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and Moore’s offensive scheme.

DiNucci was 21-of-40 for 180 yards in Sunday night’s loss and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday that facing the Eagles was “frankly more than he could handle.”

Rush has appeared in five games and completed 1-of-3 passes for two yards during the 2017 season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/03/reports-cowboys-could-turn-to-cooper-rush-at-qb-this-week/Is he the Duck Hodges of the Cowboys??

ikestops85
11-05-2020, 02:18 PM
This game scares me more and more. We tend to make backup QBs look like Brady in his prime … but I'm always a worry wart when it comes to Steeler games.

whisper
11-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Is he the Duck Hodges of the Cowboys??

Skip Bayless (who follows the Cowboys like mad) said Cooper is good enough to keep this game relatively close. He is taking Dallas with the 13.5 points.

Ghost
11-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Per ESPN 11/4:

The Dallas Cowboys will go with either Garrett Gilbert or Cooper Rush at quarterback for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to coach Mike McCarthy.

Gilbert and Rush have never started a game and have combined to throw nine passes in their careers.

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2020, 01:59 PM
Skip Bayless (who follows the Cowboys like mad) said Cooper is good enough to keep this game relatively close. He is taking Dallas with the 13.5 points.

guess Skip Bayless doesn't follow his Cowgirls closely enough because Cooper Rush isn't starting:

Source: Dallas Cowboys to start QB Garrett Gilbert vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30272140/source-dallas-cowboys-start-qb-garrett-gilbert-vs-pittsburgh-steelers