PDA

View Full Version : OT: BB from GOAT to Goat

NorthCoast
11-03-2020, 08:57 AM
2020 NFL Power Rankings Week 9: Pats' freefall continues after loss to Bills;

Bart 'the fart' Scott calling for Belichick to be fired

Separately, I am enjoying the Pats fans suffering through their miserable season

Bart Scott really called for Belichick (the GM) to be fired
OCT 30, 2020
/
BY DARREN HARTWELL

Bart Scott couldn't wait to jump on the Bill Belichick pig pile Friday.B

The NFL linebacker-turned-ESPN analyst joined "Get Up!" for a discussion about the New England Patriots' 2-4 start, their worst record through six games since Belichick's first year as Patriots head coach in 2000.

Scott believes New England's issues stem from its lack of roster talent. And since Belichick is partially responsible for collecting that talent, Scott thinks the head coach/de facto general manager should be held accountable.

"This is a big indictment on Bill Belichick, and maybe Bill Belichick the general manager should be fired and on the hot seat," Scott said. "Keep the coach around, because the coach is outstanding."

Scott pointed to the Patriots' dubious NFL Draft track record -- New England hasn't drafted a future Pro Bowler since linebacker Jamie Collins in 2013 -- as evidence of Belichick the GM's shortcomings, and it's not an unfair criticism.

Scott isn't exactly an impartial observer, though. The former Ravens and Jets linebacker recently recalled how Belichick blew him off during an AFC Championship Game and has admitted he doesn't respect the head coach as a person.

So, it shouldn't surprise you which side of the "Tom Brady vs. Bill Belichick" debate Scott is on.

"When you have the perfect eraser, the equalizer in Tom Brady, it didn't matter who was out at wide receiver. He would make it work," Scott added. "So, I think this is a bigger case for Tom Brady to say he was the reason that organization was successful for all those years."

Belichick has his shortcomings as a GM, and the Patriots' current roster is proof. But calling for Belichick the GM to be fired six games into what could be his first losing season in 20 years seems a little reactionary

Eich
11-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Belichick has his shortcomings as a GM, and the Patriots' current roster is proof. But calling for Belichick the GM to be fired six games into what could be his first losing season in 20 years seems a little reactionary

LOL A LITTLE reactionary? I'm as happy as anyone to see them struggle. But cheating Belichick has a pass to stay there for a long time. It would take several dismal seasons for them to consider firing him.

Buzz
11-03-2020, 10:16 AM
LOL A LITTLE reactionary? I'm as happy as anyone to see them struggle. But cheating Belichick has a pass to stay there for a long time. It would take several dismal seasons for them to consider firing him.

Agreed. BB had considerable talent 'opt-out' due to Covid. Since he knows he's not going to sniff a championship this year, he's gone into full-on rebuild mode. I think he gets a few years to see what he can put together. Scott is just trying to get himself some attention.

Oviedo
11-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Agreed. BB had considerable talent 'opt-out' due to Covid. Since he knows he's not going to sniff a championship this year, he's gone into full-on rebuild mode. I think he gets a few years to see what he can put together. Scott is just trying to get himself some attention.

Belichek is taking full advantage of COVID.

Patriots have more players than anyone opt out...accident? I think not. Bad record equals higher draft picks. With the players coming back from opt out its like getting double dose of talent infusion.

The silver lining is that pats don't draft great.

Northern_Blitz
11-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Not sure, but I thought they had a bunch of cap space for next year. And players will likely be taking short term deals for below traditional market value next year.

I think they'll be very competitive again next season, even if this year ends up being a bad year for them.

Steel Maniac
11-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Agreed. And they will have cap space.

feltdizz
11-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Not sure, but I thought they had a bunch of cap space for next year. And players will likely be taking short term deals for below traditional market value next year.

I think they'll be very competitive again next season, even if this year ends up being a bad year for them.

I heard that Gilmore put his house up on the market and wanted all offers by this week.

I think players may be opting out of NE for good due to Brady leaving.

Will be interesting seeing how they rebuild and if it’s an easy fix or the run is over.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Separately, I am enjoying the Pats fans suffering through their miserable season

me too, it's been a long time coming.

karma is a b!tch...

Steel Maniac
11-03-2020, 01:28 PM

Yeah, Hoody has a lot of time to figure it out and he'll come up with something to get that team back on track next year. But this year is for the enjoyment of all non-Patriot fans.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 01:54 PM
Bill Belichick’s Patriots misery further exposed by Tom Brady

https://nypost.com/2020/11/02/bill-belichicks-patriots-misery-further-exposed-by-tom-brady/

whisper
11-03-2020, 03:13 PM

Plus, we can't ignore that they may be tanking for better draft picks. Do you really think they looked at this roster and told themselves they could win a Super Bowl with it? Or is this just a wise move for the future? Hoodie is as crafty as they come.

Did their flock of players opting out for covid really just happen naturally (8 players)? No other team was even close, most teams had either 1 or 0 opt out (Pgh had 0). Did they really have to put virtually no effort into signing any FAs? Did Hoodie just have a total memory loss on how to run an NFL team? The guy who took NE to 9 SBs AND ran the D for Parcell's SB NYG teams?

feltdizz
11-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Hoody has a lot of time to figure it out and he'll come up with something to get that team back on track next year. But this year is for the enjoyment of all non-Patriot fans.

no he won’t.

It’s been a long time coming. His genius can’t mask the lack of talent.

Tom and Gronk leaving let the players know it’s over. No one is taking a pay cut to play with some scrubs.

whisper
11-03-2020, 03:18 PM

Knowing they are just laying in the weeds makes it a little less enjoyable. But knowing they won't be out there to piss in our SB dreams is still a relief. And if they end up going with a rookie QB next year should cause them to not threaten next season as well.

feltdizz
11-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Plus, we can't ignore that they may be tanking for better draft picks. Do you really think they looked at this roster and told themselves they could win a Super Bowl with it? Or is this just a wise move for the future? Hoodie is as crafty as they come.

Did their flock of players opting out for covid really just happen naturally (8 players)? No other team was even close, most teams had either 1 or 0 opt out (Pgh had 0). Did they really have to put virtually no effort into signing any FAs? Did Hoodie just have a total memory loss on how to run an NFL team? The guy who took NE to 9 SBs AND ran the D for Parcell's SB NYG teams?

Not a memory loss.. a “GOAT” QB loss.

Steel Maniac
11-03-2020, 03:23 PM
no he won’t.

It’s been a long time coming. His genius can’t mask the lack of talent.

Tom and Gronk leaving let the players know it’s over. No one is taking a pay cut to play with some scrubs.

hahahahahahaahahahahaha. Well, you know that he's good at putting together a defense and he'll do it once the Covid issue has passed. And he kinda knows how to find talent too. I"m not saying they'll be world beaters next year but they'll be a 7-8 win team and still giving the Bills a cause for concern. He's going to make it a point to prove
he can win without Brady before he retires.

NorthCoast
11-03-2020, 03:52 PM
.........He's going to make it a point to prove
he can win without Brady before he retires.

https://pics.me.me/thumb_good-luck-memegenerator-net-good-luck-liam-neeson-taken-meme-52714112.png

Buzz
11-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Patriots have more players than anyone opt out...accident? I think not. Bad record equals higher draft picks. With the players coming back from opt out its like getting double dose of talent infusion.

I think you nailed it.

BURGH86STEEL
11-03-2020, 05:59 PM

The silver lining is that pats don't draft great.
President Kraft better fire GM Belichick.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Fun fact:

Belicheat without Brady has 2 winning season out of 8.