PDA

View Full Version : Brooks, Edmunds activated this week

whisper
10-31-2020, 04:59 PM
In a move to increase the # of MD/VA DB's who can't cover anyone, the Steelers activated Brooks. So now we got Davis, Edmunds and Brooks all activated and all from MD or VA who can't cover anyone, on the active roster.

Also, Edmunds, the RB, who can't run all that well, joins his brother.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/10/31/21543596/steelers-sign-trey-edmunds-elevate-two-players-from-the-practice-squad-chris-wormley-elliott-brooks

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2020, 05:02 PM
Also, Edmunds, the RB, who can't run all that well, joins his brother.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/10/31/21543596/steelers-sign-trey-edmunds-elevate-two-players-from-the-practice-squad-chris-wormley-elliott-brooks

he's good on special teams.

BURGH86STEEL
10-31-2020, 05:13 PM
Conspiracy theory at its finest.

whisper
10-31-2020, 10:08 PM
Conspiracy theory at its finest.

Non sequitur at its finest.

Steel Maniac
10-31-2020, 10:16 PM
I’m looking for Edmonds to have some opportunities for picks as well.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2020, 10:51 PM
I’m looking for Edmonds to have some opportunities for picks as well.

it's Edmunds.

you really should learn how to spell our Steelers' players names correctly.

BURGH86STEEL
10-31-2020, 11:28 PM
Non sequitur at its finest.I don't know what MD/VA has anything to do with people being activated to the roster? Even when proven wrong on this conspiracy you still like to run wit it.

Edmunds can cover. It's his ball skills that's probably the main weakness of his game.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2020, 11:35 PM
Edmunds can cover. It's his ball skills that's probably the main weakness of his game.

people ignore the facts that don't fit their narrative:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EldrNAdXIAAwV7t?format=jpg&name=small

whisper
11-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Edmunds was a 1st round draft pick, while everyone thought he was a 4-5th round talent, but he was from VT, so Tomlin had to have him. Hey, resign Plex, he's from VA beach!

Steel Maniac
11-01-2020, 01:03 AM
Edmunds was a 1st round draft pick, while everyone thought he was a 4-5th round talent, but he was from VT, so Tomlin had to have him. Hey, resign Plex, he's from VA beach!

He’ll have a great opportunity to make a significant play tomorrow.

BURGH86STEEL
11-01-2020, 08:39 AM
Not every one thought he was a 4-5th round talent. Edmunds was a 1st round talent according to the team that drafted him. He had adequate combine numbers and athleticism to be a 1st round pick at the safety position. Look at his combine numbers as proof. His issue coming out of college was lack of consistent experience at the safety position.

Edmunds was drafted 28th overall. He could had easily lasted until the 2nd or 3rd round. Some people thought he was 3rd best safety in the draft. Obviously the Steelers didn't believe he would last until their pick in the 2nd round. 2 safeties were drafted in first round before Edmunds. 5 safeties were drafted in 2nd and 3rd rounds. 15 safeties were drafted after him. I doubt Edmunds would had lasted until the 5th round. Edmunds isn't a player maker at this point of his career but he is a starter on one of the best defenses in the league. He must be doing something right.

I provided some facts to allow you to understand why the Steelers selected him at 28. You provide opinion and conspiracy theories.

feltdizz
11-01-2020, 09:11 AM
It’s weird because people love to talk about Rudolph’s first round grade even though he lasted until the 3rd or 4th round.

People talk about Edmunds first round pick like he was a top 5 selection.

BURGH86STEEL
11-01-2020, 09:46 AM
It’s weird because people love to talk about Rudolph’s first round grade even though he lasted until the 3rd or 4th round.

People talk about Edmunds first round pick like he was a top 5 selection.Sometimes it's easier for people to criticize and complain.

It's ironic the Steelers have 2 1st round safeties from 2018. MF is probably the safety they wanted that year. It will be interesting to see how the Steelers value them come contract time.

NorthCoast
11-01-2020, 11:32 AM
I think it's going to hurt a lot with Hilton out of this game. And not for coverage, but for his knack at sacking the QB. The guy seems to have a sixth sense on timing and route to the QB that few others have.

BURGH86STEEL
11-01-2020, 11:38 AM
I think it's going to hurt a lot with Hilton out of this game. And not for coverage, but for his knack at sacking the QB. The guy seems to have a sixth sense on timing and route to the QB that few others have.

I didn't think DJ would play. Looks like he's a go for today. Hopefully his injury won't limit his effectiveness

NorthCoast
11-01-2020, 11:47 AM
I didn't think DJ would play. Looks like he's a go for today. Hopefully his injury won't limit his effectivenessDJ was a full participant in practice this week. Did you mean Hilton?

Steel Maniac
11-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Rainy and cold in Baltimore. This is a running game, hit the TE in the end zone type of weather ( game). Lol

NorthCoast
11-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Rainy and cold in Baltimore. This is a running game, hit the TE in the end zone type of weather ( game). LolWas wondering on that. Here in Ohio, if it's a preview, hellacious wind, and rain this AM. But seems to be settling down some.

BURGH86STEEL
11-01-2020, 12:20 PM
DJ was a full participant in practice this week. Did you mean Hilton?

No. DJ was injured vs the Titans. I thought that injury might be an issue.