PDA

View Full Version : James Washington

Disco1981
10-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Out a couple weeks...Grrrrr...Does Moncrief get a hat?

Steel Maniac
10-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Just when he started to get his feet under him. It's a long season and he'll still get chances. But I hope DJ continues to progress. I'm watching him and he really is a good route runner for his youth. I think he's going to a goodie for us going forward.

phillyesq
10-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Not that Washington has done much, but this really hurts because it means that the Steelers are likely to keep Moncrief.

Also, just throwing this out there. For as well as the Steelers usually draft WRs, James Wsahington was pick 60. Pick 61 was DJ Chark. This year, he has 27 catches for 485 yards and 5 TDs. Washington, in 19 career games, has 25/357/1.

The Man of Steel
10-09-2019, 10:27 AM
It’s really starting feel like we’re fielding our starting lineup from the preseason.

Steel Maniac
10-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Not that Washington has done much, but this really hurts because it means that the Steelers are likely to keep Moncrief.

Also, just throwing this out there. For as well as the Steelers usually draft WRs, James Wsahington was pick 60. Pick 61 was DJ Chark. This year, he has 27 catches for 485 yards and 5 TDs. Washington, in 19 career games, has 25/357/1.

Wow..thanks for that bit of info. Chark is proving to be a beast; at least right now.

whatever
10-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Not sure his 1.75 catches per game can't be replaced by Moncrief.

Northern_Blitz
10-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Wow..thanks for that bit of info. Chark is proving to be a beast; at least right now.

He's lighting it up on my fantasy team. Picked him up on waivers 3 weeks ago.

Oviedo
10-09-2019, 11:22 AM
It’s really starting feel like we’re fielding our starting lineup from the preseason.

I'm certain it's Tomlin's fault--he is deliberately hurting players to further upset the fans that hate him. I heard he is perfecting drills for injuring hamstrings and causing concussions.

NorthCoast
10-09-2019, 01:05 PM
These games against BAL are brutal. End up beating the snot out of each other and feel the effects for weeks.
Oh well....next man up!

SteelBucks
10-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Out a couple weeks...Grrrrr...Does Moncrief get a hat?

Yes and he’s an upgrade. Just hold on to the freaking ball...

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2019, 12:57 AM
against the Colts:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIsF5sGW4AAPawU?format=jpg&name=small

SteelerMaine83
11-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Aside from the fumble, he looked pretty good against the Rams (and Colts the week before). He’s got to clean up the ball security issue but he is starting to look like a real receiver. Nice to see, and right when we need it!

Mr.wizard
11-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Aside from the fumble, he looked pretty good against the Rams (and Colts the week before). He’s got to clean up the ball security issue but he is starting to look like a real receiver. Nice to see, and right when we need it!

Ya hes starting to heat up, good news for Rudolph.

NJ-STEELER
11-12-2019, 03:39 PM
its not uncommon to see a WR begin to emerge after a season or two.

we've been spoiled with the Martavious Bryant's, mike wallace, JJSS even AB earlier in his career with their early success

SteelerMaine83
11-12-2019, 03:49 PM
its not uncommon to see a WR begin to emerge after a season or two.

we've been spoiled with the Martavious Bryant's, mike wallace, JJSS even AB earlier in his career with their early success

Agreed. I think we may feel pretty good about the JJSS-DJ-JW trio by seasons end.

Mr.wizard
11-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Agreed. I think we may feel pretty good about the JJSS-DJ-JW trio by seasons end.

I am already happy with our receivers, i think there is a lot of talent there. I am sorry to say I am most disappointed in JJSS, I can understand that he isnt getting the volume because of the QB situation but when he has gotten opportunities he has had drops and the one crucial fumble. To me he just doesnt look explosive or even look engaged most of the time. Maybe its just me I could be wrong.

hawaiiansteel
11-12-2019, 05:07 PM
I am already happy with our receivers, i think there is a lot of talent there. I am sorry to say I am most disappointed in JJSS, I can understand that he isnt getting the volume because of the QB situation but when he has gotten opportunities he has had drops and the one crucial fumble. To me he just doesnt look explosive or even look engaged most of the time. Maybe its just me I could be wrong.

he now draws the other team's top CB (Jalen Ramsey) and/or gets double-teamed a lot.

big difference from when he used to come out of the slot and be 0ne on one versus the other team's smaller #3 or #4 CB...

Mr.wizard
11-12-2019, 05:11 PM
he now draws the other team's top CB (Jalen Ramsey) and/or gets double-teamed a lot.

big difference from when he used to come out of the slot and be 0ne on one versus the other team's smaller #3 or #4 CB...

Ya I guess I just expected him to take advantage of his opportunities I have no doubt he will get far less opportunities this year. I' m not so much worried about his overall stat line, just what he has done with his opportunities.

Ernie
11-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Man I'd love to see us bring our TE's into the mix. Come on "Feetner"!!

Starlifter
11-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Our passing attack has a long way to go. It would be helpful if we could get the run game back on track. I know the injuries to our RB's aren't helping - but the O'line has been fairly healthy. I expect a group of pro-bowlers to perform at a high level.

NorthCoast
11-13-2019, 07:03 AM

Agree Wiz. Wondering if the effects of not getting the ball are starting to show with JJSS. Gotta be tough to keep your focus in 90% of the time you are simply running routes with little chance at getting the ball.
On the other hand it could make you want to work even harder. AB did it.
Maybe early success spoiled JJSS?

Mr.wizard
11-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Agree Wiz. Wondering if the effects of not getting the ball are starting to show with JJSS. Gotta be tough to keep your focus in 90% of the time you are simply running routes with little chance at getting the ball.
On the other hand it could make you want to work even harder. AB did it.
Maybe early success spoiled JJSS?

I think that's it, I think he just isn't seeing any volume so he isn't focused.

Ernie
11-13-2019, 07:24 AM
I think that's it, I think he just isn't seeing any volume so he isn't focused.

I think its as much a lack of confidence as anything else.
Doesn't seem like the same Juju on the sidelines, during the game etc.

Mr.wizard
11-13-2019, 07:29 AM

You see it in his body language.

Ernie
11-13-2019, 07:31 AM
You see it in his body language.

Exactly....

Would love to see him break one deep tomorrow night and then absolutely come unglued!

Oh wow
11-13-2019, 07:41 AM

There is a huge difference when you are the primary focus.

He’s shown flashes but this was my primary concern with JuJU as our number 1.

I’m not going to dog him too much because of the QB change.

ikestops85
11-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately I've seen many plays where Juju was open but Mason keeps holding on to the ball. That has to be frustrating so when the ball does come his way he is trying too hard and making mistakes. Juju will be okay as our #1 as soon as Mason gets better at reading defenses and throwing the ball on rhythm.

Northern_Blitz
11-13-2019, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately I've seen many plays where Juju was open but Mason keeps holding on to the ball. That has to be frustrating so when the ball does come his way he is trying too hard and making mistakes. Juju will be okay as our #1 as soon as Mason gets better at reading defenses and throwing the ball on rhythm.

The play to JuJu in this video is one where you can tell he gets frustrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-AO5QUzTE&t=376s

Oh wow
11-13-2019, 04:39 PM

The amount of drops make me wonder if Mason throws a funny ball.

It floats a bit at times and doesn’t have the same zip as Ben but it’s also been long enough for players to adjust.

I think guys are pressing a bit.