PDA

View Full Version : Season Ending Surgery for Ben

Oviedo
09-16-2019, 01:00 PM
The Mason Rudolph era is upon us.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27630164/big-ben-season-ending-elbow-surgery

SidSmythe
09-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Predictions??
I say Steelers finish 6-10

Oviedo
09-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Predictions??

8-8 or 9-7...I think the team will rally around Rudolph and successfully deal with the adversity. Should be fun talking next year's draft

Ernie
09-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Predictions??

not bad considering we were a .500 team at best with ben

SteelBucks
09-16-2019, 01:09 PM
We’re going to have to merge some threads to keep this all under one roof.

Back to topic, color me excited to see what the young gun can do.

brothervad
09-16-2019, 01:09 PM
I am not patting myself on the back here but this is what I feared most and frankly criticized Tomlin/Colbert the most:

Over the past 3 seasons the Steelers were relatively lucky health wise. yes Shazier was a major injury but for the most part they were healthy as a unit. The fact is their luck was going to run out.

Frankly Colbert/Tomlin pissed away that luck of being healthy and great talent.

That to me, was the biggest sin of this current brain trust. And frankly the window, if not shut, is fairly close.

And what did Colbert/Tomlin get from all this talent? Was it enough? Everyone has an opinion...mine is no they did not get enough.

brothervad

Ernie
09-16-2019, 01:11 PM
I am not patting myself on the back here but this is what I feared most and frankly criticized Tomlin/Colbert the most:

Over the past 3 seasons the Steelers were relatively lucky health wise. yes Shazier was a major injury but for the most part they were healthy as a unit. The fact is their luck was going to run out.

Frankly Colbert/Tomlin pissed away that luck of being healthy and great talent.

That to me, was the biggest sin of this current brain trust. And frankly the window, if not shut, is fairly close.

And what did Colbert/Tomlin get from all this talent? Was it enough? Everyone has an opinion...mine is no they did not get enough.

brothervad

amen to all of this.

Starlifter
09-16-2019, 01:11 PM
Predictions??

I say 9-7. Why can’t he succeed? Mahomes blew the league apart after sitting a year. Is it probable? Likely not, but I wouldn’t place short odds against him.

Ernie
09-16-2019, 01:13 PM
I say 9-7. Why can’t he succeed? Mahomes blew the league apart after sitting a year. Is it probable? Likely not, but I wouldn’t place short odds against him.

i was thinking about the Mahomes situation when Ben went down. Im sure KC is glad they didnt hang on to Alex Smith. Not saying Rudolph will be that good... but the sky isnt necessarily falling either.

Oviedo
09-16-2019, 01:14 PM

I like your attitude. We'll get enough gloom and doom during the next several months. An occasional beam of light will be appreciated

SteelBucks
09-16-2019, 01:15 PM
I’d like to see a recommitment to the run game and some ball control to keep the defense off the field. It’ll be interesting to see how this all turns out. Hoping not “train wreck” interesting.