PDA

View Full Version : JuJu

fordfixer
09-15-2019, 09:50 PM
JuJu Smith-Schuster becomes the NFL's youngest player to reach 2,500 career receiving yards!

steelfin
09-15-2019, 09:56 PM
They need to feed the man...He should be a big part of the game plan...Get the ball in your playmakers hands.

whatever
09-15-2019, 09:59 PM
Good for him.
Great kid and can easily handle the number 1 spot.

NorthCoast
09-15-2019, 10:02 PM
If the other WRs don't step up real soon, then defenses won't hesitate to double or triple cover JJSS. Aside from JJSS and Washington, I don't think the Steelers have any WRs that keep DC's awake at night.

Steel Maniac
09-16-2019, 12:56 AM
The rookie will be okay I think. He needs more playing time. Moncrief will give it to him. LOL

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2019, 12:26 PM
JuJu Smith-Schuster doesn’t see offense changing much

Posted by Josh Alper on September 17, 2019, 7:02 PM EDT

Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster was on the receiving end of Mason Rudolph‘s first completion as an NFL player last Sunday and building that connection will be important for the Steelers offense now that Ben Roethlisberger is out for the year with an elbow injury.

Smith-Schuster told Mike Florio of PFT on Tuesday that he feels that he and the 2018 third-round pick “have a connection” because of work they’ve done in practice on days when Roethlisberger was resting.

While that’s a good starting point, Smith-Schuster acknowledged there will be a big difference in going from a player with Roethlisberger’s experience to one making his first NFL start. Despite that gap, the wideout said he does not expect to see much change in how the Steelers run their offense.

“I don’t think it will change a lot,” We have our plays set, we have the guys we still have on offense at every position that we need and I don’t think a lot will change.”

The Steelers have only produced 29 points and 569 yards through two games, so some change wouldn’t be a bad thing on the offensive side of the ball.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/juju-smith-schuster-doesnt-see-offense-changing-much/

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2019, 12:26 PM
JuJu Smith-Schuster doesn’t see offense changing much

Posted by Josh Alper on September 17, 2019, 7:02 PM EDT

Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster was on the receiving end of Mason Rudolph‘s first completion as an NFL player last Sunday and building that connection will be important for the Steelers offense now that Ben Roethlisberger is out for the year with an elbow injury.

Smith-Schuster told Mike Florio of PFT on Tuesday that he feels that he and the 2018 third-round pick “have a connection” because of work they’ve done in practice on days when Roethlisberger was resting.

While that’s a good starting point, Smith-Schuster acknowledged there will be a big difference in going from a player with Roethlisberger’s experience to one making his first NFL start. Despite that gap, the wideout said he does not expect to see much change in how the Steelers run their offense.

“I don’t think it will change a lot,” We have our plays set, we have the guys we still have on offense at every position that we need and I don’t think a lot will change.”

The Steelers have only produced 29 points and 569 yards through two games, so some change wouldn’t be a bad thing on the offensive side of the ball.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/juju-smith-schuster-doesnt-see-offense-changing-much/

Oh wow
09-18-2019, 01:30 PM
My fears with JuJu haven’t been untrue just yet. Maybe once Washington or Johnson get going we will see JuJu step up...

but right now he isn’t getting open and that was my fear.

Dude is great at combat catches and great in the slot but I’m not sure he is built to be our #1 who can beat double teams consistently.

Steelerphile
09-18-2019, 05:42 PM
This suggestion probably won't be received well by the fans, and I think Ju-Ju is doing fine but the Steelers need more targets. Moncrief hasn't played like a professional football player. Switzer will catch the ball, but be tackled immediately, for either no yards or short yardage. Grimble has not been involved. I don't think he has a great feel for the passing game. I think they should activate Gentry and sit Grimble down. I think Gentry has a feel for the passing game, and I thought he looked like a good hands catcher from my observation in the preseason.

He's tall and get further down field than Switzer and make a play. Just a notion, but they need to pull a few switches to get the offense going.

NorthCoast
09-18-2019, 05:47 PM
My fears with JuJu haven’t been untrue just yet. Maybe once Washington or Johnson get going we will see JuJu step up...

but right now he isn’t getting open and that was my fear.

Dude is great at combat catches and great in the slot but I’m not sure he is built to be our #1 who can beat double teams consistently.He may be struggling against the other team's #1 CB... gotta get more favorable matchups. It's something BB seems to be able to do, Sphincter needs to tighten his game up.

NorthCoast
09-18-2019, 05:48 PM
'Fichtner'..... damn spell check.

papillon
09-18-2019, 08:41 PM
He may be struggling against the other team's #1 CB... gotta get more favorable matchups. It's something BB seems to be able to do, Sphincter needs to tighten his game up.

I don't see him getting favorable match-ups, he needs to get used to playing against the other team's #1 CB. Why wouldn't the defense cover Juju with their #1 CB until another WR for the Steelers forces them to think differently?

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
09-19-2019, 07:00 AM
'Fichtner'..... damn spell check.

I think I always put the "t" in the wrong place.

Doesn't help that the spelling and pronunciation don't seem to be related at all.