PDA

View Full Version : Mack Wilson, NOT Devin Bush earned PFF's top grade

steelz09
08-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Mack Wilson, NOT Devin Bush earned PFF's top grade of any player in the 1st week of preseason games | Browns Wire via @thebrownswire
https://t.co/LTbpYtR5Dmhttps://t.co/LTbpYtR5Dm

NorthCoast
08-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Not totally surprising... Wilson was all over the place in that game .

hawaiiansteel
08-12-2019, 10:34 PM
2 interceptions, one was a pick-6. very impressive debut, for sure...

Steel Maniac
08-13-2019, 08:16 AM
It’s all good; this keeps Bush motivated.

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2019, 10:50 AM
In addition to his 10 tackles in half a game, if Bush held on to the interception that hit him in the hands (with a clear path to the end zone in front of him), then it would have been his.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-13-2019, 11:30 AM
i still don't understand why the team didn't take a flier on Mack later in the draft where he was selected. Not like they weren't considering other LBs - their next selection after him was an LB... (They took Gentry there... hopefully, he's a player.... good upside with his measurables)

Prowler
08-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Mack Wilson is a beast. He is the player I wanted in the first round. Although Bush did much better then I expected.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-13-2019, 12:48 PM
What i WILL say about Bush... he's going to make a LOT of splash plays... He's going to be Polamalu-esque... The team is going to need a boring steady-eddie run-stuffer beside him because i suspect many teams will try to run AT him because you can't run around the outside with him on the field

Mark
08-14-2019, 10:03 AM
the Brownies got us again. Looks like Wilson was a steal

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2019, 10:23 AM

The Brownies got us again, eh?

When exactly was the last time they got us?

The Jim Brown era?

The Otto Graham era?

:brownssuck

STH70
08-14-2019, 11:28 AM

Wilson has looked good and had a good first game against the Redskin's subs.
I still honestly believe we got the best ILB in the entire draft.
After about 1 half in the 1st preseason game, to say the Browns got ANYTHING on us is way premature.
I must admit, the Browns looked good in week 1 of the preseason.
But remember, they went 4-0 in the 2017 preseason, and went on to an 0-16 season. LOL
Until they actually win something, they're still the SOBs (Same Old Browns) to me.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Mike Tomlin: Devin Bush’s debut reminiscent of Ryan Shazier’s debut

Posted by Josh Alper on August 15, 2019, 8:06 AM EDT

The Steelers traded up in the first round of this year’s draft in order to select Devin Bush with the 10th overall pick and the impetus for the move was what they were missing at linebacker in 2018.

They were missing what Ryan Shazier brought to the middle of the defense before suffering a spinal cord injury. It’s hard to expect any rookie to play at that kind of level right off the bat, but head coach Mike Tomlin has seen some early signs that the first-round pick can follow a similar trajectory.

“I thought it was a very solid performance,” Tomlin said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Really [it was] kind of reminiscent of Ryan Shazier’s performance in his first home preseason game a number of years ago in terms of production and getting around and making a number of plays.”

Shazier had 11 tackles and an interception in that 2014 game while Bush recorded 10 tackles against the Buccaneers last week. As long as the rookie remains healthy, he’ll get ample opportunities to show he’s the right guy to replace Shazier in Pittsburgh.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/15/mike-tomlin-devin-bushs-debut-reminiscent-of-ryan-shaziers-debut/