PDA

View Full Version : Mark Madden: Raiders finding out Antonio Brown is exactly as advertised

hawaiiansteel
08-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Mark Madden: Raiders finding out Antonio Brown is exactly as advertised

MARK MADDEN | Monday, August 12, 2019

It took time, but Antonio Brown finally did right by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Forget about his statistics. Brown compiled those for himself, not the team.

The Steelers never won a Super Bowl with Brown. (Told you so.)

But upon departing for Oakland, Brown immediately proved the turmoil that enveloped him in Pittsburgh was every bit his fault. Brown did so by creating comparable bedlam with the Raiders that is, again, totally his doing.

It wasn’t Ben Roethlisberger causing problems in Pittsburgh, like Brown and many agenda-serving members of the national football media claimed.

Brown’s teammates in Oakland don’t yet know him well enough to sabotage him, if he’s considering similar fabrication.

Brown let the Steelers off the hook. Roethlisberger is awaiting lots of apologies.

Brown rarely has practiced this summer. He hasn’t been seen at Raiders training camp in more than a week. He’s late for meetings, inattentive during. He bullied his bosses in Pittsburgh. He’s doing the same at Oakland. You knew that the minute Brown brought his kids onto the field for practice. Brown is running roughshod.

That’s meant figuratively. Frostbitten feet prevent Brown from literally running.

For someone with a rep for working hard, Brown misses a lot of practice. Dedication isn’t juggling a brick on video, then refusing to pay your personal trainer. Dedication involves pulling the same rope as your teammates. Dedication includes jelling.

Brown long has benefited from excuses made on his behalf. The latest barrage cites the potential for CTE. Or perhaps Brown is troubled, and needs therapy.

But it’s more likely Brown is a jerk and has been since tumbling out of the womb. He dropped to the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft because of character issues.

Brown’s personality shortcomings have been exacerbated by money and notoriety. Brown doesn’t care about winning, his teammates, his “friends,” or his family. His lone concern for any situation is how it benefits him. The world exists for Brown’s gain.

Being stupid doesn’t do much to dilute Brown’s narcissism.

The acute frostbite his feet absorbed during cryotherapy could only have occurred had Brown not worn the proper protective footwear. Maybe he wore his $1,000 loafers. You need to be fashionable inside that cryotherapy chamber.

If the notion of Brown refusing to protect his body properly during cryotherapy rings dumb, consider he’s campaigning to wear an unsafe helmet.

That’s Brown’s latest crisis: He’s worn the same helmet since beginning his NFL career. Now it’s been deemed unsafe. But Brown said other helmets impede his vision.

There are dozens of approved helmet options. But Brown threatened to retire or take legal action vs. the NFL if he can’t wear his old helmet. It’s been an issue since May. On the rare occasions he practices, Brown tries to sneak his old helmet onto the field. He even applied a makeshift silver-and-black paint job once. Can’t believe that didn’t work.

Thirty-one other players have switched from their old helmets this season, including Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Brady doesn’t like it. The NFL doesn’t care. So Brady made the change.

Brown bullied the Steelers. He’s bullying the Raiders. But he can’t bully the NFL. His appeal was denied Monday.

This is terrific for Steelers fans. You get to witness the uproar, but the Raiders have to clean up the mess.

They won’t be able to.

The Raiders aren’t a very good team to begin with. Brown is making coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock look like bigger fools with each new eccentricity. The Raiders were 4-12 last season. They needed a workmanlike camp, not an excrement storm.

But Brown has been exactly as advertised.

It will get better, not worse. Between his feet and residue from the helmet drama, it’s easy to imagine Brown not playing in Week 1, or performing poorly if he does. When Brown struggles, the finger-pointing starts. Agitation ferments. Manure rolls downhill. Brown no-shows, or dreams up an injury. He goes in the tank.

The Raiders will be sorry they ever thought of trading for Brown.

They’re probably already sorry.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-raiders-finding-out-antonio-brown-is-exactly-as-advertised/

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-raiders-finding-out-antonio-brown-is-exactly-as-advertised/

hawaiiansteel
08-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Dunlap: Gruden Looking Silly Already

by COLIN DUNLAP
AUGUST 12, 2019

Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden has effectively been emasculated by Antonio Brown.

And Brown hasn’t played a game for the team yet.

He hasn’t really practiced all that much.

Heck, can they even find him? Do they know where the wide receiver is?

Is he in the Bay Area or is he in Florida?

Maybe he's in France?

Maybe he’s finally mowing his lawn in Pine Township?

Is he really even an official Oakland Raider?

Who knows?

All I know is this: Brown is already the most powerful person in black and silver and he is making both Gruden and general manager Mike Mayock look positively silly.

Brown has already succeeded --- again, without catching one pass --- in getting two very good football men who promised to change the culture of the Raiders to kowtow to him.

What a world we live in. Look, I don’t mind that athletes are more powerful than coaches. It is what it is, it isn’t 1955 anymore and athletes are the ones who carry the freight and risk the big injury --- especially in football. But this situation is absurd, and it all really revolves, for me at least, around one thing that Gruden said over this past weekend.

“There’s been a lot of reports out there; I can’t say I agree with all of them,” Gruden said. “This foot injury wasn’t his fault, and it’s a serious injury. … And the helmet thing is a personal matter to him … and we’re supporting him.”

What nonsense from Gruden.

First, the cold feet issue with Brown. I mean, feet so cold that reportedly he injured them severely in one of those treatment chambers. I’d love to know how failing to wear the proper protective footwear inside such a chamber wasn’t Antonio Brown’s fault. Brown has been in one of those cryotherapy chambers before and if he didn’t understand the protocol this time to avoid frostbite, that is certainly on him.

If he knew the decorum and elected to ignore it, that is even more on him.

Either way, Coach Gruden, the issue of the frozen and peeling feet is certainly the fault of Antonio Brown. Those feet are his moneymakers and he’s reckless to not take all the precautions in the world to protect them.

Now to the second part of the quote --- the part where Gruden makes a point to say the Raiders are supporting Brown in his fight to wear a helmet that isn’t permissible by NFL rules.

Why? Why on Earth would a head coach in a league that has fought so hard for player safety align himself with the one guy in the league who is refusing to play by the rules and, in a sense by doing so, ignore every single other player in the NFL who is doing things the right way in regard to the helmet rule.

Gruden has been rendered impotent.

Gruden has had his knees whacked down and he’s nothing but feeble and powerless at this point.

The Oakland Raiders have yet to play a regular season game in the Antonio Brown Era --- and Brown isn’t even practicing with the team --- and he has proven to be a million times more powerful than the coach and general manager.

Good luck with that, Jon Gruden.

Good luck with that, Mr. Mayock.

I have a feeling you guys sold your souls to the wrong devil.

https://937thefan.radio.com/blogs/colin-dunlap/dunlap-oakland-raiders-coach-jon-gruden-looking-silly-already

SidSmythe
08-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Think the Raiders will ever be our trade partner again??

flippy
08-12-2019, 11:22 PM
Not a big fan of Madden, but that made me chuckle.

hawaiiansteel
08-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Koll: Antonio Brown Is The Steelers Gift That Keeps on Giving

Steelers fans can already sit back and enjoy the destruction elsewhere

by MATT KOLL
AUGUST 12, 2019

In it, there is a scene in which the main character Clark Griswold gets his much anticipated Christmas “bonus” in the mail. He had been waiting for the extra bump in order to install a pool in his backyard.

In front of his entire family…wife, kids, parents, in-laws and slightly degenerate cousins that have all congregated at his house for the holiday season…Clark opens the bonus to find that it isn’t the money he had hoped for but it is a “one year membership in the Jelly of the Month Club.”

Seconds after announcing this, a character known as “Uncle Eddie” in his hilarious, vapid ignorance exclaims, “Clark, that’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.”

I can’t help but to think about that line and chuckle when I see all that has gone over the past few days with Antonio Brown.

Here we were just a few short months ago, sitting through the national narratives that Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger didn’t treat him fairly and that Brown was somehow oppressed by the Steelers.

That somehow he wanted to leave the Steelers because Ben didn’t treat him like family or that they didn’t let him play in Week 17 against Cincinnati despite his desire to.

As Steelers fans, you knew.

You knew what Antonio Brown was like to deal with. You knew that he went Facebook Live during what was supposed to be a private locker room celebration and meeting after a playoff victory. You knew he threatened reporters and hinted at wanting to be traded on social media. You knew about his reckless behavior including throwing furniture out of an apartment window that was stories high, about driving 100+ mph on McKnight Rd.

You even knew about the things on the field, like missing a week of training camp mysteriously, blowing up on the sidelines and throwing water coolers or screaming in the face of his coaches. Oh, and the reported practice blow up on Ben Roethlisberger and subsequent disappearance the rest of the week leading up to that Week 17 game.

You knew. But maybe the football world didn’t. Or maybe didn’t quite understand what happened. Or maybe it was just Jon Gruden, Mike Mayock and the Raiders.

Whatever the case, Antonio Brown is causing destruction elsewhere and to be honest, there is a sweet satisfaction in that. After Brown had been traded for just a 3rd and 5th round pick, there were many analysts that declared Brown ultimately “won” the months long battle between he and the organization.

The Steelers got screwed in letting a talent like Brown walk out the door for such a little price.

Oh, but the price will be paid. And it will be paid all year long, Clark.

Brown hasn’t even gotten onto the field yet in a Raiders uniform and he’s already somehow frozen his feet to the point of not being able to practice.

Not that he would even be able to practice anyway, as he has now filed a grievance against the NFL for making him switch helmets for this season because the one he’s used to wearing is now out of compliance.

He has gone so far as to say he will retire if he can’t wear the right helmet and tried to sneak his old helmet into Raiders practice. NFL PR man Brian McCarthy tweeted Monday morning that Brown will not be able to practice, play or get paid if he doesn’t wear the correct helmet.

Remember when the Steelers drama started before the season even began? Remember when off the wall issues like this would come storming (or helicoptering) into Latrobe before the first regular season snap?

It’s almost a sense of rejoice watching this all unfold. I can’t help but at least slightly enjoy watching Brown taking his insane antics on the road, never to return to Pittsburgh as a member of the home team again. A relief, no doubt.

I don’t expect it to end here, either. I don’t believe Brown will miss any games (or his money) by not complying with this helmet policy. But this won’t be the end of the nonsense. Why would it?

If we’ve learned anything over the past few years it’s that the Antonio Brown drama and distraction monster can strike at any time. The Raiders are now in the process of learning that themselves.

Oh, and that return for Brown hasn’t looked all that bad either to this point. You could argue the extra two picks in return allowed them at least more comfortability in using their first and second round picks to move up to 10th overall and draft Michigan linebacker Devin Bush. He racked up 10 tackles in the first half on Friday night.

Yes, I know one preseason game. But I also like what James Washington showed on Friday as well and all reports out of camp say that Ben and Donte Moncrief have gained an almost immediate chemistry.

The Steelers may never fully replace his production when he was actually on the field and at his best. Antonio Brown will likely get his catches. He’ll get his yards. He’ll get some touchdowns. But I’m very interested to see how those weigh against the baggage he’ll bring along the way. I’m interested to see how that stat line actually translates to wins on the field.

Now that they moved on from him, Antonio Brown is the Steelers gift to the Raiders that keeps on giving all year long….and probably beyond.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/koll-antonio-brown-steelers-gift-keeps-giving

The Man of Steel
08-13-2019, 07:31 AM
Decent article except for the “Uncle Eddie” reference.

Steel Maniac
08-13-2019, 08:15 AM
How come the media isn’t giving Colbert credit on how he’s gotten over on Gruden?

1. Colbert got a 3rd round pick for Martavius Bryant ( who isn’t even in the league anymore) and turned it into our possible qb of the future.

2. Then he ONLY got a 3rd and a 5th round picks for ACB which now looks like real value now because of the ever increasing destructiveness of ACB to his new team.

Colbert is bending Gruden over headboard. I hope to do more business with the Raiders in the near future in this fashion. :)

Oh wow
08-13-2019, 08:42 AM
I’m going to wait until the season plays out a bit before screaming victory over this trade.

Sure, he is someone else’s headache off the field but on the field he has yet to show he isn’t one of the best.

Starlifter
08-13-2019, 09:10 AM
I just hope the raiders win the same amount of superbowls with him that the steelers won.....

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Decent article except for the “Uncle Eddie” reference.

Yeah, everyone knows it's Cousin Eddie, not Uncle Eddie.

And if you are going to use a Cousin Eddie quote from Christmas Vacation to sum up the Antonio Brown saga, the obvious one to choose would be "$#!tter's Full!" ;)

http://local-pittsburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cousin-Eddie-1.jpg

hawaiiansteel
08-13-2019, 09:42 PM
Bill Cowher: 'We know too much' about Antonio Brown, someone who 'likes to see his name in the media'

The former Steelers coach thinks that less is more when it comes to the embattled Brown

by Bryan DeArdo

Antonio Brown will never play for Bill Cowher, who retired as the Steelers' head coach four years before Brown's rookie season in Pittsburgh. But if he was still coaching, and if he had Brown on his team, Cowher knows how he would handle the situation.

Cowher, a current NFL analyst for CBS Sports who served 15 seasons as Pittsburgh's head coach, was recently asked about Brown, who continues to be at the center of the NFL news cycle after forcing his way out of Pittsburgh this offseason. Over the past two weeks alone, Brown has been dominating the headlines with stories about his mysterious absences from Raiders camp, his frostbitten feet to his reported retirement threat if he would not be allowed to use his old Steelers helmet (Brown lost his appeal and will return to the Raiders this week).

"I think we know too much [about Brown]," Cowher said during an interview with CBS Sports HQ. "I think too much was made out of [his trade from Pittsburgh]. I think every time he does something … he's a guy that likes the attention.

"Really, I think when you talk about his play on the field, he's a very good receiver," Cowher continued. "And I think in today's transparent world, social media, he likes to see his name in the media, he likes the attention. I just think if you're coaching a guy like that, you kinda just hope he doesn't become a distraction from the standpoint of saying something to the opponents. If he's on your team, let him do his thing as long as he's out there and producing as he's getting paid to do."

Cowher didn't hesitate with his answer when asked why the receiver position seems to be the one that creates the most self-centered football players.

"Fantasy football," Cowher said. "I think fantasy football has made that position and has created a kind of selfishness and a way for us to judge players. It's hard for them not to look at that … I think, when you talk about a team sport yet we're talking about individuals wanting to have specific numbers. I think fantasy football has made that position a lot more, I would say, divisive for a team from the standpoint of they're looked upon a little bit differently than offensive linemen or defensive linemen or any other player besides quarterbacks ... running backs, obviously because they get touches. So I just think fantasy football has created more of an individual sport when it really is a team sport."

Cowher -- who coached during the more formative years of fantasy football -- had the luxury of coaching Hines Ward, an unselfish receiver who put team success over his own individual success. While Ward did retire as Pittsburgh's career leader in catches, yards, and touchdowns, he did not compile the same type of numbers that other receivers of his era -- Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison -- compiled on their way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a distinction that Ward has yet to receive.

Ward did, however, retire with two Super Bowl rings and was named the MVP of Super Bowl XL. Owens, Moss, and Harrison combined to win one Super Bowl between them and were never named the MVP of a Super Bowl.

Does Cowher see any elite receivers in today's game that share Ward's mindset?

"I think there are [some]," Cowher said. "I think they're out there. Listen, look at the role Larry Fitzgerald has dwarfed into from the time that he was originally the guy you threw the ball up to and he became now the Hines Ward when Bruce Arians was in Arizona. What made Hines a special receiver was the fact that he did it all. He blocked, he played the slot, he made plays down the field. He was there every week, never missed games. And he brought a degree of toughness and an element to our football team that really exemplified what we were about. We asked receivers to block, just like we asked running backs to block as well. There are only so many balls to go around, so there was philosophy in place. We were a team that threw the ball early but we ran the ball late because we had a lead.

"Sometimes, [Ward's] numbers were not what they could have been because that just wasn't our offense," Cowher continued. "So that's why, when you go back to the numbers, the fantasy football, I know when I was coaching, I was probably not the best team to pick in terms of offensive football for fantasy players, because we were more interested in winning games than having big numbers. And I think not only did Hines buy into that, but he also exemplified that."

Another player Cowher discussed was Ben Roethlisberger, who won a Super Bowl with Cowher in 2005, Big Ben's second NFL season. Cowher, who will return to Pittsburgh on Sept. 29 for his induction into the Steelers' Hall of Honor, is expecting a big season from Big Ben in 2019.

"I think he looks pretty good," Cowher said of Roethlisberger, who is embarking on his 16th NFL season. "When you see him in training camp, I think he looks like he's in shape. His biggest thing is not to try to do too much. Because it's very natural to want to show that 'Hey, we can still win without Antonio Brown and without Le'Veon Bell. And I can still spread the ball around.' Just be careful you don't try to do too much. I think that would be the biggest thing for him. I still think he can make all the throws, he can still get around, move around, and he still has a great feel for the game."

While he will continue to follow his former team, Cowher said that he is also going to keep his eye on what he believes will be a "very intriguing" division race in the AFC North.

"You talk about (new Cincinnati Bengals coach) Zac Taylor, kind of this newness about him and what he's going to do with that football team," Cowher said. "They've got some skill.

"Obviously, the expectation up in Cleveland with Baker Mayfield. Now under the radar, the Pittsburgh Steelers, no more drama with Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell. And (Baltimore Ravens quarterback) Lamar Jackson going into his second year. The AFC North, in general, is going to have a lot of intrigue."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-cowher-we-know-too-much-about-antonio-brown-someone-who-likes-to-see-his-name-in-the-media/

Eich
08-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Antonio Brown will never play for Bill Cowher, who retired as the Steelers' head coach four years before Brown's rookie season in Pittsburgh. But if he was still coaching, and if he had Brown on his team, Cowher knows how he would handle the situation.

I was looking forward to this answer.

"I think we know too much [about Brown]," Cowher said during an interview with CBS Sports HQ. "I think too much was made out of [his trade from Pittsburgh]. I think every time he does something … he's a guy that likes the attention.

OK - if we know too much about Brown, then I guess Cowher is saying he'd try to keep him out of the spotlight as much as possible?

I just think if you're coaching a guy like that, you kinda just hope he doesn't become a distraction from the standpoint of saying something to the opponents. If he's on your team, let him do his thing as long as he's out there and producing as he's getting paid to do."
Nope, looks like he's saying he'd treat Brown the same way that Tomlin did. Let him do whatever he wants, as long as he's producing on the field and then HOPE he doesn't become a distraction.

hawaiiansteel
08-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Managing Antonio Brown is essential to relaunching Jon Gruden's coaching career

JERRY BREWER
The Washington Post
AUG 14, 2019

When Antonio Brown arrived at training camp in a hot-air balloon, Jon Gruden laughed and tried to cozy up to a new reality.

“I expect a lot more drama from No. 84,” the Oakland Raiders coach said last month of his newly acquired superstar wide receiver. “I really do.”

How prescient. And unsurprising. And ominous.

As eccentric as Brown can be, Gruden couldn’t have predicted the strange types of drama he already has presented. Frostbitten feet? An existential crisis over a new helmet? Brown is every bit the headache that the Steelers traded. And if we can assume the healing of his feet — which Brown colorfully described as “circumcised” and “born again” during the most recent HBO “Hard Knocks” episode — the 31-year-old figures to remain the ultra-productive playmaker who has finished with no fewer than 101 receptions, 1,284 yards and eight touchdowns in his past six seasons.

Gruden, the old coach who traded the best of his new tricks during his disastrous NFL return last season, deserves the headache. He acquired Brown partly because his decisions had left the roster desperate for a player capable of making a superstar impact. Now, he needs a fruitful relationship with the diva receiver to erase the notion that his coaching style and tastes have become too antiquated for the modern NFL.

That was the concern coming into the 2018 season, after Gruden signed a 10-year, $100 million contract and resurrected his coaching career after nine years in television. It’s amazing that Gruden is still just 55, but while his energy and charisma are intact, there was either something off about his team-building feel last season, or his torch-the-roster actions as the coach/unofficial GM in Year 1 were necessary to expedite the improvement of a Raiders team that had talent but no flexible route to sustained success.

A year ago, Gruden and the Raiders traded their best player, outside linebacker Khalil Mack, rather than persist during a complicated contract negotiation. It seemed like a premature deal, shipping Mack to Chicago for two first-round picks. The Bears went on to pay Mack record-setting money for a defensive player, and he made their defense dominant again.

Back in Oakland, Gruden alternated between defending the decision and grumbling about lacking a pass rush. Then in the middle of the 2018 season, he traded another prominent player, receiver Amari Cooper, to Dallas for a first-round draft pick.

It led to jokes that Gruden managed to make the Bears and Cowboys playoff teams while watching his own squad go 4-12. And it contributed to the perception that this version of Gruden — older and even pickier — cannot tolerate today’s stars, which would guarantee the failure of his ballyhooed reunion with the Raiders.

The truth probably resides in a gray area. But now Brown is here to provide the greatest test of the coach’s patience and ability to bring out the best in entitled star players. Finding a way to manage Brown is now essential to the relaunching of Gruden’s career. It is the most important player-head coach relationship he has ever had.

On the surface, that might seem like too grand a statement. Gruden turned Rich Gannon into an MVP during his first stint in Oakland. He won a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay after gaining the trust of a defense-centric locker room full of characters and future Hall of Famers. He’s currently tasked with fixing talented quarterback Derek Carr. Nevertheless, the Brown-Gruden dynamic rises to most significant because Brown is so mercurial a personality (ask Steelers coach Mike Tomlin), so electric a player and so capable of elevating or ruining a team. And Gruden, no longer a sure thing, could set back the franchise’s rebuilding process — and his personal, out-of-retirement validation — if this partnership ends badly.

Brown is also a truth teller; many of his issues with the coddling of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger were spot on, even though he chose inappropriate methods to express discontent. To coach Brown, Gruden must be at his best. It requires being tough but flexible. It requires the delicate balance of appreciating Brown’s attributes — legendary work ethic, artful route running, impeccable hands — while massaging his issues and being prepared to handle absurd situations. And Gruden must do this after trading draft capital for Brown and guaranteeing him $30 million in a new contract.

The fact that Brown reportedly considered retirement and walking away from all the money over his displeasure with new NFL helmets should scare the Raiders. But to his credit, Gruden dealt publicly with the situation as well as any coach could. He defended the receiver during his temporary absence from the team and his NFL grievance. It could mean much to building trust.

“I support this guy,” Gruden said late last week. “I think that’s what needs to be said.”

Gruden also properly channeled his frustration over Brown’s feet. He is frustrated about the situation and loss of preseason time, but he’s compassionate toward his player.

“I don’t know what anybody’s writing or anybody thinks, but this foot injury wasn’t his fault,” Gruden said. “This was a total accident. It really wasn’t his fault, and it’s a serious injury. I know some people are smarting at it, but it’s really not a laughing matter. The guy was hurt. He’s innocent. He didn’t do anything wrong.”

They’re an odd couple, Brown and Gruden. With the Raiders using the draft and going young, the receiver is also a peculiar fit on the roster. Brown is here to be a security blanket for Carr. He’s also here because Gruden is too competitive to endure a rebuild without taking a few risks to circumvent a long process.

If Gruden can make it work with Brown, he will catch up to this game that supposedly passed him by. He won’t be the old coach who stayed away for too long. Brown has his born-again feet. Getting through to him would be Gruden’s born-again feat.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/08/14/antonio-brown-helmet-frostbite-raiders-jon-gruden-oakland/stories/201908140086

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Antonio Brown gets sued by chef over unpaid Pro Bowl food bill

Posted by Mike Florio on August 14, 2019, 9:47 PM EDT

Raiders receiver Antonio Brown will eventually know his way around the legal system, whether he wants to or not.

Brown, according to ESPN, has been sued for nearly $40,000 by a chef who claims that Brown failed to pay a Pro Bowl-week bill

Stefano Tedeschi, who calls himself “The Sports Chef,” has filed suit against Brown in Florida for a $38,521.20.

Tedeschi alleges that Brown rented an Orlando-area mansion and then hired Tedeschi to provide cooking services over multiple days, including parties at the mansion.

Attorney Darren Heitner told ESPN, “We expect to be filing a motion to dismiss the complaint and will let the filing speak for itself.”

Brown settled a lawsuit earlier this year arising from claims that he threw furniture off a Miami balcony, nearly hitting a toddler and his grandfather. Brown recently was sued for allegedly stiffing a trainer.

Brown also isn’t afraid to file legal claims; he essentially sued the NFL over his desire to wear an outdated helmet. He lost, but an unexpected loophole has allowed him to wear the same helmet, if models made within the last 10 years can be recertified and reconditioned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/14/antonio-brown-gets-sued-by-chef-over-unpaid-pro-bowl-food-bill/

Steelerphile
08-15-2019, 04:14 PM
Managing Antonio Brown is essential to relaunching Jon Gruden's coaching career

JERRY BREWER
The Washington Post
AUG 14, 2019

When Antonio Brown arrived at training camp in a hot-air balloon, Jon Gruden laughed and tried to cozy up to a new reality.

“I expect a lot more drama from No. 84,” the Oakland Raiders coach said last month of his newly acquired superstar wide receiver. “I really do.”

“I don’t know what anybody’s writing or anybody thinks, but this foot injury wasn’t his fault,” Gruden said. “This was a total accident. It really wasn’t his fault, and it’s a serious injury. I know some people are smarting at it, but it’s really not a laughing matter. The guy was hurt. He’s innocent. He didn’t do anything wrong.”

If Gruden can make it work with Brown, he will catch up to this game that supposedly passed him by. He won’t be the old coach who stayed away for too long. Brown has his born-again feet. Getting through to him would be Gruden’s born-again feat.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/08/14/antonio-brown-helmet-frostbite-raiders-jon-gruden-oakland/stories/201908140086

Gruden is trying to be supportive of Brown as he can, but when he says the foot injury wasn't his fault, that isn't true. Brown has either used the cryotherapy chamber before or as it was pointed out in a previous article, the people who attend the chamber tell people who use it, that they have to wear protective footwear and take precautions.

Brown either completely ignored the warnings, or just let it go in one ear and out the other. He recklessly used the cryotherapy chamber In a similar manner as he recklessly drove 130 mphs or whatever on a parkway, and recklessly threw furniture from a window. Just as he recklessly and thoughtlessly posted video of himself in the locker room with Tomlin speaking in private manner to team. He's not interested enough to pay attention to the rules or what effect his actions will have later.

It does look it will be a long season in Oakland, but interesting.

Steel Maniac
08-15-2019, 04:27 PM
yeah..long season....4-12 or 5-11.

hawaiiansteel
08-16-2019, 03:05 PM
Bettis: Antonio Brown Drama Not New, Was Tough to Deal With

The Antonio Brown drama isn't anything new, Jerome Bettis says; it's just that now the spotlight is on him

THE DA SHOW
AUGUST 15, 2019

(CBS Sports Radio) -- Antonio Brown did not play in Week 17 last season, even though it was a must-win game for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since then, he’s been in the news seemingly every week, seemingly never for a positive reason.

Did Brown simply change as a person over the last year?

“I think his viewpoint of Pittsburgh changed, obviously,” Steelers legend and Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis said on The DA Show. “I don’t think he changed. He was a tough guy to deal with, but he was a great player. Make no mistake about it: he was the same player he’s always been, the same person. But obviously with the issues that he had, he wanted to make a change. Is that right or wrong? Hey, that’s up for everyone to decide. But he felt he was ready to go. When a player is ready to go like that, you’ve got to let him go because he will destroy the continuity of the football team. So you got to let him go, you pick up the pieces and you keep moving.”

Still, there have been more AB stories over the last nine months than in his first nine NFL seasons combined. Did the Steelers simply keep his shenanigans under wraps all this time?

“There wasn’t a lot of issues,” Bettis said. “He was doing his job. There were obviously things he was doing here in Pittsburgh – it wasn’t significant, so it’s not going to be brought to the forefront. But when you put him in the public eye like this, now anything that he does becomes significant. I don’t think that was the case (in Pittsburgh). All those minor blips on the radar screen, they were able to be looked at as small issues and things that you can work through.

“But there was some things that happened when he was here,” Bettis continued. “They didn’t make a big issue of them, and the public didn’t make a big issue of them because, hey, he was having success and they were winning. Now everything has changed because he made the big issue to be traded, he was traded, and now he’s in the spotlight more. So I don’t think it’s him changing; his situation has changed.”

D.A. wondered if the relationship between Brown and Ben Roethlisberger was just that bad.

“I wish I could tell you,” Bettis said. “I wasn’t in the locker room. I have no idea. But here’s what’s telling for me: When it’s one-sided like that, that’s strange. If you don’t have a good relationship with somebody, usually both guys know about it. When Ben came out and said, ‘I don’t know where this is coming from,’ that just strikes me as being strange. Usually if I don’t like you and you don’t like me, we both know about it. That’s what was strange for me when all this stuff came out.”

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/radiocom/bettis-ab-didnt-change-was-tough-deal

hawaiiansteel
08-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Anthony Galaviz

@agalaviz_TheBee

"Hard Knocks" third episode delivered 772,000 viewers for its Tuesday premiere night, per HBO spokesman. The top-rated market was in Pittsburgh. HBO said the ratings among HBO homes in the Pittsburgh market were more than three times ahead of the national average. #Raiders

Aug 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/agalaviz_TheBee?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etwe etembed%7Ctwterm%5E1164312154297659393&ref_url=htt p%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelersuniverse.com%2Fforums%2Fshow thread.php%2F30585-Raiders-on-hard-knocks

Oh wow
08-21-2019, 11:11 PM
I think the Raiders and Jets are going to have huge ratings. Steelers will tune in to hate watch.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-22-2019, 09:47 AM
Anthony Galaviz

@agalaviz_TheBee

"Hard Knocks" third episode delivered 772,000 viewers for its Tuesday premiere night, per HBO spokesman. The top-rated market was in Pittsburgh. HBO said the ratings among HBO homes in the Pittsburgh market were more than three times ahead of the national average. #Raiders

Aug 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/agalaviz_TheBee?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etwe etembed%7Ctwterm%5E1164312154297659393&ref_url=htt p%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelersuniverse.com%2Fforums%2Fshow thread.php%2F30585-Raiders-on-hard-knocks

Tune in Pittsburgh for Comedy Tuesdays...exclusively on HBO.

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Tune in Pittsburgh for Comedy Tuesdays...exclusively on HBO.

I consider the Ballad of AB to be a Shakespearian-level tragedy, actually.

Dude undoubtedly had it all, but undeniable character flaws set it all ablaze...

Northern_Blitz
08-22-2019, 10:16 AM
I consider the Ballad of AB to be a Shakespearian-level tragedy, actually.

Dude undoubtedly had it all, but undeniable character flaws set it all ablaze...

That plus potential brain trauma...

https://usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/burfict-brown.gif?w=1000

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2019, 10:21 AM
That plus potential brain trauma...

https://usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/burfict-brown.gif?w=1000

With Burfict roaming the practice fields as a fellow Raider now, no wonder AB's making any excuse possible to not practice.

Starlifter
08-22-2019, 02:57 PM
i haven't watched and don't plan to watch Hard Knocks.

hawaiiansteel
08-22-2019, 04:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1164345914967896065/lGn5rz5A?format=jpg&name=600x314

Oh wow
08-22-2019, 04:42 PM
i haven't watched and don't plan to watch Hard Knocks.

I think the Browns is the only one I watched a few episodes of and it was ok.

I don’t have the time tho.

hawaiiansteel
08-22-2019, 06:24 PM

even if I did, I've seen enough of AB being an attention whore...

Starlifter
08-22-2019, 06:25 PM

i did watch last year, and a few other times. i enjoy the show. but not this year.

hawaiiansteel
08-23-2019, 10:59 PM
FOX Sports Radio

@FoxSportsRadio

🎙️@ColinCowherd: “The 'Hard Knocks’ ratings said Pittsburgh is watching more than any other city per capita, and Antonio Brown went to Twitter to say ‘My ex still thinks of me’...

––NARCISSISM IS A HELL OF A DRUG––

https://twitter.com/FoxSportsRadio?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etwee tembed%7Ctwterm%5E1165021915674791936&ref_url=http %3A%2F%2Fwww.steelersuniverse.com%2Fforums%2Fshowt hread.php%2F30843-Raiders-GM-Time-for-AB-to-be-all-in-or-all-out%2Fpage2

Oviedo
08-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Every Brown misstep just speaks volumes of how Tomlin managed the unmageable

hawaiiansteel
08-26-2019, 03:12 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/1105eaeaa16bbc4657d4678d7c69ddbd.jpg

Oviedo
08-26-2019, 04:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/1105eaeaa16bbc4657d4678d7c69ddbd.jpg

That is freakin hilarious...and true

Eich
08-27-2019, 02:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044401/article/rosenhaus-ab-has-multiple-offers-for-new-helmet

Unbelievable. He got to miss almost all of training camp. And all his whining will likely get him PAID to wear a new helmet design:

Seems it keeps paying off for AB to be a jerk:

Antonio Brown played his final card in an attempt to wear his preferred helmet brand. The bid was hit with a big fat D-E-N-I-E-D on Sunday, leaving the Oakland Raiders receiver with no choice but to move on.
Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed to Sirius XM NFL Radio on Sunday that's precisely the plan.
"We're going to move on," Rosenhaus said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "That door is closed."

Brown's latest denied appeal was the second attempt to get an independent arbitrator to allow him to wear his helmet in 2019. Both attempts were shut down swiftly.

The failure isn't a total loss for "Mr. Big Chest." Rosenhaus said the publicity from the helmet kerfuffle has spurred business opportunities for the Raiders receiver, who will likely sport a custom helmet and get paid by a brand to be a sponsor.
"As a result of all the publicity accrued from our efforts to get him to wear that helmet, he has multiple offers on the table right now from various companies to custom-make a helmet for him and pay him quite a bit of money," Rosenhaus said. "We have found, without getting into specifics, some very suitable alternatives. We're very excited. Antonio will be wearing a helmet. He won't be missing any time, and he'll be getting paid a lot of money to do so. It's sort of a happy ending, even though he won't be able to wear the old helmet."

As has been the case with Brown the last several years: Despite the shenanigans that follow him, business is in fact still Boomin'.

The Raiders wanted Brown to be all-in before the regular season. With two weeks before Jon Gruden's team opens up on Monday Night Football against the Denver Broncos, it appears all of Brown's issues will be in the past.

"The helmet and the foot, all that is behind him now," Rosenhaus said. "He's entirely focused on football and is ready to have another prototype Antonio Brown season. He's going to flourish with Jon Gruden and Derek Carr. I'm very excited for him moving forward."

Oh wow
08-27-2019, 02:58 PM
I keep saying it... it’s fruitless to bash AB and Bell and think you will win the day.

These guys are extremely talented and worth a ton of money to businesses.

Hell, if anything the haters have helped them earn more money by clicking on every story or tweet and celebrating cheap victories.

Injury is your only hope as that’s a pretty terrible way to live life...

wishing injury is classless.

Eich
08-27-2019, 03:18 PM
I keep saying it... it’s fruitless to bash AB and Bell and think you will win the day.

Hell, if anything the haters have helped them earn more money by clicking on every story or tweet and celebrating cheap victories.

I think people wishing injury are very few. I just hate seeing jerks rewarded for jerk-like behavior. There are right ways and wrong ways to go about things. I'm fine with how Bell went about trying to get what he felt he was worth, even though no one won in the end.

AB is just classless and not a good human.

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2019, 03:21 PM

I only wish injury on the true scumbags who attack women and/or children like Ray Rice, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, or Tyreek Hill. Those lowlifes deserve every last ounce of pain they receive.

I don't wish injury on AB (he'll almost certainly do himself in with his own continuing douchebaggery).

I don't wish injury on Bell (in fact, I hope he does really well against BAL, CIN, CLE, and NEX2).

I don't wish injury on Brady (I'll crack a smile at every embarrassing defeat and/or scandal, though).

I guess I do wish injury on Burfict before we have play him (just so that sociopath can't take out any of our players with a cheap shot).

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Antonio Brown to Ben Roethlisberger: Shut up already

Posted by Josh Alper on August 27, 2019, 4:20 PM EDT

Antonio Brown replaced barbs directed toward the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger with frostbitten feet and helmet grievances this summer, but he’s back to playing the hits now that the latter two fronts have quieted down.

During an interview with Michelle Tafoya for the Sunday Night Football telecast of the Steelers’ game against the Titans, Roethlisberger again said that he regretted calling Brown out publicly after a loss to the Broncos last season.

“Obviously it ruined a friendship,” Roethlisberger said.

Brown replied to a tweet sharing video of that interview on Tuesday and made it clear that he doesn’t feel that there was any friendship to ruin between the two players. He also suggests that Roethlisberger find other topics of conversation.

“Never friends just had to get my ends…….shut up already,” Brown wrote.

The Raiders and Steelers don’t play each other this season, although it remains to be seen whether or not that leads to everyone shutting up about the way things ended for Brown in Pittsburgh.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/27/antonio-brown-to-ben-roethlisberger-shut-up-already/

Oh wow
08-27-2019, 04:44 PM
Lmao.. AB is one to talk.

It’s definitely time to turn the page.

Disco1981
08-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Lmao.. AB is one to talk.

It’s definitely time to turn the page.

Crazy Ex!!!!!!!!

NorthCoast
08-27-2019, 05:09 PM
AB will get his when he is sitting at home for another postseason.... then again, he may not give a patootie about it as long as he got paid.

fordfixer
08-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Then I guess Ben doesn’t need to worry about calling AB out anymore

Eich
08-27-2019, 06:26 PM
“Never friends just had to get my ends…….shut up already,” Brown wrote.

Just Wow. I’m sure he’ll be best of friends with Carr.

NorthCoast
08-27-2019, 07:05 PM
Brown is about as fake two-faced person as you can get.
Roethlisberger attempted to take the high road... AB can't find a road low enough

Disco1981
08-27-2019, 07:53 PM
Chestio lost his 2nd helmet grievance...But low and behold a company has agreed to step in and build him a new helmet according to his specs, and pay him HANDSOMELY!

Only in America can someone continue to act like a complete *******, and continue to always come out smelling like a rose...

Doesn't want in Pittsburgh anymore...Force your way out

Bills make a great offer...Say you won't go there

Continue to act bizarre and a fool, driving down your trade value, Thus screwing the team trading you

Finally get traded ( for very little ) but again...You won't go there unless you get a huge raise

Get raise

Circumcise your feet, So you can't practice...Feet heal but now say you won't show up because they won't allow you to wear a helmet that has been banned

Have a company agree to make you a helmet to your specs, and PAY you

He may be the dumbest/ smart MF'er I have EVER seen

Moonie
08-27-2019, 11:17 PM
His latest Ben bashing tweet is incredible. "Oh yeah? Well, I never liked you first! It was just pretend!" This creep truly has the mind of an 8 year old. (That said, sadly, we're f**ked without him).

hawaiiansteel
08-27-2019, 11:55 PM
His latest Ben bashing tweet is incredible. "Oh yeah? Well, I never liked you first! It was just pretend!" This creep truly has the mind of an 8 year old. (That said, sadly, we're f**ked without him).

how many Super Bowls did we win with AB? heck, we didn't even make the playoffs last season with him.

I think we would have been more f**ked if he were still a Steeler, imo we can't do worse than we did with him on our roster...

Moonie
08-28-2019, 01:08 AM
I think we would have been more f**ked if he were still a Steeler, imo we can't do worse than we did with him on our roster...

We can do worse, and very likely will do worse. He was a phenomenal, game-changing receiver despite his scumbaggitedness.

hawaiiansteel
08-28-2019, 03:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDAP2PKU0AAx4sS?format=jpg&name=900x900

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Chestio lost his 2nd helmet grievance...But low and behold a company has agreed to step in and build him a new helmet according to his specs, and pay him HANDSOMELY!

Only in America can someone continue to act like a complete *******, and continue to always come out smelling like a rose...

Doesn't want in Pittsburgh anymore...Force your way out

Bills make a great offer...Say you won't go there

Continue to act bizarre and a fool, driving down your trade value, Thus screwing the team trading you

Finally get traded ( for very little ) but again...You won't go there unless you get a huge raise

Get raise

Circumcise your feet, So you can't practice...Feet heal but now say you won't show up because they won't allow you to wear a helmet that has been banned

Have a company agree to make you a helmet to your specs, and PAY you

Sure, his continued douchebaggery has resulted in the gain of more guaranteed dollars, which is all he truly cares about in the end.

However, he is by no means coming out of all this smelling like a rose.

Whatever reputation he had previous built as a self-made, hard working type have been completely and totally obliterated.

And it's not just among Steeler fans. I know fans of several other teams who consider him completely toxic and wouldn't want their team to come anywhere near him even if it cost their team literally nothing in terms of draft compensation or cap hit.

AB basically just chants, "me, me, me, me" more than an opera singer warming up. You don't win championships with guys like that on your roster. Give me the little piggy who went "we, we, we, we" all the way home instead.

flippy
08-28-2019, 10:24 AM
I hope Ryan Switzer puts up better stats this season than AB.

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2019, 10:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDAP2PKU0AAx4sS?format=jpg&name=900x900

AB's feet were never frostbitten...that was just a ruse. He messed them up by trying play football in Gucci loafers instead of Nike cleats. ;)

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2019, 10:44 AM

Let me cut-and-paste one of my earlier posts for some perspective...

Ben was a Hall of Fame caliber QB before Brown and Bell.
Ben was a Hall of Fame caliber QB with Brown and Bell.
Ben will continue to be a Hall of Fame caliber QB after Brown and Bell.

I've seen Ben produce with Plaxico.
I've seen Ben produce with Hines.
I've seen Ben produce with Santonio.
I've seen Ben produce with Wallace.
I've seen Ben produce with Brown.
I've seen Ben produce with Juju.

Hell, I've seen Ben produce with Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington, Antwaan Randle El, Jerricho Cotchery, Manny Sanders, Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant, etc., etc. etc.

I've seen Ben produce with the Bus.
I've seen Ben produce with Fast Willie.
I've seen Ben produce with Mendenhall.
I've seen Ben produce with Bell.
I've seen Ben produce with DeAngelo.
I've seen Ben produce with Conner.

Hell, I've seen Ben produce with Duce Staley, Verron Haynes, Najeh Davenport, Mewelde Moore, Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, LeGarrette Blount, etc., etc. etc.

We are far from f**ked without Antonio f**king Brown. This isn't fantasy football. It's a team game.

Buzz
08-28-2019, 11:46 AM
I hope Ryan Switzer puts up better stats this season than AB.
I agree with this sentiment, unless Switz is playing for one of our opponents. Not sure he's a lock to be with us at this point.

Jigawatts
08-28-2019, 01:04 PM

Yeah, but after his career is over he'll be broke quicker than you can say baby momma.

hawaiiansteel
08-28-2019, 09:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDFYvsMU4AA7MyO?format=jpg&name=small

hawaiiansteel
08-29-2019, 03:18 PM
AB

@AB84

It’s so sad what you got to go through just to get a little respect !

Aug 28, 2019

https://twitter.com/AB84?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ct wterm%5E1166841948755247105&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fw ww.steelersuniverse.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php% 2F30927-Antonio-Brown-to-Ben-Roethlisberger-Shut-up-already%2Fpage2

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2019, 03:32 PM
It’s so sad what you got to go through just to get a little respect !

Treating other people with respect seems to work just fine for me.

That, and not acting like a childish egomaniacal douchebag all the time, of course.

fordfixer
08-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Treating other people with respect seems to work just fine for me.

That, and not acting like a childish egomaniacal douchebag all the time, of course.
Who would of thought that would work lol

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Raiders fined Antonio Brown $53,950 for missing two practices

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 4, 2019, 10:45 AM EDT

Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown has his helmet and is set to play on Monday night, but he’s not happy with everything that happened in training camp.

Specifically, Brown posted an Instagram story that showed a letter from Raiders General Manager Mike Mayock, informing him he was fined for missing practice.

“Dear Antonio: As you know, you did not participate in the Raiders’ walk through on August 22,” the letter begins. “Your absence from practice was unexcused. Accordingly, you are hereby fined $13,950 pursuant to Article 42, Section 1(a)(viii) of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Raiders’ Club Discipline Schedule.

“You were previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders’ preseason training camp on August 18. Please be advised that should you continue to miss mandatory team activities, including practices and games, the Raiders reserve the right to impose additional remedies available under the Club’s Discipline Schedule, the CBA and your NFL Player Contract, including, but not limited to, additional fines and discipline for engaging in Conduct Detrimental to the Club.”

Brown added his own commentary to the image: “When your own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear.”

The $40,000 fine was assessed on August 18, the day that Mayock angrily told reporters that it was time for Brown to be all in or all out. Brown clearly didn’t get the message, given that he missed another practice four days later. Now the Raiders are crossing their fingers and hoping that when the season starts, things will go smoothly.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/raiders-fined-antonio-brown-53950-for-missing-two-practices/

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown has his helmet and is set to play on Monday night, but he’s not happy with everything that happened in training camp.

Specifically, Brown posted an Instagram story that showed a letter from Raiders General Manager Mike Mayock, informing him he was fined for missing practice.

“Dear Antonio: As you know, you did not participate in the Raiders’ walk through on August 22,” the letter begins. “Your absence from practice was unexcused. Accordingly, you are hereby fined $13,950 pursuant to Article 42, Section 1(a)(viii) of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Raiders’ Club Discipline Schedule.

“You were previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders’ preseason training camp on August 18. Please be advised that should you continue to miss mandatory team activities, including practices and games, the Raiders reserve the right to impose additional remedies available under the Club’s Discipline Schedule, the CBA and your NFL Player Contract, including, but not limited to, additional fines and discipline for engaging in Conduct Detrimental to the Club.”

Brown added his own commentary to the image: “When your own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear.”

The $40,000 fine was assessed on August 18, the day that Mayock angrily told reporters that it was time for Brown to be all in or all out. Brown clearly didn’t get the message, given that he missed another practice four days later. Now the Raiders are crossing their fingers and hoping that when the season starts, things will go smoothly.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/raiders-fined-antonio-brown-53950-for-missing-two-practices/

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2019, 10:59 AM

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2019, 10:59 AM

Starlifter
09-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Raiders gave him 30 million guaranteed to show up to practice. He didn’t and now they have the unmitigated gall to fine him 50k.

Oh the humanity.

But AB will show them who’s boss.

The Man of Steel
09-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Monday night is still a long way off so I can see him not even playing at all in that game now.

Oh wow
09-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Fake news.

I doubt he pays it by it makes the Raiders look tough on him.

Eich
09-04-2019, 12:09 PM
When your own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear.

What?!!

That barely resembles language.

Gus
09-04-2019, 12:24 PM
What?!!

That barely resembles language.

the best part is that it ends with “...so we clear”
haha. Yup. Sure buddy. Crystal clear.

whatever
09-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Kudos for having the doodads to fine him, tho

Northern_Blitz
09-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Kudos for having the doodads to fine him, tho

Time will tell.

Looks like we may get a demonstration of what would have happened if we applied the firm hand some here were calling for.

It's too early to know, but I think ABs behavior at Oak makes Tomlin look more like Phil Jackson managing egos (but I admit I was probably further toward that opinion than many on here in the first place).

Disco1981
09-04-2019, 03:43 PM
It's quite clear now that Chestio took Tomlins monikor as a * Players Coach, and rode the Hell out of that Bitch...

Obviously I wasn't there for AB's tenure but imo there was a ton of stuff kept hush hush...We already now about the Helicopter ride, private Digs at Latrobe, Facebook Living etc.

But I think it took this organization a boatland of appeasing, looking the other way, and letting **** slide than we could all think..

They tolerated it because he was such an extreme talent but, When he went full bat **** crazy...The lightbulb finally went off and they decided " We haven't won Dick with this Clown... He's disrupting the whole lockeroom , culture ,and discipline we are trying to instill as to being a Steeler...

Finally the talent DIDN'T outweigh the means

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2019, 04:19 PM
https://i.ibb.co/SnRKvyh/EDoc-UVk-W4-AA7q-Wq.jpg

Disco1981
09-04-2019, 04:35 PM

Lmao...This is great! I laughed way to hard at this

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Merril Hoge Rips Antonio Brown

'He's an embarrassment to the National Football League"

GREG FINLEY
SEPTEMBER 04, 2019

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan) – Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge opened up with the PM Team about the Antonio Brown drama.

“You can’t have a rational conversation with an irrational person,” said Hoge.

Hoge said that he had a great first impression with Antonio Brown when they first met but people warned him about his ego but they say he works hard.

“There ain’t a bigger line of garbage than he works hard. Everybody in the NFL works hard. Anyone who is a good pro works hard. Because he works hard, it doesn’t take you away from being a bad pro. He’s a horrendous pro, he’s an embarrassment to the National Football League!”

Hoge doesn’t think Antonio Brown would have even lasted on the Patriots.

“He would have probably been cut or sitting at home suspended right now. He is not a pro, he is not a team player. I would never build my offense EVER around a receiver,” said Hoge.

To listen to the whole interview with Merril click down below.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/merril-hoge-rips-antonio-brown

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2019, 08:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDoHdDZUUAAGHN3?format=jpg&name=small

pittpete
09-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Hoge is obviously a racist:rolleyes:

SidSmythe
09-04-2019, 09:06 PM
Can someone interpret what Brown was saying in this latest rant for me??

fordfixer
09-04-2019, 09:37 PM
He’s upset

Moonie
09-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Did Chestio conjure up memories of this for anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Steel Maniac
09-04-2019, 10:03 PM
ACB won’t be around too much longer in this league.

papillon
09-04-2019, 10:21 PM

Why are you picking on clowns like that? They didn't do anything wrong. :p

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2019, 11:01 PM

So we ain't clear? ;)

flippy
09-05-2019, 09:34 AM
So we ain't clear? ;)

I'm pretty sure he's trying to renegotiate his contract again...

Northern_Blitz
09-05-2019, 10:46 AM
It's quite clear now that Chestio took Tomlins monikor as a * Players Coach, and rode the Hell out of that Bitch...

Obviously I wasn't there for AB's tenure but imo there was a ton of stuff kept hush hush...We already now about the Helicopter ride, private Digs at Latrobe, Facebook Living etc.

But I think it took this organization a boatland of appeasing, looking the other way, and letting **** slide than we could all think..

They tolerated it because he was such an extreme talent but, When he went full bat **** crazy...The lightbulb finally went off and they decided " We haven't won Dick with this Clown... He's disrupting the whole lockeroom , culture ,and discipline we are trying to instill as to being a Steeler...

Finally the talent DIDN'T outweigh the means

I think that letting him walk was more about money (not giving him a new contract) than about being bat **** crazy. The crazy stuff was just his response to not getting a new contract IMO.

Eich
09-05-2019, 12:32 PM
I think that letting him walk was more about money (not giving him a new contract) than about being bat **** crazy. The crazy stuff was just his response to not getting a new contract IMO.

He had just gotten a new contract in 2017!
It was less than a year later that he went bat-$**** crazy.

On February 27, 2017, Brown signed a new five-year contract with the Steelers through the 2021 season. The contract is a four-year extension worth $68 million ($19 million guaranteed at signing) with a $17 million annual price tag, making Brown the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL

While ultimately, it may have been about money for big chest, I don't think that's why the Steelers let him walk. He became far too big of a distraction and his conduct became very visibly detrimental to the team.

Steel Maniac
09-05-2019, 12:46 PM
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9209921

Ass Clown has been suspended now. hahahahahahahah

Steel Maniac
09-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Man, this is a better soap opera then Days of our lives. hahahahahaahahahaha

Eich
09-05-2019, 12:53 PM
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9209921

Ass Clown has been suspended now. hahahahahahahah

When he posted his fine letter on social media, I knew the Raiders would have to do something. That's just completely unacceptable. And his jibberish comment on the letter wasn't any better.

He's either the dumbest athlete in the league or he seriously has mental issues from the Burfict hit to the head. We all knew he was a me-first, diva, drama-seeking piece of work. But even I'm surprised by how this has gone down after he forced his way out of the Steelers org. You'd think he'd have a slight bit of professionalism after getting all that guaranteed money.

Something is seriously wrong with him.

Oh wow
09-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Wow. He might not play a down if he doubles down.

I didn’t think the Raiders would do it.

Eich
09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Antonio Brown was unhappy about being fined and had an exchange with #Raiders general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday. He was held back by a couple of teammates, sources said, and is now facing a team suspension.

You can definitely see a scenario where Brown is finally out of the league. He just seems to keep escalating. You'd think after being promised guaranteed money, the guy would settle down a bit. But it's getting WORSE as time goes on.

SteelBucks
09-05-2019, 01:07 PM
And here I originally thought we got fleeced by the Raiders for only getting a 3rd and 5th round pick. :D

Steel Maniac
09-05-2019, 01:15 PM
When he posted his fine letter on social media, I knew the Raiders would have to do something. That's just completely unacceptable. And his jibberish comment on the letter wasn't any better.

He's either the dumbest athlete in the league or he seriously has mental issues from the Burfict hit to the head. We all knew he was a me-first, diva, drama-seeking piece of work. But even I'm surprised by how this has gone down after he forced his way out of the Steelers org. You'd think he'd have a slight bit of professionalism after getting all that guaranteed money.

Something is seriously wrong with him.

You had to know that something was seriously wrong with him when he got that blond mustache. Looked like someone from the insane asylum.

Steel Maniac
09-05-2019, 01:16 PM
You can definitely see a scenario where Brown is finally out of the league. He just seems to keep escalating. You'd think after being promised guaranteed money, the guy would settle down a bit. But it's getting WORSE as time goes on.

He wanted the money but his actions say he really doesn't want to play anymore. He just wanted the money as a parting gift as he leaves the league.

Steel Maniac
09-05-2019, 01:17 PM
And here I originally thought we got fleeced by the Raiders for only getting a 3rd and 5th round pick. :D

That 3rd and 5th are looking better by the day. :tt2

D Rock
09-05-2019, 01:24 PM
This dude has got to have CTE

Nobody can be this messed up, this consistently, without having some sort of issue upstairs

Disco1981
09-05-2019, 01:26 PM
He wanted the money but his actions say he really doesn't want to play anymore. He just wanted the money as a parting gift as he leaves the league.

But...His own stupidness will finally do him in because, He just can't shut up, or not have the last word...

The Raiders can go after the 30 Mill guaranteed if it's proven conduct detrimental to the team...I would think the Raiders have that little problem covered...About 10 fold

Oviedo
09-05-2019, 01:45 PM
That 3rd and 5th are looking better by the day. :tt2
Was it still Ben and Tomlin's problem? No shortage of posters who wanted to put the blame everywhere but where it should be to fit their agendas

D Rock
09-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Was it still Ben and Tomlin's problem? No shortage of posters who wanted to put the blame everywhere but where it should be to fit their agendas

I'd have to say there's definitely a level of exoneration for those two, but also the organization as a whole. there's no textbook for dealing with a situation like this but hindsight shows they seem to have done a pretty good job overall

Northern_Blitz
09-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Anyone still think that a heavy handed approach is the right way to deal with AB?

Northern_Blitz
09-05-2019, 03:10 PM
He had just gotten a new contract in 2017!
It was less than a year later that he went bat-$**** crazy.

While ultimately, it may have been about money for big chest, I don't think that's why the Steelers let him walk. He became far too big of a distraction and his conduct became very visibly detrimental to the team.

My understanding was that he went to the team asking for a new deal first.

The team said no because it was a ridiculous request.

Then AB went crazy.

I actually thought most of the crazy was an act. Now I think it's clear that it's probably more crazy and less acting.

Dude can run one hell of a route tree though.

Oh wow
09-05-2019, 03:20 PM
If he really had to be held back from Mayock and threatened to punch him in the face... dude is done.

It’s like WR’s go dumb once they hit a certain age.

Buzz
09-05-2019, 03:33 PM
If he really had to be held back from Mayock and threatened to punch him in the face... dude is done.

It’s like WR’s go dumb once they hit a certain age.

Guess it wasn't "fake news", huh?

Oh wow
09-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Guess it wasn't "fake news", huh?

Nope. I really thought this was going thru the motions.

Never thought they would suspend him.

I also never thought he would actually threaten to punch Mayock in the face.

A lot of things happened that I would’ve never expected these last 3 days.

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Field Yates

@FieldYates

March analysis: the Steelers got ONLY a third and fifth-round pick for Antonio Brown?

September analysis: the Steelers got a third AND fifth-round picks for Antonio Brown?

Sep 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/FieldYates?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetemb ed%7Ctwterm%5E1169653237483544578&ref_url=https%3A %2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.htm l%231169653237483544578

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Field Yates

@FieldYates

March analysis: the Steelers got ONLY a third and fifth-round pick for Antonio Brown?

September analysis: the Steelers got a third AND fifth-round picks for Antonio Brown?

Sep 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/FieldYates?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetemb ed%7Ctwterm%5E1169653237483544578&ref_url=https%3A %2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.htm l%231169653237483544578

Read that earlier today. Hillarious.

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Justis Mosqueda
@JuMosq

The final straw was AB telling Mayock he had the fourth overall pick and got the third-best defensive lineman out of Clemson with it

5 Sep 2019

https://twitter.com/JuMosq

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2019, 11:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190906/9613edacf48888a3267adc84afba9fde.jpg

hawaiiansteel
09-06-2019, 01:21 AM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/dmC6lcjhX5SjrcyvRF1drQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-images/2019-09/cf9846b0-d05d-11e9-bf7f-addc4c38317c

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Field Yates

@FieldYates

Sep 5, 2019

The Steelers made 3 separate trades in recent seasons, all involving receivers going one way or the other (Martavis Bryant, Ryan Switzer, and Antonio Brown).

In total, here is what the Steelers got out of those 3 deals:

WR Ryan Switzer
Played in all 16 games last year, and projects to be our primary return man and slot receiver this season after beating out the likes of Eli Rogers and Diontae Spencer in camp.

A 2018 3rd round pick (79th overall)
We traded this pick along with 7.220 to move up 3 spots to take QB Mason Rudolph at 3.76

A 2019 3rd round pick (66th overall)
We drafted WR Diontae Johnson here

A 2019 5th round pick (141st overall)
We drafted TE Zach Gentry here

A 2019 6th round pick (175th overall)
We drafted LB Sutton Smith here.

In total, here is what the Raiders got out of those 3 deals:

WR Martavis Bryant
Played in 8 games last season (2 starts) before being indefinitely suspended from the league yet again.

WR Antonio Brown
Frostbitten feet, helmet issues, fines for missing practices, threatening to punch his GM, and facing a potential suspension that could possibly void all of the remaining guaranteed money in his contract before he played a single game in the silver and black.

A 2019 5th round pick (158th overall)
They traded this pick along with 7.218 to move up 9 spots to take WR Hunter Renfrow at 5.149

hawaiiansteel
09-06-2019, 04:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDzZFCSXoAAwNfZ.jpg

Oh wow
09-06-2019, 06:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDzZFCSXoAAwNfZ.jpg

Might run for President and win?

hawaiiansteel
09-06-2019, 10:11 PM

good point, and might actually get re-elected again...

hawaiiansteel
09-06-2019, 10:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCH_NCZ7Ejs

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 01:14 AM
So he secretly taped his conversation with Gruden; what a shock. This guy clearly needs a psychological evaluation. And a drug test along with testing for CTE.

flippy
09-07-2019, 06:12 AM
I think what AB realizes in all of this is no one cares about him. So like a petulant child, he needs to act out to get the attention he craves.

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 07:34 AM
I think what AB realizes in all of this is no one cares about him. So like a petulant child, he needs to act out to get the attention he craves.

It’s the opposite. Well, actually it’s both. Does the FO care about his health or just his talent?

I think AB knows the FO is willing to pay him huge money and that tells him he has the power to act a fool and still play every week.

Tomlin suspending him was probably the first time he ever actually was punished for his actions.

fordfixer
09-07-2019, 09:05 AM
It’s the opposite. Well, actually it’s both. Does the FO care about his health or just his talent?

I think AB knows the FO is willing to pay him huge money and that tells him he has the power to act a fool and still play every week.

Tomlin suspending him was probably the first time he ever actually was punished for his actions.
And the last time it appears

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Now AB posts that he wants released. lol. This guy needs to be in an institution.

Colbert should be GM of the decade for getting what he got for this POS loser

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 09:23 AM

LMK when a President made a slur like that. Well I mean, LBJ had his famous quote, and the Clintons were known for their racism....

fordfixer
09-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Now AB posts that he wants released. lol. This guy needs to be in an institution.

Colbert should be GM of the decade for getting what he got for this POS loser
Adam Schefter
‪By fining Antonio Brown $215,073.53 last night for conduct detrimental to the team on Sept. 4, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, per league sources.‬

‪This could help explain why Brown is now asking the Raiders for his release.‬

Steelgal
09-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Adam Schefter
‪By fining Antonio Brown $215,073.53 last night for conduct detrimental to the team on Sept. 4, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, per league sources.‬

just coming to add that. I figured he’d have a melt down during the season, but thought he’d at least play 1 game with the Raiders........ Guess I was wrong. This guy needs help.

Steelgal
09-07-2019, 09:44 AM
It was reported by Shefter on ESPN just now the Raiders sent AB a second letter last night stating he would not receive any termination pay, if let go by the team like all other players do.

Im assuming it must be like unemployment pay??

flippy
09-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Well played Raiders!!!

lol

AzStillers1989
09-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Well played Raiders!!!

lol

Hahaha right?!? And now Chestio has asked to be released. What a **** show!!!!!

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 11:05 AM
He doesn’t want to play. That’s the only logical conclusion.

Eich
09-07-2019, 11:08 AM
I have this weird feeling that he has a behind-the-scenes deal with a super bowl contender.

he and his a-hole agent plotting another way out of a contract.

SteelBucks
09-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Adam Schefter

LOL. Brown now has to act like a responsible human being to get paid and he’s like eff that. There is something seriously off with him. Like medically wrong.

Oh well...Beat the Pats!

Disco1981
09-07-2019, 11:18 AM
I have this weird feeling that he has a behind-the-scenes deal with a super bowl contender.

he and his a-hole agent plotting another way out of a contract.

I thought that too but...After all that **** that has transpired literally from the day he has gotten there...Do you honestly think any team you give him as much guaranteed money as the Raiders did

flippy
09-07-2019, 11:27 AM

He wants to get paid. The Raiders have fined him $250k+. He got 0 signing bonus. And now they voided the guaranteed money on his contract. So of course he wants out now.

He probably wants more money that Julio is getting now.

I hope the Raiders figure out how to hold on to his rights and not pay him for the rest of the season.

flippy
09-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Wonder how many Raider fans bought an AB jersey that they will never wear?

Eich
09-07-2019, 11:28 AM
I thought that too but...After all that **** that has transpired literally from the day he has gotten there...Do you honestly think any team you give him as much guaranteed money as the Raiders did

Yes, if there are behavior-related clauses to protect you.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 11:32 AM
It was reported by Shefter on ESPN just now the Raiders sent AB a second letter last night stating he would not receive any termination pay, if let go by the team like all other players do.

Im assuming it must be like unemployment pay??

I believe if a player gets cut during the season, they could opt to receive that year’s full salary as termination pay, but that can only happen once during your complete NFL career. However, you have to actually have played in one game that season to be eligible. If he’s suspended this Monday night, he would not be eligible to collect this year’s salary as termination pay. Boo hoo.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 11:38 AM
So he secretly taped his conversation with Gruden; what a shock. This guy clearly needs a psychological evaluation. And a drug test along with testing for CTE.

As far as I know, the only way to diagnose CTE is via autopsy. Researchers are trying to find out a test for living patients, but I do not believe we are there just yet.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 11:40 AM

In this case, “logical” left the building MONTHS ago.

Iron City Inc.
09-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Just got news he got released. I have not commented on this prior but I don't believe AB the person is going to be OK. Sad sad situation. He's got to get some help.

SteelBucks
09-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Just got news he got released. I have not commented on this prior but I don't believe AB the person is going to be OK. Sad sad situation. He's got to get some help.

Yep. Released.

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 12:04 PM

He needs supervision.

Also wonder if his feet are still bothering him.

Steelwolf
09-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Would new England give him a look...sure hope not

Oviedo
09-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Waiting to read how this is Tomlin or Ben's fault

Like I said before...Tomlin managed this nut job for years and got unprecedented performance for the team. The Raiders and the great Gruden couldnt get through camp to the first game

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Hopefully this idiot ends up in the XFL

Starlifter
09-07-2019, 12:14 PM

At this point you have to wonder if there is something deep and serious going on. I wouldn’t have the first clue how to diagnose mental illness, but I know it’s real. Maybe he is just a low character diva. Maybe he needs professional help. I have no idea.

But as much as I’ve enjoyed the show this summer, I have no desire to laugh at someone’s pain - if that’s what it is.

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 12:15 PM
He can sign with another team at 4:10PM today and play next week.

I wonder if another team picks him up.

spyboots
09-07-2019, 12:15 PM
It's rumored that he's been following the Texans on Instagram and supposedly they are interested. :rolleyes:

SteelBucks
09-07-2019, 12:16 PM

Believe it or not, I think they would.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 12:43 PM

I would welcome him signing with a rival in a heartbeat. The negatives FAR outweigh the positives at this point. If I was an NFL GM, I wouldn’t go near him with a 10 foot pole at this point, even for a vet minimum deal with no guaranteed money. Introducing that cancer into your locker room just would erode your team chemistry from within. Feel free to sign him New England or Baltimore or Cleveland or Cincinnati...at your own peril.

raycafan
09-07-2019, 12:49 PM
I think he believes in his head he is going to break the owners and no longer let them “own” the players. But he is not even a spoke on a wheel of the great beast. The only person he is going to bring down is himself.

Oviedo
09-07-2019, 01:03 PM
He would absolutely sign with the Patriots or Ravens because in his mind he would be achieving revenge on the Steelers

I think the Patriots will definitely try to sign him

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 01:16 PM
He would absolutely sign with the Patriots or Ravens because in his mind he would be achieving revenge on the Steelers

Revenge on the Steelers for trading him after he requested a trade? That only makes sense in an AB sort of way.

If he signs in Baltimore, he could kill two rat-birds with one stone by ruining his cousin Marquis as well.

Northern_Blitz
09-07-2019, 03:37 PM

Really?

I think there's no way AB could survive the "Patriot Way"

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 03:40 PM

i don't think so.

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 03:41 PM

I don't. I think hoody is fine with Gordon and Thomas in the fold.

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 03:43 PM
I think his asking price will be too high plus no one wants the drama. He can forget about ever eclipsing Jerry Rice.

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 03:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED4XamrWkAA0ywh?format=jpg&name=small

winwithd
09-07-2019, 03:55 PM

I could see the Browns adding Brown.

Starlifter
09-07-2019, 04:06 PM

I can’t see AB sharing touches and press with OBJ. He’s clearly not about the team.

Northern_Blitz
09-07-2019, 04:28 PM

Then AB would be like our Trojan Horse, destroying the foe from the inside.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 04:51 PM
I can’t see AB sharing touches and press with OBJ. He’s clearly not about the team.

You know what this grease fire needs? How about some gasoline? :lol:

Starlifter
09-07-2019, 04:58 PM
You know what this grease fire needs? How about some gasoline? :lol:

It would be wicker man epic!!!

fordfixer
09-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Adam Schefter
4 mins ·
Antonio Brown and the Patriots reached agreement on a 1-year deal worth up $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, per source.

Eich
09-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Un. F’n believable. Yet I knew it

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 05:13 PM
I hope he breaks his leg

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Oh my damn. I swear this dude planned this with the Cheat.

He’s like a crazy cat. No matter what he always lands on his feet.

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 05:19 PM
I wish he was playing tomorrow night.

Eich
09-07-2019, 05:19 PM

I’m certain he and his agent had an agreement with the cheaters before his final screaming match with Mayock.

This is should be investigated.

flippy
09-07-2019, 05:20 PM

The best part is you know he's gonna go sue the Raiders for $30m and try to get $45m this year and be the league's highest paid player.

Steelgal
09-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Hope the NFL looks into this for collusion. There’s NO way this happened in this short amount of time.

Eich
09-07-2019, 05:21 PM
I hope defenses target him for being such an unprofessional

and screw the cheaters. I wish them all the ill will in the universe.

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Adam Schefter
Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Patriots’ three WR set: Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eser p%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

flippy
09-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Is there a risk the NFL suspends him?

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Pretty ****ing odd that he conviently ends up on the Pats, in a matter of a few hours. Same way Blount did. Gruden and Mayock need to file some kind of investigation into this whole thing

NorthCoast
09-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Is there a risk the NFL suspends him?

Was wondering the same thing. Has completely disrespected teams, the league, and organizations.

Oh wow
09-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Why is anyone surprised. As crazy as AB acts you knew teams were waiting for 4PM to sign him.

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 05:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HNFRdn5.jpg

Eich
09-07-2019, 05:30 PM
AB wrote the blueprint on how a top player can get out of a contract. Post $hiit on social media and threaten the GM. No repercussions.

Eich
09-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Why is anyone surprised. As crazy as AB acts you knew teams were waiting for 4PM to sign him.

It’s much more than that. He had knowledge of what the cheaters would offer before he went off on Mayock.

I would LOVE if someone exposed the cheaters for doing this. Someone on the inside would have to blow the whistle.

AzStillers1989
09-07-2019, 05:47 PM
I wish he was playing tomorrow night.
Me too....

Oviedo
09-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Called it!

Anyone who thinks this hasn't been orchestrated is a fool. If the league doesn't do something they will have opened a Pandora's Box they will never close

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Called it!

Anyone who thinks this hasn't been orchestrated is a fool. If the league doesn't do something they will have opened a Pandora's Box they will never close

Yeah...Drew Rosenhaus and the Patriots?? Equals a room full of shady, cheating bastards. I have no doubt that Rosenhaus was working this from the back stage. But we can't prove it.

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Derek Carr's brother takes swipe at Antonio Brown with Trojan Horse tweet

Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Jesse Reed | Last updated 9/7/19

Wide receiver Antonio Brown forced his way out of Oakland, and within hours of his release was signed by the New England Patriots.

When news of that hit social media , David Carr, brother of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, had something to say about it all.

Tweeting a single image of the infamous Trojan Horse, Carr left no doubt about his feelings.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED5ATRoU8AAJWNK?format=jpg&name=small

Whether Carr is referring to a modern Trojan Horse, which represents a computer virus, or the one in Homer’s Odyssey, which led to the fall of the impregnable city of Troy, it’s clear he sees Brown in a negative light.

For what it’s worth, Derek Carr expressed a sense of “relief” when Brown was ultimately released by Oakland. So it’s not hard to understand why David Carr would feel the way he does.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/derek_carrs_brother_takes_swipe_at_antonio_brown_w ith_trojan_horse_tweet/s1_12680_29936441

SteelBucks
09-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Called it!

You won’t hear a peep from the league.

Northern_Blitz
09-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Really?

I think there's no way AB could survive the "Patriot Way"

Swing....and a miss.

I really didn't think they'd go for Brown.

We'll see if he can buy into the Pats culture (for a season anyway).

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 07:15 PM
what's the over/under on how many times AB's name will be mentioned during tomorrow's game?

Steel Maniac
09-07-2019, 07:26 PM

hawaiiansteel
09-07-2019, 07:30 PM

I think that will only cover pre-game...

Terrapin
09-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Wonder if he'll be on the sideline? Maybe Heyward or Watt can 'accidentally' bump into him, blowing his knee out

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Swing....and a miss.

I really didn't think they'd go for Brown.

We'll see if he can buy into the Pats culture (for a season anyway).

I still think there's no way whatsoever AB will ever be able to survive the "Patriot Way."

I see only one way this ends in NE...badly.

Granted, he will have his moments of success up there where it will appear to the outside world that they might just be unstoppable.

But it will not last. When the chips are down, you simply cannot count on this guy.

I honestly think Belichick royally screwed himself today. Dude is an all time great coach, but you cannot convert an irrational person using logic and reason.

When AB fails...and he will inevitably fail...it will go down in flames...and hopefully implode that whole damn team down with him.