PDA

View Full Version : Does Our Offense Need to Help Our Defense?

flippy
08-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Do we go back to a more balanced offense this year and focus on running the ball more consistently?

I think a lot of positives for the team can come out of how we run our offense. Less throws = Less INTs. Less TOs = More TOP and keeping the D on the sideline.

I'm not asking for turtle ball to start every game. I do want to see us stay consistently aggressive on O. And I think it's important for our D to play with a lead so we can pin our ears back and have time to get to the QB and create our own TOs.

Guess all I'm saying is this is a team game. And D performance has a lot to do with the way a team plays on O. Control the clock. Don't turn the ball over. And put up points to force the opponent to play a 1 dimensional game.

Seems like common sense, but I'm going into this season knowing our D can be as good as our O enables them to be. Because no matter how you slice up our D players, I don't feel like we have a game changer on that side of the ball. We've got some good players. Some good athletes. But do we have anyone in our front 7 that demands a double team? We're more of a no name D with 11 guys that have to play together and scheme to be successful. Our O needs to protect this unit if we want a chance in the playoffs.

RobinCole
08-11-2019, 10:08 AM
The answer to your question is “yes, absolutely”.

SidSmythe
08-11-2019, 10:52 AM
The BEST way for the OFFENSE to help the DEFENSE is to NOT Turn the Ball Over!!

When you turn the ball over the Defense is put on it's heels - usually in bad field position.