PDA

View Full Version : KeKe Coutee

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Blew his knee out for the Texans...If we could get a 3rd round draft pick for Washington, Would you trade him? Would give us 3 3rds next year...

WR's...
JuJu
Moncrief
Johnson
Switzer
Jones/ Horton

Still looks good to me... Thoughts?

STH70
08-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Not sure we could get a 3rd, Washington has yet to prove anything.
If it happens I would probably keep Diontae Spencer over Jones/Horton.
We should get a long look at all 3 in tonight's 1st preseason game.

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Also think this is the year we could make some trades, not saying we have the greatest team ever assembled...But we have great depth at OL and WR...

Hawkins,Banner both playing well...plus WR surplus...Get something for them if possible...

Or maybe a good ole fashioned straight up trade....Say like Washington for a good young safety or OLB

Rara
08-09-2019, 09:22 AM
I'd say keep him. No need to rush trading a player off due to an injury. Can't ever have enough receivers...we've witnessed that with the Steelers

STH70
08-09-2019, 09:49 AM
I agree a trade could be possible, especially an OL with the depth we have there.
We may have to cut an OL that could be a possible starter for another team.

Oh wow
08-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Makes no sense to trade a player we haven’t seen reach his full potential.

Unless Washington is garbage or a cancer this preseason why would we trade him?

and who would give a 3rd for him?

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 09:51 AM
I'd say keep him. No need to rush trading a player off due to an injury. Can't ever have enough receivers...we've witnessed that with the Steelers

I know but ( hate to bring up Cheats )But they're always doing these trades, usually early in preseason...And getting 12 draft picks every year, which then then bunch to move up... It's always a gamble...But I think it's also a gamble to lose talented players that are going to get scooped up for nothing

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Makes no sense to trade a player we haven’t seen reach his full potential.

Unless Washington is garbage or a cancer this preseason why would we trade him?

and who would give a 3rd for him?

I bring up Washington, 3rd might be to high, or 4th...Jones or Horton could fetch us a late rounder, If a team gets decimated with injuries

Steel Maniac
08-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Blew his knee out for the Texans...If we could get a 3rd round draft pick for Washington, Would you trade him? Would give us 3 3rds next year...

WR's...
JuJu
Moncrief
Johnson
Switzer
Jones/ Horton

Still looks good to me... Thoughts?

I like what your thinking; why not? Why not add an additional draft pick next year when we are going to need to start looking at adding at DE and maybe the OL too. Why all the sacredness of some people to do something like this? Stockpiling picks is how you stay competitive as long as you have a decent GM ..which we do.

Steel Maniac
08-09-2019, 10:19 AM
I know but ( hate to bring up Cheats )But they're always doing these trades, usually early in preseason...And getting 12 draft picks every year, which then then bunch to move up... It's always a gamble...But I think it's also a gamble to lose talented players that are going to get scooped up for nothing

Exactly!!!! This is how the cheaters stay competitive. getting so many picks that it doesn't hurt as much when someone doesn't pan out for them because of the number of picks the accumulate.

SidSmythe
08-09-2019, 10:21 AM
So you'd trade away a 2nd round pick with a ton of potential for a 3rd round pick at a position with only 1 guy who's outside of his rookie contract???

Steel Maniac
08-09-2019, 10:31 AM
So you'd trade away a 2nd round pick with a ton of potential for a 3rd round pick at a position with only 1 guy who's outside of his rookie contract???

I don't know if you've seen the recent reports but Washington is getting beat out by Johnson. And we have a gluttony of WR's so why not recoup a nice draft pick at this point? Our third round pick of this draft is beating our second round pick of last years draft out..it happens. Moving Washington means more reps and quicker development of Johnson throughout the season. And being frozen from movement because of thinking of doom & gloom of injury situations for our WR corps is exactly why the Pats stay ahead of everyone.

We have a deep surplus at WR; we find them pretty easily; so while Washington still has value, we should move him to the Texans as long as we can get a 2nd or 3rd out the deal.

Steel Maniac
08-09-2019, 10:34 AM
And the Eagles need a back up QB now..Sudfeld broke his wrist. Is Dobbs available?

Eddie Spaghetti
08-09-2019, 10:43 AM
let's see how Washington looks before we cast him off

trade talk seems pretty silly before we have seen what he looks like in the preseason

and I haven't heard all these reports that he is being beat out by Johnson. most of what I have read, he seems to be having a solid if unspectacular camp

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Would give us 3 3rds next year

No, it wouldn't.

We already traded away our 2020 third round pick in the package to move up to get Devin Bush at #10 this year.

Plus, we may or may not get a third round comp pick for losing Le'Veon Bell...that has still yet to be determined.

Tevin Jones is essentially just a practice squad quality guy and Johnny Holton would be a DHB-like special teamer more than a contributing WR.

If CFL import Diontae Spencer is proves himself worthy of a roster spot though, I'd rather move Eli Rogers for a depth safety, TE, or late round pick than trading Washington at this point, even for a 3rd rounder.

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2019, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard all these reports that he is being beat out by Johnson

In other threads, Maniac has posted links to that effect from Rotoworld, which is a site that provides fantasy football advice.

Luckily, Colbert doesn't take personnel suggestions from nerds preparing for their fantasy drafts.

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Yes... I'm sure, well I know that Colbert is a lot smarter than me...Not set in stone, just bringing up hypotheticals...sometimes it takes a perfect storm ex:

Pitt: All the young receivers are looking great in camp, Davis injury lingers...With imo, not great depth behind him...

Trading team: A good team, who has a good, young, number 3 Safety but has a couple bad injuries at WR, but still with a good QB and squad

Trade

Northern_Blitz
08-09-2019, 11:03 AM
I like what your thinking; why not? Why not add an additional draft pick next year when we are going to need to start looking at adding at DE and maybe the OL too. Why all the sacredness of some people to do something like this? Stockpiling picks is how you stay competitive as long as you have a decent GM ..which we do.

I like the idea of stockpiling picks.

But I think the way the Pats do it is by trading away guys who are about to get paid and have a track record of success. That means that they (i) don't have to get the big jump in salary on the cap, and (ii) get more lottery tickets to replace guys on the cheap.

I don't remember them every trading a 2nd round pick a year after they guy was drafted. I think that's a recipe for getting burned.

Even though our WRs look somewhat deep, we really have JuJu (very good), Montcrief (about average), and a bunch of question marks (Washington, Johnson, ect) or guys who are useful in a pinch but are probably below average (Switzer, Eli, etc). I think there's lots of potential in this group. I think that some of them will pan out. But, I don't think we can really know before hand who is going to succeed. So, I don't want to trade any of the upper tier guys.

FWIW, I think that's the same thing with Dobbs / Rudolph. I don't think either will be a high level QB, but I don't want to trade one away and have it blow up in our faces.

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Blew his knee out for the Texans

Keke Coutee has minor ankle injury

Posted by Charean Williams on August 9, 2019, 12:07 AM EDT

Fortunately for the Texans, receiver Keke Coutee‘s injury looked worse than it was.

Coutee landed awkwardly on a 9-yard catch from quarterback Joe Webb with 13:35 remaining in the second quarter. He was slow to get up and helped off the field by the team’s athletic trainers before eventually being carted into the locker room for further evaluation.

Coutee has a minor ankle injury, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Coutee tweeted and then deleted, “Y’all can say what y’all want to behind this screen, but y’all never spent a day in my shoes. Minor setback, nothing major!!!”

He played only six games last season because of hamstring issues and made 28 catches for 287 yards and a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/keke-coutee-has-minor-ankle-injury/

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Keke Coutee has minor ankle injury

Posted by Charean Williams on August 9, 2019, 12:07 AM EDT

Fortunately for the Texans, receiver Keke Coutee‘s injury looked worse than it was.

Coutee landed awkwardly on a 9-yard catch from quarterback Joe Webb with 13:35 remaining in the second quarter. He was slow to get up and helped off the field by the team’s athletic trainers before eventually being carted into the locker room for further evaluation.

Coutee has a minor ankle injury, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Coutee tweeted and then deleted, “Y’all can say what y’all want to behind this screen, but y’all never spent a day in my shoes. Minor setback, nothing major!!!”

He played only six games last season because of hamstring issues and made 28 catches for 287 yards and a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/keke-coutee-has-minor-ankle-injury/

Thanks Ruth for clarifying...Thought we JUST use our 1st and 3rd this year for Bush also...NFL posted the Coutee video last night and just ASSUMED he was done, just by the gruesome look of the injury...

You set me straight more than my old lady...Not sure I like that
:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Thanks Ruth for clarifying...Thought we JUST use our 1st and 3rd this year for Bush also...NFL posted the Coutee video last night and just ASSUMED he was done, just by the gruesome look of the injury...

You set me straight more than my old lady...Not sure I like that
:tt2

I'm obviously singling you out and picking on you mercilessly.

You might want to consider putting me on ignore now. :lol:

:tt2:tt1

Oh wow
08-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Looking good in camp vs our defense doesn’t always tell the full story.

Let’s see how this WR group looks against some legit competition before acting like we have depth at WR.

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Looking good in camp vs our defense doesn’t always tell the full story.

Let’s see how this WR group looks against some legit competition before acting like we have depth at WR.

You might wanna ignore this guy too. ;)

:tt2 :tt1

fordfixer
08-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Exactly!!!! This is how the cheaters stay competitive. getting so many picks that it doesn't hurt as much when someone doesn't pan out for them because of the number of picks the accumulate.
Ummm they also cheat, but too each their own.

STH70
08-09-2019, 12:18 PM
JuJu
Moncrief
Washington
Switzer
Rogers
Johnson

After our top 6 WRs we have 5 Undrafted FA WRs, none are rookies.
Only 1 has played in NFL regular season games, Holton (2016, STs, 2 career catches)
Spencer played in the CFL after being cut from the Bears and Rams in 2014.
None has ever stuck on any team’s 53 man roster for an entire season.

I would hardly call that a deep surplus of GOOD WRs.
Not the time to trade one of the top 6, plus injuries can happen in preseason.
One of the others would have to step up big time in preseason to consider trading one of our top 6.

Disco1981
08-09-2019, 12:20 PM
You might wanna ignore this guy too. ;)

:tt2 :tt1

I'll hang in there...For now!

papillon
08-09-2019, 12:24 PM

The Patriots haven't had to replace Tom Brady yet. Let's see how brilliant they look trading known commodities away once they're looking for a quarterback. You get away with a lot more when you have the GOAT at the quarterback position on your team and he's still playing at that level in his 40s. It will be interesting to see what happens when they're playing with an average QB or if they will try and move up in a draft to grab their next quarterback.

Pappy

NorthCoast
08-09-2019, 12:47 PM
The Patriots haven't had to replace Tom Brady yet. Let's see how brilliant they look trading known commodities away once they're looking for a quarterback. You get away with a lot more when you have the GOAT at the quarterback position on your team and he's still playing at that level in his 40s. It will be interesting to see what happens when they're playing with an average QB or if they will try and move up in a draft to grab their next quarterback.

Pappy

Rumor out of NE is their backup QB is turning heads.

Iron City Inc.
08-09-2019, 02:02 PM
I bring up Washington, 3rd might be to high, or 4th...Jones or Horton could fetch us a late rounder, If a team gets decimated with injuries

Slow it all down just a bit. Coutee is a slot guy and we have a few slot guys Switzer, Rogers n Spencer. Washington up to this point is our Z n the Rook is behind him n with Moncrief behind a bit with his finger injury he is our much needed vet and part of the top 4 as far as our receivers. Jones n Holton not Horton are just getting some extra reps in the last few days of camp. Can someone be interested in guys that they are not sure can perform because they lack reps? We're not getting a pick for them.

Raining on the parade some but there is a silver lining. Should a Spencer ball in a few games he could make a case for a roster spot n then we MAY have a 3 for 2 type situation on our hands. What would a Rogers or Switzer return? A late selection is not out of the question.

So it's a long shot but possible. Lets hope we ball out n that type of numbers issue will present itself n I trust a Colbert move if n when the time is right could take place.

STH70
08-09-2019, 02:23 PM
So it's a long shot but possible. Lets hope we ball out n that type of numbers issue will present itself n I trust a Colbert move if n when the time is right could take place.
I agree 100%
If a team wants 1 or our WRs, they'll just wait for the final cut.
I also think our OL is deeper with better players. Much better chance for a trade there.

SidSmythe
08-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Probably a good idea to delete this thread right now.

Oh wow
08-09-2019, 08:34 PM

Lmao. Everyone wants to be a GM as soon as a player gets hurt.

RobinCole
08-10-2019, 07:46 AM
IMO, Washington looked FABULOUS last night. Forget about trading him unless somebody makes an offer we can’t refuse. A third wouldn’t do it. Not even close.

Ernie
08-10-2019, 01:32 PM
RobinCole $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't trade our #2 receiver for a 3rd either.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Aside from the fact that Washington showed very nicely in a pre-season game, but isn't one year a little soon to give up on a player who they drafted in the second round? Especially considering that the Steelers are recognized as having a supreme eye for WR talent?

Ernie
08-11-2019, 05:35 AM
Aside from the fact that Washington showed very nicely in a pre-season game, but isn't one year a little soon to give up on a player who they drafted in the second round? Especially considering that the Steelers are recognized as having a supreme eye for WR talent?

Absolutely right. AB and Juju took up so many of the targets last year... with AB gone, lets see what Washington can do.. He looks a few steps quicker and a heck of a lot more confident! This will be his breakout year for sure.

Mr.wizard
08-11-2019, 08:43 AM
I agree 100%
If a team wants 1 or our WRs, they'll just wait for the final cut.
I also think our OL is deeper with better players. Much better chance for a trade there.

Exactly, Houston is not going to give up a 3rd round pick to replace Coutee, especially when a bunch of receivers are going to be available real soon.

Steel Maniac
08-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Slow it all down just a bit. Coutee is a slot guy and we have a few slot guys Switzer, Rogers n Spencer. Washington up to this point is our Z n the Rook is behind him n with Moncrief behind a bit with his finger injury he is our much needed vet and part of the top 4 as far as our receivers. Jones n Holton not Horton are just getting some extra reps in the last few days of camp. Can someone be interested in guys that they are not sure can perform because they lack reps? We're not getting a pick for them.

Raining on the parade some but there is a silver lining. Should a Spencer ball in a few games he could make a case for a roster spot n then we MAY have a 3 for 2 type situation on our hands. What would a Rogers or Switzer return? A late selection is not out of the question.

Washington balled out against the bucs. No doubt. But the premise of trading one of 2nd or 3rd string WR's for picks is a solid point. There are definitely some decisions in pecking order that have to be made first but the premise of this thread (doesn't have to necessarily be Washington; it could be Rogers or Switzer) is valid.

Mr.wizard
08-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Washington balled out against the bucs. No doubt. But the premise of trading one of 2nd or 3rd string WR's for picks is a solid point. There are definitely some decisions in pecking order that have to be made first but the premise of this thread (doesn't have to necessarily be Washington; it could be Rogers or Switzer) is valid.

You are not going to get a pick for Switzer or Rodgers, they simply aren't productive enough. There will be a number of guys just like Switzer and Rodgers looking for a job at the end of the preseason that teams can just pick up without having to give up anything.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-11-2019, 12:07 PM
You are not going to get a pick for Switzer or Rodgers, they simply aren't productive enough. There will be a number of guys just like Switzer and Rodgers looking for a job at the end of the preseason that teams can just pick up without having to give up anything.

For a Switzer or Rogers you'll likely receive what the Steelers gave up for Switzer last year - a 6th or 7th tops.

Disco1981
08-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Go ahead...Was just trying to start a discussion, You're quick to jump on someone and say " I told you so"after the 1st preseason game...I believe he was our best WR in preseason last year too... It's not hard to get ridiculed when you just comment on others posts...I just hope someday to be as smart and great as you Sid...

I look forward to your bashing of my next post

phillyesq
08-12-2019, 10:41 AM
The Steelers do seem to have depth at WR, but I wouldn't trade Washington. I would have said the same thing before Friday, too. Having options between Moncrief, Washington and Johnson isn't a bad thing. You could use a big set with Moncrief, Washington and JuJu, or a smaller group with Johnson or Switzer/Eli mixed in as the third WR.

If the Steelers trade a WR, I'd trade Eli. He is a very good route runner, and if he could bring back a 6th from a team in need at the position, I'd make the move.

Oh wow
08-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Go ahead...Was just trying to start a discussion, You're quick to jump on someone and say " I told you so"after the 1st preseason game...I believe he was our best WR in preseason last year too... It's not hard to get ridiculed when you just comment on others posts...I just hope someday to be as smart and great as you Sid...

I look forward to your bashing of my next post

He was just poking fun at a terrible idea.