PDA

View Full Version : Karl joseph

JIMBO
05-23-2019, 11:27 AM
I see that the Raiders didn't pick up his 5th year option. Is he a strong or a free and is he available since their first rounder was a safety?? He looked pretty good at WVU.

RuthlessBurgher
05-23-2019, 12:16 PM
Joseph is listed as a SS for the Raiders.

They signed veteran free agent safety LaMarcus Joyner to a 4 year, $42M contract ($21.3M guaranteed) this offseason to play FS.

Then they used a first round pick on Mississippi State's Johnathan Abram, who likely would then slot in at SS next to Joyner.

I suggested earlier this offseason a straight-up Artie Burns for Karl Joseph trade when neither player's 5th year option was picked up. They could both use a change of scenery at this point, and Oakland tends to love taking chances of highly drafted players with elite athletic traits like Artie (Al Davis always swooned over the track stars), plus we did not draft a safety and Joseph once played in our backyard in Morgantown.

Seems like it could be a win-win for both squads, and we are certainly not shy about trading with this particular team after 3 separate deals within the last year involving Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Ryan Switzer.

Ernie
05-23-2019, 09:56 PM
Joseph is a player. Id make that trade in a heartbeat

hawaiiansteel
05-23-2019, 10:48 PM
Joseph is a player. Id make that trade in a heartbeat

he'll be a FA next year, I would love to see us pursue him then.

Steel Maniac
05-24-2019, 10:22 AM
I see that the Raiders didn't pick up his 5th year option. Is he a strong or a free and is he available since their first rounder was a safety?? He looked pretty good at WVU.

He's a strong; he'd work well in the box.