PDA

View Full Version : 2019 - Steelers Best Value Pick in Draft?

flippy
05-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Get your predictions in. Which pick was the best value in this year's draft?

On the one hand, I can see an argument for Bush who is arguably one of the best players in the entire draft and could turn our whole D around. But we had to give up 1.5 players to get this one. Maybe he has to be a perennial All Pro to live up to the best value moniker.

On the other hand, I can see a case for Justin Layne. Freakish combo of size and athleticism for his position. He's either going to make it big or be a complete bust. This is a type of pick I really like in the 3rd round. We coulda played it safe and went for a quality player, but I think the Steelers swung for the fences here and I could see Justin being more important to us in the long run than Bush if he plays to his full potential. But he's a work in progress and this is a really hard call.

Finally, the guy I'm going to make the case for is Sutton Smith. And I think there's a little karma at play here. He's not directly linked to picks we received in the AB trade, however, I think it's fitting that we're going to find gold again in the 6th round where we picked arguably one of the best college football players in the draft. Another MAC player home run in the 6th round. The last small school player I remember watching leading up to the draft that got me excited like this kid was Hargrave a few years back. Sure, he plays against subpar competition, but Sutton is dominant at the point of attack. And you can watch him taking on guys that are 100 lbs heavier with what looks like ease. He's lightning quick, strong, and just has this knack for the game that few others do. The only big question I had is because of his size and competition, is he going to be over matched, but then this is a case where combine numbers give me confidence. Specifically his 3 cone which is better than an DE/OLB and his bench press which is near the top. He's fast and strong. By comparison, he did one fewer rep than Derwin Gray who's a T that would be the sized player he's going up against and Derwin's got him by 100 lbs easy. Sutton will probably run into a lot of TEs and he more than doubled the reps of Gentry. When I watch Smith, he jumps off the tv much like Bush. Those 2 are about the same size and have nearly identical athleticism. Bush is .2 faster in the 40, but Smith can just bench more reps and is just a tad quicker with his first step or change of direction. And Smith looks like he works at it because he always makes the right first step and his timing is impeccable. When both of these guys are such nearly identical athletes and there performances are off the charts when they're on the field, how does one go top 10 and the other just makes it into the 6th round? I don't really understand why players get picked where they do all the time, but that's why I'm thinking this is a value pick and Sutton has just as much chance to be an All Pro as Bush. But Sutton will have to seize every opportunity he gets because he won't be given the same opportunity being a 6th round pick. But I have no doubt the kid will put in the work to make it happen.

phillyesq
05-14-2019, 11:24 AM
He may not make it out of camp, but if Buggs makes the team, he could be a solid rotational player on the defensive line with a bit of pass rush ability and an upgrade over Walton. For a 6th round pick, that's a solid value.

hawaiiansteel
05-14-2019, 04:01 PM
He may not make it out of camp, but if Buggs makes the team, he could be a solid rotational player on the defensive line with a bit of pass rush ability and an upgrade over Walton. For a 6th round pick, that's a solid value.

I agree, I never thought Buggs would make it to us in the 6th round.

pittpete
05-14-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm going to go with Justin Layne as my pick....

Buzz
05-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Layne is who I would pick, at this point.

hawaiiansteel
05-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Benny Snell thinks it will be Benny Snell playing Benny Snell football...

flippy
05-14-2019, 06:55 PM

LOL. I can’t figure out yet if he’s funny or annoying.

passhappy
05-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Sutton Smith, even though he's a little lite, I like his game

Ernie
05-15-2019, 05:51 AM
Smith has a chance to turn some heads if they move him around some. He won't stick as an EDGE rusher. 230lb EDGE guys do not exist in the league... however... 230 lb lightening fast/quick ILBs do.

Northern_Blitz
05-15-2019, 07:15 AM

It will probably depend on whether or not he's good.

Northern_Blitz
05-15-2019, 07:16 AM

I think this would be my guess too.

It would be best for the team if it turns out to be true

Steel Maniac
05-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Layne easily.

Captain Lemming
05-15-2019, 10:54 AM

After all these years Flippy, it's a question I STILL have about you, :wink:

Captain Lemming
05-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Layne easily.

I think this would be my guess too.

It would be best for the team if it turns out to be true

Truth here. I WANT it to be Layne.

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2019, 10:57 AM

RuthlessBurgher guesses that this would be Chadman's choice as well. ;)

flippy
05-15-2019, 11:55 AM
After all these years Flippy, it's a question I STILL have about you, :wink:

It's a message board. And we all have strong opinions about things we know very little about. Of course we're all annoying.

And funny.

So a little of both.

Guess it all comes down to if we take ourselves seriously or not. ;)

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2019, 12:06 PM
Guess it all comes down to if we take ourselves seriously or not. ;)

Flippy's sig pic asks, "Why so serious?" ;)

Oh wow
05-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Benny Snail

hawaiiansteel
05-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Benny Snail

he runs at a Snell's pace...

RuthlessBurgher
05-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Finally, the guy I'm going to make the case for is Sutton Smith. And I think there's a little karma at play here. He's not directly linked to picks we received in the AB trade, however, I think it's fitting that we're going to find gold again in the 6th round where we picked arguably one of the best college football players in the draft. Another MAC player home run in the 6th round. The last small school player I remember watching leading up to the draft that got me excited like this kid was Hargrave a few years back. Sure, he plays against subpar competition, but Sutton is dominant at the point of attack. And you can watch him taking on guys that are 100 lbs heavier with what looks like ease. He's lightning quick, strong, and just has this knack for the game that few others do. The only big question I had is because of his size and competition, is he going to be over matched, but then this is a case where combine numbers give me confidence. Specifically his 3 cone which is better than an DE/OLB and his bench press which is near the top. He's fast and strong. By comparison, he did one fewer rep than Derwin Gray who's a T that would be the sized player he's going up against and Derwin's got him by 100 lbs easy. Sutton will probably run into a lot of TEs and he more than doubled the reps of Gentry. When I watch Smith, he jumps off the tv much like Bush. Those 2 are about the same size and have nearly identical athleticism. Bush is .2 faster in the 40, but Smith can just bench more reps and is just a tad quicker with his first step or change of direction. And Smith looks like he works at it because he always makes the right first step and his timing is impeccable. When both of these guys are such nearly identical athletes and there performances are off the charts when they're on the field, how does one go top 10 and the other just makes it into the 6th round? I don't really understand why players get picked where they do all the time, but that's why I'm thinking this is a value pick and Sutton has just as much chance to be an All Pro as Bush. But Sutton will have to seize every opportunity he gets because he won't be given the same opportunity being a 6th round pick. But I have no doubt the kid will put in the work to make it happen.

Sutton Smith is indeed intriguing.

Folks talk about how undersized he is to be an edge rusher at the next level, and that is probably true. If the team tried to keep him there, he might only ever be a situational edge rusher on defense (in addition to being a potential special teams dynamo).

However, I would probably put him behind Mark Barron and ask him to learn from that guy. Barron made the position switch from college safety to pro LB, and although Smith's conversion from college DE to pro LB is different, I'm sure that Barron would be able to relate to the kid.

At 6'0" 233 lbs., Sutton Smith is essentially the same size as Devin Bush (he's listed as 1 inch taller and 1 pound lighter, actually). Bush had a very good 3 cone time of 6.93, but Sutton Smith's 3 cone time of 6.75 is other worldly (there were only 5 guys better than him at the combine...3 of them were corners, 1 was a safety, and the other was a dual-threat QB. The purpose of the 3 cone drill is to evaluate the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement of players. A guy who can change direction that well, and was as productive as he was in college the last 2 years regardless of the level of competition (29.5 tackles for loss and 14 sacks in 2017, then 26.5 tackles for loss and 15 sacks in 2018) has a real chance to stick on a pro roster somewhere.

While Devin Bush will be our every down ILB likely from day 1, I could see Sutton Smith being a ST demon as a rookie, and perhaps by year 3 or so (once Mark Barron has moved on), he could potentially take over on defense as a nickel/dime backer with the ability to blitz and make plays out there in space.

flippy
05-22-2019, 12:59 PM

Folks talk about how undersized he is to be an edge rusher at the next level, and that is probably true. If the team tried to keep him there, he might only ever be a situational edge rusher on defense (in addition to being a potential special teams dynamo).

However, I would probably put him behind Mark Barron and ask him to learn from that guy. Barron made the position switch from college safety to pro LB, and although Smith's conversion from college DE to pro LB is different, I'm sure that Barron would be able to relate to the kid.

At 6'0" 233 lbs., Sutton Smith is essentially the same size as Devin Bush (he's listed as 1 inch taller and 1 pound lighter, actually). Bush had a very good 3 cone time of 6.93, but Sutton Smith's 3 cone time of 6.75 is other worldly (there were only 5 guys better than him at the combine...3 of them were corners, 1 was a safety, and the other was a dual-threat QB. The purpose of the 3 cone drill is to evaluate the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement of players. A guy who can change direction that well, and was as productive as he was in college the last 2 years regardless of the level of competition (29.5 tackles for loss and 14 sacks in 2017, then 26.5 tackles for loss and 15 sacks in 2018) has a real chance to stick on a pro roster somewhere.

While Devin Bush will be our every down ILB likely from day 1, I could see Sutton Smith being a ST demon as a rookie, and perhaps by year 3 or so (once Mark Barron has moved on), he could potentially take over on defense as a nickel/dime backer with the ability to blitz and make plays out there in space.

I'm not giving up on Sutton as an OLB. Besides, in 3 years, we'll surely have Bush and Shazier manning the middle of the field.

Harrison and Dumerville were around the same height as Sutton but maybe 20 lbs heavier. Not sure how much weight Sutton's frame can carry, and he's already strong, but maybe he gets half way there and he's other world quick compared to those 2.

Another guy that you might be able to compare Sutton to is Robert Mathis from the Colts. He was a great OLB that was lightning quick off the snap and he was in the same ball park of size as Sutton. Mathis was 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier.

I know Sutton is undersized on the outside, but I think he can overcome it. He's quick and strong enough. He just needs some chances and some work out there.

Northern_Blitz
05-22-2019, 02:38 PM

If Timmons retires, maybe bring him in as a coach or consultant. Seems like his transition was somewhat similar.

Steel Maniac
05-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Sutton will be an interesting watch.

hawaiiansteel
05-30-2019, 01:27 AM
Justin Layne feels like he is “getting there” within the Steelers defense

The Pittsburgh Steelers desperately need a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball, and the hope is Justin Layne is the answer to their problem.

By Jeff.Hartman May 28, 2019

Of all the nine drafted players in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2019 NFL Draft class, Justin Layne might have had the most hype surrounding him. Sure, Devin Bush was the most discussed, but the general consensus is the trade up in the first round was a move to get an almost known commodity. On the other hand, Layne, a 3rd round pick, is brimming with up-side, but whether his game translates to the NFL has yet to be determined.

After one week of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) under his belt, the Steelers’ rookie cornerback is starting to feel as if he belongs, and is learning the system.

“I feel like I’m getting there,” Layne told Hunter Homistek of DKPittsburghSports. “It’s like as soon as I started getting something down pat, we’re adding something else. But that’s just part of the game. I still got a long way to go, but I think I’m doing pretty good so far.”

Getting to the point where he is now hasn’t just come from individual hard work and determination. No, Layne has needed some help from his friends.

“[Working with Haden’s] been great,” Layne said. “Everybody’s unselfish. Everybody’s trying to help each other, help the younger guys. It’s been great.”

“Most of the time, I ask them questions, but they always, if I do something wrong or my eyes are in the wrong spot, they always come pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, you need to do that better, do that better,’” Layne said. “They’re always giving their little two cents but I just ask a lot of questions for the most part, and everybody is open.”

The Steelers’ secondary might not be a star-studded crew, but with the addition of Steven Nelson, they have a wealth of knowledge and experience at the position to help groom Layne into the player fans hope he becomes.

But don’t talk to Layne about being a starter, or making key interceptions at the game’s highest level. All he is focused on is getting better every day, and getting comfortable in his new city.

“I’m just trying to get better out there for the most part,” Layne told Homistek at the Rooney Complex. “I had some errors today, but I also made some plays. So I’m just trying to get in shape and try to adapt to the new system and everything.”

As of now, you have to wonder what the plan is for Layne within the Steelers’ system. While he is capable of playing both inside and outside, him being groomed to take over for Joe Haden would be a best-case scenario. The first job on the agenda for Layne would be nothing more than cracking the roster.

Just take a look at the CB depth chart he will have to overcome this summer at training camp:

Joe Haden
Steven Nelson
Mike Hilton
Cam Sutton
Brian Allen
Artie Burns

It shouldn’t be tough for Layne to fill the spot Coty Sensabaugh filled last year as the primary backup along the outside, but the main issue will be if/when Layne is ready for the NFL stage. There is plenty of time for him to get acclimated, and the preseason will be a good indicator of his overall readiness from the NCAA to the NFL.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/5/28/18642816/justin-layne-feels-like-he-is-getting-there-within-the-steelers-defense-2019-nfl-draft-cornerback

Steel Maniac
05-30-2019, 11:32 PM
Good read... thanks Hawaiian. Your posting great stories for us. Thanks keeping us informed. :tt2

hawaiiansteel
05-31-2019, 12:05 AM
Good read... thanks Hawaiian. Your posting great stories for us. Thanks keeping us informed. :tt2

you're very welcome my friend :Cheers

NorthCoast
06-19-2019, 08:59 PM
Don't overlook Buggs. He could be a sleeper keeper that finally knocks McCullers off the roster. He was pretty much passed over because of who he played next to, but he was good enough in his own right:

Overview
Position: Defensive end / three-technique defensive tackle
Height: 6’4″
Weight: 292 pounds
School: Alabama Crimson Tide

Combine Performance Data
40-yard dash: 5.15 seconds
Bench press: 20 reps
Vertical jump: 24.5 inches
Broad jump: 8 feet
Three-cone drill: 8.01 seconds
20-yard shuttle: 4.83 seconds

Isaiah Buggs 2019 NFL Draft Profile
Every year in the NFL Draft, the Alabama Crimson Tide have a star defensive lineman selected early on. This year, Quinnen Williams has grabbed the top honor of not only the best Crimson Tide prospect, but one of the best prospects overall. Williams isn’t the only Tide defensive lineman in this Draft. An underrated and often overlooked playmaker on the defensive lineman is Isaiah Buggs. Even though Williams is the more explosive, Buggs has shown to be highly consistent himself. Buggs was a highly developed before he arrived at Alabama from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He was always essentially a defender with the Crimson Tide, playing with top rated Draft prospects. Buggs has high value himself and many teams that will be looking to acquire his talents and skills.

In his first season with the Crimson Tide in 2017, Buggs was a role player who was suited as a defender to clog running room for opposing offenses. He accounted for 51 total tackles, four tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks. The next season was a huge breakout year for Buggs playing in a big spotlight. He was part of a hugely experienced defensive line that included Williams and Raekwon Davis. Buggs accounted for 52 total tackles, 23 solo tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss (eighth-most in the SEC), 9.5 sacks (fourth-most in the SEC), three pass deflections, and two forced fumbles. He was eventually named apart of the second-team All-SEC from the Coaches and AP. Buggs showed out at the 2019 Senior Bowl by being named one of the 10 players of the week.

Strengths
possesses a big body and connects hard at the point of first contact with the offensive line;
quick burst and violent movement off the snap;
motor makes a tough defender to stop when attacking the outside shoulder or penetrating the interior;
possesses great hands which can quickly give the edge in either the run game or the pass rush;
huge frame that fits most of the NFL’s most prolific defensive linemen;
very intelligent in reading plays in terms of recognizing run plays, screens, or passing plays;
Physical and highly aggressive when contacting the offensive lineman;
Can play in a weakside defensive end 3-4 front or a three-technique tackle in a 4-3 front;
has great leverage when hitting the offensive line.

Weaknesses
lacks the elite speed and overall athleticism to beat the more limber offensive linemen;
lacks overall burst after the first step;
rarely beats the tackle off the edge outside hand moves;
has a habit of overthinking on certain plays where he takes his time to address what play the offense is running;
tends to sit on run blocks too long to see if he can make the play;
he doesn’t create consistent penetration when addressing the offensive scheme;
tends to be slower than most of the top defensive ends in this draft.
NFL Comparison: Cliff Avril

Teams with Need at Position: Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans

Projection: middle of the third round to top of the fourth round

Bottom Line
Buggs will likely fill in with any team that needs to add serious depth to their defensive line. The good thing for him is that he is more versatile than most solid edge rushers as an inside defensive lineman or an edge. Some of the teams that have been looking to address the defensive line in the third round including the Bills, Panthers, 49ers, and Patriots might be good fits. Others include the Giants, Titans, and Bengals.

He will be able to continue his post-collegiate success in his NFL Draft journey at the 2019 Scouting Combine. Depending on how well he does in the Combine in front of NFL scouts, coaches, and general managers, his stock will either rise or fall.

RuthlessBurgher
06-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Buggs has promise, but I see him as more of a potential replacement for LT Walton than a replacement for Big Dan McCullers.

Where did you get the draft profile you posted? It seemed pretty solid overall (other than their ultimate comparison to Cliff Avril, which didn't make too much sense since Buggs seems to outweigh Avril by nearly 50 pounds of so).

NorthCoast
06-19-2019, 11:27 PM
Buggs has promise, but I see him as more of a potential replacement for LT Walton than a replacement for Big Dan McCullers.

Where did you get the draft profile you posted? It seemed pretty solid overall (other than their ultimate comparison to Cliff Avril, which didn't make too much sense since Buggs seems to outweigh Avril by nearly 50 pounds of so).

my bad..usually include links but was too quick on the 'send' button....

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/04/24/isaiah-buggs-2019-nfl-draft-profile/

Captain Lemming
06-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Agreed.

Frankly, looks like an Aaron Jones skillset

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2019, 10:16 PM

Nick Farabaugh
@FarabaughFB

Something the Steelers need to do is just to let Justin Layne play his game. Obviously he needs to transition to off man, but let him be the aggressive press man CB he really is, that’s his strength. Part of the NFL transition is confidence, and you don’t want Layne to lose his.

https://twitter.com/FarabaughFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetem bed%7Ctwterm%5E1162066474586071040&ref_url=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.steelersuniverse.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthre ad.php%2F30784-Justin-Layne-On-Rocky-Debut-I-See-What-I-Need-To-Work-On

SteelerOfDeVille
08-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Chiming in on the original topic - Benny Snell was my only "fist pump" of the draft.

I was certainly excited for the trade up, suspected it would be Bush and am excited to see what he can do. I think he will be very "Shazier" - will make some incredible plays all over the field, but, will occasionally over-run the play in the hole due to his playing speed. We'll forgive it because the rest of his play will be spectacular. He'll do what a first rounder should, so I'm not sure that it's "value", especially considering the trade up required. I'll also admit that I prefer VW next to him, or at least someone who is a run stuffer right in the hole - so, i hope they don't get carried away and try to start speed+speed coupling Bush with Barron.

Why I like Snell - he's a workaholic, who while slightly eccentric, is a "football player" who has often been overlooked, but, gets there on pure desire - attitude reminds me of Hines. I think that by end of season, he'll be the short yardage back. I actually thought on draft day that with Conner, Samuels and Snell, this team doesn't need another RB because Snell is better than the other RB options we had last year behind Conner and Samuels.

I think we'll look back as this being one of the best drafts in some time Bush, Diontae Johnson, Snell and even Gentry have all either looked good or shown flashes. That doesn't even count Buggs, Layne and Gilbert who all could be contributors

Oviedo
08-16-2019, 01:38 PM
Given the pick we used to get him, Gentry may turn out to be the best long term "value pick"

I predict he has 3 red zone TDs this year

Captain Lemming
08-17-2019, 02:07 AM
Given the pick we used to get him, Gentry may turn out to be the best long term "value pick"

By that same criteria, I'm thinking Gilbert.

Question: What if Bush and Gilbert played for the other guys college team?

I can see Gilbert being an overlooked player because of where he played not how he played just like James Harrison.

Rara
08-17-2019, 10:41 PM
Question.. did Bush not play tonight (week 2- preseason) because he's injured or because he's proven enough?

pittpete
08-17-2019, 10:44 PM
Tomlin decision

SteelBucks
08-17-2019, 10:50 PM

I was thinking he may be active for 3 games. History has shown Tomlin likes the vets, which may mean Grimble is the backup and game active. Who knows, I’m usually always wrong according to my wife. :)

NJ-STEELER
08-17-2019, 11:05 PM
that litte running back that runs like tyreek hill went to the chiefs with the last pick in the 6th round, a round where we had 3 picks

would have made a nice little change of pace guy

Ernie
08-18-2019, 07:05 AM
Gilbert looked really good with the #1s last night. Didn't get to see the 2nd half... but he looks like he will not only make the 53... but be in the mix this year.

SidSmythe
08-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Outside of GREY and SMITH I think this draft class is pretty solid so far.
GREY is probably going to be a PS guy ...he's behind a lot of Competition
SMITH should also be a PS guy (unless he's just been awful and we haven't had a chance to see it)

SKIPPER is gonna benefit w/ OLA's injury for the time being and Fred Johnson has to have some serious considerations (I don't think he will be easy to hide on the PS)

GILBERT looks like he belongs out there - would be great to see him flash on Special Teams

Northern_Blitz
08-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Question.. did Bush not play tonight (week 2- preseason) because he's injured or because he's proven enough?

I thought he missed the last few practices in camp, but apparently he did participate in the last day.

Tomlin said it's a shoulder injury and re: severity "Tomlin termed keeping Bush out of Saturday’s game “a precaution.”"

https://triblive.com/sports/mike-tomlin-clarifies-some-steelers-injuries-including-why-devin-bush-didnt-play-saturday/

hawaiiansteel
08-29-2019, 09:47 PM
Stats for Benny Snell in the preseason: 28 runs for 54 yards

Ernie
08-30-2019, 06:19 AM
best value pick? Gilbert and its really not that close

Northern_Blitz
08-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Stats for Benny Snell in the preseason: 28 runs for 54 yards

Maybe the biggest disappointment vs draft status and early preseason hype.

But, he'll probaly be better next year after cutting some weight

Steel Maniac
08-30-2019, 09:41 AM
Maybe the biggest disappointment vs draft status and early preseason hype.

But, he'll probaly be better next year after cutting some weight

yeah..disappointment is right.

Disco1981
08-30-2019, 10:12 AM
yeah..disappointment is right.

Agreed.....

Moonie
08-30-2019, 10:21 AM
Benny Smell is the bust of the draft. I had thought it would be Justin Layme, and he is a bust in his own right, but Smell just reeks. Get rid of this bum.

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2019, 10:36 AM
Benny Smell, Justin Layme

With this degree of sublime wit at your disposal, you should really consider submitting a writing sample to the New Yorker.

Buzz
08-30-2019, 08:19 PM
best value pick? Gilbert and its really not that close

To this point, I'd have to agree.

Ernie
08-30-2019, 08:30 PM
To this point, I'd have to agree.

he and bush will be the face of this ILB corp for years to come.. Bush is the easy call on that one but watch what im saying about gilbert

SteelBucks
08-30-2019, 10:22 PM
Benny Smell is the bust of the draft. I had thought it would be Justin Layme, and he is a bust in his own right, but Smell just reeks. Get rid of this bum.

Hate how we’re judging a career by 4 preseason games.

Captain Lemming
08-30-2019, 10:50 PM
he and bush will be the face of this ILB corp for years to come.. Bush is the easy call on that one but watch what im saying about gilbert

I said it earlier in the thread. Switch college jerseys and which of these two goes in the first?

I'm not saying Gilbert is better, but all said and done I won't be shocked if both wind up very similar NFL players.

Patrick Willis/Navarro Bowman type duo might be possible.

Captain Lemming
08-30-2019, 10:53 PM

It is just a discussion board. It's kinda what we do here.

I just compared a small school late round pick to a stinkin AllPro player AFTER 4 PRESEASON GAMES. Just as outlandish as calling Snell a bust.

If someone prematurely labels a player a bust.....take delight in moking him when the time is right. :)

Steel Maniac
08-30-2019, 10:56 PM

He’s disappointing but waaaaaaaaay too early to say he’s a bust