PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Has Had Best Draft So Far?

flippy
04-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Who's done the best job so far in your opinion.

I'm having a hard time finding a team where I like all their picks. I tend to like some and not others for most teams.

The homer in me is liking our draft in retrospect.

Prowler
04-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Four teams really stand out to me. Those teams are New England, Indianapolis, Oakland and Arizona.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 11:17 AM
I’m with Prowler. Gruden has surprised me letting Mayock do his job.

flippy
04-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Iím with Prowler. Gruden has surprised me letting Mayock do his job.

Was thinking I wonder if the Raiders seem to be picking better because Mayockís just following his board which generally follows every punditís board and shapes how the average fan typically thinks about the draft.

hawaiiansteel
04-27-2019, 12:25 PM
Was thinking I wonder if the Raiders seem to be picking better because Mayock’s just following his board which generally follows every pundit’s board and shapes how the average fan typically thinks about the draft.

having three 1st round picks and selecting near the top of each round helps also...

Buzz
04-27-2019, 12:44 PM
New England is doing a great job of reloading. They're gonna continue to be tough for some time.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 12:47 PM
having three 1st round picks and selecting near the top of each round helps also...

Bingo!!!!!

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 01:16 PM
New England is doing a great job of reloading. They're gonna continue to be tough for some time.

If you take notice of there last few games , Patriots are morphing into a monster smash & run team. Their de emphasizing Brady as his skills decline and upgrading the defense.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2019, 01:28 PM
I look at evaluating the draft as more of a gamble/payoff in terms of pick positions as opposed to "did they pick the right guy" because they are the ones who do the evaluating, not me.

I like what the Redskins were able to do in the first. Instead of moving up from 15 to grab their QB, they gambled and a guy who I assume they liked a lot fell to them at 15. By saving their draft capital by not moving up, they used it to jump back into the first and draft a guy who slid within their range in Sweat.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Red skins did do a decent job; better then what they normally do.

Chadman
04-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Colts have been beyond solid. Every pick has been someone Chadman liked.

Disco1981
04-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Thompson? WTH is wrong with him? Pissed dirty? Dumb as a rock?

Gotta be something!

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 01:46 PM

Colts were great last year in the draft and this draft looks to be solid so far as well.

papillon
04-27-2019, 03:10 PM

Until Tom Brady retires

Pappy

spyboots
04-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Steelers are having a great draft too!

Steel Maniac
04-27-2019, 04:53 PM

Colts super solid. They look poised to be in the AFC championship game

RuthlessBurgher
04-29-2019, 11:02 AM
A few under-the-radar draft classes that I thought were pretty solid:

Buffalo:

Ed Oliver is an instant replacement for the retired Kyle Williams. I imagine that we tried to trade up with the Bills at #9 before ultimately trading with the Broncos at #10, but when Ed Oliver unexpectedly fell into their laps, they weren't going anywhere. Cody Ford is tremendous value in the second round for a team in need of OL talent. Devin Singletary is their RB of the future since Shady McCoy and Frank Gore are both on the back nine of their careers. Dawson Knox is a well-rounded TE prospect and could be an upgrade over Tyler Kroft, who they just signed away from Cincy in free agency this offseason. Vosean Joseph's inconsistencies dropped him into round 5, but at that point of the draft, it was a worthwhile risk to obtain a LB with his talents.

Jacksonville:

Josh Allen was a bona fide top 5 talent (mocked #3 or #4 by virtually everyone), who surprisingly fell down to #7 after Oakland surprised everyone with Clelin Ferrell at #4 and the Giants took a QB at #6. A pure BPA pick for a team built around its defense. In many mocks, OT Jawaan Taylor was very often chosen for the Jags at #7, since OL was its most immediate need, but they got him at #35 anyway. New QB Nick Foles loves throwing to the TE, and Josh Oliver is a well rounded talent who should be an immediate upgrade over the likes of Geoff Swaim and Ben Koyack. Rock Armstead is a powerful runner than gives them insurance in case Leonard Fournette flakes out again and Tom Coughlin gets sick of dealing with him.

Tennessee:

Jeffrey Simmons might not contribute at all as a rookie due to a knee injury sustained while training for the combine, but everyone says that he would be a top 5-10 talent if healthy, so that pick could really pay off in the future; lining him up next to Jurell Casey would be a formidable DT pair. A.J. Brown is an excellent complement to Corey Davis at WR. All of their picks on day three of the draft were guys I really liked during the pre-draft process (S Amani Hooker from Iowa in round 4, OLB D'Andre Walker from Georgia in round 5, and ILB David Long from WVU in round 6).