PDA

View Full Version : double dip mock

steeler_george
04-22-2019, 06:46 AM
Anther themed mock! We all like to double dip at something we like, what positions do you think we double dip at?

I think we can double dip at:

CB, I think we lost hope for Burns, Allen, and Sutton.
WR: need to add competition and the contract of Moncrief is only 2 years. ( notice no mention of replacing AB)
DL: we need youth to develop, Hargrave and Heyward are in 7th and 9th season!
TE: with Vance injuries ( limited games) and JJ gone, we are going to need a depth.

Here is another themed mocke based on double dipping positions:

1.20) Murphy CB
2.52) Tilly DL ( if he falls, was going to say Simmons )
3.66) Layne CB
3.83) Hooker S
4.122) Mack DL
5.) Sills WR
6) Mack TE
6) Conrad TE KY
6) Pollard RB/Gadget or Ty Johnson RB
7) Johnson WR/ST Toledeo

**** Shock no ILB nor OLB****

I want a bad ass ILB too! But the way I see it, no rookie besides White, Bush and somewhat Wilson will start or play with the sucky ( exageration maybe) ILB core we have in : VW, Barron, Bostic, Matakevich hopefully they find a "Heden type FA" or undrafted one.

As for OLB, they are content with Dupree, they will extend him. We have Chicko and Ola for depth.

2 CBs high- Haden is getting older, Nelson is just stopgoat at the outside, I can see him eventually pushing for the nickle.

S- we need a 3rd S, we play 3 safeties 30 % of time.Hooker can play all DB positions, except maybe outside CB, so maybe he counts as a double dip at safety!

After looking at it not thrilled, but spent too much time writing this to waste. So I will post it anyways.

Steel Maniac
04-22-2019, 07:42 AM
We need to double dip at linebackers and corners.

Oviedo
04-22-2019, 08:37 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not ready to write off Burns. Its not uncommon to see young DBs struggle early and then "get it." Let's also not forget that Burns had a pretty decent 2017 before the 2018 disaster that seemed to coincide with Bradley replacing Lake. Personally I've never seen anything out of Bradley as a NFL coach. Maybe Teryl Austin can help Burns because you have to believe he was brought in for a reason.

Respectfully, I'll pass on your draft. I also think we need to draft OL depth. We have been extremely fortunate that we have not lost starters to injuries. That won't last forever.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2019, 10:20 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7aa6475b4830b31bcce5ea5899d97d9a/tenor.gif?itemid=5430370
;)

Steel Maniac
04-22-2019, 10:23 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not ready to write off Burns. Its not uncommon to see young DBs struggle early and then "get it." Let's also not forget that Burns had a pretty decent 2017 before the 2018 disaster that seemed to coincide with Bradley replacing Lake. Personally I've never seen anything out of Bradley as a NFL coach. Maybe Teryl Austin can help Burns because you have to believe he was brought in for a reason.

Respectfully, I'll pass on your draft. I also think we need to draft OL depth. We have been extremely fortunate that we have not lost starters to injuries. That won't last forever.

I see where your coming from; I think if we had our way that we all would love for Burns to miraculously live up to his potential.

Disco1981
04-22-2019, 10:53 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7aa6475b4830b31bcce5ea5899d97d9a/tenor.gif?itemid=5430370
;)

" You dipped the chip, You took a bite, and you dipped again!"

Iron City Inc.
04-22-2019, 02:06 PM
I see where your coming from; I think if we had our way that we all would love for Burns to miraculously live up to his potential.

Sadly that Burns ship has sailed. Sensabaugh starting over him back end of 18 tells us all we need to know. He wasn't hurt he just regressed. Happens. I'm not saying release him but to me he's off scholarship n if at camp he gets out played he could be sent down Route 30.

hawaiiansteel
04-22-2019, 03:37 PM

I'm hoping for an Ike Taylor like comeback...

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2019, 03:38 PM

*with actual functioning human hands, though ;)

hawaiiansteel
04-22-2019, 03:40 PM
*with actual functioning human hands, though ;)

baby steps...

Steel Maniac
04-22-2019, 04:34 PM

For what we invested, we need a little better then that. LOL

hawaiiansteel
04-22-2019, 05:57 PM
For what we invested, we need a little better then that. LOL

I would gladly take Ike Taylor in his prime starting opposite Joe Haden.

Steel Maniac
04-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Well yeah, because we're pretty hard up right now for something decent across from Joe. LOL.