PDA

View Full Version : 22019 nfl draft 10 days away!

Iron City Inc.
04-14-2019, 04:02 PM
So here we are about 10 days out of one of the most important drafts in recent years. Lots of great pre draft ideas and we never really know what Steelers are thinking but you get a good idea with knowing who was in for visits and who we sent to team pro days.

So here are things I believe as of today:

Unless an offensive player like Hokenson is there at 20 I see us going D.
There is a good chance that a very solid defensive player Bush ,Burns, Lawrence or Williams will be there for us. I do not believe White or Sweat makes it to 20. So if we stay @ 20 there is a good chance one of these 4 becomes a Steeler. All of them would make us better.
So now comes the questions. Or should I say that just prior to us being on the clock we'll be taking calls to move back. That is where the questions start. If Bush is there we likely turn in the card. But say he is not. And perhaps in this example Burns , Lawrence n Williams have a very close grade. The option will be there to move back a few spots. Texans at 23 need a corner and Oakland at 24 would make valued trade partners. If we could get one of the above mentioned 4 and pick up a 4th rounder, or there about, that would be a heck of a start.

There is a ton of value in this draft between 25 and 75. To be more precise I do not see a huge drop in value in that round and a half. Guys like Butler,Samuel,Campbell are wr's who could go late 1 or early 3 imho. Our selection at #66 should return a real nice player.
For those who like the trade up move in round 1 I don't see it. For those who want a big move back I do not see that either however for those who want to look at that option a trade out of the first round with the Colts would work perfect by the numbers. We trade our 1st for their early 2nd #34 and their late 2nd #59. Gives us three 2nd's and we still have two 3's. Just a thought there that likely never happens.
So as we go through the next 10 days I'll add to this with players who we may be looking at by round that could be a good fit.

pittpete
04-14-2019, 07:43 PM
More like 20,000 years from now...LOL

Disco1981
04-14-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm really excited about the 2019 draft...But I would be ecstatic if I made to the 22019 Draft, Unless Brady was still playing

steeler_george
04-14-2019, 08:54 PM
So here we are about 10 days out of one of the most important drafts in recent years. Lots of great pre draft ideas and we never really know what Steelers are thinking but you get a good idea with knowing who was in for visits and who we sent to team pro days.

So here are things I believe as of today:

Unless an offensive player like Hokenson is there at 20 I see us going D.
There is a good chance that a very solid defensive player Bush ,Burns, Lawrence or Williams will be there for us. I do not believe White or Sweat makes it to 20. So if we stay @ 20 there is a good chance one of these 4 becomes a Steeler. All of them would make us better.
So now comes the questions. Or should I say that just prior to us being on the clock we'll be taking calls to move back. That is where the questions start. If Bush is there we likely turn in the card. But say he is not. And perhaps in this example Burns , Lawrence n Williams have a very close grade. The option will be there to move back a few spots. Texans at 23 need a corner and Oakland at 24 would make valued trade partners. If we could get one of the above mentioned 4 and pick up a 4th rounder, or there about, that would be a heck of a start.

There is a ton of value in this draft between 25 and 75. To be more precise I do not see a huge drop in value in that round and a half. Guys like Butler,Samuel,Campbell are wr's who could go late 1 or early 3 imho. Our selection at #66 should return a real nice player.
For those who like the trade up move in round 1 I don't see it. For those who want a big move back I do not see that either however for those who want to look at that option a trade out of the first round with the Colts would work perfect by the numbers. We trade our 1st for their early 2nd #34 and their late 2nd #59. Gives us three 2nd's and we still have two 3's. Just a thought there that likely never happens.
So as we go through the next 10 days I'll add to this with players who we may be looking at by round that could be a good fit.

I would love to trade back if Hockenson or Bush are not there and do that .... Thing is I think Colbert and the steelers like that 5 year option on 1st round picks, so they really value those.

hawaiiansteel
04-14-2019, 09:03 PM
I would love to trade back if Hockenson or Bush are not there and do that .... Thing is I think Colbert and the steelers like that 5 year option on 1st round picks, so they really value those.

that's a good point, I had never thought about that.

SidSmythe
04-14-2019, 09:51 PM

I'm right there with you .... I'd be talking to Green Bay with their late 1st round pick to see if they had interest.