PDA

View Full Version : Spinthenfall

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Mendenhall the latest to pile on...Benis a racist and Ben doesn't like Blacks...

For once somebody talking some sense...I did get tired of Ben force feeding the ball every game, year after year, to all those white receivers we had...

Oh wait.....This offseason is beyond nauseating....It's just EVERY day! Stop everyone!

Buzz
04-11-2019, 12:34 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/former-steelers-rb-rashard-mendenhall-calls-ben-roethlisberger-a-racist-during-twitter-rant/

Rashard Mendenhall, best known for his critical fumble in the Steelers' Super Bowl loss to Green Bay, was on social media trying to defend AB, when he tweeted that he was letting a big secret out of the bag, that Ben Roethlisberger is a racist. After awhile he came back on and tweeted that, no, Ben isn't racist, I was just saying that to try to make a point. But it was too late, he'd already added more fuel to the fire that we'd hoped was dying down.

What a lame punk "Spinderella" Mendenhall is. I remember him once acting like he was humping Ben in a playoff game ... now he's really trying to screw Ben and the rest of the team. Just another sad-sack pathetically getting some attention on social media. What a mistake it was to ever draft that quitter.

Buzz
04-11-2019, 12:38 PM
Same dude who tried to defend Osama Bin Laden, so it shows you what kind of (lack of) character he has.

Eich
04-11-2019, 12:42 PM
What in the actual h3ll is going on this season/off-season?

NorthCoast
04-11-2019, 12:47 PM

Too many bored ex-football players with too much time on their hands.

The Man of Steel
04-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Interesting to note that Mendenhall and Isaac Redman were both on the Steelers roster at the same time and they each see Ben as a completely different guy.

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 12:57 PM
So many bitter, ex players who sucked...Want so bad for this storied franchise to be brought to its knees...Actually, It seems that the more that keeps coming out, the more talking heads that are rallying around the Steelers

steeler_george
04-11-2019, 01:09 PM
I wanted to express my rage and views towrds racism and calling some one out for being a racist. But it is a Steeler Forum.!

But if I was Ben, I would sue that coward for everything he has for slander. And donate all that money to fight racism!

Is he that stupid, Foster and Pouncey are Ben's best friends on the team.

Is he really that stupid to support AB, especially now, after he showed his true colors of degrading a young athlete, should I say a young "black" athelete. but who cares about skin color.

Mick'sTeam
04-11-2019, 01:38 PM
So AB is now siding with the guy that fumbled SB 45 away?

Steel Maniac
04-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Social media has these guys going absolutely nuts. Saying anything to regain relevance; Mendenhall fumbled away our Super Bowl against the Packers. And I've been done with him ever since.

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 02:14 PM
I wanted to express my rage and views towrds racism and calling some one out for being a racist. But it is a Steeler Forum.!

But if I was Ben, I would sue that coward for everything he has for slander. And donate all that money to fight racism!

Is he really that stupid to support AB, especially now, after he showed his true colors of degrading a young athlete, should I say a young "black" athelete. but who cares about skin color.

Wouldn’t Ben open himself up to phone records and private emails if he sued Mendenhall?

Having a Black friend or 2 doesn’t mean you can’t be racist.

Not saying Ben is a racist but the “I have Black friends” is the oldest trick in the book.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-11-2019, 02:16 PM
you really need professional help

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 02:18 PM
So AB is now siding with the guy that fumbled SB 45 away?

Mendenhall didn’t fumble away the SB but I guess that type of talk is why he is critical of Steeler fans. LOL

Does this mean AB was correct when he said JuJu fumbled away our season?

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Everyone is missing Mendenhall's point. He attempted to deliver it in a very stupid way, here is what happened:

At 4:45 a.m. he posted, “Alright, I’ll end the mystery. . . [Ben Roethlisberger is] racist and [Antonio Brown is] black. He had to catch balls from a racist quarterback. Every honest player knows it, it’s not a big deal. He was just supposed to take his lickings and move on, like a slave for real.”

Then, 3 hours later, he posted: “Clearly it’s no fun, when EVERYONE’s the accused. . . . Please allow the dialogue in sports to be equal. Why’s it so easy to shoot at one player, but not the other? B’s not racist. Just like AB’s not a dirtbag.”

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 02:20 PM
you really need professional help

You need to hop up off of it.

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Everyone is missing Mendenhall's point. He attempted to deliver it in a very stupid way, here is what happened:

At 4:45 a.m. he posted, “Alright, I’ll end the mystery. . . [Ben Roethlisberger is] racist and [Antonio Brown is] black. He had to catch balls from a racist quarterback. Every honest player knows it, it’s not a big deal. He was just supposed to take his lickings and move on, like a slave for real.”

Then, 3 hours later, he posted: “Clearly it’s no fun, when EVERYONE’s the accused. . . . Please allow the dialogue in sports to be equal. Why’s it so easy to shoot at one player, but not the other? B’s not racist. Just like AB’s not a dirtbag.”

It’s football. Mendenhall is having an elevated conversation that doesn’t play well to the average football fan.

They see racist and run with it.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-11-2019, 02:29 PM
that's pretty rich from the guy who sees a racist behind every corner

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Benis? I’m sorry but that’s a hilarious typo.

We have a new name for ugly Ben.

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2019, 02:32 PM

Big Benis? :oops:

Mick'sTeam
04-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Mendenhall didn’t fumble away the SB but I guess that type of talk is why he is critical of Steeler fans. LOL

My comment was tongue in cheek BECAUSE of AB's post about JuJu. :rolleyes::rolleyes::HeadBanger

Northern_Blitz
04-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Everyone is missing Mendenhall's point. He attempted to deliver it in a very stupid way

This seems to be the story of Mendenhall's life re: delivering social commentary.

brothervad
04-11-2019, 03:12 PM
It’s football. Mendenhall is having an elevated conversation that doesn’t play well to the average football fan.

I don't really consider inciteful narrative = elevated conversation.

The fact is calling someone a racist today is pretty f'ing nuclear. It doesn't make him erudite.

And how condescending is it by calling people who it doesn't play well with an "average football fan."

It doesn't play well with me...because it's divisive, antagonistic, and does the exact opposite of encouraging dialog.

First/Last I am going to say on any of this crap. I am sick tired of the whole thing. AB is POS, LB is a POS, and I am sure Ben ain' t a walk in the park. None of them walk on water.

I just want to root for the Steelers. I really don't care about guaranteed contracts and who is the most self-righteous.

brothervad

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 03:42 PM

The fact is calling someone a racist today is pretty f'ing nuclear. It doesn't make him erudite.

And how condescending is it by calling people who it doesn't play well with an "average football fan."

It doesn't play well with me...because it's divisive, antagonistic, and does the exact opposite of encouraging dialog.

First/Last I am going to say on any of this crap. I am sick tired of the whole thing. AB is POS, LB is a POS, and I am sure Ben ain' t a walk in the park. None of them walk on water.

I just want to root for the Steelers. I really don't care about guaranteed contracts and who is the most self-righteous.

brothervad

Everyone is offended by everything these days.

Eich
04-11-2019, 03:51 PM

It's not even elevated. It was a stupid way to make a stupid point, IMO.

Eich
04-11-2019, 03:55 PM

In a way, Juju did fumble away the season, though at that point, we still had a chance to make the playoffs. It was a critical fumble at a critical time, as was Mendenhall's. And AB tweeting about it the way he did makes him the a$$hole of the year. Good for him.

What's ironic is that AB uses Juju's critical fumble (an unintentional mistake), essentially as a reason Juju shouldn't be voted MVP. And yet, when we still had a chance at the playoffs, AB decides to QUIT, a very INTENTIONAL A-hole move.

AB is a miserable excuse for a human being IMO.

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 03:58 PM
It's not even elevated. It was a stupid way to make a stupid point, IMO.

True. I was being lazy when I used the word elevated.

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 04:00 PM
In a way, Juju did fumble away the season, though at that point, we still had a chance to make the playoffs. It was a critical fumble at a critical time, as was Mendenhall's. And AB tweeting about it the way he did makes him the a$$hole of the year. Good for him.

What's ironic is that AB uses Juju's critical fumble (an unintentional mistake), essentially as a reason Juju shouldn't be voted MVP. And yet, when we still had a chance at the playoffs, AB decides to QUIT, a very INTENTIONAL A-hole move.

AB is a miserable excuse for a human being IMO.

We have no idea what happens if JuJu didn’t fumble. Someone else may have ended up being the fall guy if we didn’t score or win that game.

I’m not a fan of blaming a whole game or whole season on one play.. unless it’s the Pats.

Eich
04-11-2019, 04:03 PM
True. I was being lazy when I used the word elevated.

And I get why the point is lost on many people because it's a point that hardly even applies, where AB is concerned. Mendenhall is basically saying that anyone can say or report anything about anyone and just by saying it, that doesn't make it true.

But what people are saying about AB isn't just made up. It's in direct response to some of the most absurd, unprofessional behavior we've seen in sports.

Eich
04-11-2019, 04:04 PM
We have no idea what happens if JuJu didn’t fumble. Someone else may have ended up being the fall guy if we didn’t score or win that game.

I’m not a fan of blaming a whole game or whole season on one play.. unless it’s the Pats.

Completely agree. Just like you can't put all the blame on a kicker who misses a game-winning field goal in the final seconds. The only thing you can really label Juju's fumble, is a critical fumble at a critical time. AB is the one who chose to label it as a season-ending fumble.

brothervad
04-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Everyone is offended by everything these days.

Felt/oh wow (I wish they could give you your old moniker back),

This coupled with your comment about "you were being lazy..." when you typed "elevated" is making my point.

I am going to assume that Mr. Mendenhall is a relatively intelligent young man. So given that assumption your point above about being offended as well as his lazy attempt to start a dialog...might have seemed good in theory but sucked in execution.

He waited 3 hours before tweeting again...He very well knows the society and social media morays. if he wanted to get his point across he could've a) started with a disclaimer or B) post right after the first post within seconds stating what he stated 3 hours later.

I am not sure you were referring to me when saying "offended". I am not offended, but I will call BS (IMO) when I see it.

What he did was sloppy and did nothing to add to any narrative whatsoever.

I apologize for responding again on this as I stated my first would be my last. But I felt obligated to explain to you why I thought it was BS and that I was not offended...just found it not to be "elevated" IMO.

Brothervad

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2019, 04:45 PM

sounds like Mendenhall is the racist here to me...

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 05:10 PM

Lol just seen that....Ok Benis it is...Big Benis...Combination between Big Ben and Penis

brothervad
04-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Lol just seen that....Ok Benis it is...Big Benis...Combination between Big Ben and Penis

do you think after the end of next season after having to deal with the ED of Derek Carr that AB will have...

Benis envy?

There ain't no blue pill to solve for Derek Carr, AB.

:p

brothervad

brothervad
04-11-2019, 05:14 PM
ok one more...

does a Benis enjoy a Big Chest?

I would say yes....but

I guess a Big Chest doesn't necessarily like a Benis.

:p

I am done now...

brothervad

Captain Lemming
04-11-2019, 05:15 PM

Shame on you guys...... :nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono

THIS my friends is "Benis"

https://www.denverautographs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/BETTISROETHLISBERGER16X20.jpg

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Is he that stupid? He supported Bin Laden! You don't think this guy is a piece of ****

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 05:28 PM

brothervad

Spot on Brother!

Captain Lemming
04-11-2019, 05:29 PM

I’m not a fan of blaming a whole game or whole season on one play unless...........

Unless of course BEN is involved. (Seriously dude nobody on this board puts blame on "one play" than you put on any mistake by Ben.) :)

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2019, 05:36 PM
but who cares about skin color.

obviously Mendenhall does...

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Big Benis? :oops:

fortunately for him his nickname isn't "Little Ben"...

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Shame on you guys...... :nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono

THIS my friends is "Benis"

https://www.denverautographs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/BETTISROETHLISBERGER16X20.jpg

Hey, Jerome...I want to write my signature with black ink. I wonder if this autograph-seeker has ever seen a black big ben-is?

Sorry, Ben...no black ink here. The ink in this pen-is blue. ;)

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2019, 06:38 PM

He's obviously envious of Roethlisberger's Black Big Benis. :)

Okay, I'll stop now. I promise. ;)

Buzz
04-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Wouldn’t Ben open himself up to phone records and private emails if he sued Mendenhall?

Having a Black friend or 2 doesn’t mean you can’t be racist.

Not saying Ben is a racist but the “I have Black friends” is the oldest trick in the book.

You're right. Over the course of his time with the team, Ben has had more black friends than white ones. He goes to hockey games and monster car races with them, goes on hunting trips with them, goes out to dinner with them, advocates for the team to re-sign many of them, and never utters anything that could be construed as racist. Many of his black teammates have vouched for Ben that he's a good leader and teammate. What a trickster. Better than some of the leading illusionists out there.

Disco1981
04-11-2019, 07:30 PM
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FhNwzT88Ah7fpojJ8

Buzz
04-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Mendenhall was not the sole reason for that loss; I don't think you can pin the blame entirely on him. However, the fact is, he did fumble in a critical spot in that game. If he holds on to that ball, we probably have a 90% chance of defeating the Packers and winning our 7th Lombardi in that Super Bowl.

Buzz
04-11-2019, 07:41 PM

That's how it sounds to me. Why else would he interject race into the discussion? And wait 3 hours to set the record straight on the aspersion?

And what a stupid way to try to make a point. Hey, I heard that Mendenhall is a terrorist and a pedophile.

(3 hours later) Just messin' with ya ... I was only trying to make a point.

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2019, 07:48 PM
You're right. Over the course of his time with the team, Ben has had more black friends than white ones. He goes to hockey games and monster car races with them, goes on hunting trips with them, goes out to dinner with them, advocates for the team to re-sign many of them, and never utters anything that could be construed as racist. Many of his black teammates have vouched for Ben that he's a good leader and teammate. What a trickster. Better than some of the leading illusionists out there.

Ben never invites them over to his house for BBQs though :stirpot

AzStillers1989
04-11-2019, 08:48 PM
FFS the god damn drama continues. Lol

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Yeah, but none of this derives from the players, coaches, front office, ownership, or anyone else currently affiliated with the team.

It's all just noise on the periphery at this point, as opposed to a team that is simmering from within.

The rotten pieces of fruit are now all outside outside of the bushel basket.

brothervad
04-11-2019, 09:40 PM

Start of the season can't come soon enough.

My hope is (unrealistic as it is) that this team is so super pissed they go out and destroy every team in their path.

A dream season of 16-0 and then a super bowl run that decimates everything in their path.

And they drop the Mike and tell all the media sycophants to STFU.

I know it's just a dream. Realistically, just a superbowl run is good enough.

Brothervad

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 09:46 PM

Hockey games, hunting and monster car trucks?

WPS

jokes, just jokes

Oh wow
04-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Unless of course BEN is involved. (Seriously dude nobody on this board puts blame on "one play" than you put on any mistake by Ben.) :)

I never say one play is the reason we lost.

But I have no problem pointing out mistakes when people claim one challenge, one fumble, one mistake lost a game.

Captain Lemming
04-12-2019, 01:54 AM
Ben never invites them over to his house for BBQs though :stirpot

He is just avoiding stereotyping his teammates.
He does sushi parties instead..... ;0

Captain Lemming
04-12-2019, 02:00 AM
Hockey games, hunting and monster car trucks?

jokes, just jokes

Thats how you invite black friends you REALLY DONT want to hang with so you can say, “I invite black guys all the time” they just never come. ;)

Captain Lemming
04-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Thats how you invite black friends you REALLY DONT want to hang with so you can say, “I invite black guys all the time” they just never come. ;)

Waiiiit.
I just figured out why I get invited to hockey games and monster car events ALL THE TIME.

Oh wow
04-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Fellas and bro pals, you have been invited to the 5th annual country music and liver mush festival.

Oviedo
04-12-2019, 08:27 AM

Ben was also pretty tight with Willie Colon

Ghost
04-12-2019, 10:10 AM
I have 4.5 black friends....

RuthlessBurgher
04-12-2019, 10:12 AM

Yeah, when Colon was still playing for the Steelers, Ben and Willie were hanging out together during the offseason in Milledgeville, GA...wait, never mind.

RuthlessBurgher
04-12-2019, 10:14 AM
I have 4.5 black friends....

Is the 0.5 black friend named Beetlejuice? ;)

https://d1o0agh0cxj49r.cloudfront.net/photos/2017/06/01/40833-beetlejuice-staind-780.jpg

Oh wow
04-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Show me a QB who isn’t tight with his OL and I will show you a dead man walking.

Oh wow
04-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Is the 0.5 black friend named Beetlejuice? ;)

https://d1o0agh0cxj49r.cloudfront.net/photos/2017/06/01/40833-beetlejuice-staind-780.jpg

Nah. That’s Pouncey. LOL.