PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay has us beat in the drama department

Eich
04-08-2019, 03:33 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Wow. Talk about drama. Makes the Steelers' issues look a little less daunting.

Shawn
04-09-2019, 04:16 AM
Good read. I was less interested in the drama and more interested in the leadership conversation. What makes a good leader? Honestly? I haven’t met many good leaders. It takes a special personality. I mean how many bosses have you truly respected? AR is a generational talent but he isn’t a leader. And that’s ok. It doesn’t always have to be the QB. But when there is a leadership void, drama will ensue. Egos previously checked run amok. That is what happened with the Steelers. Soft leadership, unchecked egos, no accountability. No one willing to check big heads.

Ernie
04-09-2019, 06:14 AM
I don't think they beat us in the drama department (ours hasn't stopped yet with AB/Juju back and forth)... but its nice to see we aren't the only team with "Issues" lol

RobinCole
04-09-2019, 07:41 AM
AB vs. Ju-Ju is no longer drama. They’re on different teams now. It’s now a rivalry. And Mr. Big Chest started it. Wonder if Gruden approves of his new star publicly belittling opposing players. If Gruden thinks he’s going to be able to handle Mr. BC he’s delusional.

Djfan
04-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Sounds like the Steelers to me - The Dynasty that should have been.

Eich
04-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Was watching NFL Network last night and Rogers was vehemently denying most of what was reported, saying the quotes were mostly from former, irrelevant players and the author was just trying to get readers.

But by many accounts, Rogers is a bit of a head-case, so I tend to believe there is/was a lot of dysfunction there.

Oh wow
04-10-2019, 09:01 AM
When I read that Rodgers stopped talking to his family almost 5 years ago I knew something was off with him.

Ghost
04-10-2019, 09:07 AM
Sounds like the Steelers to me - The Dynasty that should have been.

:Agree

You can argue back and forth over what drove the issues - whether McCarthy was over his head and a bit of an egomaniac taking extra credit for schemes or Rodgers is an overly-sensitive, petty, grudge holding douche who isn't a leader. But in the end, they should have found a way to take all that talent and win more than 1 SB. The legacy will be one of under achieving. Much like we'll look back on this period of time with Steelers and wonder how they didn't achieve more in the playoffs.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2019, 09:41 AM

You can argue back and forth over what drove the issues - whether McCarthy was over his head and a bit of an egomaniac taking extra credit for schemes or Rodgers is an overly-sensitive, petty, grudge holding douche who isn't a leader. But in the end, they should have found a way to take all that talent and win more than 1 SB. The legacy will be one of under achieving. Much like we'll look back on this period of time with Steelers and wonder how they didn't achieve more in the playoffs.

Great post Ghost

Oh wow
04-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Weren’t they an on side kick recovery away from another SB?

Ernie
04-14-2019, 04:38 AM
AB vs. Ju-Ju is no longer drama. They’re on different teams now. It’s now a rivalry. And Mr. Big Chest started it. Wonder if Gruden approves of his new star publicly belittling opposing players. If Gruden thinks he’s going to be able to handle Mr. BC he’s delusional.

its no more "Drama" than the X steelers like Mendy speaking out against Ben :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RobinCole
04-14-2019, 07:55 AM
There is drama even in boring old Jacksonville. Leonard Fournette has been arrested for driving with a suspended license. And he and a teammate (T. J. Yeldon) were reprimanded after the team’s final game for “conduct unbecoming” - - seems that they were goofing around and acting “disinterested” while seated on the bench.

Actually, unless you have tunnel vision, you can find drama just about anywhere in the league.

Oh wow
04-14-2019, 08:39 AM
Arrested? Unless he was drunk or had warrants why would they arrest him?

Usually they just get you to call someone else to drive your car.

Buzz
04-14-2019, 03:56 PM

I'm sure there must be more to the story.

hawaiiansteel
04-14-2019, 04:27 PM

maybe he was unlucky and got pulled over by a redneck officer.

Ernie
04-15-2019, 08:10 AM
There is drama even in boring old Jacksonville. Leonard Fournette has been arrested for driving with a suspended license. And he and a teammate (T. J. Yeldon) were reprimanded after the team’s final game for “conduct unbecoming” - - seems that they were goofing around and acting “disinterested” while seated on the bench.

Actually, unless you have tunnel vision, you can find drama just about anywhere in the league.

That's true. None have been as sustained (over a long period of time) as the Steelers though.

Oh wow
04-15-2019, 08:28 AM
That's true. None have been as sustained (over a long period of time) as the Steelers though.

The Fournette drama has been going on since the end of the season. I think the FO is trying to take back his bonus or incentives based on some weird incident that happened.

Probably had the police tail him and arrest him so they have more proof he is a cancer to the team.

The Steelers will always steal the show though because our fan base is so spread out. It’s a numbers game.

RobinCole
04-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Yes, there is more to the story. He was pulled over for speeding, also cited for having an illegal tint on the windows of his car. The reason his license had been suspended was for failure to appear or pay the fine for a previous speeding ticket. And yes, he was arrested, spent a half-hour in jail and was released on bond. Shame on the Jacksonville coach for not cracking down on this spoiled brat.