PDA

View Full Version : Rudolf's trade value

steeler_george
03-23-2019, 10:59 AM
I might of posted this before, if I did sorry.

But I was just looking back on last years draft
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/steelers-2018-draft-class-review-season-overview/ ( as of now it looks iffy) and why we took Rudolf, which is looking like the wrong decision if Ben plays for another 2-3 years.
Dobs let us down in the Raiders' s game, but so did everyone! Dobs did look like he progressed enough to let "LAUNDRY" be released.

Could we use Rudolf to gain 3rd round pick this year? Does he have any value?

Or am I thinking to short sighted, we should keep him and let him develop into our Jimmy G...

Steel Maniac
03-23-2019, 11:26 AM
George, I like what your trying to do for the team. Props to you. But I think we need to keep Rudolph and see how he’s progressed coming into his second season. I’m expecting ( hoping for) a jump to the next level from him. Yeah it may be my black & gold glasses on but we’ve got to let the growth process play out a little more with him.

Oh wow
03-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Not sure Rudolph has shown any reason to have value.

Let’s give him time to learn our offense with Fitch before moving on.

Look what just happened to Alex Smith last year. We are always a play away from a back up in this league.

Don’t we already have 10 picks this year?

Steel Maniac
03-23-2019, 11:35 AM

Look what just happened to Alex Smith last year. We are always a play away from a back up in this league.

And to me ,after the first 7 picks and we don’t hear anything about us trading up, then chances are it won’t happen and we stand pat at #20.

Northern_Blitz
03-23-2019, 11:36 AM
My guess is that we wouldn't get equal or higher pick than what we used to draft him.

He doesn't really have enough tape to show that he's better than what people saw last year. And he lost out to another young QB last year.

I think other teams might be suspicious if we were pulling the cord on him already.

Steel Maniac
03-23-2019, 11:38 AM
My guess is that we wouldn't get equal or higher pick than what we used to draft him.

He doesn't really have enough tape to show that he's better than what people saw last year. And he lost out to another young QB last year.

I think other teams might be suspicious if we were pulling the cord on him already.

good point.

steeler_george
03-23-2019, 11:49 AM

My thinking is getting many assists to trade up to grab White, or key players in the draft.

steelerkeylargo
03-23-2019, 12:01 PM
The only way I would trade Rudolph is in a package for Josh Rosen.

Steel Maniac
03-23-2019, 12:11 PM
I don’t think Rosen got a fair shot with the Cards. The o-line was terrible, one real Wr in Fitz but he’s 190 years old. How can you accurately grade a qb with no O-line and no wrs?

Oh wow
03-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Whoever gave up on Rosen better get it right or they are toast.

Also wonder if Rosen is a head case. I know they said he was pretty vocal and opinionated and didn’t come across like he cared in interviews.

Also was a rumor it was hard to get him to buy in.

AzStillers1989
03-23-2019, 05:00 PM
I don’t think Rosen got a fair shot with the Cards. The o-line was terrible, one real Wr in Fitz but he’s 190 years old. How can you accurately grade a qb with no O-line and no wrs?
Watched Rosen all year living in Arizona. Wasn’t disappointed necessarily because of him but more so of the crap offense and coach they had. Rosen will be good I think. Hope the cards keep him and avoid Murray.

Steel Maniac
03-23-2019, 05:49 PM
Cards are stupid; Rosen is good enough. All they have to do is trade down and pick up more picks and still get a stud in an needed area of the team. But that management in Arizona is one of the worse in the league. A draft tailor made for their needs to be meant in WR's & edge rushers and they want to take another QB at the top of the draft. :rolleyes:

RuthlessBurgher
03-23-2019, 06:53 PM
I could easily see Arizona drafting Murray #1 then trading Josh Rosen to New England for pick 2.56 (or maybe even Rosen and pick 3.65 for pick 1.32). New England could get a top 10 QB prospect from last year's draft as their heir apparent to Brady, making up for the Garropolo trade.