PDA

View Full Version : JJSS more TDs than AB in '19

NorthCoast
03-16-2019, 11:35 AM
I will predict JJSS has more TDs this season than AB.

15 vs 11

Oviedo
03-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Im not sure it will work out that way. Raiders have no one but BS. He will get all the looks

Ben has more weapons. I actually think Moncrief could have less catches than JuJu but more TDs

steeler_george
03-16-2019, 01:24 PM
I am starting to think that Oakland is going to have a really good Offense in '19.

The Offensive line is in works of getting better.
Gruden factor
They have 3 picks in first round which I have a feeling they are going to trade back one of those to gain more picks in the 2nd or 3rd to complete their offense ( TE, OL, RB)

Carr
Lynch
AB
T. Williams

Mr.wizard
03-16-2019, 01:42 PM
I would like to see a stat on what percentage JJSS was double covered last year.

Moonie
03-16-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't think so. That douchebag Brown remains one of the most incredible receivers of all time. This whole situation is just a shame.

SidSmythe
03-16-2019, 01:58 PM
I hope AB gets his 15 TDs - as we saw last year 15 TDs doesn't get you into the playoffs.

If JUJU ends up with 10 and James Connor ends up with 15 - that'll put us into the playoffs!!

pittpete
03-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Playoffs is all that matters to me....

steeler_george
03-16-2019, 02:10 PM
I don't think so. That douchebag Brown remains one of the most incredible receivers of all time. This whole situation is just a shame.

It is a shame...

AB is one in a lifetime WR.

I still can't grasp what really happened.

I think there is more to this story from both sides.

It is over with, no need for further discussion, just time to move on...

Shawn
03-16-2019, 04:16 PM
It is a shame...

I still can't grasp what really happened.

I think there is more to this story from both sides.

It is over with, no need for further discussion, just time to move on... what really happened is Brown and his agent got greedy and concocted a plan to get out of town and get one last massive contract. Now he two recent contracts with all that guaranteed money. And he was able to negotiate himself into a massive payday not a year too late. He did so with shady, divisive and unethical methods. That’s end of story. Didn’t have anything to do with Ben.

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2019, 04:32 PM
I would like to see a stat on what percentage JJSS was double covered last year.

It would be interesting.

My guess is that AB was still getting more attention, but I'd like to see the numbers to

NJ-STEELER
03-16-2019, 05:20 PM
if he cries about getting the ball the way he did here, I doubt it. he'll be targeted at least 15 times a game

Mr.wizard
03-16-2019, 06:31 PM
It would be interesting.

My guess is that AB was still getting more attention, but I'd like to see the numbers to

Oh I have no doubt about that, I heard somebody talking about it on the radio and they said JJSS was double covered on less than 1% of his routes last season. I can't find that stat anywhere so I don't know if it's true, but if it is true it will be interesting to see how JJSS performs when he is getting doubled.

Buzz
03-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Oh I have no doubt about that, I heard somebody talking about it on the radio and they said JJSS was double covered on less than 1% of his routes last season. I can't find that stat anywhere so I don't know if it's true, but if it is true it will be interesting to see how JJSS performs when he is getting doubled.

I heard that too ... same people said AB was doubled about 10% of snaps, IIRC ... I have to think they are wrong.

Captain Lemming
03-16-2019, 06:51 PM
It is a shame...

You mean THE ONE great Steeler receiver without .......A SB MVP?

Ernie
03-17-2019, 01:25 AM
Im not sure it will work out that way. Raiders have no one but BS. He will get all the looks

Ben has more weapons. I actually think Moncrief could have less catches than JuJu but more TDs

id agree with this.. but the raiders have closed the gap a little with the AB and T Williams signings. Not sure if their stud TE is sticking around.. or what the situation is at RB... maybe they draft RB wjth one of their 1st rd picks

Buzz
03-17-2019, 06:36 PM
id agree with this.. but the raiders have closed the gap a little with the AB and T Williams signings. Not sure if their stud TE is sticking around.. or what the situation is at RB... maybe they draft RB wjth one of their 1st rd picks

Their stud TE would look good in a Steelers uniform, but I don't don't think there's any way we will go after him.

Steel Maniac
03-17-2019, 06:43 PM
You mean THE ONE great Steeler receiver without .......A SB MVP?

*uck AB; and the horse he rode in on. We won championships before him with supposed "lesser WR's" and we will win after him. With Juju on one side and DM on the other, and with Eli in the slot and our TE, our passing game will be fine. No one WR to focus in on so coverage will be mostly one on one across the board. And Ben will make WR's shine like he always has; like he did Holmes, Wallace, Ward, AB, Sanders. No worries.

Plus, we'll get back to running the rock effectively too.

RuthlessBurgher
04-03-2019, 03:16 PM
Replace AB? Steelers want JuJu Smith-Schuster to continue on own career arc

1:00 AM ET

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Asking how wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster will evolve in Year 3 is straightforward enough for Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

But the final three words of that question -- "with AB gone" -- affected the answer.

"I don’t base that on whether [Antonio Brown] is here or not," Tomlin said last week from the NFL owners meetings. "I just want to see him grow and mature as a player, as a person. He’s done a good job of that between Year 1 and Year 2."

Smith-Schuster is his own man now, and that's exactly how the Steelers want it.

What has become clear is the Steelers don't want Smith-Schuster focused on replacing Antonio Brown, who was traded to the Oakland Raiders, but rather on maximizing his own enormous potential independent of his NFL receiver peers. A good start is reaffirming his alignment with his quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, in a supportive social media post.

I was so blessed to enter the league and play with a Hall of Fame QB as a 20-year old. Ben has taught me so much, he's a true Leader and I can't wait to rock with my guy this season.

A post shared by JuJu Smith-Schuster (@juju) on Mar 25, 2019 at 6:02pm PDT

Despite a team MVP award and a team-leading 111 catches for 1,426 yards last season, Smith-Schuster won't get the Steelers' No. 1 receiver label, at least not on paper. That's because the Steelers' offense is mostly an equal-opportunity attack. Brown might have garnered 680 targets over the previous four seasons, but he also got open more than everybody else. And the open man wins.

"We don’t live in that two-to-one world. Those are things that you guys describe," Tomlin said of the Steelers not having a designated first or second option. "I don’t know that when Ben is dropping back to find someone open he has that mentality. He’s just looking for someone who’s open within the confines of a concept. So I know what you mean in terms of the attention that he might get from opposing teams, but it’s our job to balance those things out, and I’m sure he’s excited about meeting the challenge and the responsibility that comes with the attention."

Roethlisberger has no problem spreading the ball around. Five Steelers got at least 63 targets in 2017, while four players got at least 71 targets last season. The running back, tight end and top two receivers will have chances to put up substantial numbers in the Steelers' offense.

But the Steelers will look to Smith-Schuster as a third-down-buster to enhance his historic early-career arc. Smith-Schuster joins Isaac Bruce and Larry Fitzgerald as the only NFL receivers with 100 catches and 1,400 yards in their second seasons.

Tomlin saw a better-conditioned, more consistent player who was "ready for the fight" in Year 2.

Year 3 is all about All-Pro growth.

"He went into the offseason healthy, so that’s a good thing," Tomlin said. "And I think that’s a recipe for him continuing to move along that path. I think we have that same desire for all our guys. We talk continually and openly about the growth and development of guys from Year 1 to Year 2. JuJu made a significant step. James Conner made a significant step. T.J. Watt made a significant step.

"It’s reasonable to additionally talk about those guys becoming perennial all-star contributors. I think that’s a realistic discussion. I know that those are some of the ways that we intend to challenge those guys."

As the (unofficial) No. 1, Smith-Schuster will get every chance to meet those challenges.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/30511/steelers-want-juju-smith-schuster-to-continue-on-own-career-arc

Steel Maniac
04-03-2019, 09:21 PM
what really happened is Brown and his agent got greedy and concocted a plan to get out of town and get one last massive contract. Now he two recent contracts with all that guaranteed money. And he was able to negotiate himself into a massive payday not a year too late. He did so with shady, divisive and unethical methods. That’s end of story. Didn’t have anything to do with Ben.

Boom..... and throw in seeing Juju being a better locker room guy then him & seeing juju being a real factor in the future as a reciever.