PDA

View Full Version : If tomlin gets an extension

squidkid
03-10-2019, 08:16 PM
This year before he has the opportunity to make obvious, needed changes, this team is in big trouble.
Even the biggest Tomlin fangirls can't justify an extension considering what has occurred.

pittpete
03-10-2019, 08:17 PM
LOL, i agree with that....
No playoffs, time for a change

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2019, 08:20 PM
I do believe this will will be a make or break year for Tomlin...

Ernie
03-10-2019, 08:31 PM
i agree we are in need of a change of scenery.. with that being said.. im glad we can finally put the AB and Bell drama behind us so tomlin will at least have a chance of righting the ship

NorthCoast
03-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Wait a minute.

Even the Fire Tomlin Now crowd claimed 3 months ago that losing AB is a reason a new coach might not make the playoffs. Now Tomlin doesn't get the same sway?

Terrapin
03-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Wait a minute.

Even the Fire Tomlin Now crowd claimed 3 months ago that losing AB is a reason a new coach might not make the playoffs. Now Tomlin doesn't get the same sway?

Um, you realize that Tomlin is a major factor in why AB is gone? No, Tomlin doesn't get the leeway that a new coach would, since he's a big cause of this implosion

Buzz
03-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Chances are good that the team posts another non-losing season and Tomlin gets extended. The only way it changes is if the Rooneys see a significant drop in revenue, IMO. Not that I'll necessarily agree with it, but that's how I think it will play out.

NorthCoast
03-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Um, you realize that Tomlin is a major factor in why AB is gone? No, Tomlin doesn't get the leeway that a new coach would, since he's a big cause of this implosion

No. AB is a major reason why AB is gone.

steelz09
03-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Chances are good that the team posts another non-losing season and Tomlin gets extended. The only way it changes is if the Rooneys see a significant drop in revenue, IMO. Not that I'll necessarily agree with it, but that's how I think it will play out.

Goes to show you what the Rooney's really care about. Idk about you but the past few years, I've seen a whole lot of empty seats at the end of games, boos, and disgruntled fans.

I know one thing, I refuse to travel to Pittsburgh and spend $1,000 over a weekend to watch this dumpster fire of a team led by Tomlin.

The Rooney's might make their money regardless but I won't be contributing to it.

squidkid
03-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Goes to show you what the Rooney's really care about. Idk about you but the past few years, I've seen a whole lot of empty seats at the end of games, boos, and disgruntled fans.

I know one thing, I refuse to travel to Pittsburgh and spend $1,000 over a weekend to watch this dumpster fire of a team led by Tomlin.

The Rooney's might make their money regardless but I won't be contributing to it.

I opted out of buying any NFL merchandise years ago and last year refused to waste my money going to a game and supporting the franchise or area businesses.
My evaluation of the team was spot on and I'm glad I didn't go.
Unfortunately the empty seats are paid in full and their is a waiting list for years and years so Rooney doesnt really care.

Oviedo
03-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Can't wait till he gets extended

Moonie
03-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Tomlin is not a factor in why Brown is a gone-jagoff.

squidkid
03-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Can't wait till he gets extended

I can't wait to remind you how right I was and wrong you have been....

squidkid
03-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Tomlin is not a factor in why Brown is a gone-jagoff.

Lol......is that your Rooney impersonation?

Oh wow
03-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Fans wanted AB gone and now they are upset because he is gone.

Make up your minds.

I loved AB on the field but he wore out his welcome.

It’s not the first time a WR left Pittsburgh.

Ernie
03-10-2019, 09:25 PM

Make up your minds.

I loved AB on the field but he wore out his welcome.

Itís not the first time a WR left Pittsburgh.

exactly. up until the ward contract.. we went a long time without giving a wr a 2nd contract. we will be fine. this draft is loaded with wr talent..and we are the best in the league at finding it

steelz09
03-10-2019, 09:28 PM
I opted out of buying any NFL merchandise years ago and last year refused to waste my money going to a game and supporting the franchise or area businesses.
My evaluation of the team was spot on and I'm glad I didn't go.
Unfortunately the empty seats are paid in full and their is a waiting list for years and years so Rooney doesnt really care.

They still don't make as much money if people dont show. Less people in the stadium = less money.

I have taken the same approach as you. I refuse to spend a bunch of money supporting this franchise until the Rooney's smarten up and make the required changes.

squidkid
03-10-2019, 09:42 PM

Make up your minds.

It’s not the first time a WR left Pittsburgh.

wrong again.
fans wanted him gone for the right compensation
some fans wanted him to stay
fans wanted colbert to keep his word

their isnt a smart steeler fans that wanted him traded for what we got

Oh wow
03-10-2019, 09:52 PM
wrong again.
fans wanted him gone for the right compensation
some fans wanted him to stay
fans wanted colbert to keep his word

their isnt a smart steeler fans that wanted him traded for what we got

Keep AB and what? Spoil the locker room? Eat his money while not playing him? Keep him around and complain about Tomlin not having control?

Sometimes you have to cut your losses. We didn’t get a first but we can move up in the draft and hopefully fill a void.

Ernie
03-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Keep AB and what? Spoil the locker room? Eat his money while not playing him? Keep him around and complain about Tomlin not having control?

Sometimes you have to cut your losses. We didnít get a first but we can move up in the draft and hopefully fill a void.

as deep as this year's draft is in several key positions.. i think a high 3rd and high 5th hold some value.. esp at wr and rb

honestly id be fine with taking wrs with both of ABs trade picks and be confident that we will have something solid to work with

squidkid
03-10-2019, 10:17 PM

Sometimes you have to cut your losses. We didn’t get a first but we can move up in the draft and hopefully fill a void.

rooney said no drama, no circus
colbert said tomlin is great with players egos
tomlin said he is responsible for culture
so why not keep him?
we are already eating his money and he is playing for another team. i just read that the steelers also agreed to pay extra money to trade him.
play him and fine him for his behavior, recoup money for next year
i dont see trading away picks with as many voids as we have

pittpete
03-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Should they have said OMG its a circus here, lets sell the team because we suddenly cant run an organization?

Sugar
03-11-2019, 09:17 AM
I don't see why the Rooney's wouldn't extend one of the better coaches in the league. Of course, I'm not a "fangirl" so maybe that's why I'm missing it? I've said before and I'll say again that I've seen nothing that indicates to me that Rooney will differ from his dad when it comes to keeping coaches in place. Unless Tomlin starts having back-to-back-to-back losing seasons, he's probably here for as long as he wants to be.

Steel Maniac
03-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Sugar, you don't see Rooney not giving Tomlin an extension and letting him play out his contract as a sign?

SS Laser
03-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Sugar, you don't see Rooney not giving Tomlin an extension and letting him play out his contract as a sign?
When do they normally do the HC extensions? Has that point passed yet? Plenty of time yet to do it. IF he does play out his contract for 2019, that does raise an eyebrow.

Steel Maniac
03-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Second to last year is when they usually do it. You don't let a head coach become a lame duck coach because it usually sends a wrong message to the rest of the team. Unless that coach is on the hot seat..then you let him just play out his contract.

squidkid
03-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Should they have said OMG its a circus here, lets sell the team because we suddenly cant run an organization?

whats wrong with, ' im disappointed with the season. there are several things that need to change. i will take a hard look at our coaches and players. we need individuals in those positions with the right attitude and desire. we need top get back to steeler football.?

even if nothing changes, it gives us the impression that he cares and will look into it.

instead we get, 'i dont know why people think we are a circus. 2 seasons ago we went 13-3. how can you be 13-3 and be a circus. we almost made the playoffs this year'
that gives the impression that he thinks everything is fine just the way it is.

what scares me is it now appears thats what he really thinks. they let 2 bum coaches contracts run out................thats it

squidkid
03-11-2019, 10:50 AM
When do they normally do the HC extensions? Has that point passed yet? Plenty of time yet to do it. IF he does play out his contract for 2019, that does raise an eyebrow.

it should.............

SS Laser
03-11-2019, 10:59 AM
whats wrong with, ' im disappointed with the season. there are several things that need to change. i will take a hard look at our coaches and players. we need individuals in those positions with the right attitude and desire. we need top get back to steeler football.?

even if nothing changes, it gives us the impression that he cares and will look into it.

instead we get, 'i dont know why people think we are a circus. 2 seasons ago we went 13-3. how can you be 13-3 and be a circus. we almost made the playoffs this year'
that gives the impression that he thinks everything is fine just the way it is.

what scares me is it now appears thats what he really thinks. they let 2 bum coaches contracts run out................thats it
The circus for the most part was traded to Oakland. Bell is a FA.
There circus mostly over. It's never going to be perfect in a locker room. Huge money can cause problems. I see your points and see why the FO said that. Maybe there was 3 problem players out of 53. I don't see a circus either.

Sugar
03-11-2019, 01:05 PM

The last time they did his extension was in August of 2017, so it really doesn't surprise me that they haven't done anything yet.

squidkid
03-11-2019, 10:15 PM
The circus for the most part was traded to Oakland. Bell is a FA.
There circus mostly over. It's never going to be perfect in a locker room. Huge money can cause problems. I see your points and see why the FO said that. Maybe there was 3 problem players out of 53. I don't see a circus either.

You must not have read a paper, turned on the TV or surfed the internet the past year....we dominate the NFL discussions. And not in a good way.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-11-2019, 10:27 PM
You must not have read a paper, turned on the TV or surfed the internet the past year....we dominate the NFL discussions. And not in a good way.

it really is amazing that some refuse to even acknowledge a hint of dysfunction after what we have seen in the last 18 months or more

players sleeping in meetings, quitting on games, filming in the locker room, trashing the coach, trashing teammates, and many more that i dont even want to type out because it falls on deaf ears anyway

tomlins seat is hotter right now that some want to admit

NorthCoast
03-11-2019, 11:18 PM

You certainly haven't believed all the positive things the media had to say about the Steelers org or Tomlin over the last 10 yrs, why should you believe them now when it has turned negative?

Steel Maniac
03-11-2019, 11:27 PM
it really is amazing that some refuse to even acknowledge a hint of dysfunction after what we have seen in the last 18 months or more

players sleeping in meetings, quitting on games, filming in the locker room, trashing the coach, trashing teammates, and many more that i dont even want to type out because it falls on deaf ears anyway

I know Eddie. Itís amazing the denial we have in this room. We even got guys who think coaching isnít as important as players. Iíve decided to make some changes to this poster room.. for the better.

pittpete
03-12-2019, 08:46 AM

Hopefully Tomlin has learned from this experience..
He better have if he wants to be around in 3 years.

Eich
03-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Hopefully Tomlin has learned from this experience..
He better have if he wants to be around in 3 years.

Maybe Tomlin isn't the least bit worried. Everyone else seems to want to be out of Pittsburgh to make more money. Maybe Tomlin will be next. Is there anyone who thinks Tomlin would be unemployed for more than a month if he gets the axe?

Disco1981
03-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Maybe Tomlin isn't the least bit worried. Everyone else seems to want to be out of Pittsburgh to make more money. Maybe Tomlin will be next. Is there anyone who thinks Tomlin would be unemployed for more than a month if he gets the axe?

Good...Maybe he needs a fresh start, and so do we...His " way " no longer works here

Steel Maniac
03-12-2019, 12:26 PM

Oh, he'll be employed. No doubt. Jim Caldwell got another job. So what does that mean that just because he's immediately hired, doesn't mean your really good. Norv Turner was rehired a couple of times. What did that prove?

Steel Maniac
03-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Good...Maybe he needs a fresh start, and so do we...His " way " no longer works here

I'd love for him to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Shawn
03-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Chances are good that the team posts another non-losing season and Tomlin gets extended. The only way it changes is if the Rooneys see a significant drop in revenue, IMO. Not that I'll necessarily agree with it, but that's how I think it will play out.. Agreed and Tomlin isnít going anywhere. Do I think itís time for a change? Probably, but Iím curious to see how Tomlin responds to the recent issues. Another year of missing the playoffs and another year of drama and I would pull the trigger. I think itís unlikely he can right this ship on both fronts. But I want to give him that chance.

pittpete
03-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Oh, he'll be employed. No doubt. Jim Caldwell got another job. So what does that mean that just because he's immediately hired, doesn't mean your really good. Norv Turner was rehired a couple of times. What did that prove?

Norv Turner is an offensive play calling coach.
What does Tomlin bring to another team is the question?

squidkid
03-12-2019, 02:16 PM
You certainly haven't believed all the positive things the media had to say about the Steelers org or Tomlin over the last 10 yrs, why should you believe them now when it has turned negative?

lol...................keep your head in the sand.
we are the laughing stock of the nfl. if that doesnt bother you, you arent much of a fan or man

squidkid
03-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Norv Turner is an offensive play calling coach.
What does Tomlin bring to another team is the question?

players like him.

SS Laser
03-12-2019, 02:33 PM

sleeping in meetings was 2017 James Harrison. Not last year. He gone. Filming in locker room was AB 3 seasons ago now? He gone. Trashing coach? How? A 2sec AB/Harrison laughing at a press conference? I would love the many more so I can laugh at those also. I am not versed enough being born in 1977. With the supreme craziness that went on in 76 I think it has been referred to. Shooting at Helicopter. Suing head coach.
other nonsense.
I don't think Tomlin needs or will be fired. BUT I feel IF the FO see's there next HC out there go get him. Tomlin is getting long in the tooth. I see points for and against. But don't attack me with very weak arguments. Bring you big boy pants. And FOOTBALL points. And I agree Tomlin falls short in many categories. But so does every other head coach in the League is how I see it.

NorthCoast
03-12-2019, 06:02 PM
lol...................keep your head in the sand.
we are the laughing stock of the nfl. if that doesnt bother you, you arent much of a fan or man

Latest I am reading is the Steelers did as well as they could with the dual turds of rosenhaus and AB orchestrating this trade.

Wondering exactly why you continue to follow a team that brings you such misery.