PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Hunt

Disco1981
02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Signed by Browns...Him and Chubb...If they get a good WR or too...Look out!

Buzz
02-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Of course, no one knows whether Hunt will even be playing in 2019 (likely suspension).

Oviedo
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
What do they have to lose. If cleared from suspension they have a dynamic talent.

You have to admit that the Browns seem to have finally figured it out. They are loaded with talent, but being able to draft in the Top 5 for a decade would yield talent for anyone.

However, it all falls apart of Mayfield doesn't take a step forward in Year 2.

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
We now get 4 chances each season now to inflict pain upon scumbag RB's Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt.

I'd offer Cleveland a day 3 draft pick for Duke Johnson. Conner, Duke, and Samuels would be a quality RB corps.

Steel Maniac
02-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Browns are loading up. They are on their way to being the favorite in our division if they add a couple of WR's.

Northern_Blitz
02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Of course, no one knows whether Hunt will even be playing in 2019 (likely suspension).

I was thinking this before hearing he got signed. I wonder if the Browns had a chat with the Commish before inking him?

Ernie
02-11-2019, 04:26 PM
wow.........

Ernie
02-11-2019, 04:28 PM
We now get 4 chances each season now to inflict pain upon scumbag RB's Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt.

I'd offer Cleveland a day 3 draft pick for Duke Johnson. Conner, Duke, and Samuels would be a quality RB corps.

while we could potentially get to play with one every game (AB) lol

steeler_george
02-11-2019, 05:30 PM

I was thinking Duke all the while hearing about this...

a 3rd is too too high to give up thoough

Steel Maniac
02-11-2019, 05:56 PM
I'm not that impressed with Duke. But he's looking like the odd man out once Hunt completes his 6 game suspension.

steeler_george
02-11-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm not that impressed with Duke. But he's looking like the odd man out once Hunt completes his 6 game suspension.

He is good at what he is a 3rd down back who can run between the tackles, and most important depth.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-11-2019, 06:56 PM
I was thinking this before hearing he got signed. I wonder if the Browns had a chat with the Commish before inking him?

Even if he is suspended they don't pay him and the contract begins one year later, or whenever the suspension ends. Much the same way that the Steelers did not have to account for Bryant during his suspension and an extra year was added before he could hit free agency.

Steel Maniac
02-11-2019, 07:52 PM
That’s looking ahead by the browns. Nothing wrong in that.

hawaiiansteel
02-11-2019, 08:54 PM
so the Browns signed a new kicker, huh?

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2019, 12:56 AM
I was thinking Duke all the while hearing about this...

a 3rd is too too high to give up thoough

A day 3 draft pick, not a 3rd round draft pick. I was thinking perhaps one of our two 6th round picks.

Disco1981
02-12-2019, 03:44 AM
A day 3 draft pick, not a 3rd round draft pick. I was thinking perhaps one of our two 6th round picks.

That sounds quite a bit more realistic

steeler_george
02-12-2019, 04:57 AM

AHHH, I need glasses!

After thinking about it, they are not going to get rid of Duke....

Hunt is going to suspended up to 10 games and without pay. This is a future move for 2020-21 to keep his rights.

Too bad his first name wasn't Mike, " Mike Hunt goes deep"...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I guess we can scratch Bell signing with them...

Steel Maniac
02-12-2019, 09:46 AM
I don’t think Hunt is going to do more then 6 games. Why? Well hes going to do all the community service stuff plus he’s missed a number of games all ready. He’ll show remorse and the second chance people are already starting his campaign.

phillyesq
02-12-2019, 10:31 AM
For years, the Bengals tried to build a team with talented, low character guys. The Joe Mixon's and Burfict's of the world. It never worked for them. I actually see this as a step in the wrong direction for the Browns. It may have a short term payoff, but ultimately, I don't think this helps them.

Oviedo
02-12-2019, 12:05 PM
For years, the Bengals tried to build a team with talented, low character guys. The Joe Mixon's and Burfict's of the world. It never worked for them. I actually see this as a step in the wrong direction for the Browns. It may have a short term payoff, but ultimately, I don't think this helps them.

I agree but losers like the Bumgals and Browns view the world differently. They are so desperate for success they will sell their souls to get one or two years of success...and their fans will support them 100%

Ghost
02-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Not sure how indignant we can get as fans - Michael Vick was a Pittsburgh Steeler. Hard to not get into a hypocrisy pretzel saying he deserved a second chance but no one else does.

Eich
02-13-2019, 09:49 AM
Not sure how indignant we can get as fans - Michael Vick was a Pittsburgh Steeler. Hard to not get into a hypocrisy pretzel saying he deserved a second chance but no one else does.

And boy was that an exercise in poor judgement. Not only was Vick useless at that time, the team was roasted - or even boycotted - by many fans for bringing him in.

Steel Maniac
02-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Well, if we had signed Hunt , it wouldn’t have been a bad move to me. But that’s neither here or there now. Browns will have a devestating one , two punch late in the season when Hunt is active.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Kareem Hunt suspended eight games

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2019, 10:08 AM EDT

Browns running back Kareem Hunt will be suspended for the first half of the 2019 NFL season.

Hunt has been suspended eight games after video emerged showing a violent incident with a woman.

The Chiefs immediately released Hunt after the video came out, and the team said Hunt had lied to them about the nature of the incident. Despite the video of him shoving and kicking the woman, Hunt was never arrested and is not facing criminal charges.

The NFL said the suspension is both for that incident, and for a separate incident in June. Hunt is not appealing the suspension. He will be permitted to participate in the Browns’ offseason program.

The Browns signed Hunt, a Cleveland native, this offseason. On the field, he’ll be an important part of an offense that suddenly looks like it could have the best collection of skill position playmakers in football. Off the field, Hunt has a long way to go to repair his image.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/15/kareem-hunt-suspended-eight-games/

Steel Maniac
03-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I was reading that. That's about what we thought. But I think he can get it reduced if he does the right things along the way. He'll probably ask to try and get it down to 6 games. He says he won't appeal but we'll see.

He's going to give them fresh legs down the stretch. That's for sure.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2019, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I was reading that. That's about what we thought. But I think he can get it reduced if he does the right things along the way. He'll probably ask to try and get it down to 6 games. He says he won't appeal but we'll see.

He's going to give them fresh legs down the stretch. That's for sure.

I bet you're right.

I think it will be kind of like Ben's suspension that way.

Hoping that it takes a while for their team to gel with so many new players. And that the Browns keep finding ways to be the Browns.

pittpete
03-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Hopefully some domestic abuse groups get involved and he's out for the year....
Ray Rice was banned from the NFL for a similiar incident.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Tyreek Hill was never suspended by the NFL. Joe Mixon was never suspended by the NFL.

Iron Shiek
03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Tyreek Hill was never suspended by the NFL. Joe Mixon was never suspended by the NFL.

Neither were NFL employees at the time, unlike Ray Rice...not that it should matter, but the NFL uses weird logic

pittpete
03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Dont believe there was video of Hills incident
Mixon wasnt an NFL player at the time of his incident(not down playing it)

Steel Maniac
03-15-2019, 02:10 PM

What Tyreek Hill did was worse then what Hunt did. Not even close. Yet, not a peep from those groups who love to make noise about this kind of thing.

pittpete
03-15-2019, 02:19 PM
If it was on video it would Steel.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2019, 03:21 PM

That seems to be the metric the NFL uses.

Steel Maniac
03-15-2019, 03:28 PM

Probably....

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Duke Johnson not at first day of voluntary workouts

Posted by Charean Williams on April 1, 2019, 2:43 PM EDT

Running back Duke Johnson joined defensive lineman Emmanuel Ogbah in skipping the start of the Browns’ voluntary offseason program, coach Freddie Kitchens said.

“It’s what he chose to do,” Kitchens said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “It’s all voluntary.”

Kitchens said he did not know if Johnson’s absence was in response to the Browns’ signing of Kareem Hunt, who is expected to backup Nick Chubb when he returns from an eight-game suspension.

Three teams reportedly showed interest in trading for Johnson, including the Cowboys and Eagles. Philadelphia, though, filled its need with a trade with Chicago for Jordan Howard.

Kitchens addressed the trade rumors at the NFL owners meetings last week.

“I don’t know why it’s assumed that we’re going to trade Duke Johnson,” Kitchens said. “I don’t know why we would ever want to, like, just voluntarily give up a good football player. Duke Johnson is a good football player.

“Duke Johnson will have a role on our football team. All these guys that are here will have a role. I don’t when it just became a necessity to trade Duke Johnson because we signed Kareem Hunt. And I know I’ve heard that a lot. I just don’t respond to it until somebody asks me. I don’t know why we would voluntarily do that.”

Kitchens said he would play all three backs when Hunt returns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/01/duke-johnson-not-at-first-day-of-voluntary-workouts/

Oh wow
04-01-2019, 04:09 PM
so it begins... lol.

Stain it up!!!!

brothervad
04-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Morgan Burnett for Duke Johnson straight up.

I am just kidding btw...

Brothervad

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Duke Johnson asks to be traded
By Michael David Smith | Apr 1, 2019, 5:40 PM EDT

When Browns running back Duke Johnson didn’t show up to the first day of voluntary offseason work, it naturally fueled the talk that had already begun that he could be traded. It appears a trade is exactly what Johnson wants.

Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports that Johnson’s representatives have asked the Browns to trade him.

The Jets, Texans and Eagles are among the teams reportedly showing interest.

The Browns chose Johnson in the third round of the 2015 NFL draft. Less than a year ago, they signed him to a three-year, $15.6 million contract extension, and it appeared that he was in the Browns’ plans for the long run. But although he played all 16 games last season, he didn’t get a lot of involvement in the offense, carrying just 40 times for 201 yards and adding 47 catches for 429 yards. Johnson is a good receiver and could yield a draft pick in a trade with a team that wants a versatile running back. It appears his future will not be in Cleveland.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Browns trade DE Ogbah to Chiefs for S Murray

The Cleveland Browns traded defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah to the Kansas City Chiefs for safety Eric Murray on Monday.

Ogbah didn't report for the start of the Browns' offseason program Monday in anticipation of being traded.

"Ogbah didn't show, and I'd rather talk about the guys that are here," Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said. I'm sure he's got his reasons. I don't know."

Emmanuel Ogbah did not report to the Browns' offseason program Monday in anticipation of being traded, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Breeland Speaks and Alex Okafor are the Chiefs' likely starters at defensive end. Ogbah could provide some much-needed depth.

Ogbah, 25, was drafted in the second round (32nd overall) of the 2016 draft and has 12.5 sacks in three seasons with the team. He started all 40 games he played for the Browns.

In 14 games last season, he had three sacks and 40 tackles.

Browns general manager John Dorsey was the Chiefs' GM in 2016 when the team drafted Murray in the fourth round (106th overall). Murray appeared in 15 games last season, making nine starts; he had an interception, two passes defended and 55 tackles. He has appeared in 45 games for the Chiefs in three seasons, making 11 starts.

The Browns had waived safety Derrick Kindred earlier Monday.

Kindred, 25, had 33 solo tackles, an interception and a forced fumble in 16 games for the Browns last season. Drafted in the fourth round in 2016 (129th overall), he appeared in 42 games with the Browns, including 17 starts.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26418056/browns-trade-de-ogbah-chiefs-s-murray

Steel Maniac
04-01-2019, 11:44 PM
That was a good get of Murray by the Browns.

Ernie
04-02-2019, 04:08 AM
so it begins... lol.

Stain it up!!!!

Looks like they are picking up where we left off lol

Steel Maniac
04-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Looks like they are picking up where we left off lol

how so exactly?

Oh wow
04-02-2019, 08:26 AM
how so exactly?
Players jealous of each other?

There may be too many “stars” on this Browns team. Definitely some selfish me first type players.