PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt... yet another Kardashians Comparison

Ernie
02-09-2019, 08:59 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/j-j-watt-compares-the-steelers-to-the-kardashians/

Keep in mind where JJ is getting his info from. It's not 2nd or 3rd hand..

NorthCoast
02-09-2019, 09:41 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/j-j-watt-compares-the-steelers-to-the-kardashians/

Keep in mind where JJ is getting his info from. It's not 2nd or 3rd hand..

uhh, this is not new.... JJ got it from the other JJ two months ago:

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2018/12/jesse-james-calls-2018-steelers-kardashians-considers-future-with-team.html

Ernie
02-09-2019, 10:49 AM
uhh, this is not new.... JJ got it from the other JJ two months ago:

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2018/12/jesse-james-calls-2018-steelers-kardashians-considers-future-with-team.html

Uh... it's pretty obvious you didn't read the article. The article clearly states where JJ is getting his info from... and its not Jessie James.

AzStillers1989
02-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Uhhh...uhhh....

Ernie
02-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Uhhh...uhhh....

say something intelligent AZ...

Ernie
02-09-2019, 11:46 AM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/j-j-watt-calls-pittsburgh-the-kardashians/

Steel Maniac
02-09-2019, 01:07 PM
There’s no point; people don’t want to believe that Tomlin lost control of his team. They just don’t.

RobinCole
02-09-2019, 01:11 PM
The Kardashian comparisons have become tiresome. There is nothing remotely analogous between the Ks and the NFL. Please stop it. Begin by dumping the players who are loose cannons and get ready for next year.

Ernie
02-09-2019, 06:38 PM
The Kardashian comparisons have become tiresome. There is nothing remotely analogous between the Ks and the NFL. Please stop it. Begin by dumping the players who are loose cannons and get ready for next year.

Im on board with that...

steeler_george
02-09-2019, 08:21 PM
he made a reference how his brother told him stuff, I wonder if there is even more dirt than is let out...

Ernie
02-10-2019, 05:39 AM
he made a reference how his brother told him stuff, I wonder if there is even more dirt than is let out...

There always is......

RobinCole
02-10-2019, 10:16 AM
On every team...hence the well-known maxim: “Keep it in the locker room”.

NorthCoast
02-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Guess some fans think an NFL locker is filled with a bunch of Boy Scouts... reciting the 12 scout laws.

Ernie
02-10-2019, 12:15 PM
I don't think that's the case... but it does appear that we are dominating the headlines as of late.

I did see an article a few weeks back from an anonymous source about Carson Wentz supposedly not being a good teammate... It was very quickly shot down though by several teammates...and the story basically disappeared by the next news cycle.

Mr.wizard
02-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Of course Brown and Bell are going to dominate the headlines. They are superstars who are most likely on the move, it will provide a ton of content in a long offseason.

steelz09
02-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Nothing to see hear

Clearly, TJ has an axe to grind

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

steelz09
02-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Janitors are pretty good at cleaning. Let's see if Mike Tomlin, the overpaid janitor, the fraud, can clean things up so we are no longer bp the drama queen Kardashians of the NFL.

Ernie
02-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Nothing to see hear

Clearly, TJ has an axe to grind

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yep... just like all the others.

Steel Maniac
02-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Ernie, Steelz09...stop it or the TTL are going to get after you. Oh, ..my mistake. They only get after posters who are not the owners of the website. Carry on. :smile:

Ernie
02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Ernie, Steelz09...stop it or the TTL are going to get after you. Oh, ..my mistake. They only get after posters who are not the owners of the website. Carry on. :smile:

Well I guess that just leaves me then... lol

I don't mind giving Tomlin a hard time when I think he deserves it, but I'll also give him credit where credit is due.

I personally hope they ship AB down the road so that he has a chance to regain control of the locker room. If they fired MT tomorrow, I'd be fine with that... but I want to see him set up for success if he's going to be here.

SS Laser
02-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Besides Belicheat, who is the better coach or coaches in Tomlin's time line? I am really interested in a civil discussion. Not much chance in that I figure. For the record I am in the middle I don't think he is a
"janitor". But does have issues. I can only really compare him to Cowher etc. As I was to young for the end of Noll

tiproast
02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Besides Belicheat, who is the better coach or coaches in Tomlin's time line? I am really interested in a civil discussion. Not much chance in that I figure. For the record I am in the middle I don't think he is a
"janitor". But does have issues. I can only really compare him to Cowher etc. As I was to young for the end of Noll

There isn't a better coach, but Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh and Sean Payton all have similar regular season and post-season records in similar time-frames. Tomlin's regular season record, however, sets him apart a little from the other three.

An interesting thing to do is go to the
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ coaches section and sort by conference championships.

What's you'll see is that it's really hard to win more than one conference championship. Other than BB, the only active coaches with 2 are Tomlin and Carroll (I don't count John Fox as an active coach).

SS Laser
02-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Well thanks for the info. Thanks for doing the leg work sir. And I will even give you a congrats on #6. I am sure during the Steelers dynasty I feel like Raiders fans etc. who had championship caliber teams that did win enough while the Steelers had there dynasty.
I still contend that Ben, Cowher, Tomlin needed a championship caliber defense to win the big games. So my complaint of Tomlin along with the FO has failed at rebuilding that defense quick enough.
Not that they have not tried. Just many things happened to keep setting the defense back each season. I also think they underestimated how good those super bowl defenses really were.

tiproast
02-12-2019, 05:57 AM
Well thanks for the info. Thanks for doing the leg work sir. And I will even give you a congrats on #6. I am sure during the Steelers dynasty I feel like Raiders fans etc. who had championship caliber teams that did win enough while the Steelers had there dynasty.
I still contend that Ben, Cowher, Tomlin needed a championship caliber defense to win the big games. So my complaint of Tomlin along with the FO has failed at rebuilding that defense quick enough.
Not that they have not tried. Just many things happened to keep setting the defense back each season. I also think they underestimated how good those super bowl defenses really were.

Thank you for the kind words.

I agree with you about the defense. As Captain Lemming has stated on this site many times, the defense starts with the secondary. If a team has a good secondary, that helps out the pass rush immensely. And if the defense with a good secondary can also shut down (or limit) the run, that's when mistakes can be forced.

It will be interesting to how the defensive coaching clinic put on by Wade Phillips and BB in the Super Bowl plays out in the upcoming draft. There may be a run on defensive players early. I think it would be great for the NFL if there was a shift away from the shootouts we saw last year to a more evenly balanced contest between the offenses and the defenses.

Edit: I guess you can also throw Mike McCarthy in with the other coaches who are roughly equivalent to Tomlin in terms of achievement. I just never really think of McCarthy as a coach doing anything other than rolling the ball out there and letting his QB win the games for him.

Northern_Blitz
02-12-2019, 10:10 AM
There isn't a better coach, but Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh and Sean Payton all have similar regular season and post-season records in similar time-frames. Tomlin's regular season record, however, sets him apart a little from the other three.

An interesting thing to do is go to the
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ coaches section and sort by conference championships.

What's you'll see is that it's really hard to win more than one conference championship. Other than BB, the only active coaches with 2 are Tomlin and Carroll (I don't count John Fox as an active coach).

Thanks tiproast.

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2014/09/The_More_You_Know/lead_720_405.png?mod=1533691703

Congrats on another win. Hope we can take the crown from you guys next year.

tiproast
02-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Congrats on another win. Hope we can take the crown from you guys next year.

Tante grazie for the congrazie.

I didn't think the Patriots would go far this year. Most of the 2018 draft class was on IR (5 players). With those five, plus 12 picks in the upcoming draft, plus trades and free agency, I expect the 2019 edition of the team to be very different. It will likely take some time to get everyone playing together, what with so many new players (and assistant coaches).

How many draft choices do the Steelers have this year?