PDA

View Full Version : Juju hurt at Probowl

Ernie
01-27-2019, 04:54 PM
Hopefully its not serious..

steelerkeylargo
01-27-2019, 07:37 PM
Hopefully its not serious..

Heard AB was seen in the tunnel with a bag of Banana's.

Buzz
01-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Heard AB was seen in the tunnel with a bag of Banana's.

Guess that means it WAS serious?

steelerkeylargo
01-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Guess that means it WAS serious?

Don't think so. Knee contusion

Buzz
01-27-2019, 08:19 PM
That's the report I saw. They expect him to be dancing soon.

SteelBucks
01-27-2019, 08:24 PM
This is why I privately hope no Steelers ever play in the Pro Bowl. The injury risk may be small but it’s there.

Ernie
01-27-2019, 08:41 PM
This is why I privately hope no Steelers ever play in the Pro Bowl. The injury risk may be small but it’s there.

yea.. imagine what the giants would say if Barkley got hurt playing middle linebacker... or the Saints with Kamara playing edge rusher?

Northern_Blitz
01-28-2019, 07:23 AM

It's silly that they play the game at all.

Just have them do the skills competition.

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2019, 12:12 PM
JuJu Smith-Schuster: Let’s stop all the BS and keep the guys on the team

Posted by Josh Alper on January 30, 2019, 11:08 AM EST

It wasn’t long ago that running back Le'Veon Bell and wide receiver Antonio Brown were sharing the field for the Steelers offense, but they may both be wearing other uniforms by the time the 2019 season gets underway.

The circumstances for the two players are different, but one of their Steelers teammates would like to see the team find a way to stop discarding players. Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster shared those thoughts with Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

“In my dream world, I would have Le’Veon Bell at running back with James Conner,” Smith-Schuster said. “I’d have AB stay on the other side. We’d win the Super Bowl with the guys that we have, the guys that we keep. Obviously it’s tough, situations like that you can’t control — Art Rooney and Mike Tomlin with that situation. For me, it’s moreso like let’s keep the guys on the team and win the Super Bowl. Let’s stop all the bulls–t.”

There appears to be almost no chance that Bell will be in Pittsburgh as anything but a visiting player in the future. There’s a lot more to play out on the Brown front, but Smith-Schuster may have to settle for the Steelers holding onto a new crop of teammates in the future.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/30/juju-smith-schuster-lets-stop-all-the-bs-and-keep-the-guys-on-the-team/

pittpete
01-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Sorry JuJu but little AB is butthurt that he isnt the lone star wideout any more...

steelz09
01-30-2019, 10:39 PM
If we lose AB and JuJu gets hurt, are we really ok with rolling with Washington and ?????? as our starting WRs?

That sounds like a brilliant idea.

Northern_Blitz
01-31-2019, 11:24 AM
If we lose AB and JuJu gets hurt, are we really ok with rolling with Washington and ?????? as our starting WRs?

That sounds like a brilliant idea.

I think this is why the team will work as hard as they can to keep Brown.

RuthlessBurgher
02-01-2019, 03:13 PM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Putting JuJu Smith-Schuster's early career success in perspective: His 11 career 100-yard receiving games ties Hall of Famer Randy Moss for most ever before a 23rd birthday, according to ESPN Stats of Information. And he's got until November 22 to break the tie.

2d

Northern_Blitz
02-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Putting JuJu Smith-Schuster's early career success in perspective: His 11 career 100-yard receiving games ties Hall of Famer Randy Moss for most ever before a 23rd birthday, according to ESPN Stats of Information. And he's got until November 22 to break the tie.

2d

JuJu seems like the real deal. Hopefully he plays a long time with the Steelers and stays healthy physically and mentally.

RuthlessBurgher
02-02-2019, 02:17 PM
By Michael David Smith
Feb 2, 2019, 6:15 AM EST
JuJu Smith-Schuster has surprised himself with his success

JuJu Smith-Schuster was voted the Steelers’ Most Valuable Player for the 2018 season, and he just turned 22 years old. Even he wasn’t expecting to play this well, this soon.

Smith-Schuster said on his visit to the PFT Live set on Radio Row that his accomplishments through two seasons have been, “Super, super higher than what I expected.”

Drafted to be, at best, a No. 2 receiver behind Antonio Brown, Smith-Schuster was surprised to see himself get so many passes thrown his way.

“I went into my rookie year, second round, drafted by the Steelers with a guy like AB on our team, I didn’t really [expect] to get the ball that much,” he said. “Year two it was kind of like, Wow, this is really happening.”

It really is happening, and although Smith-Schuster said he hopes Brown remains on the team in 2019, Smith-Schuster may be the No. 1 receiver in Pittsburgh going forward.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2019, 03:06 PM
JuJu Smith-Schuster says hit on Vontaze Burfict made Pittsburgh love him
By Michael David Smith | Feb 3, 2019, 7:48 AM EST

How much do Steelers fans hate Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict? So much that Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster says an illegal hit he put on Burfict was the play Steelers fans loved most.

Smith-Schuster said in his visit to the PFT Live set on Radio Row that of all the plays he’s made as a Steeler, the one that really made Steelers fans embrace him was a helmet-to-helmet hit that gave Burfict a concussion and gave Smith-Schuster a one-game suspension.

“The biggest one of all was the Burfict hit. That one right there grabbed the whole Steeler nation. They wrapped me in their arms,” Smith-Schuster said.

Asked if that made the hit worth the money it cost him, Smith-Schuster answered, “Yes, it was.”

Those comments won’t endear Smith-Schuster to the league office, which wants players to stop celebrating hits to the head of their opponents. But Steelers fans will love it.