PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald??? - - - - And more about how to make this O still run w/o AB in it

Sager
01-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Anybody for bringing Larry Fitz back to the Burgh if AB goes? Latest is saying Larry is uncertain of wanting to play in ARI another year. He's still got it, posting 69/734/6 on a horrid ARI team and QB play. Fitz has got to be dying for another chance at a Super Bowl, and a return back to the Burgh and playing with Ben ought to be a very favorable sight for him. It'd sure be a hell of a statement on character from the Rooney camp going from AB to Fitz:p I'm sure Ben would love Fitz in the red-zone and Juju would love learning from another great. Gives us another year to decide what we have in Washington and if we do need to draft a WR or not. Would be great focusing on CB, OLB, MLB, and OL early in the draft and not have to worry about replacing AB.

This thread was made more for ideas on how this offense will run without AB commanding triple-teams every play too. Juju may have won MVP, but if AB goes, this offense is gonna have to get creative to stay elite.

steeler_george
01-13-2019, 01:48 PM
I would love to have Fitz, but that guy is almost the states person now for AZ, and I am talking about the whole state of AZ. I don't see him leaving at any price even if it is for a chance to compete for superbowl.

I am not sure if Fitz , now in this point of his career, still demands double coverage. If we lose AB, we need to make this offense Run heavy and 2 TE sets... just look at the Colts team this year ( I know that offense sucked vs KC). In other words, we need to be steady and basic ( but not stale), stop with gun slinging chance taking.

Disco1981
01-13-2019, 02:09 PM
I would love to have Fitz, but that guy is almost the states person now for AZ, and I am talking about the whole state of AZ. I don't see him leaving at any price even if it is for a chance to compete for superbowl.

I am not sure if Fitz , now in this point of his career, still demands double coverage. If we lose AB, we need to make this offense Run heavy and 2 TE sets... just look at the Colts team this year ( I know that offense sucked vs KC). In other words, we need to be steady and basic ( but not stale), stop with gun slinging chance taking.

Agreed...But, If you signed Fitz and found a better, more athletic pass catching 2nd TE than James...This offense would still be very good!

It would look different, not as " flashy " ...But with Ben, Conner, JuJu,Fitz , Washington ( still think he's gonna be tough " The 2 athletic TE's...This offense will have more than enough firepower

NorthCoast
01-13-2019, 04:45 PM
No thanks. At this point in his career Fitz is a possession receiver and the Steelers have those already.
Plus I dislike the short term focus. Find young talent in the draft. The Steelers have proved they excel at WR evaluation. Go get a 3rd or 4th rounder and focus on defense in 1 & 2.

Starlifter
01-14-2019, 01:00 AM
i'm not in favor of players in their last years.

that being said - if the price was right, there might be an argument here.

let's speculate that Ben has 2 more good years. maybe more, but let's say 2. what's wrong with putting experienced quality players around him for those two years? if the price was right, there's not a lot of downside. It's why I suggested Suggs in another thread. we need help NOW. the Steelers don't have 3-4 years to develop more talent. I say give Ben the pieces to win next year. we'll have time to regroup in 2022.

Steel Maniac
01-14-2019, 02:01 AM
No...........

Iron City Inc.
01-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Does anyone not like Fitz? However at this stage of his career ,his talent level today and what the cost would be I would have to pass.

Shawn
01-17-2019, 12:08 AM
Cheap enough price? How does it serve the Steelers not to do their due diligence? Kick the tires, change of scenery...bet he has a couple 1000+ yard years left in him .

ikestops85
01-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Does anyone not like Fitz? However at this stage of his career ,his talent level today and what the cost would be I would have to pass.

I'm sure you would find people on here that would not like him. :rolleyes: