PDA

View Full Version : Greg Williams

pittpete
01-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Now that he's out at Cleveland can we bring him in for a look?

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Now that he's out at Cleveland can we bring him in for a look?

only if Tomlin fired Keith Butler, which looks highly unlikely at this point.

Buzz
01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
He'd be an upgrade from what we have at DC. That said, I don't think it happens.

pittpete
01-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Another year of Butler the clown

Ernie
01-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Another year of Butler the clown

yep.. at least we will be ready for Tyler eifert though lol

Oviedo
01-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Unfortunately it appears Butler may survive. Cant understand why unless Art Rooney feels he owes loyalty because Butler stuck around and turned down opportunities when they kept zLeBeau around

SteelBucks
01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
He’ll never live down the New Orleans bounty scandal.

NorthCoast
01-09-2019, 06:40 PM
CLE cleaned house; OL coach, DC, TE coach, ST coach (sucked worse than D Smith).

Northern_Blitz
01-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately it appears Butler may survive. Cant understand why unless Art Rooney feels he owes loyalty because Butler stuck around and turned down opportunities when they kept zLeBeau around

I don't think it's the right decision, but I think the arguement for not firing him is that (1) he was hired to increase sacks and (2) he improved sacks by ~ 20 in his first year and maintained that level in his second.

I think the LB on WR thing is enough to fire him, but if I was him I'd be pointing hard at the sacks.

NorthCoast
01-09-2019, 06:56 PM
I don't think it's the right decision, but I think the arguement for not firing him is that (1) he was hired to increase sacks and (2) he improved sacks by ~ 20 in his first year and maintained that level in his second.

I think the LB on WR thing is enough to fire him, but if I was him I'd be pointing hard at the sacks.

Really good point Northern.
Talk about that at my company. Plant managers are paid for hitting certain metrics. But those metrics might not mesh with others. They get paid.... you don't.

Oviedo
01-09-2019, 07:17 PM

fordfixer
01-09-2019, 07:44 PM
I really don’t understand how Danny Smith still has his job. SMH

NorthCoast
01-09-2019, 07:56 PM
You do remember Greg William's defense was shamed by a rookie QB that can't read a defense and ran wild all day?