PDA

View Full Version : Munch

Disco1981
01-09-2019, 01:19 PM
IS BACK! Fangio hired at Denver...Now give him a raise and a promotion!

rpmpit
01-09-2019, 01:23 PM
IS BACK! Fangio hired at Denver...Now give him a raise and a promotion!
Was that his only option/interview? Can't imagine other teams won't be interested.

Disco1981
01-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Was that his only option/interview? Can't imagine other teams won't be interested.

Yes...That I know of

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Miami also requested an interview, but he turned them down.

He was apparently only interested in going to Denver since his daughter and granddaughter live there.

Eich
01-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Whew. Finally, some good news.

Steel Maniac
01-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Great news.

SteelBucks
01-09-2019, 02:16 PM
You watch. Tomlin will fire him. Promote Danny Smith to OL coach. ;)

It’s great that Munchak is back.

Disco1981
01-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Now let's go get Gregg Williams as DC...Canned by Browns...He did to well there, Screwed up their draft slotting...They didn't like that!

papillon
01-09-2019, 10:55 PM
Now if AB would get his panties untwisted and come in and talk to Tomlin, Colbert and Rooney and work things out, the off-season will be off to a good start. If Butler stays, I hope they also keep the guy they brought in late in the season to help, the defense seemed to respond to him.

Pappy

winwithd
01-09-2019, 11:06 PM
Now if AB would get his panties untwisted and come in and talk to Tomlin, Colbert and Rooney and work things out, the off-season will be off to a good start. If Butler stays, I hope they also keep the guy they brought in late in the season to help, the defense seemed to respond to him.

Pappy

Wasn't that guy that they brought in a LB coach? Got an opening there with Porter gone.

Ernie
01-10-2019, 07:11 AM

Pappy

If AB is allowed to stay on the team after mocking Tomlin on social media, I think there's very little chance for a positive outcome...

Steel Maniac
01-10-2019, 09:30 AM
AB isn’t coming back.

Oviedo
01-10-2019, 10:10 AM
AB isn’t coming back.

Im not 100% sold that is true. They aren't going to give AB away. The return has to be right

Eich
01-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Im not 100% sold that is true. They aren't going to give AB away. The return has to be right

You may be right but I think he's done in Pittsburgh. But let's say that the return isn't "right" and AB stays. I wonder if the Steelers will make some kind of example of him when the season starts? Surely, they can't just trot him out as the starting wide receiver after his absurdly childish, selfish, idiotic behavior? What kind of message does that send to the team?

Oviedo
01-10-2019, 12:44 PM
You may be right but I think he's done in Pittsburgh. But let's say that the return isn't "right" and AB stays. I wonder if the Steelers will make some kind of example of him when the season starts? Surely, they can't just trot him out as the starting wide receiver after his absurdly childish, selfish, idiotic behavior? What kind of message does that send to the team?

When the season begins it is about winning. They aren't going to go out of their way to torture AB or get payback. That is counter productive to the goal. They will do whatever possible to get him back on the road between the guardrails

Ernie
01-10-2019, 01:02 PM
When the season begins it is about winning. They aren't going to go out of their way to torture AB or get payback. That is counter productive to the goal. They will do whatever possible to get him back on the road between the guardrails

and history has proven some guys can't be saved... ie martavis Bryant... Josh gordon.. etc. granted those are substance cases... but ABs problems are just as severe (albeit different)

fordfixer
01-10-2019, 02:27 PM
According to Peter King AB wants to stay with the Steelers

Steel Maniac
01-10-2019, 03:05 PM
According to Peter King AB wants to stay with the Steelers

He should of thought of that before he clowned his boss.

Ernie
01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
He should of thought of that before he clowned his boss.

yea........

pittpete
01-10-2019, 03:26 PM
and history has proven some guys can't be saved... ie martavis Bryant... Josh gordon.. etc. granted those are substance cases... but ABs problems are just as severe (albeit different)

Difference is, the NFL won't suspend AB for acting like a prima donna.

Ernie
01-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Difference is, the NFL won't suspend AB for acting like a prima donna.

that's true.. but his behavior will prove just as detrimental to the team.
. and that's all that matters to me

pittpete
01-10-2019, 03:29 PM
Possibly.
Hopefully they can get over this and make amends.

steeler_george
01-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Is munch safe to stay now or is there truth to that rumour that he might be promoted to OC in Cleveland.

Shawn
01-10-2019, 03:44 PM
The only way AB stays with the team is with a very public and heart felt apology. Even with that, it would be a big if. Not even AB can "clown his boss" and not get canned.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Is munch safe to stay now or is there truth to that rumour that he might be promoted to OC in Cleveland.

Hey! What are you doing posting about Mike Munchak in a thread "Munch." Get with the program and starting talking about AB like everyone else (as if there aren't several dozen other AB threads now anyway).

I think new Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens will continue to call the plays in Cleveland. I think Munchak stays in Pittsburgh to do what he does best...teaching o-linemen how to play OL.

Steel Maniac
01-10-2019, 04:01 PM

I want it made official that he’s back with us. Then we can exhale.

Steel Maniac
01-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Munch contract is up and the Broncos are about to offer him their OL coach spot. Rooney and company need to step up!!!

SteelBucks
01-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Munch contract is up and the Broncos are about to offer him their OL coach spot. Rooney and company need to step up!!!

Yeah. Concerned we still may lose him. He’s one of the few coaches I actually like on this team.

steeler_george
01-12-2019, 04:39 AM
Munch contract is up and the Broncos are about to offer him their OL coach spot. Rooney and company need to step up!!!k

I think it is all about him being near his daughter in Denver, not $$. But doesn't he have immediate family in the Burgh?