PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fights During NFL Playoff Games

flippy
01-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Seems there isn't a game that goes by that there isn't a fight in the stands or parking lot of every NFL game. Here's one from the Chargers vs Ravens game last weekend.

What do you guys think? It's one of the reasons I don't enjoy going to games. There's no excuse to act like an animal. I really don't understand why people get physically violent? Is it the alcohol? Is it their low IQs? Is it because they suffered abuse? Is it mental issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CFC0n7K0pg

Eich
01-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Anytime you bring 60,000+ people together in a venue with alcohol, the chances of an idiot being in there somewhere is pretty high. I'm surprised that I've never seen a fight in any game I've ever attended. I've seen plenty of fights in bars with far less people.

BURGH86STEEL
01-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Fans don't have good sense.

flippy
01-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Anytime you bring 60,000+ people together in a venue with alcohol, the chances of an idiot being in there somewhere is pretty high. I'm surprised that I've never seen a fight in any game I've ever attended. I've seen plenty of fights in bars with far less people.

So is it more sports or more alcohol?

I was just wondering why it happens.

As another example, soccer matches seem to have more insane fans than any other sport. Europeans have a lot more pent up aggression they need to let out. Maybe they're bigger drunks? I dunno. :)

Steel Maniac
01-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I think the Alcohol has 70% to do with it. :smile:

Eich
01-08-2019, 11:45 AM
So is it more sports or more alcohol?

I was just wondering why it happens.

As another example, soccer matches seem to have more insane fans than any other sport. Europeans have a lot more pent up aggression they need to let out. Maybe they're bigger drunks? I dunno. :)

It happens because there are idiots in this world who are looking for a fight or who turn to violence when things aren't going their way. I think it's more sports because tensions are high. But alcohol definitely plays a role because you see idiots in bars getting into fights, even without the tension that sports brings.

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2019, 11:53 AM
I think the Alcohol has 70% to do with it. :smile:

43% of all statistical percentages are simply made up on the spot. ;)

Steel Maniac
01-08-2019, 12:01 PM

Well, I said " I think" ; I have no scientific data to back up that percentage. LOL. But I do think it's the majority of the problem.

flippy
01-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Well, I said " I think" ; I have no scientific data to back up that percentage. LOL. But I do think it's the majority of the problem.

The Jesus juice at my church is red win, but I have yet to see a fight happen there. I'm tending to think it's 72% the sporting event :)

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2019, 04:28 PM
The Jesus juice at my church is red win, but I have yet to see a fight happen there. I'm tending to think it's 72% the sporting event :)

Ours uses Welch's brand Blood of Christ to prevent such alcohol-infused mayhem.

I had to laugh when they decided to start offering a gluten free Body of Christ alternative.

flippy
01-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Ours uses Welch's brand Blood of Christ to prevent such alcohol-infused mayhem.

I had to laugh when they decided to start offering a gluten free Body of Christ alternative.

LOL. IMHO, the wafer transforms into the body of christ, so that sacrament should make it gluten free.

It reminds me of hearing guys argue that they wanted to keep real wine for the blood because the alcohol would be more sanitary since we're all drinking from the same cup. Anyone that thinks they're going to get infected by the body or blood of christ clearly doesn't have faith and is missing the whole point of going to church. Or it's like these folks are accepting Jesus is like Santa. Conceptually good, but you know.....I'm not going to go there because I don't want to offend anyone and I generally think God and church and stuff is all good for many people, but it does make me laugh a little.

NorthCoast
01-08-2019, 08:37 PM
It happens because there are idiots in this world who are looking for a fight or who turn to violence when things aren't going their way. I think it's more sports because tensions are high. But alcohol definitely plays a role because you see idiots in bars getting into fights, even without the tension that sports brings.Had a buddy whose brother was just a plain bad dude. He would go into bars specifically looking to beat the S out of people. Been in and out of jail a few times, but doesn't seem to care who he hurts or maims.

AzStillers1989
01-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Math is hard.

papillon
01-09-2019, 11:03 PM
"Fan" is short for fanatic, football is a religion to some, see below.

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

synonyms:
zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, sectarian, bigot, chauvinist, partisan, radical, diehard, ultra, activist, apologist, adherent

Now, add in the alcohol and a "fan" from another team and you have a highly combustible situation. I would also say that the brawlers have issues at work, home, friends, the neighbors, something that lights the fuse and alcohol helps cultivate. It's ridiculous to me but that's me.

Pappy

flippy
01-10-2019, 12:56 PM
"Fan" is short for fanatic, football is a religion to some, see below.

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

synonyms:
zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, sectarian, bigot, chauvinist, partisan, radical, diehard, ultra, activist, apologist, adherent

Now, add in the alcohol and a "fan" from another team and you have a highly combustible situation. I would also say that the brawlers have issues at work, home, friends, the neighbors, something that lights the fuse and alcohol helps cultivate. It's ridiculous to me but that's me.

Pappy

Perhaps they should call them fanatoholics.

Eich
01-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Had a buddy whose brother was just a plain bad dude. He would go into bars specifically looking to beat the S out of people. Been in and out of jail a few times, but doesn't seem to care who he hurts or maims.

Yep, I've known people like this.

Jigawatts
01-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Last time I went to a Steelers game an insane person wanted to fight me in the parking lot, threatening to call his son and throw me under a car. To be fair, I don't think this guy was a fan tailgating in the parking lot, waiting for the gates to open. He was just whacked in the head.

Then, same day, inside the stadium a nice man belligerently accused me of cutting in front of him in the restroom, which I did not do. He later apologized and informed me, "sorry, I havn't pi$$ed in a week."

I also witnessed multiple altercations and 1 fight when I took my son to the Penguins vs. Flyers stadium series game. Usually the hockey crowd is much more laid back, but all day tailgating + Heinz Field + Philadelphia = my son learning new words.

fordfixer
01-10-2019, 02:34 PM
I believe I read that both of the people fighting in the video were both raven fans fighting over who the QB should be

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Last time I went to a Steelers game an insane person wanted to fight me in the parking lot, threatening to call his son and throw me under a car.

C'mon, man...I apologized for that. Let it go, will ya??? ;)

Jigawatts
01-10-2019, 04:14 PM
C'mon, man...I apologized for that. Let it go, will ya??? ;)

That was you? I thought it was that Kaopectate guy from the Trib.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
That was you? I thought it was that Kaopectate guy from the Trib.

Gotta respect a dude who chooses to name himself after an anti-diarrhea medication.