PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone be shown the door on January 4?

Oviedo
01-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Do we think we hear about changes on the coaching staff?

Buzz
01-04-2019, 10:40 AM

I think there's a good chance Munch leaves.

Ernie
01-04-2019, 10:43 AM
that's the only coaching departure I hate to see happen

Oviedo
01-04-2019, 10:51 AM
I think there's a good chance Munch leaves.

If not for HC job then why would he.

I'm really not sure he is a top HC candidate. He has established his credentials as technician and teacher. He wasn't successful before running the whole show

Ernie
01-04-2019, 10:53 AM

I'm really not sure he is a top HC candidate. He has established his credentials as technician and teacher. He wasn't successful before running the whole show

and guys like mike Hilton werecut by 3 or 4 teams before sticking with Pitt.. past mediocrity doesn't automatically mean the same for the future

Northern_Blitz
01-04-2019, 10:56 AM

I think that this is probably true. He's also shown himself to be selective in the job that he wants (apparently wants to be close to family).

The Terrible Podcast also talked about (1) how the assistant OL coach is also pretty well resepected and has had a chance to learn under Munchak and (2) it's not like the guys we have on the OL would forget how to block if the coach changes. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but if Munchak leaves, I think the OL will be OK until Ben retires at least.

Buzz
01-04-2019, 10:57 AM
I think he's a great fit in Denver, and I would not be surprised to see him as the next HC there.

Ernie
01-04-2019, 11:01 AM
from what I've seen, mike vrabel and others haven't exactly set the world on fire since taking over... perhaps the problem for mediocrity in Tennessee can be found elsewhere

SteelBucks
01-04-2019, 11:22 AM

I’m really hoping today is the day we start hearing some news. It really shouldn’t be too hard to quickly evaluate the dead weight and start handing out pink slips.

SidSmythe
01-04-2019, 12:18 PM
MUNCH is one of many highly qualified candidates the Broncos are looking into - They have scheduled Interviews afterwards with DC's from NE & Chicago.

Munch has a daughter and granddaughter in Denver - the only reason he's interested in that job but it's not like the Broncos have him at the top of their list.
He's gonna have to give a stellar "I want this job" interview like Tomlin did with the Steelers. I don't see it happening.

LETS please show BUTLER the door TODAY!!

SteelerOfDeVille
01-04-2019, 01:57 PM
My money's on Porter... will revise later as they come to me... :p:p

SteelBucks
01-04-2019, 02:43 PM
...patiently waiting for the next to go...

Oviedo
01-04-2019, 03:05 PM
...patiently waiting for the next to go...

If they are going to let Butler go, I have to wonder if the delay may be they are waiting to make sure they lock down the replacement that they want first versus chasing guys and ending up with someone worse than Butler.

If I was in charge I would make sure I got my replacement before I let go of Butler.

SteelBucks
01-04-2019, 03:20 PM
If they are going to let Butler go, I have to wonder if the delay may be they are waiting to make sure they lock down the replacement that they want first versus chasing guys and ending up with someone worse than Butler.

If I was in charge I would make sure I got my replacement before I let go of Butler.

Could be. They may wait until after a team is eliminated from the playoffs if that’s their target.

Mick'sTeam
01-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Not sure we can find worse than Butler. If we end up keeping him we're screwed anyway. Let him go now and take your chances with someone!

Ernie
01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Not sure we can find worse than Butler. If we end up keeping him we're screwed anyway. Let him go now and take your chances with someone!

I don't think it will be impossible to find a top shelf D coordinator. we are (still) the most storied franchise in the league.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2019, 04:35 PM
we are (still) the most storied franchise in the league.

Are you sure? Reading this board, it sounds like the players are all prima donna locker room cancers, the coaches are all incompetent undisciplined fools, the front office is horrible at drafting and refuses to sign anyone significant, and ownership is basically spineless and neutered and cares only about all of their tickets being sold each week. It's remarkable how some people claim to remain biggest fans of this team when they view literally 0% of the operation in any degree of positive light. Maybe Seinfeld was right that we just root for laundry now.

Disco1981
01-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Are you sure? Reading this board, it sounds like the players are all prima donna locker room cancers, the coaches are all incompetent undisciplined fools, the front office is horrible at drafting and refuses to sign anyone significant, and ownership is basically spineless and neutered and cares only about all of their tickets being sold each week. It's remarkable how some people claim to remain biggest fans of this team when they view literally 0% of the operation in any degree of positive light. Maybe Seinfeld was right that we just root for laundry now.

" Ok Boys, Great job...Keep up the good work, we love you "

It doesn't make you less of a fan to criticize...I give the Steelers props all the time...Greatest Franchise ever!

But even the best things in life have rough patches...

If you think a squad as talented as this group, with a HOF QB, continues to lose year after year to inferior teams, underachieve, play uninspired, undisciplined ball...All while having constant in house bickering and discord..And that's ok? We're being whiney fans?

Dude...Every talking head from Coast to Coast is talking about wth is wrong with the Steelers...It's not being a hater, It's about getting it fixed...And it NEEDS fixed

Northern_Blitz
01-04-2019, 05:01 PM

I think we can do better than Butler. But, it's worth noting that he was brought in to bring up the sack numbers. And he has done that (1st in sacks in 2017, t1st in sacks in 2018: almost 20 more in both years than 2016).

It's just that increasing sacks didn't lead to increased turnovers as was expected. Is that because of bad luck, lack of talent, or bad schemes? Probably at least a bit of all three.

JAR
01-04-2019, 05:05 PM

:Clap:Clap

Oviedo
01-04-2019, 05:11 PM

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Blow it up! Grim reaper time! Burn the witch!!!

Ruthless--like I have said for years, you have a group of posters who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. They try to camouflage it as "objectivity," high standards," having a critical eye," " not being fan boys," etc. In reality they just like to see the world with the glass half empty. I wonder if they would ever put their own lives under the scrutiny they do others?????

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Could be. They may wait until after a team is eliminated from the playoffs if that’s their target.

that's a very good point!

Ernie
01-04-2019, 05:44 PM
" Ok Boys, Great job...Keep up the good work, we love you "

It doesn't make you less of a fan to criticize...I give the Steelers props all the time...Greatest Franchise ever!

But even the best things in life have rough patches...

If you think a squad as talented as this group, with a HOF QB, continues to lose year after year to inferior teams, underachieve, play uninspired, undisciplined ball...All while having constant in house bickering and discord..And that's ok? We're being whiney fans?

Dude...Every talking head from Coast to Coast is talking about wth is wrong with the Steelers...It's not being a hater, It's about getting it fixed...And it NEEDS fixed

exactly. excellent post.. need to get back on track

Sugar
01-04-2019, 05:55 PM
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Blow it up! Grim reaper time! Burn the witch!!!

Ruthless--like I have said for years, you have a group of posters who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. They try to camouflage it as "objectivity," high standards," having a critical eye," " not being fan boys," etc. In reality they just like to see the world with the glass half empty. I wonder if they would ever put their own lives under the scrutiny they do others?????

I've noticed the same thing many times. I recall one fan who did nothing but complain about the team after a game. It was a game we won... and it was the Super Bowl!!! I'm really glad that I'm not their kid.

Buzz
01-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Porter fired. No word on Butler so far. Or on Danny Smith.

SidSmythe
01-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Just read on 247Sports that more Defensive Changes are coming to Pittsburgh.

Buzz
01-05-2019, 07:36 PM

Reportedly, the Donks like Munch and he wants the job. As of now, he appears to be the top candidate.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-munchak-has-strong-support-to-be-the-next-broncos-coach-a-job-hes-eager-to-land/

Ernie
01-05-2019, 07:53 PM
this sucks

Steel Maniac
01-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Munchak is gone.