PDA

View Full Version : Steelers players throw support behind Tomlin as early offseason begins

hawaiiansteel
12-31-2018, 10:41 PM
Steelers players throw support behind Tomlin as early offseason begins

JOE RUTTER | Monday, Dec. 31, 2018

Black Monday hit the NFL coaching ranks hard as six head coaches were fired within 24 hours after the regular season ended Sunday night. With openings already existing in Cleveland and Green Bay, one-quarter of the league’s 32 teams have vacancies.

The Pittsburgh Steelers haven’t fired a coach in 50 years and despite the team missing the playoffs for the first time in five years, Mike Tomlin’s tenure is expected to extend to a 13th season.

That might not satisfy an angry fan base that watched the Steelers win two of their final six games to finish 9-6-1 and miss the playoffs by one-half game. But Tomlin continues to have support of the members of the Steelers locker room, and that was evident by their words Monday morning when players began cleaning out their lockers in preparation for a sooner-than-expected offseason.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14457816-74/steelers-players-throw-support-behind-tomlin-as-early-offseason-begins

Ernie
12-31-2018, 10:46 PM
So Tomlin gets the approval of Sensabaugh and McDonald..

Well that settles it then. No more talk to Tomlin being inadequate lol

BURGH86STEEL
01-01-2019, 12:03 AM
The only endorsement that Tomlin needs is from his bosses.

NorthCoast
01-01-2019, 12:12 AM
Mike Tomlin is signed through 2020. Knowing how the Steelers organization conducts business some people will have a tough time for the next 2 yrs.

NorthCoast
01-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Report: Tomlin told defensive coaching staff that they are safe

Mike Tomlin will keep his defensive coaching staff in tact for the 2018 season.

This news came just 3 days after the Steelers loss to JAX in the playoffs. So expect we will hear of any possible changes by Wednesday.

Oviedo
01-01-2019, 01:29 AM
So Tomlin gets the approval of Sensabaugh and McDonald..

Well that settles it then. No more talk to Tomlin being inadequate lol

Their endorsement is far more important than complaints from nobodies on a message board

Ernie
01-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Mike Tomlin is signed through 2020. Knowing how the Steelers organization conducts business some people will have a tough time for the next 2 yrs.

Especially if this team continues to underachieve

Ernie
01-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Their endorsement is far more important than complaints from nobodies on a message board

I was wondering when you were going to show back up... lol. I figured you needed a day or two to let the traffic die down... before you started in on the damage control lol

So their endorsement is far more important because it fits your narrative... but the veterans saying there's a lack of accountability or discipline... I don't guess they carry the same weight, huh? LOL

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 07:36 PM
I was wondering when you were going to show back up... lol. I figured you needed a day or two to let the traffic die down... before you started in on the damage control lol

So their endorsement is far more important because it fits your narrative... but the veterans saying there's a lack of accountability or discipline... I don't guess they carry the same weight, huh? LOL

Exactly.......

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Of corse when the zoo is out of control the animals love the current zoo keeper.

Northern_Blitz
01-01-2019, 07:39 PM

I think we should ignore all comments from players, former players, and talking heads.

They all have special interests.

The only thing to do is wait to see what the Rooney's do

Northern_Blitz
01-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Of corse when the zoo is out of control the animals love the current zoo keeper.

Don't you see the irony of (1) you saying it's BS that someone else only listens to players (or ex players) when it fits their narrative, then (2) you quoting the gospel of Harrison and Cowherd, then (3) you saying these comments don't matter because the current players are biased?

squidkid
01-01-2019, 07:46 PM
I think we should ignore all comments from players, former players, and talking heads.

They all have special interests.

The only thing to do is wait to see what the Rooney's do

nope, the negative stuff is the key. if current players leak bad stuff out, you knows its bad. rarely do players talk crap to the media even though there is stuff going on all the time. players talking nice means very little. who in their right mind would trash their coach and team mates when they need the paycheck and nice work environment?

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Don't you see the irony of (1) you saying it's BS that someone else only listens to players (or ex players) when it fits their narrative, then (2) you quoting the gospel of Harrison and Cowherd, then (3) you saying these comments don't matter because the current players are biased?

I’m saying the current players are bias because they are happy with the status quo of doing what the want with little to no accountability.

You can judge by the actions ( or lack there of) by this team.

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 08:06 PM

You and some others are under the belief that if ex- players say anything negative towards Tomlin it’s because they have an ax to grind.

Do me a favor, go listen to James Harrison interview on the undisputed show with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless.

Then see if all the current stuff adds up to what Harrison is saying. You’ll find it does.

Northern_Blitz
01-01-2019, 08:10 PM
nope, the negative stuff is the key. if current players leak bad stuff out, you knows its bad. rarely do players talk crap to the media even though there is stuff going on all the time. players talking nice means very little. who in their right mind would trash their coach and team mates when they need the paycheck and nice work environment?

I agree that the positive comments here are useless.

But so are the comments from the disgruntled former employee.

And the ones from the guy who's job it is to talk out his ass for as long as he can (in 5 minute segments, preferably screaming) to drum up add sales.

Northern_Blitz
01-01-2019, 08:16 PM
You and some others are under the belief that if ex- players say anything negative towards Tomlin it’s because they have an ax to grind.

Do me a favor, go listen to James Harrison interview on the undisputed show with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless.

Then see if all the current stuff adds up to what Harrison is saying. You’ll find it does.

Maniac, that **** is the sports equivalent of cable news shows.

They leverage an understanding of psychology to rule people up so they stay tuned through the next set of adds.

I'd love it if James had a 1 to 2 hour chat without breaks every 5 minutes. Then they could get past the sound bytes and into the nuance.

Maybe that's even what they do here... But I like my brain too much to subject it to those kind of shows. I trust you'll tell me whenever they something bad about Tomlin (while ignoring anything good)

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 08:16 PM
James Harrison has answered the question of the “ disgruntled emplyee” stuff. Go listen

steelz09
01-01-2019, 08:18 PM

Exactly right. Everything adds up to what he was saying. EVERYTHING. The funny thing is, anyone that can think objectively could see the writing on the wall for quite some time without an ex-player, current player, etc saying something.

It's so blatanly obvious that Tomlin needs to be replaced that it's simply mind boggling that there are people supporting him time and time again.

Yes, he has had his positive moments. It's not doing Tlin justice to say otherwise. With that said, I'm stunned that even when he makes obvious errors and bad judgement, the ball washers refuse to admit it.

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Maniac, that **** is the sports equivalent of cable news shows.

They leverage an understanding of psychology to rule people up so they stay tuned through the next set of adds.

I'd love it if James had a 1 to 2 hour chat without breaks every 5 minutes. Then they could get past the sound bytes and into the nuance.

Maybe that's even what they do here... But I like my brain too much to subject it to those kind of shows. I trust you'll tell me whenever they something bad about Tomlin (while ignoring anything good)
As i thought... you don’t know what your talking about. Go listen first. You’ve disqualified your self from this view point.
Go listen to what Harrison said.

steelz09
01-01-2019, 08:20 PM
As i thought... you don’t know what your talking about. Go listen first. You’ve disqualified your self from this view point.
Go listen to what Harrison said.

They dont want to educate themselves because their opinion is already formed.

NorthCoast
01-01-2019, 09:52 PM

This sure sounds like a former Steeler I want to listen to. Need to try to find a more respectable source, even his own teammates don't.

PITTSBURGH -- The scene in the Steelers' locker room on Wednesday was jarring.

A player with five Pro Bowl appearances, two Super Bowl rings and 80.5 sacks typically would be celebrated by his former teammates as the door closes on an era.
Instead, linebacker James Harrison got excoriated from all angles.

Center Maurkice Pouncey and linebacker Bud Dupree were among players who spoke out about Harrison sabotaging his final year in Pittsburgh as a way out. Since that afternoon session, details from Dupree and others have painted Harrison as a malcontent, even a quitter.

Making sense of it all is still difficult, but a few pieces have come together.

Somehow, Harrison's discontent bubbled under the surface for months. Players say Harrison's 14th season in Pittsburgh was filled with missed practices, stadium departures over inactive statuses and even nap sessions through meetings. Harrison stayed mostly quiet over the last three months but gave one hint to DKPittsburghSports.com, telling the outlet he would have signed elsewhere had he known he would play a limited role.

Disco1981
01-01-2019, 10:10 PM
This sure sounds like a former Steeler I want to listen to. Need to try to find a more respectable source, even his own teammates don't.

At least Harrison had a lot of great years...DuPree looks like he quits every game he plays!

I wouldn't put much stock in that bums opinion...He couldn't carry Harrisons jock

squidkid
01-01-2019, 11:02 PM

so pouncey is credible here when he says something bad about harrison but he isnt when he says this team lacks disciplinre and has loads of talent this year?

squidkid
01-01-2019, 11:04 PM
so, tomlin benches harrison for missing practices and meetings but doesnt do anything to AB when he did it........................hmmmm

NorthCoast
01-01-2019, 11:12 PM
so pouncey is credible here when he says something bad about harrison but he isnt when he says this team lacks disciplinre and has loads of talent this year?Never said a word about Pouncey not being credible on his team comments.
I am referring to the reprehensible actions Harrison had on the team and why his opinion is tainted. Btw, the team dealt with by trading him away.

but continue to try to rationalize...

squidkid
01-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Never said a word about Pouncey not being credible on his team comments.
I am referring to the reprehensible actions Harrison had on the team and why his opinion is tainted. Btw, the team dealt with by trading him away.

but continue to try to rationalize...

lol.............sure.
what did tomlin do to AB when he did the same stuff?

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 11:21 PM
so, tomlin benches harrison for missing practices and meetings but doesnt do anything to AB when he did it........................hmmmm

Squid, let it go. Anyone who says anything negative about Tomlin is not creditable to the TBW.

It’s very obvious that the TBW need another year of missing the playoffs and more anarchy and buffoonery before they are with us.

They are our Steeler brothers so we have to be patient with them.

NorthCoast
01-01-2019, 11:28 PM
lol.............sure.
what did tomlin do to AB when he did the same stuff?lol... squid. that's all you got?

I have no clue how Tomlin dealt with it. But I haven't seen videos from Brown in the locker room lately. And Brown didn't play in the most important Steeler game of the season.

squidkid
01-01-2019, 11:47 PM
lol... squid. that's all you got?

I have no clue how Tomlin dealt with it. But I haven't seen videos from Brown in the locker room lately. And Brown didn't play in the most important Steeler game of the season.

you are so clueless, but you are funm to make fun of.
you bragged up tomlin because benched and traded harrison but defend him for doing nothing with AB.
and you absolutely have no clue if you think that game was the most important

squidkid
01-01-2019, 11:50 PM
Squid, let it go. Anyone who says anything negative about Tomlin is not creditable to the TBW.

It’s very obvious that the TBW need another year of missing the playoffs and more anarchy and buffoonery before they are with us.

They are our Steeler brothers so we have to be patient with them.

dude, these guys are stupid enough that 8 post seasons with only 1 being respectable isnt enough to get them off their knees, one more isnt going to do it
patient?. nope, gonna remind them every chance i get. all off season, draft time, preseason, regular seaso. until he is gone or he meets expectations

NorthCoast
01-02-2019, 12:26 AM
you are so clueless, but you are funm to make fun of.
you bragged up tomlin because benched and traded harrison but defend him for doing nothing with AB.
and you absolutely have no clue if you think that game was the most important......'fun to make fun of' ..... Alas, you are beginning to bore me because you are not bringing much new to the discussion. Especially when you make things up to support a point.

squidkid
01-02-2019, 12:31 AM
......'fun to make fun of' ..... Alas, you are beginning to bore me because you are not bringing much new to the discussion. Especially when you make things up to support a point.

yup, you just arent smart enough to take all the information out there and decipher it.
you have an excuse for everything. i know your type. i have a bro in law that is a lions fan. every season he predicts big things and when they crap the bed, he blames it on the dumbest things. not the real things.
BTW, feel free to stop responding to my posts if you are getting bored

Ernie
01-02-2019, 06:28 AM
yup, you just arent smart enough to take all the information out there and decipher it.
you have an excuse for everything. i know your type. i have a bro in law that is a lions fan. every season he predicts big things and when they crap the bed, he blames it on the dumbest things. not the real things.
BTW, feel free to stop responding to my posts if you are getting bored

I'll bet I know who got the blame for it this year........... wait for it...... JIM BOB COOTER!! lmao